LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Questions about ABDL conventions.

kasarberang

I'm interested in possibly participating in a convention at some point but I had a few general questions as someone who's never been to any kind of convention before.

1. What are they like?

2. Is it safe? I wouldn't want me or my wife to be in an awkward situation where we were unwantedly pursued by someone. Polygamy might be cool for others, but it's not our thing so we wouldn't want that type of thing.

3. Are people required to dress up or is it a wear whatever is comfortable type thing? How's that work?

I guess mainly those things I think it'd be fun and my wife isn't against going with me after this whole COVID-19 thing is over, but I had these questions as someone who's never been to a convention of any kind before.

• Like 2

My wife and I have attended several ab conventions. We had a fairly good time. Yes you can wear what ever you like in most cases, however nudity is not really welcome. This isn't a giant sex orgy by any means. I have heard of private room parties that turns into an anything goes type of situation but speaking for the convention as a whole, yes you and your wife will be perfectly fine not getting involved in polygamy. I feel it is safe to go to these things. The thing we learned is we really don't enjoy the real large type of conventions. they tend to be over crowded and you can't do the things you want with out really planning them out. Usually if you wait to go to certain events or training classes you need to plan well in advance, or you will find the area completely full. We have a group of about 50 people that get together about twice a year or so and we have a much better time at events like that. instead of 1500 people there is 50. this type of atmosphere allows for closer friendships to happen. The other thing about the larger events is they tend to get a bit pricey. By the time you pay for air fare.. the hotel.. the event.. food.. etc. you will have spent nearly 2000 bucks for a couple. That doesn't include buying new ab related items from the merchants either. Yes the larger events are a good place to find new items. networking and meeting new people is also a plus. We still enjoy the smaller venues because you can just bond with a smaller group and really get to know everyone. This is all just my opinion so take it for what ever its worth to you.

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 4

The one thing I would be most concerned of is whether someone will be taking pictures of people in their baby outfits and diapers and having them end up on the internet.  Even if some events have a "No Photographs" policy, everyone who has a cell phone has a camera in their hand!  There are also micro cameras in many shapes and forms that can take a photo without anyone realizing it.  For many people, that would not only be intrusive on their life but could be very detrimental if family, friends and coworkers should see them.

• Like 3

I have never been to one. It sounds appealing to relax and meet other folks in a safe environment. Unfortunately for me I don't think I'm quite ready for that step. I only recently got comfortable enough to begin posting here. Maybe one day.

I'd echo what @rusty pins said. Cameras are everywhere now. Best to make sure you're comfortable with that possibility.

I'd imagine these shows probably have an online code of conduct that addresses dress code and sexual harassment. You might want to review that first and make sure it matches your comfort level.

Finally, if you do go I hope you have fun!

5.All cell phones, cameras and personal recording devices are strictly prohibited in all areas of the TeddyCon hotel, except for individual hotel rooms and designated cell phone areas.  We recommend you leave them in your car or hotel room.  (Registered event vendors may use a cell phone in the vending area for credit card processing only.)

6.Photobooths will be available for photo taking opportunities.  No photos or video recordings are allowed to be taken at any time outside of the photobooth.  Devices used for photos or video recordings will be confiscated and reviewed by TeddyCon Management.  Any Media pertaining to TeddyCon will be deleted and the device will be returned.  Offenders will be required to leave the event with no refund.  No exceptions.  

http://teddycon.org/registration

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, rusty pins said:

The one thing I would be most concerned of is whether someone will be taking pictures of people in their baby outfits and diapers and having them end up on the internet.  Even if some events have a "No Photographs" policy, everyone who has a cell phone has a camera in their hand!  There are also micro cameras in many shapes and forms that can take a photo without anyone realizing it.  For many people, that would not only be intrusive on their life but could be very detrimental if family, friends and coworkers should see them.

Living in a country that is touted as one of the most surveiled in the world, this really hits home.

It's not just people with cameras, cell phones or hidden recording devices ~ it's the CCTV ~ and how long the owners keep that footage.

I know full well where these events happen in this country, and I known darn well, no matter how careful any event is over photography, there will be a recorded image somewhere of this.

Privacy is a double-edged sword, but one I try so dearly to cling to.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:33 AM, Glennie said:

My wife and I have attended several ab conventions. We had a fairly good time. Yes you can wear what ever you like in most cases, however nudity is not really welcome. This isn't a giant sex orgy by any means. I have heard of private room parties that turns into an anything goes type of situation but speaking for the convention as a whole, yes you and your wife will be perfectly fine not getting involved in polygamy.

