LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doubling Up

Forced2wet

I often read about DD members doubling up their diapers and wearing two at the same time.

I have never tried this but quite like the idea of the additional bulk as I like thick disposable nappies.

For those that have tried it   
Do you wear a smaller size ( say medium) underneath a large size disposable or can they both be the same size?

Do you put holes in the the first disposable so the pee flows into the second one or do you just allow the first to leak into the second?

I currently tend to wet my disposables until overflowing point and would try the same with double diapers. 

The second diaper does not need to be smaller but that can work and since I’m going to be using the diaper yes I usually slice a hole in the middle of diaper one so it can soak into the other one.

Being double diapered is a nice feeling for sure 

i’m doubled-up in Rearz trainers for additional capacity. Pee seems to flow from the inner to outer without impediment. They are both the same size, small. The bulk of being doubled is a nice feeling.

I love wearing multiple diapers at once, and absolutely find that increasing sizes from smaller to larger helps. For example, right now I am in a Medium A+ Level 4 diaper with a small Spiderman Goodnites as a stuffer, and then a large Attends with Waistband with a Huggies Size 6 and vintage plastic baby diaper as stuffers over  the medium diaper. I have poke holes in each diaper to help the pee pass through each diaper to the next. These are my night diapers, so I'll be in them all night!

@Forced2wet

I think we had a discussion about double diapering at one point:  I remember that someone asked if doubling up made sense, or helped you to be able to last longer between changes.  I think @square_duckand I responded that all that double diapering does is waste a diaper, or make your diaper bulkier, but it does NOT really offer additional PROTECTION for the additional diapers.  This is because you are NOT able to wet the multiple diapers, and all the wetness stays in the first diaper that is closest to the "plumbing."  The only way to get the other diapers to accept the wetness, is to rip the heck out of any diapers you put over the top of the first, and that to me, is uncomfortable and a waste, because you are adding additional modified diapers, for the bulk, and you have to destroy them to get the wetness to wick down through to the diaper that is on the bottom.

Now, if you want to feel babyish, and you don't MIND using multiples to feel like you are a baby, or you want to NOT be able to close your legs, a couple really good diapers that are solid may be used for this.  Put on 2-3 megamaxes, and you'll be set.  However, any more than that would be a waste, because at $3/diaper it can be expensive ;)

Brian

1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Forced2wet

I think we had a discussion about double diapering at one point:  I remember that someone asked if doubling up made sense, or helped you to be able to last longer between changes.  I think @square_duckand I responded that all that double diapering does is waste a diaper, or make your diaper bulkier, but it does NOT really offer additional PROTECTION for the additional diapers.  This is because you are NOT able to wet the multiple diapers, and all the wetness stays in the first diaper that is closest to the "plumbing."  The only way to get the other diapers to accept the wetness, is to rip the heck out of any diapers you put over the top of the first, and that to me, is uncomfortable and a waste, because you are adding additional modified diapers, for the bulk, and you have to destroy them to get the wetness to wick down through to the diaper that is on the bottom.

Now, if you want to feel babyish, and you don't MIND using multiples to feel like you are a baby, or you want to NOT be able to close your legs, a couple really good diapers that are solid may be used for this.  Put on 2-3 megamaxes, and you'll be set.  However, any more than that would be a waste, because at $3/diaper it can be expensive ;)

Brian

I say to you and @square_duckBULLS--T.If you put a slice right where you pee the second diaper can get soaked.I have been doing this for years.Heck alot of times I wear a cloth diaper first and the second disposable still gets quite wet.

29 minutes ago, waynecook52 said:

I say to you and @square_duckBULLS--T.If you put a slice right where you pee the second diaper can get soaked.I have been doing this for years.Heck alot of times I wear a cloth diaper first and the second disposable still gets quite wet.

@waynecook52

I did say:

1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

The only way to get the other diapers to accept the wetness, is to rip the heck out of any diapers you put over the top of the first, and that to me, is uncomfortable and a waste, because you are adding additional modified diapers, for the bulk, and you have to destroy them to get the wetness to wick down through to the diaper that is on the bottom.

this means that I acknowledge that the way you get a diaper to accept wetness is to cut a slit/hole in it to allow the wetness to get to the top diaper.  Since i don't wear cloth diapers, and I don't cut holes in mine, this is academic:  you are still modifying diapers, and putting holes in them.  If you don't do that, then double diapering is a waste of a diaper, which is what I was saying, and I believe @square_duckwas saying as well.

If you want to double up, because you want to feel "babyish" than that's cool:  I just don't see myself slitting holes in my diapers:  and if I don't do that, then I feel it is a waste of a diaper.  what I can do, is to put 2-3 megamax boosters, size large in my diaper, and if you put them in just right, your diaper is as BULKY as heck, and you wont be able to close your legs, and you use one diaper. :)

Take Care,

Brian

I double up when I wear disposable diapers for in general they have a tendency to leak, I wear medical style disposables. I prefer to wear cloth diapers in the first place but they are not very convenient when out and about. So when out and about I’ll wear a disposable diaper and put a thin cloth diaper over it and a snug fitting plastic pants, nice look, nice feel and very authentic. When at home I’ll go back to cloth diapers which are thick enough, no need to double my cloth diapers.

