LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

LIKES: I can LIKE my OWN POSTS? / Reputation: In the NEGATIVE??

@DailyDi@Elfy@Glennie @AwakenEvil@spoonchicken

I just noticed in the last hour or so, that usually when i POST something, I USUALLY don't see the like Icons for my posts.  I know that this is supposed to be this way, because why in heck would I wanna like my OWN content I posted?  I figure if someone LIKES MY posts, then I would be able to LIKE theirs, but it NOW seems that I can LIKE Mine?   That happened when I posted a  response to a user question this afternoon.

Second:  Take a look this user:  HERE. Person Posted THIS  I noticed that his Reputation meter is in the RED (POOR) and also NEGATIVE 9?  How the heck is that possible, unless someone can MARK a posting with a negative rating, as there is NO "dislike" button. Can negative actions/postings/warnings/etc affect the posters rating?  For example, if someone was being an "asshat" and say said something inappropriate to Mikey, and he decides to take actions, can an admin actually "dislike" a post, or in assessing a penalty, LOWER the rep of an IDIOT that is being a fool, as sort of a SIGNAL that they have done bad things?

Just Curious, as I have NOT seen negative Rep for a while, and well, both of these things are sort of related:  If I make a good post, i want the like to mean that It was well received, and additionally, I don't want to do bad things that negatively impact this site, or anyone associated with it:  If people wanna mess with the ban hammer, and start threatening any of you, well, I KNOW that you guys will deal with it effectively and decisively :)

Just Curious :)

Brian

The software allows for "downrating" posts which in turn lower your user score, but in practice it's too often abused as a way to antagonize other users by donvoting everything they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

The software allows for "downrating" posts which in turn lower your user score, but in practice it's too often abused as a way to antagonize other users by donvoting everything they do.

@DailyDi

Quite Right: I think that in my forum software, you can either TURN OFF negative rep, or you can use it as a way to showcase "bad behavior."  This type of system can be abused, and as such, removing a "down vote button" insures that the rep stays positive:  The reason I say that is, because you either LIKE the post, or you leave it BLANK, which is effectively leaving you exactly where you were:  I assume "warning points" are another way to cripple those who do not wanna play nice in here, and i am glad that your guys are doing your level best to keep the bad boys from doing bad things :)

Thanks

Brian

• Like 1