LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Drying Reusable Rearz

6 hours ago, DragonDrop said:

I just used my Rearz cloth diaper last night. After washing it, I spent four hours trying to dry it. Now it's just hanging in my closet, air drying. That's probably not the best solution.

How where you trying to dry it?Either put it in a dryer or do as you are doing line drying.

My cloth diapers, which are thicker than rearz omatsu diapers, I put in the dryer for 2 hours on high, then air dry overnight.

You should check out the care instructions for my cloth diapers; these instructions should work for your diapers as well.

12 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I think he meant a golf club. To beat the water out.

I've lost shirts that way.

4 hours ago, Ferix said:

My cloth diapers, which are thicker than rearz omatsu diapers, I put in the dryer for 2 hours on high, then air dry overnight.

You should check out the care instructions for my cloth diapers; these instructions should work for your diapers as well.

Thank you. I probably won't hurt it by air drying it using those instructions.

I like to air dry my cloth diapers after running them through the dryer just to make sure all the moisture is gone before I reuse it. If you don't get all the moisture out, there's a chance it could mold and permanently damage your cloth diaper.

18 hours ago, DragonDrop said:

Neither of these responses make any sense.

I'm asking about how to dry a thick cloth diaper.

Look at what you typed initially. Maybe those people actually have a sense humour?

18 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I think he meant a golf club. To beat the water out.

Do you mean beat it dry. I bet it will be sore for a month from all THAT action

Getting thick diapers dry is a challenge.  The best way I've found in the summer is putting them on a rack in the sun.  In the winter, they sit on a rack inside over a heater vent. 

These days I don't usually use thick diapers, though... I've found 2-3 thinner diapers easier to get a comfortable and effective fit with, and much, much easier to wash and dry.

• Like 1

That is the bane of pre-folds

On 12/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, DragonDrop said:

I just used my Rearz cloth diaper last night. After washing it, I spent four hours trying to dry it. Now it's just hanging in my closet, air drying. That's probably not the best solution.

That is the thing with thick cloth diapers.  They take forever to completely dry, even with a clothes dryer (not driver).  Even hanging them out on a clothesline on a hot day takes a while for them to dry due to the thickness.  In a clothes dryer you may have to dry them 3 or more times for an hour each time for them to get totally dry.

Old friend of mine who was a member here until he passed away over 3 years ago always told me never use one thick cloth diaper because they take forever to get dry.  He always used thinner adult cloth diapers and layered them including using cloth baby diapers in the crotch areas where you need the most absorption.  Sure, it may have meant 2 thinner adult diapers and a couple baby diapers instead of just one thick diaper, but they dried quickly and completely after washing.

• Like 1

That is the "why" of large flates. You can use multiples and fold them to do the work of pre-folds and then, when it is time to wash and dry, they becomd a single or double layer of material and dry quickly. Pre-folds came out in 1951 as a result of diaper cleaning services. What works for professionals may not necessarily work for the home market. I have said for years that someone should make and market a 42x 80 flar Ithe adult equivalent of the 21x40) and a 54x54 (the adult equivalnet of the 27x27), in single and double layer

5 hours ago, Little Christine said:

That is the "why" of large flates. You can use multiples and fold them to do the work of pre-folds and then, when it is time to wash and dry, they becomd a single or double layer of material and dry quickly. Pre-folds came out in 1951 as a result of diaper cleaning services. What works for professionals may not necessarily work for the home market. I have said for years that someone should make and market a 42x 80 flar Ithe adult equivalent of the 21x40) and a 54x54 (the adult equivalnet of the 27x27), in single and double layer

Someone already does.  I make my own flats from flannel as wide as I can find (generally 36”) cut more or less at 80”.  Three of these folded and pinned in place yields 24 layers of thirsty flannel where most needed.  When so diapered my first wetting is barely discernable on the outer layer.  Not only absorbent, these single layer diapers are easy to wash and dry quickly.

• Like 1

I have had success washing a overnight Rearz and Gary prefolds in the morning, then hanging it in the shower over a rod after I finish washing and turning a fan (admittedly not a small fan) towards them before bedtime.  They are dry in the morning.  

I hang them over a rod and spread them out so they are flat on the rod and I find its helpful to pin the front side to the back side near the rod at each end, so they don't blow off the rod...they won't dry when they are on the shower floor even with a very large fan!

Just what works for me, YMMV.

WBxx---people can also buy flannel sheets from Goodwill, cut to size and use without hemming.  Occasional trimming of scraggly edges helps. 

You can choose to cut them rectangular for prefolds type or square for kite folding.   Cheap, easy and lots of flats when Goodwill has sheets.  

Phl655 and rusty pins, the quote function is useful.  It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on, since the spelling error was fixed when I read it.  

• 5 months later...

Honestly that is an issue with the heavyer cloth diapers. What I find works well, is to run them through the diaper, then, when the cycle finishes pull them out, still hot and posably steaming a little, and lay them out on a rack and let them air dry.  Two or three hours is normaly plenty of time for them to finnish drying, and they still have that nice ryer feel to them. I have found that a clothes line also does an good job of it, but not everyone has the space, or privacy to use a line outside to dry there diapers. Or to be fair, the enviroment.