LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disney World with incontinence

Hey everyone,

This summer, my wife and I are planning on going to Disney World (depending on what covid is up to ?). I have urge incontinence and normally wear either the Northshore Megamax (when I’m not home and restrooms aren’t more than 10 seconds away) or the Northshore Go Supreme pullups (when I’m at home) . 

My question is what would you all recommend as far as which products would be best to wear? I feel like nothing is a perfect option.

My leaks vary from very little to a huge void which is the problem with pullups. 

I HATE cloth backed diapers cause, while not as hot feeling as plastic backed diapers, the tabs always seems to stretch, they constantly have that “wet/full” feeling, and they feel just as damp on the outside as they do on the inside.

I’m nervous about using pullups because if I have two large voids while in line and no access to a bathroom I’m going to leak. The positive about the pullups is I can easily go to the toilet and use almost like a timed voiding schedule.

The cons of the megamax is mainly the heat ?? and finding a private place to change because those tabs are LOUD lol.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. If anyone has and advice I’d really appreciate it! 

Hey Anincondl,

Have you thought about other diapers such as northshore supreme or consider adding booster to the pullups? 

You could also add pads (non-flow through) to the pullups and change out the pads every so often and have the pullup as a backup? 

On 3/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, scaifester said:

Hey Anincondl,

Have you thought about other diapers such as northshore supreme or consider adding booster to the pullups? 

You could also add pads (non-flow through) to the pullups and change out the pads every so often and have the pullup as a backup? 

Thanks for the advice!! Do you think a pad would hold a full void (or two ?)? 

It depends on how large the void is. 

I wear all the time and I don't flood (bladder volume has shrunk and I dribble throughout the day). I think the pad could handle multiple small voids and then you can go into the bathroom and change out the pad. 

Go ahead and use the MegaMax diapers. There are very nice handicap facilities at DW that include waste bins in the handicap stalls. Many also have wash-up sinks, too.

• Like 1

When we head down to Disney I use Betterdry diapers (Take more then you think you need) as I ran out on the last Day and still had to drive 2.5 days home.  I also use large clear ziplock bags for each diaper in my diaperbag as it helps protect the diaper during the security bag check :).  I had no issues carrying a small blunt pair of scissors and a roll of tape after explaining my need to use the tape to reenforce the tapes on my diaper (was told only use them when changing not out in the open in the park) 

Disney is very accommodating for medical needs, and the bag checks get easier to deal with if you relax and explain the bag contains medical supplies when they start the search (the never removed a diaper to expose it to the public.

also let the hotel know you deal with incontinence issues and they will supply a bed protector for the mattress (at least they have the last few times we have requested I also use the disposal bed pads from walmart that stick to the sheets incase ai leak.

Hope you have a fun safe trip

Rob

• Like 1

As a man, I can pull penis out the leg hole to pee when wearing tape on diapers

You would need a stall for this and pull pants all the way down as you need 1 hand holding penis and 1 hand holding leg hole away from body, just enough that it doesn't hinder the flow.

Often do this in the morning if the diaper is still somewhat dry, so I can wear it for longer
Also does this when on holiday or other places where I try stay dry, usually around my family

• Like 1

You can download a disabled park guide from their website.    There are roomier "companion" bathrooms periodically in the parts.   Even the regular restrooms have at least one larger stall in it.

If I'm just having bladder issues and I'm think I'll be away from bathrooms while wearing  pull-ups I use high capacity pads inside them. I wear cargo pants because I can't have anything in my back pockets as it upsets my back. I can carry extra pads and can change I get a chance. I also wear at times a tactical cargo vest or jacket. Has larger pockets can carry med diaper or pull-ups, small pack of wipes, gloves and disposal bags. Some places don't want back packs in their locations. And I don't want to explain the issue.. ?  I'm not too stressed by the bladder issue as it's not as hard to deal with it. But the bowel issue stresses me the most as it can show up a random times. As I don't regulate temperature and fluid balance very well I like the pull-ups over diapers in hot weather. I'm still experimenting with pads and sizing. I plan to try the poise high capacity long style and the overnight version. Once soaked I can change it or still have a dry pull-up or diaper.

