LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

what adult diapers were available in the 80's-90's

scaifester

Caducee/Peaudouce Slipad were available in the UK in the early 80s and were the only real disposable nappy style product available of the shelf in pharmacies. The handy sample packs were great as they could be easily smuggled past parents in my school bag. 

page-de-publicite-couches-adultes-SLIPAD.jpg

peaudouce.jpg

On 9/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, willnotwill said:

I kept buying those rectangular style diapers for as long as they were available.    These were the Pampers of my youth (well, not my youth, I was in cloth diapers, but I remember my brother, six years younger having them).    Function wasn't as important as being the correct form factor.

I might have switched to the hourglass design a little sooner if Attends had been a bit closer to the design of the current baby diapers.

I knew those rectangular ones came out in the 60's

In early 1981 or 1982 was a brand called ultra shield. They might have been made by Whitestone. In 1991 I started buying Promise diapers those were excellent diapers before SCA Tena bought and phased them out. Lots pulp fluff. Expanded so much when wet. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As an 80’s kid/90’s teen, I seem to only remember Attends and Depends. I think there may have been store brands too. I think my first adult diaper was a Depends that came out of my great grandmother’s stuff after she passed away. I noticed the store brands when my sister needed them. (Unlike yours truly. ?). They started with the undergarments then the actual diaper. That was my first exposure to the yellow wetness indicators on diapers. Though I was a huge fan of Goodnites, I did buy Depends, though they usually didn’t last long. (My parents would find them and throw them out.). I also seem to remember being able to get the sample packs of Attends, though they were too big for me at the time. 

Attends, and the purple molicares. I remember people gushing about how thick they were. I never got to try them- I was stuck with whatever the local stores had. Thickest I could find at the time were Depends Maximum Protection with Tabs. Tabs that never stuck and a thin plastic backed diaper that leaked after a couple small wettings/ one big wetting. :15_EmoticonsHDcom: And yet compared to the pull on underwear, they were great. :49_EmoticonsHDcom:

Depend-with-Tabs.jpg?bw=1000&w=1000&bh=1

The worst that I remember in retail were the Depends and Attends pads with the button straps. Couldn't hold one bladders worth, but if they did, they would have slid right down your legs. 

• 2 months later...

I remember hearing how good the early 90s Attends were . So around 2001 I found two bags from 93 on Ebay and even back then they were starting to skyrocket in price as they are today. I also bought a two sample pack from 88 and I couldnt believe how huge they were. The plastic was  so thick and kind of well made, They just enveloped my whole bottom but felt so soft and bulky. I still have about ten left from that 93 double bag pack and they were so well made back then. Very few diapers today come close to those in quality.

I am sitting here with an old friend a diaper lover of four decades just as I am and two other diaper lovers with about two decades each and we were debating just that. I was wearing pampers from age thirteen (1978) and my friend fourteen (1977).. We both started out with pampers and by the time it hit the mid eighties Depend adult plastic backed were out and they barely held one small pee out of me. after one small pee that was it you had wet pants and a puddle. Size 6 pampers held more liquid. There were huggies, kimbies, pampers, luvs, dry nites, baby sitters, super dry kids, easy ups, my god the list goes on. I baby sat in my neighborhood for a five block radius and I took home so many different types and tried them all out, wearing to school and all and most would hold maybe a cup and a half of pee, and then leak. Me and my diaper loving friends here are more worried about pooping and how much abuse will a diaper like when you bounce around and squish the poop to bits. I've done the pothole test with rearz and megas and ABU and so many good brands and only two withstood our abuse, and I am talking a good sized poop, not little nuggets. Sorry guys Rearz and ABU are my choice to use and abuse. You can keep your depends and walgreens brand and barely enjoy them and pray you dont leak. Its time for all of us to go out and abuse our diapers after a good breakfast. I just hope the Romantic Depot has good ventilation, because we gonna stink the place up as we shop. Peace and love to all of you !

• Like 1

In answer to the OP, there weren't any.

I tried my first disposable in 1987, a store brand from the Rite aid store. Now they "looked" ok....kinda awesome really, but performance was lacking. They would hold one (1) flood and that was it. Held a big load really well though!!??

After that pack, I kinda switched to the Depends 'overnights' as they were more available at Wallymart etc.  They had 2 less briefs than the 'regular' or daytime briefs....18  vs 20. They were 'THAT much thicker!!!! Really.!! * twirls finger*  but at the time, it was what was available. They worked......ok...for me. They would hold a flood ok, but they worked great for those big loads!! 

They were white, and looked ok, especially if you didn't use the bottom of the 3 (?) Tapes they came with.... No idea why they did that...but anyways. 

I tried Attends and hated then....they didn't fit right and leaked like a sieve I didn't understand all the hype about them.....meh! 

The world didn't really improve until Bambino started, and  a place called " secure personal care" whos products I really liked!! ?? to me, these were "real" diapers..and we were off!! 

but all this nostalga about diapers from the 80's and 90's...not worth it....stuff we had back then was junk, and not really worth remembering...

• Like 1