Thanks for the information, yeah I was asking about dress code specifically because I wouldn't want to dress up in anything special my first go, I'd rather just wear standard clothing that I'd wear anywhere else and wondered if that was alright. I had assumed nudity was not allowed, though I understand how someone new might not assume that.

15 hours ago, abrera said:

Privacy is a double-edged sword, but one I try so dearly to cling to.

Same here, though I am fortunate enough to live in a state with some great privacy laws (CCPA and soon to be implemented CPRA are wonderful!) privacy is even in our state constitution, so that's nice. I care about my privacy to a very severe extent, my comfort is very important, so it doesn't matter to me if some people in my family think I go overboard or that I'm excessive (I don't think I do, everything is a habit I just have different habits.) I do what I do to feel comfortable and I recommend anyone else does the same thing. Do what makes you comfortable, this goes for everything.

5 hours ago, Safari Baby said:

I can't wait for teddycon 2021 and smaller meets sound awesome!

Yeah I wish I could go to Teddycon, it'd be perfect too, cause my wife has family near there. Unfortunately we need to check up on a few things for the logistics of traveling with my medical condition, maybe in 2022 though!

1 hour ago, kasarberang said:

Thanks for the information, yeah I was asking about dress code specifically because I wouldn't want to dress up in anything special my first go, I'd rather just wear standard clothing that I'd wear anywhere else and wondered if that was alright. I had assumed nudity was not allowed, though I understand how someone new might not assume that.

...I've been to half a dozen or so ABDL parties and alot of the time there are people dressed in their regular clothes. Some people may not be comfortable around others in diapers or "little gear", which, to me is perfectly OK. It may take them a while to try to get into the spirit of dress, but maybe they never will. Some may just enjoy the experience of being there with and seeing others in diapers & "littles" outfits. That's fine by me, but, to me, they are the ones missing out on all the fun.

....it's kinda like going to a Halloween party with no costume.

Everyone going isn't AB and I would hesitate to dress up in anything "not normal"
I could consider a footed pyjamas

I would rather say it would be like going to a Halloween party for kids, like an adult

On 12/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

One thing to remember is that while no photos may be permitted in the Con area,many hotels have extensive security camera coverage in the hallways and other public areas.

I'd personally worry far more about people and their cellphones/cameras. The Hotel is mostly just using that for security purposes and most likely wont be posting any of the footage on social media.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:21 AM, kasarberang said:

I'm interested in possibly participating in a convention at some point but I had a few general questions as someone who's never been to any kind of convention before.

1. What are they like?

2. Is it safe? I wouldn't want me or my wife to be in an awkward situation where we were unwantedly pursued by someone. Polygamy might be cool for others, but it's not our thing so we wouldn't want that type of thing.

3. Are people required to dress up or is it a wear whatever is comfortable type thing? How's that work?

I guess mainly those things I think it'd be fun and my wife isn't against going with me after this whole COVID-19 thing is over, but I had these questions as someone who's never been to a convention of any kind before.

I have been to Capcon, Teddycon, and several smaller public events as well. Plus I host an event with 2 other people called "The Crinkled Cabal". Feel free to ask me anything you like.

1. During the day at most of them its mostly conspace, playspace, and vendors. They have demos and classrooms with topics that range from nearly any topic you can think of. At night it becomes a frat party in these places. I people go for the night life! Anyone that attends Capcon knows the Cabal Hallway is the party! Everyone thats anyone comes to hang out with our group!

2. Its very safe. All these events including are you must be vetted, background check, and if you have black marks in the community you wont get accepted. Not saying there isnt drama, or craziness that can happen but in general they have volunteer staff and security. Very strict rules for all attends safety!

3. Dress code is normally anything but nudity. Although Furry Helmets are frown upon and messing diapers isnt tolerated in conspace.

Likely if Covid is raging on in the fall Teddycon will likely be canceled I would think. Capcon hasnt announced and by now its sold out. Only event I know thats happening so far is the Denver Crowd, and The Crinkled Cabal crowd for larger gatherings that are between 45 to 60 people.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

One thing to remember is that while no photos may be permitted in the Con area,many hotels have extensive security camera coverage in the hallways and other public areas.

I can say Hotels (Capcon) takes the security and safety of its guests. We watched a a security guard take a picture and we reported to the front desk. About an hour later a cop showed up with Security and took his phone, and wiped the image, and removed him from the space. Breaking rules regardless can and will get you removed, and banned from even working these events. Most of these hotels that allow this have all sorts of cons from BDSM to Furries

52 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

2. Its very safe. All these events including are you must be vetted, background check, and if you have black marks in the community you wont get accepted. Not saying there isnt drama, or craziness that can happen but in general they have volunteer staff and security. Very strict rules for all attends safety!