Thank you all so much for all the advice. I think I’m just going to wear the magamax’s but bring pullups in case they are just too hot. My wife and I were talking and like she said, it’ll be more uncomfortable mentally worrying about a leak than it will be uncomfortable physically. 

Hopefully I won’t get the stare of shame by using a companion bathroom to change. I’m just self conscious about others hearing me in the general restroom.

7 hours ago, Anincondl said:

Thank you all so much for all the advice. I think I’m just going to wear the magamax’s but bring pullups in case they are just too hot. My wife and I were talking and like she said, it’ll be more uncomfortable mentally worrying about a leak than it will be uncomfortable physically. 

Hopefully I won’t get the stare of shame by using a companion bathroom to change. I’m just self conscious about others hearing me in the general restroom.

I understand the "stare of shame" and others hearing you in the restroom.  I'm like that to a point, always the reason when I'm out of town shopping and might need a change I use a restroom at a store that has an outer lock on the door.

Not sure if this would make you feel more comfortable since your decision is to wear bulky Mega Max diapers, but keep one thing in mind.  You are there with your wife who knows you wear diapers.  Everyone else around you will be a stranger that you will probably never see again in your life after your trip is over.  Does it really matter a lot if all these strangers who you won't ever see again know you are wearing diapers?  If it was friends, relatives or coworkers you know and see all the time, I would be uncomfortable too.  You won't know all these people around you, especially if you are traveling there from out of state.  The chances of running into someone you know at a huge place like Disney World is very slim.  Your vacation is to get away, enjoy yourself and have fun, and Disney World is a great place to do so!  Don't let the fact that a total stranger is going to know you are wearing diapers or hear you changing in the restroom make you so uptight that you can't enjoy your surroundings and have fun.  It's no big deal that people may realize you are wearing diapers, even though they probably won't even notice.  Remember, they are there to have fun too, and among all the attractions, fantasy and things to do at Disney World, the last thing they are going to focus on or care about is someone in the park wearing diapers under their clothing or changing in a restroom. 

• Like 3

Disney parks have a DAS, or Disability Access Service. 

You can go to Guest Relations by the entrance and ask for accommodations to help out.

I'd suggest a bathroom map & a fastpass so you aren't delayed as much between changes? They might be able to help with storage or other issues too.

Once arranged they register your accommodations for 60 days. 

Last time we went down my diaper bag was a small sling bag (holds 2 to 3 Betterdry diapers) as it was light weight and easy to carry in the prior trips it was a full sized back pack that we attached to the back of my wife’s scooter so I did not  have to lug it around the sling bag worked out the best. 

I live in Florida and we go all the time!! The new security procedures do not check your bags they have screeners who are doing something to check for stuff that are dangerous so its no problem. Use to get embarrassed by them checking my bag but not anymore. The worse part is the chafing...

• Like 1

I'm planning a trip to Wisconsin Dells later this year and my plan is to wear Mega Max diapers along with Betterdry and Abena L4 plastic backed.  My reasoning is there are a lot of things to do that take you from place to place for maybe a couple hours as opposed to one big park like Disney World where you can rent a locker for your diapers and change in special handicap areas.  Unlike Disney World,  I may spend a couple hours at one attraction then drive to see a different attraction in the area with totally different people around.  It's not like running into the same people over and over at Disney World where someone might think, "Oh, there's that guy in diapers again!  He was just at the Small World ride!"   A Mega Max should last me 8 or more hours without needing to change, meaning if I put it on when I get up before leaving the hotel room, it should last me most of the day, or at least while I do most of my tourist things like the boat trips.  While I will have a spare diaper for a change in my car if needed, it's still not easy in a tourist town to grab a diaper and openly walk into an available rest room.  I'm sure they will be thick and bulky under my shorts and probably noticeable by some people while on the boat rides or the walks, but I don't know them, they don't know me, I'm sure they would never say anything to me if they did notice the bulk and after my trip I'll never see them again.  Just as long as my thick butt doesn't end up on YouTube when they post their vacation videos!