The most ridiculous I ever got was with a large baby diaper as a stuffer inside a small adult diaper as a stuffer inside a medium adult diaper all wrapped up in a large adult diaper taped up with some duck tape. 

I could barely walk and had to take it off way before it was fully wet. I perferated all the interior diapers.

Thank you for all your replies.

I assume that the inner disposable is perforated with small holes and only when it has reached capacity it leaks into the outer disposable. Thus meaning both will be used rather than wasted

1 hour ago, Forced2wet said:

Thank you for all your replies.

I assume that the inner disposable is perforated with small holes and only when it has reached capacity it leaks into the outer disposable. Thus meaning both will be used rather than wasted

It depends upon how fast you wet. Often what would spread out on the inner diaper will make it into the outer diaper. So if you like a wet butt, that will be harder.

Doubled MegaMax diapers is a waste, use a less expensive brand as the inner diaper,  cut plenty of slits in the backing as this will allow the outer diaper to adsord,  and a properly doubled diaper can last 24 or more hours.

• Like 1

I Often wear a double boosted double  north shore 2 mediums with 2 large boosters. I dont recommend it

for to be.discrete,I don't.need to  hide mine as I don't  walk and  am restrained  in.a wheelchair,gel padded neoprene anti thrust

harness looks like a black  diaper with roller buckles so.i.am well.padded and not worried about.discrete, looking like you escaped land of.misfit toys gives you. Latitude.

I don't exactly double up, but have a variation.  I bought some cheap Walmart Diapers and don't like them at all so I trim off all the excess material cut slits into the backing and then use them for a diaper doubler for NS Lites and Wellness Original when I want extra absorbency.

Iv had to double up tonight been drinking all day and ran of of boosters. Iv used a smaller nappy and bigger for the main! Hopefully it work with no leaks. See what happens. 

On 12/23/2020 at 10:20 PM, waynecook52 said:

Brian,I should have said my post a little differantly.What I should have said is you do not have to rip the heck out of the second diaper.

@waynecook52

I understand:  In my case, adding a couple boosters can give me the bulk I need, without having to rip into the diaper :) 

Brian

I have doubled up before, but I find that ABDL diapers with 1-2 stuffers get thick enough when wet

My way when doubling up:
1 insert - 1 diaper with holes - 1 insert - 1 diaper
That makes a thick diaper when wet, and fairly thick when dry
I always use medical diaper for the one with holes, but have used ABDL diaper as the outer one... not going out in that one.

I have tested dubble diapers but I find it to be better to wear a single more absorbant diaper. When I want to last around 12 hours in the same diaper I most oftenly wear a ABU peekabu and that last for 12 hours without leaking.

So far I have never worn a diaper  with a booster in it but I do want to try it :)

I almost always use booster in diaper
It lasts longer, makes it thicker and the fit is better
ABU just has too much space inside the diaper without booster, so it feels loose, like it was meant to be used with a booster 

• Like 1

? I see my nick bandied around here and all I can say is I DIDN'T DO IT!!!! Not my fault!! ?

But on the more serious side pertaining to the OP, as Brian said, I have my issues with doubling up with disposables, but that is just me as I know that people can and do make it work. 

For me, doubling up always referred to cloth diapers (flats or prefolds) usually for over night ir for extended wear. To me, if you want to double up with disposables, then buy better disposables!

But the other side of that is the better or higher quality / capacity ones are more expensive, and not everyone has buckets of cash laying around to buy diapers, and they have to make do with what they have. So, doubling up with cheaper diapers becomes more of an option, or requirement for some than others and I see that. Yes, I do perceive as a waste....but only because I had never tried it and didn't know how well it worked, until I tried it by using a Pampers 7 inside another disposable, slitting it as suggested, and only then did I see the possibilities and potential benifits. 

I still have my issues though, as posted above, someone was doubling up on NS mega maxes..I mean....REALLY...? Those things are ((((((((HUGE ))))))))) and hold a ton already...wth double them up??? I mean, yeah.... I like bulk as much as the next guy / lady..... Person, but still...sheesh!, And to me...that is a waste, because you can NEVER fill that diaper combination!! ....as I have sad in other posts (somewhere) that you can only put out just so much over a certian amount of time...huge capacity is fine, but if you don't /can't use it.....what good is it?? I have worn NS megas and Better drys and yes, both are wonderful, but it takes me 12 to 18 hours to "fill" one to the level of needing to change. Up to that point, they tend to begin to smell of stale pee...and get uncomfortable etc...so  to me the benefit is neglegable at best. I don't wear those often because it takes so much time to use them to capicity, so I wear something else that works for me, and I can use in a reasonable time, fits and feels right and works (seni supers or quattros ) and I don't feel I am wasting anything, yet getting the most use and 'value' per brief that I can. That again though, is me.  If I wanted to change everytime I was wet, I'd wear more cloth diapers that can be washed and reused, regardless. 

It seems, like many other things, 'VALUE' is in the eyes (and wallets) of the beholder, so there is that. 

From experiance and perception, I understand both sides, but still have to go with my gut and intincts, and wallet, and buy and use what makes me happy, as do others. If doubling disposables works for you....more power to you...if bulkier diapers work with out doubling...so be it!!! You can afford only what you can afford, and make work for you...what makes you happy. ???

Onward and upward!!

qwack