LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Alternatives to ConfiDry 24/7

I have posted data similar to the that below in another forum, but thought it might prompt some discussion here.

What are the best alternatives to the ConfiDry Dry 24/7 diaper?  I have worn many cases of Dry 24/7 over the years and sadly must agree others that its quality has suffered badly.

I will note that I am double incontinent and wear diapers 24/7.  The diapers listed below all come with a plain (not printed) plastic shell and thus are acceptable for the mainstream market.

Currently I find that BetterDry is a better product than Dry 24/7, and for the same price.  BetterDry has a higher ISO, plus incredibly tall internal standing leak guards (very important for those of us with bowel incontinence).  Many have suggested the NorthShore Care MegaMax as an alternative to the Dry 24/7.

Another contender is the NorthShore Care Supreme, which is priced the same as the no-longer-carried Dry 24/7.  I have not included it in the comparisons below as NorthShore does not publish the ISO absorbency of the diaper.

Before we look at diaper specifications, I should note that the most important characteristic of any diaper is fit, fit, and fit.  Even the best premium diaper, if it does not fit your personal shape well, will not perform effectively for you.  If you now have a diaper that performs effectively for you and you are satisfied with it, there is no reason to change.

Hopefully, the data below will prompt some discussion:

ConfiDry 24/7 - ISO 4,100 ml in size L

BetterDry        - ISO 5,138 ml in size L

MegaMax        - ISO 6,500 ml in size L

ConfiDry 24/7 price - $1.80 ea, by the case, from XP Medical

BetterDry price        - $1.67 ea, by the case, in size L, from Northshore Care

MegaMax price       - $2.17 ea, by the case, in size L, from NorthShore Care

[prices do not include shipping]

I will note that, if you look for it, BetterDry can be found for as little as $1.47 ea, by the case, but it is an oversized case of 90 diapers that may require more storage space than many people want to spare

The working assumption here is that the maximum usable capacity usually increases as the ISO increases.

I would offer the opinion that a more expensive premium diaper makes economic sense if, over a 24 hour period, you are able to get by with fewer diapers.  Also, a premium diaper may be the better value if it costs less than (or, perhaps, equal to) a lesser diaper plus the cost of a booster pad.

—John

(double incontinent)

I have found Abena L4 at Amazon for as little as 1.22 each when bought on subscription with a minimum of five separate orders on the subscription (I break up the two cases into single bags, ordered in five orders, first four are singles and the fifth is 2x bags).  I get two cases every 5 weeks (I use ~two per day so 12x6=72  and 72/2=36 so 36 days worth every 35 days).  The L4 has an ISO capacity rating of 4000 mL.

I noticed on my Amazon notice of impending order yesterday that the price has gone up a bit on single bags though, so I may be paying about 1.48/ea on the next order unless they keep my subscription price the same.

That being said though, there have been quality issues with them as well, primarily in the tapes.  I got a bag last month with the left tapes, especially the leg, barely attached to the back panel due to the plastic having an odd fold along the side that changed the amount of plastic actually getting the tape.  This month I'm encountering one bag where some of the right tapes are attached elsewhere on the diaper instead of the back panel, or they are open and stuck in place, or the blue primary tape is attached to the backing instead of just the white second chance tape.  I've been able to work around most of these shortcomings this month.  I've cut the tape from the erroneous location and peeled back some blue tape to stick the white where it was needed.  I've used only the white tape when they were left open and stuck to the wrong place.  In the event that the blue tape is attached to the backing, when pulling the second-chance tape I stretch the blue tape until it breaks.

• Sad 1

The Abena M4 or L4 for large is always a great diaper. The Rearz seem to run too small for me. My personal favorite is the MegaMax. I have been wearing those since they came out. I am currently wearing the blue for a change. I have worn these for over 12 hours without a leak. I don’t mess in them, though. The fit is great with good coverage front and rear. They run “roomy” which I find wonderful. I do want to try the Beyond XP5000. They intrigue me. 

For me, if the medium better dry fit better I would use them daily. They're the best economical options, even with their faults. If you use barrier creams the leak guards might come unglued which may be a big issue for you. 

I use the NorthShore MegaMax right now because the fit is better but they are definitely pricer. 

I’ve always liked ConfiDry but have changed to Megamax. Megamax diapers are nice but about 7-8 hours the absorbent core seems to break up into clumps but so far no leaks. The confidry never did this. I’ve not complained to NorthShore about it but breaking up into clumps is a sign of a cheap product. NorthShore is a stand up company & I hope they do something about it.

46 minutes ago, incondl said:

I’ve always liked ConfiDry but have changed to Megamax. Megamax diapers are nice but about 7-8 hours the absorbent core seems to break up into clumps but so far no leaks. The confidry never did this. I’ve not complained to NorthShore about it but breaking up into clumps is a sign of a cheap product. NorthShore is a stand up company & I hope they do something about it.

Are you fastening the tapes securely?  Often I've found that diapers will clump up if the tapes are fastened too loose.

2 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Are you fastening the tapes securely?  Often I've found that diapers will clump up if the tapes are fastened too loose.

