LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

chemo

Having my second round of chemo next Mon, Tues, Wed, for stage 4 incurable small cell lung cancer, Hoping it goes into remission but who knows. It has metatisized to my brain and I will be going for Gamma Knife radiation to kill the brain tumor, thankfully its very small and Dr. is expecting a good outcome. Small cell lung cancer responds well to chemo....at first, then returns. usually chemo resistant. might come back in a month, or a year. No one knows.  so far the only side effect of the chemo is major fatigue, a real hit in the energy dept.

Dr. is aware of the incontinence so during the Gamma Knife procedure, will definitely be diapered.  Anyone else ever had to deal with chemo? I think each time I go the side effects are going to hit harder, only on my 2nd round and Dr. says I will be going through 6 cycles, each cycle consists of 3 consecutive days, then off for 21. Might be a sucky diapered christmas.

• Sad 1

My mom had cancer and beat it, my brother was taken by it and my nephew was taken by it. Just learned yesterday that my wife has it. This f...ing year sucks! I wish you the best diaperedandspanked. Will find out Monday my wife's prognosis. I know way too many people this disease has killed way before they're time. Stay strong.

9 hours ago, DailyDi said:

No experience to offer thankfully, but wanted to send you a virtual hug. Hang in there and keep fighting!

Thanks for the hug...this diagnosis is a tough pill to swallow, but I intend to fight this with every fiber of my being!!!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, diaperedandspanked said:

Having my second round of chemo next Mon, Tues, Wed, for stage 4 incurable small cell lung cancer, Hoping it goes into remission but who knows. It has metatisized to my brain and I will be going for Gamma Knife radiation to kill the brain tumor, thankfully its very small and Dr. is expecting a good outcome. Small cell lung cancer responds well to chemo....at first, then returns. usually chemo resistant. might come back in a month, or a year. No one knows.  so far the only side effect of the chemo is major fatigue, a real hit in the energy dept.

Dr. is aware of the incontinence so during the Gamma Knife procedure, will definitely be diapered.  Anyone else ever had to deal with chemo? I think each time I go the side effects are going to hit harder, only on my 2nd round and Dr. says I will be going through 6 cycles, each cycle consists of 3 consecutive days, then off for 21. Might be a sucky diapered christmas.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!? Stay strong!? We love you!♥️

• Like 1

My grandmother had small cell lung cancer. It's a really sucky diagnosis, and chemo sucks too. I'm very sorry to hear your diagnosis, and I'm wishing you the best. *sends virtual hugs if you want them* One of my grandmother's doctors took a holistic approach to her treatment plan (had her speak with a nutritionist, etc about what foods to eat/ activites/ rest periods etc to help her cope with the side effects of chemo). She was diagnosed when I was just out of highschool/ in college so I don't remember much of her treatment except she really had a loss of appetite and was exhausted between chemo and radiation. 

• 2 weeks later...

so an update, Had 2nd cycle of chemo, kicked my butt for a few days with nausea.  Dr. also had me scheduled for a brain MRI, apparently small cell lung cancer likes to vacation there.  They found 5 brain tumors in my head. I went for a procedure last week called Gamma Knife. Its basically pinpointed radiation to the tumors on the brain. They destroyed them all, I'm not quacking like a duck yet but the brain tumors can reappear again. This is going to be one hell of a fight and I want to thank everyone for the support and well wishes.

Hey! Qwacking like a duck isn't always a bad thing!?

Anyways, sorry you are having to do through this...but one thing I heard is a positive attitude and humor always helps.?

One of my younger cousins had cancer and he fought it off for several years, did cemo and surgery etc, put up with a lot,until it had its way with him, he was in his 40's....his mother, my aunt, also died from it, but she was over 90.

My dad had pancriatic cancer, surgery "cured" it for a long time until it came back as liver cancer, he made it to 80.....

One other technique I heard about is having gratitude for your healing. Each day, you just say thank you for your healing, and act as if there is nothing wrong, and you are cured, and moving forward. It is a psycological trick to keep you positive, and out of negative and depressing thoughts, since negativity contributes to illness, going the opposite way and being positive helps with what ever good things your body produces to combat the illness you are contendingvwith.

Good sailing....

Qwack! ?