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Anincondl said:

Thanks for the advice!! Do you think a pad would hold a full void (or two ?)? 

How did your trip go?   Disney is great.  The diapers might be a little uncomfortable in the heat & humidity, but would otherwise have some advantages for long lines...... I got stuck in the queue for Rise of the Resistance once...... the ride broke and I had to go.  No diapers.......... I was about to walk out when the ride opened again.  

Joey

It sure was nice on my trip!  I wasn't at a place like Disney World where you spend most of the day at the same park, but everywhere I went and every attraction I went to I never once had to worry about a bathroom.  My diapers under my shorts were not noticeable, at least no one seemed to notice and I never had to worry.  When I needed to pee, I just did and enjoyed all the sites.  Since most attractions were maybe 3 hours long at the most, I was always able to stop back at the motel if I needed to change diapers before going to my next attraction.  That might be harder to do at a place like Disney World, but my Betterdry and Abena diapers held up for 6 to 8+ hours in the heat and humidity before I changed them.  I never once used a public restroom on my trip until the last day when I used one to change my diaper before the long drive back home.  As long as places like Disney World have lockers to keep your diaper changes and supplies in, and privet rest rooms where you can change, I see no problem if you are comfortable enough with the idea to just wear diapers under your clothing all day and enjoy yourself.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for sharing your concerns. It's totally understandable to want the best solution for your situation. When it comes to visiting east coast amusement parks, comfort and reliability are key. Have you considered trying a combination of products, like wearing the Northshore Megamax for longer outings and switching to the Go Supreme pullups when you're closer to facilities? It might offer the best of both worlds in terms of protection and convenience.

This thread is going on 3 years but I will chime in for being diapered in big amusement parks.  Last August I went to Hershey Park in Pennsylvania for the day.  It was an hour drive from my Hotel in Gettysburg just to get there, plus parking and waiting in line to get in.  I started the morning with a TREST disposable diaper, 9500ML rated capacity, double layer rustle plastic pants from Rearz and then a plain t-shirt onesie and short legged shorts.  I carried a small shoulder bag that held 2 premium diapers and a small pack of wipes.  I had expected to have my shoulder bag searched when entering the park but they never gave it a look.  My plan was to rent a small locker to keep it in while I explored the park, but I wasn't about to pay $20 to do so.  I just kept it with me the whole day.  Even though Trest disposable diapers have a very high capacity, by mid afternoon mine was really heavy and sagging even with the plastic pants, onesie and shorts to help hold it in place.  There is no shortage of handicap one-at-a-time restrooms throughout the park with outer door locks, so around 3pm I headed into one and had no problem privetly changing my soaked, heavy sagging diaper.  Throughout the entire day I doubt anyone at all could tell I was thickly diapered under my shorts, even when packed tightly together in line for attractions and rides.  Unfortunately that will be my last amusement park as I'm not up to the walking or roller coasters anymore.  I would someday like to get back to Disney World and if I do, I'll go diapered if I do it solo.  I'd rent a motorized scooter if possible to get around, but I doubt if I will ever go again.  I hate the whole idea of people paying hundreds of dollars for line jumper passes that let rich people cut in front of everyone else.  It's just not right where as everyone else has to wait a lot longer to get on the ride cutting way down the amount of rides they will be able to go on for their ticket price.   It's a money maker for all amusement parts that have line jumper passes for sale, but it's never right to cut in line.  That's what we are taught at an early age, no cutting in line but now it's OK to do so if you pay extra!  Greed, plain greed!