What kind of information do you need to provide? I don't mind a background check I'd come out clean, just want to know what information I'd need to provide as privacy is a concern for me.

I know @AwakenEvil has vast more experience than myself in conventions and such.  I'm looking at going to my first ones this year.  I know teddy con let you purchase ticket and hotel without vetting first.  They said they will contact individuals if they need more info.  If I get contacted I'll share what they asked for.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

What kind of information do you need to provide? I don't mind a background check I'd come out clean, just want to know what information I'd need to provide as privacy is a concern for me.

I know for Capcon they run a background check on you to make sure you are not a sexual predator, and like not on any lists really. You have to give you name, address and location etc

5 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

I know for Capcon they run a background check on you to make sure you are not a sexual predator, and like not on any lists really. You have to give you name, address and location etc

do they need anything more personal like SSN? that'd be mainly what I'd be worried about giving out, things like that. That'd be a deal breaker for me and my wife.

6 hours ago, kasarberang said:

do they need anything more personal like SSN? that'd be mainly what I'd be worried about giving out, things like that. That'd be a deal breaker for me and my wife.

No. They'll ask for your ID at the event, and when you sign up they will ask for your full name, address, and state/city and will do a background check, and will contact you if they have questions. They also ask for your social media(Kink accounts like Fetlife etc)

• Thanks 1

This is fascinating. I've often thought that I would like to interact with like-minded individuals, but I have a hard time getting past security and privacy concerns as well. Covid has largely negated any considerations about conventions or events, but in a post-pandemic world, I'd like to think that I might summon the courage to check out an event, or meet up for lunch or coffee, or beers. I think I would have to delve into Fetlife if I wanted to find some people geographically close to me, and I have to confess that I have not yet figured out how that site works - I find it almost unnavigable, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. I did learn some stuff about midget nooseplay, however. 

I attended a couple of gatherings at Rearz prior to the pandemic kicking off, one was a warehouse sale where they had guest speakers in attendance, and one was a Halloween party. I attended both alone, not having anyone other than my wife (and the fine folks here) with whom I've been remotely open about my predilection for wearing infantile underwear. I managed to socialize with people at both, and I have to say that the organizers did a good job with respect to making everyone feel safe and welcome. They put stickers over phone cameras at the entrance, and I saw nobody flagrantly disregarding the edict that photos were not permitted. 

As far as what people wore, at the warehouse sale, it was pretty much street clothing, over diapers in some cases (including mine), and there were a couple of people dressed subtly as littles, but nobody wearing anything you couldn't have worn into, say, a mall or a store. The Halloween party being a Halloween party, people were more dressed up. There were some short skirts or dresses, and tights over diapers, a couple of onesies, some pajamas, but nothing distasteful or extreme. On the whole, it was a lot less intimidating than I thought it was going to be, which has made me open to the idea of going again, once it's safe to do so. 

28 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

This is fascinating. I've often thought that I would like to interact with like-minded individuals, but I have a hard time getting past security and privacy concerns as well. Covid has largely negated any considerations about conventions or events, but in a post-pandemic world, I'd like to think that I might summon the courage to check out an event, or meet up for lunch or coffee, or beers. I think I would have to delve into Fetlife if I wanted to find some people geographically close to me, and I have to confess that I have not yet figured out how that site works - I find it almost unnavigable, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. I did learn some stuff about midget nooseplay, however. 

I attended a couple of gatherings at Rearz prior to the pandemic kicking off, one was a warehouse sale where they had guest speakers in attendance, and one was a Halloween party. I attended both alone, not having anyone other than my wife (and the fine folks here) with whom I've been remotely open about my predilection for wearing infantile underwear. I managed to socialize with people at both, and I have to say that the organizers did a good job with respect to making everyone feel safe and welcome. They put stickers over phone cameras at the entrance, and I saw nobody flagrantly disregarding the edict that photos were not permitted. 

As far as what people wore, at the warehouse sale, it was pretty much street clothing, over diapers in some cases (including mine), and there were a couple of people dressed subtly as littles, but nobody wearing anything you couldn't have worn into, say, a mall or a store. The Halloween party being a Halloween party, people were more dressed up. There were some short skirts or dresses, and tights over diapers, a couple of onesies, some pajamas, but nothing distasteful or extreme. On the whole, it was a lot less intimidating than I thought it was going to be, which has made me open to the idea of going again, once it's safe to do so. 

I throw a lot of house parties and its sad when I have people we are vetting ask me if they can show up in little clothes or only diapers, and I am like I live in a very nice subdivision. You first of all should be using common sense when coming to someones house that getting out of your car dressed like a toddler looks odd, and be respectful of not flashing your kinks on vanilla people.