No it’s not that. 

I wear Northshore MegaMax white diapers as an alternative to Confidry 24/7.  I also want to try Rearz inspire and in control all white diapers since Rearz are some of my favorites AB diapers.  

On 7/11/2020 at 5:54 AM, incondl said:

If you've not complained, how will they know?

45 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

If you've not complained, how will they know?

Because I don’t see anyone else saying anything. They are a good company & if I’m the only one with problems maybe it’s only me? I don’t want to stir any pot

Use abena m4 or crinkles 24/7

abena m4 for $54.00 case of 45 on Walmart.com

crinkles for 110.00 case of 45 on northshorecare.com

Dry 24/7 has less absorbency than both

@John Davis I appreciate your dive into the economics of diapers ? A small pleasure of mine, I always love creating a diaper price spreadsheet ?

I've been a ConfiDry/abena M4 user at night (and during the day when I can) for about 2.5 years now, and I've definitely noticed a quality "slide" within the last couple of cases with both, but the shape has always worked for me.

I've tried BetterDry before, and I must have a different body shape, because I did not have as good of an experience with those as others seem to have. I just ordered both Mega Max and XP5000, and am excited to see what everyone is talking about with absorbancey and fit. At some point I want to also try Northeshore Supremes as a few folks have mentioned them as a good alternative to some of the above

Unseendl, yes, body shape definitely affects our choice of diapers.  I am fortunate that BetterDry fits me well.

Although I did not list it, the NorthShore Supreme is a good diaper.  NorthShore claims 40 oz. of useable capacity (capacity under pressure).  However, they do not list the ISO test results, which makes it more difficult to compare diapers.  IMHO, the Supreme has less absorbent capacity than the Dry 24/7, but is close to it.  That is purely subjective, based on my wearing a lot of diapers.  The important thing is that the Supreme has enough capacity for most people, most of the time. Certainly as a day diaper.

The contest now is between the NorthShore Supreme and the BetterDry.  Both are offered at essentially the same price, but the BetterDry has higher internal standing leak guards and higher absorbency.  The ISO rating for the BetterDry is 5,128 ml - 173.4 fl oz.  What will NorthShore do?  NorthShore may find itself in a situation where the BetterDry is competing against its own house brand diaper, the Supreme.  No vendor wants that to happen, but so long as both are profitable NorthShore may continue to carry the BetterDry.  It helps that BetterDry also is carried by XP Medical, at the same price.

--John

(double incontinent)

Unseendl, yes, body shape definitely affects our choice of diapers.  I am fortunate that BetterDry fits me well.
Although I did not list it, the NorthShore Supreme is a good diaper.  NorthShore claims 40 oz. of useable capacity (capacity under pressure).  However, they do not list the ISO test results, which makes it more difficult to compare diapers.  IMHO, the Supreme has less absorbent capacity than the Dry 24/7, but is close to it.  That is purely subjective, based on my wearing a lot of diapers.  The important thing is that the Supreme has enough capacity for most people, most of the time. Certainly as a day diaper.
The contest now is between the NorthShore Supreme and the BetterDry.  Both are offered at essentially the same price, but the BetterDry has higher internal standing leak guards and higher absorbency.  The ISO rating for the BetterDry is 5,128 ml - 173.4 fl oz.  What will NorthShore do?  NorthShore may find itself in a situation where the BetterDry is competing against its own house brand diaper, the Supreme.  No vendor wants that to happen, but so long as both are profitable NorthShore may continue to carry the BetterDry.  It helps that BetterDry also is carried by XP Medical, at the same price.
--John
(double incontinent)

We (wife and I) just got our Northshore shipment yesterday, and I see now what folks talk about with the Mega Max line. I wore the MM, she wore the supremes, and while it’s been all of one night, I love the MMs but the jury is still out on the supremes. She actually is a bed wetter, but has wide hips so we’re trying to find something with high capacity the actually fits her that we can buy a case of. I have another pack of Betterdry coming for her to try, so we’ll see how that goes

What will Northshore do? Based on our recent shipment and posts I’ve seen on other forums, I think they’re on a customer-acquisition campaign since they’ve been sending out free samples of Mega Maxes and/or Supremes with all of their orders (ours and at least two other posts that I’ve come across). I’m going to try the supremes myself, but if they fit better than the betterdrys for me, then I’d probably change over to Supremes. Like we’ve talked about already, body fit matters, but no matter what it’s easier to order both from the same company than to order from two separate places just to save a buck or two, so Northshore may have won me if the supremes can beat the M4s for a good daytime/nighttime diaper

Side note: this is really entertaining to talk about diapers as if they were hot commodities [emoji16]

I just received the Rears inspire and control all white diapers I ordered through Amazon and they are amazing, so thick, absorbent and crinkly.  These are my new favorite all white diaper and will replace the Confidry 24/7 as my go to white diaper of choice.  I knew I was in for a treat with the size of the packaging and these diapers are the bomb.  I could feel the bulk of them between my legs swell with each subsequent wetting.  I am a very happy diaper boy.