LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cozy Fox Furniture (Be Aware)

Warning: Cozy Fox Furniture (Via Youtube)

Posting this as a public service to the communitySounds like this dude "disappeared" and SCAMMED paigy - NOT Cool as far as I see it:  Happened to see this when doing a video scan on my youtube page:  Being a techie myself, I would be LIVID if this happened to me, or if something I was promised was never completed.  I would HOPE that people in our community are on guard:  I am sure that there are EXCELLENT craftsmen out there, but when someone does this type of stuff, it makes me upset:  I hope that if what she decides to do is to take legal action or get some relief because of this situation, that it sends a SIGNAL that anyone who is trying to "duck and run" like this will have to deal with the consequences of their decisions......GEEZ!

I will leave it to the members to decide, but I think this guy has some "s'plainin" to do to her and to others who he has agreements with.

Just thought it should be posted as a matter of principle........I Hate Scammers :(

Brian

• ~Brian~ changed the title to Cozy Fox Furniture (Be Aware)
50 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

That sucks big time!

@DailyDi

Yes it does, and if you watch that video, you will see that she also showed how her "crib extension/gate" was done very shoddily, and that she was upset because she can't FIX it - I watched that whole video Mikey, and I know we have people who are craftsmen, and that there are businesses that provide services to our community - I heard that she agreed to do a website for this guy, and it sounds like she was being "strung along."

As a website designer and a techie, as well as a business owner, I would probably do work for someone, but I WON'T do anything more without a written agreement:  I have assisted many people over the years, and most times, I am compensated fairly,  After seeing her CRY like that, I was like "No WAY this dude is gonna get away with this", and I posted it, as warning to others that may want to have furniture or toys made.  I cant STAND to see a lady in distress, and well, THAT did it - Let's Hope that this dude makes it right, or is made to make it right. 

Brian

3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I watched the whole thing. The crib definitely needs work on the extension. Hope someone can fix it for her.

@DailyDi

I would agree:  and this guy was supposed to build her a dollhouse as well:  Doesn't sound like she is gonna get it either:  SAD :(

Brian

i met the owner of cozy fox at capcon last year.. He had a crib set up in the vendors area that was made from plywood that had been cut using a cad program to cut out the slots in the rails. I told him this stuff wouldn't hold up to the use it was going to get and he got angry with me.  His display model didn't even work properly. I am sad that people actually bought anything from him.  His product is not up to any quality standards.  I was not surprised when i started hearing of people buying his stuff and it falling apart. Its very sad to hear of yet another person with big goals not meeting their expectation.  I built my own crib and i built it out of solid oak. yes I used commercially made stair rails but I did make everything else by hand. It took me several months of working in the evenings and weekends. I have over 1000.00 in red oak in my project. I knew the second I saw his plywood crib it was doomed to failure.

20160305_141212.jpg

• Like 5
On 1/17/2021 at 5:36 PM, Glennie said:

i met the owner of cozy fox at capcon last year.. He had a crib set up in the vendors area that was made from plywood that had been cut using a cad program to cut out the slots in the rails. I told him this stuff wouldn't hold up to the use it was going to get and he got angry with me.  His display model didn't even work properly. I am sad that people actually bought anything from him.  His product is not up to any quality standards.  I was not surprised when i started hearing of people buying his stuff and it falling apart. Its very sad to hear of yet another person with big goals not meeting their expectation.  I built my own crib and i built it out of solid oak. yes I used commercially made stair rails but I did make everything else by hand. It took me several months of working in the evenings and weekends. I have over 1000.00 in red oak in my project. I knew the second I saw his plywood crib it was doomed to failure.

20160305_141212.jpg

You are gonna have to package this up and being it to one of our parties!

• Like 1

She did an update and this wasn't a real scam, this just was a man who can't run a business and is totally bad with finances so he backs out of deals and he couldn't handle any criticism so he ghosted. But he came back all because of her video and he is going to be finishing up work he promised but is not taking any new orders. This doesn't excuse what he did, I don't think he should be running a business. As a business owner, you will get criticism and hate and you deal with it by ignoring it or asking them what would they like that would make them happy and you will be dealing with the ones who will be trying to scam you. If you can't handle all that, maybe don't run a business. 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2021 at 1:13 AM, Nat said:

She did an update and this wasn't a real scam, this just was a man who can't run a business and is totally bad with finances so he backs out of deals and he couldn't handle any criticism so he ghosted. But he came back all because of her video and he is going to be finishing up work he promised but is not taking any new orders. This doesn't excuse what he did, I don't think he should be running a business. As a business owner, you will get criticism and hate and you deal with it by ignoring it or asking them what would they like that would make them happy and you will be dealing with the ones who will be trying to scam you. If you can't handle all that, maybe don't run a business. 

@Nat

Thank you for posting this one - I saw the video yesterday, and I didn't post it like i did when I started this thread.  To me, there are situations when you can get overwhelmed, have medical issues, have family issues, etc., but it sounds like, as you say, that he just took on too much, and could NOT handle what he had taken on, or promised to her.  The guy just couldn't handle what he had, but to DISAPPEAR like that, and not respond to Paigey is RIDICULOUS!  When you make a deal, you keep your end of it, and if you can NOT do that, you admit you are IN OVER your head, and tell people this when they ask.

My Grampa Baker owned a business for a LONG Time, doing signs for businesses, painting (Hand Lettering) Vehicles and installed them [signs and sign posts regular and NEON] for YEARS - If there was one thing my Grampa would not do, was to take on something that he could not handle, and he pulled out of a few over the years.  I agree with you, that if the guy cant get organized, and run his business adequately, he should not be IN business.

It is one thing to be a wood worker, or a craftsman, or a "weekend warrior," where you make stuff in your workshop, or you fix something that needs it.  It is QUITE another story when you CONTRACT to, or AGREE to do something for someone - My Grampa was the kind of guy who also was of the opinion that EACH customer deserves your VERY BEST, and when or if you think you can't do that, then you don't take the job.

I hope that, she does get her crib and her gate fixed the RIGHT way, and I would say that you should ALWAYS "do your homework" and make sure that you are dealing with people with good reputations, honest, upfront and professional - Make sure that anything you ask of them is within the scope of their ability, and that they are able to deliver: and make SURE you have a CONTRACT that spells out the particulars of what is expected, and when, and how much something will cost, and if there are any changes, get them in WRITING on what they call "change orders" and keep that with the contract.  That way, If you end up in a courtroom, you will have the evidence:  Take Pictures of things, and videos if necessary as well.

I wish her the best of luck :)

Brian

• 2 years later...

Honestly I have thought more than once of trying to make furnature, cause I can work with wood, but, I am kinda scared of getting in over my head. I am old and mostly crippled, its not allways easy for me to get stuff done. Still, I have allways found it best to be honest with people and tell them when you have a problem producing something. Delays happen, life happens, but don't toss bs on the person.

• Like 1
On 1/22/2021 at 1:13 AM, Nat said:

Nat, You should really learn to realize that most of people bad mouthing that business are narcistic women and its pathetic that people believe them just because they are SWers. It wasn't that he couldn't handle criticism it was the matter of people believing one side of a story that was a flat out lie. One of the people who called out this company and posted it on Instagram talked about her crib falling apart and failed to mention she tried to put over 1500 pounds of weight and got mad when the mattress support snapped.

I know Cozy personally and he made me furniture this past year and even drove to my home and assembled it. He is still making furniture just for private request. He knows just as well as I do just how toxic this community is.