LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Double diaper for longer usage

I usually get all my diapers from thrift stores or Goodwill when they have them.  Since I wear only once or twice a week for about 3 hours when I get up in the morning, premium diapers weren't worth it.  The Goodwill diapers are usually low end store type diapers that last about 3 to 4 hours and are soaked by the time I remove them.  That caused a problem when I went out of town shopping or running errands for the day.  Christmas shopping would keep me away 7 or 8 hours necessitating a diaper change.  In winter I would be able to stick a fresh diaper under my armpit and partway in the sleeve of my winter coat, go to CVS or some other store that had a family or one at a time restroom and change diapers.  In summer with shorts and a t-shirt, I couldn't stick a new diaper under my armpit, so I would double diaper.  I would not cut slits in the first diaper but wear it as I normally would.  Then I would just tape a second diaper over the first, usually cloth backed disposable diapers.  Sometimes I would top them off with plastic pants to be safe.  I might look a little bulky with shorts on, but out of town I won't run into people I know while shopping and who cares if strangers I'll never see again might wonder why I look a little bulky.  When it was time for a change, I would go to the one at a time restroom with the outer door lock, drop my shorts and lower the outer diaper.  Then it was just a matter of untaping the soaked inner diaper, removing it and then pulling the outer diaper back up again.  Quick and easy diaper change and no need to figure out how I was going to get a fresh diaper in through the store to the restroom without anyone seeing it.  Now days when I'm going out of town for the whole day, I will wear a Betterdry or Confidry 24/7 diaper and that will easily last me the whole day without needing a change.

Hiyas All

I have learned that "double diapering" does NOT do anything for you, in my opinion, because you would have to rip the bottom diaper apart, and then with a slit in it, you then add the second diaper.  This can be done with the cheaper diapers, but they really don't help you, because all you do is drench the heck out of the diaper, and then it just goes through the first diaper, into the second, and then, all you end up with is a PAIR of WET/MESSY diapers, and its a mess!  If you Double Diaper, then all you do is waste a diaper every time you change, as you would have to throw them BOTH away when you change.

Because of my incontinence, I use the Northshore Megamax diapers.  These ARE INCONTINENCE BRIEFS and they are built to be able to be used SEVERAL times before you have to change them.  Due to the fact that they are incontinence diapers, I don't have to double diaper myself, but just for fun, I did that one day, and I don't think that there was any benefit, unless you count that it may make you feel babyish, and allow you to waddle a little.

Brian

Doubleing up usually works best with cloth ( flats and prefolds) diapers with plastic pants. As Brian said, it is more work and hassle.....and waste, to try and double up with disposables. This is why they make boosters and diaper liners instead. Same effect, and more efficient since boosters are made for the purpose, and help the diaper last longer, and a liner will catch "solids" and help contain messes. All the same effects that "doubling up" does , but less work and less waste...

Just my 2¢ worth

Qwack

• Like 2
On 7/20/2020 at 7:12 PM, square_duck said:

Doubleing up usually works best with cloth ( flats and prefolds) diapers with plastic pants. As Brian sai, it is more work and hassle.....and waste, to try and double up with disposables.

Just my 2¢ worth

Qwack

Throw-aways work in a different way thant cloth. there is relatively little aborbant material and stuff that turns the wet into jelly. DPF used to sell something like that to use with cloth diapers to extend the time betwrrn needing a change. However that would interfere with the way cloth diapers work since jelly would not be wick-able and therefore, could not be moved by the wicking process. That is why if you are properly cloth diapered, you naturally waddle or toddle

That is one of the advantages of the diapers that I have. This is what they are.They were originally made for a little girl, not a baby

And this is how they go on. They regularly go 14 hours. and even then, most of my chastity area is dry

My diapers work differently. the waterproof liner, which is used to make a person have to stand up to wet or else it will get all over her, lets thw wet into the cloth only between the legs. The cloth then wicks the wet from the inside to the outside helped along by body heat. When it gets to the outside, it comes up against the rubber panty. All it can do is spread along the outside. Then as more wet enters, the diaper gets wet from the outside in

That started to be put on me after the night I was too lazy to get out of bed and stand up to wet. Linda's mother wanted me to do that so I would not become a bedwetter like Linda (when I was 8-1/2). The house was built strangly. The toiliet was outside before the place was modernezied in the 19\40's. There were no stairways so to get to the bedrooms, youhad to climb a ladder through a trapdoor in the ceiling and to get to the basement, you had to come back down, go out the door around to the cellar door, go in and turn the light on and find the toilet. Well this was out of the quiestion at night so anyone  under 10 who could not hold it for the night (me and Linda, who wet the bed anyway) had to wear diapers and rubber panties if they were sleeping over

21 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

Hiyas All

I have learned that "double diapering" does NOT do anything for you, in my opinion, because you would have to rip the bottom diaper apart, and then with a slit in it, you then add the second diaper.  This can be done with the cheaper diapers, but they really don't help you, because all you do is drench the heck out of the diaper, and then it just goes through the first diaper, into the second, and then, all you end up with is a PAIR of WET/MESSY diapers, and its a mess!  If you Double Diaper, then all you do is waste a diaper every time you change, as you would have to throw them BOTH away when you change.

I have to somewhat disagree.  Somewhat because I'm not incontinent and used to do it only for convenience when out of town.  First, when I do it I never have to "rip the bottom diaper apart".  Since the store type diapers I wear are not thick premium ones, I can pull the outer diaper down and up just like underpants, no need to rip it apart.  I don't put slits in the inner diaper so the outer diaper remains dry while the inner diaper gets wet or soaked.  It would be the same as just wearing one diaper and when it gets wet, having to remove that diaper and tape on a new one.  I'm just hurrying up the process by already having the new diaper taped in place and ready to go.  I do drench the heck out of the diaper, but it does not go through the first diaper into the second diaper because I have not cut slits in the first diaper, therefor not ending up "with a PAIR of WET/MESSY diapers".   I don't "waste a diaper every time I change, as you would have to throw them BOTH away when you change".  I throw away just the inner diaper and pull up the outer diaper which is clean and dry and go about my business until it's time to change diapers again in another 3 hours.  Otherwise if I cut slits in the inner diaper so it would run into the outer diaper to extend the usage, I may as well just wear a 7 hour diaper like Betterdry in the first place.  All double diapering with lower end store diapers does for me is keep me from having to carry a clean fresh diaper into the restroom when I have to change.  I'm already wearing the clean fresh diaper.  It's kind of like someone who puts a baby diaper inside their adult diaper as a soaker, then they remove the soaker diaper when it's wet and their adult diaper is still dry and can be used.

I have never been doubled diapered, but it seems like it would be pretty bulky. Since I wear diapers 24/7, and while at work I use the huggies overnites size 5 as a booster. My wife cuts slits in the baby diaper, and at lunch time I can take out the baby diaper, and my adult diaper is still dry, and last until I get home from work and changed. 

It would be very bulky if you wore 2 Betterdry, Confidry 24/7 or Mega Max diapers or any premium diaper.  Doubling with 2 store type lower end diapers is not anymore bulky than wearing one premium diaper.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, ~Brian~ said:

Hiyas All

Because of my incontinence, I use the Northshore Megamax diapers.  These ARE INCONTINENCE BRIEFS and they are built to be able to be used SEVERAL times before you have to change them.  Due to the fact that they are incontinence diapers, I don't have to double diaper myself, but just for fun, I did that one day, and I don't think that there was any benefit, unless you count that it may make you feel babyish, and allow you to waddle a little.

Brian

I totally disagree, doubling diapers, even brand name incontinence diaper such as mega max will double the time you get to stay in your wet diaper before needing to change.

Also cutting slits into the backing of the first diaper is to allow both diapers to adsorb, and you only need to change the outer diaper if you desire to stay in a wet diaper and still want to continue wetting or messing the inner diaper.

Doubling diapers is great for making a thick bulky diaper, triple diapers and your going to waddle a lot.

Doubling diapers work great if your a heavy bed wetter and are trying to keep the bed dry.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 1:14 AM, iluvmydiapers said:

Doubling diapers work great if your a heavy bed wetter and are trying to keep the bed dry.

Oh I never thought of doing the doublnig of diapers for bed.  As I sleep on the couch. If I were to leak that would really suck.  Though I do not see my self doubling up any time soon.  As the bulky diapers would be seen for sure.  And my stepdad does not know about the diapers as of yet.  And I am trying to keep it from him for sure.

9 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Oh I never thought of doing the doublnig of diapers for bed.  As I sleep on the couch. If I were to leak that would really suck.  Though I do not see my self doubling up any time soon.  As the bulky diapers would be seen for sure.  And my stepdad does not know about the diapers as of yet.  And I am trying to keep it from him for sure.

Growing up a bed-wetter I was double even triple diapered at bedtime.  That’s an advantage of cloth, you simply layer diapers till leaking is no longer an issue.

• 4 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 12:59 AM, ~Brian~ said:

Hiyas All

Brian

I have started doing it. I rarely use them. Usually when I plan to use them I put on a new pair and pet my worn but unused ones over on top of it.

I find Double absolutely amazing.  But i use the first diaper first. 

Then doubling on top of that puts pressure on my bladder and it is the most babyish thing for me since I uncontrollably wet.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 1:12 AM, square_duck said:

Doubleing up usually works best with cloth ( flats and prefolds) diapers with plastic pants. As Brian said, it is more work and hassle.....and waste, to try and double up with disposables. This is why they make boosters and diaper liners instead. Same effect, and more efficient since boosters are made for the purpose, and help the diaper last longer, and a liner will catch "solids" and help contain messes. All the same effects that "doubling up" does , but less work and less waste...

Just my 2¢ worth

Qwack

I tried that but boosters and liners just crumple up. Diapers have waist- and leg bands to hold them in place. I often wear diapers for a long time without using them. But eventually the diaper get's worn. So I usually then double up the one I wore during the week and have some wet fun during the weekend.

Stuffers really feel good to wear though. They don't clump up like the diapers do or at least not as much. I wish though there were stuffers with strong adhesives. That stay in firmly once you put them in as I often have to do 'maintenance" to straighten the stuffer back out when it starts crumpling up.
Question: Do stuffers help or hinder the spread? I still suffer a lot with leaks and I have 5600ml diapers.