LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to avoid diaper rashes???

Since last week I developed a severe rash. Itching burning, etc...Which led to some ER visits they said I had a type of yeast infection. I’m a guy so it’s obviously not an actual yeast infection. Pretty sure it was the result of a diaper rash. I haven’t been able to wear diapers for a couple days and I’m pretty sad about it. Once this clears what’s a good way to avoid any future rashes from developing? 

I'll tell you something. Finding the right diaper is so important - and it can be hit and miss. That's the reason why I was only able o indulge very occasionally. If you can find Alpha Clin Premium, give them a shot. I've had them for almost a week now and I only really need to wipe down. 

• Like 1

Yeast infections, also known as fungal infections, are not exclusive to women. Athletes foot and jock itch are also fungal infections, so you may very well have them. I used to get them every now and then, and I treated it with a combination of diaper rash cream and antifungal cream. Addtionally, you should avoid moisture at all costs when it comes to the affected area. Don't stay in wet diapers too long. Dry off after every bath or shower fully before getting dressed. Wear loose undergarments (avoid too-tight diapers). If it gets worse, see if your doctor can give you a prescription-strength cream for the area. Good luck and hope it gets better soon :)

• Like 1

Why do you think only women can get yeast infections?  Fungi cares not about your gender!

I've had an absolutely horrible one, it was one of the most painful and disgusting things I've ever experienced, and many minors, but most have had little to do with diapers. A regular rash is just red irritated skin, this red irritated skin is prone to being colonized by Yeast.  The yeast infection will be moist, slimy, smelly, and way more painful.  

#1 CLEAN!  clean your diaper area frequently, take regular showers and get it really clean.

#2  DRY!  I know that sounds hard if you're wearing diapers, but baby powder will help keep you dryer longer, and if you're prone to getting them change out of wet diapers faster.

#3 PREVENT!  If I know I won't be changing for awhile I use diaper rash cream.  If you have irritated skin 

#4 TREAT!  In my experience the best treatment is the spray on powder for athletes foot.  It burns like crazy at first, but then it will feel better and soon be gone.  It has medicine and also keeps you dry.  Once I get a yeast rash diaper rash cream didn't help me, and seemed to almost prolong it.  

• Like 1

All of the advice above is good. I would reemphasize what @dlsafrica said about the right diaper in particular; I have noticed a distinct difference in my skin's reaction to various diapers. I change not just my diaper, but also my diaper brand, at least a couple of times a day, because for me, staying in the same diaper make across multiple changes seems to exacerbate the problem - the contact and pressure points are all the same, so the wear and tear is confined to the same precise spots. This was really brought home for me when I went on an extended trip packing only one type of diaper - by the end of the trip, I had raging diaper rash in a coupe of locations, and once I got home and was able to put on a couple of different brands throughout the day, it started clearing up.

Diaper cream is your friend and you should use it diligently. Dampness definitely promotes fungal growth, but even more than that, being in a diaper for a long time damages your skin's ability to defend itself, because urine, through bacterial activity over time, converts to ammonia, and ammonia is very irritating, taking your skin out of its normal PH range and also stripping away protective oils. A high-quality diaper will offer some protection from this, usually under the guise of "odor control" -  they will contain some form of chemical neutralization that presses pause on the ammonia conversion process. You can test how good a diaper is by wearing it for a stretch, and then seeing if you can detect any ammonia smell - a good diaper might smell slightly of pee, but not of ammonia. A cheap diaper will start to smell within a couple of hours. 

As to treating the rash itself, the best approach seems to be cortisone cream coupled with an anti-fungal such as jock itch/athlete's foot cream. The cortisone dials back the inflammation, and the anti-fungal attacks the source of the problem. You should change your diaper more frequently during treatment. The good new is that if you are able to spend time in only your diaper, with nothing on over it, the improved airflow and reduced confinement will probably help, so here's an excuse to ask for a change more frequently, and let that diaper see the light of day. 

Look for a treatment containing Lotramin. I have used it successfully a number of times over the last 3 decades. Ask a pharmacist. This will cure ti entirely but not keep it from returning

11 hours ago, Newbee said:

I use sudocrem or curash nappy rash creams everyday and I don’t get a diaper rash.

This is what has pretty much worked for me.  As I wear 24/7 and don't practice any urinary continence, I'm almost always wet to some extent.  It's just a question of HOW wet.

I stay shaved down there, give my nappy zone a good wash twice a day and routinely apply sudocrem at every change.  Things are fairly stable.  The odd bit of rash has usually been my own fault for doing something dumb.

22 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Look for a treatment containing Lotramin. I have used it successfully a number of times over the last 3 decades. Ask a pharmacist. This will cure ti entirely but not keep it from returning

I used to have a steroid/antifungal cream called Lotrisone.  You would think it's Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole (Lotrimin) but my GP told me it's a different anti-fungal.

I usually compound my own steroidal anti-fungal on the fly.  I use either OTC Clotrimazole cream with OTC max strength cortisone cream or with Rx Triamcinolone cream.  It knocks out anything I've gotten very quickly.  Just have to be careful and understand what each component does.  Lotrimin kills fungus, obviously but steroidal creams do several things which need to be considered before use.  Steroid creams slow down or suppress the healing process (bad if you have a bacterial infection).  They also cause thinning of skin with chronic use which can be a problem especially in the thinner folded skin around the leg folds.  What it does well though is that it reduces inflammation and itching which is part of what causes skin damage to begin with.  Itching leads to scratching and skin damage.

Those side effects are pretty scary to me. Is that an anabolic or catabolic steroid? The wrnog answer could get you banned from sports. Isn't there a good NSAID cream. Given the hazards, I think prudence would dictate using Lotramin. What is the sense of freestyling when their is a pre-made treatment with no listed dangerous side effects under ordinary conditions?

The Cortisone or Triamcinolone are used to reduce the itch.  Also, what I didn't mention in my earlier post, Lotramin does nothing to knock out a bacterial infection. For that, Neosporin would be recommended.  Also, the steroid creams work well to reduce the effects of psoriasis because it's an auto-immune disorder where one's body is attacking its own skin, and the steroid suppresses the immune response so one gets better as a result of use.

This is beginning to read like a science fiction novel. Are we talking about well-understood yeast infection or an interstellar invasion? As with the female preparations, these preparations are made under the instructions of those who know the territory by professionals. One name for this condition is "jock itch" so would not the makers of the products take that into consideration?  These are combinations of ingredients, of which Lotramin is the main one used to attack the root cause. Do you REALLY want to go mucking about with the immune or endocrine system without medical supervision or advice? Not me! If anything, this is getting even more scary. I do not use Neosporin unless I must and after consultation. As I understand it, that is an antibiotic and we are running out of those as bacteria are developing resistance to it. In saner times OTC sale of antibiotics was forbidden by law to keep them useful for as long as possible

Tena has never given me a rash, not even when soaked every day

ABDL diapers have given me rash multiple times, but always nothing serious and it goes away by wearing Tena again
Tena is also cheaper so its my everyday diaper

Even though I use inserts in both, ABDL diapers always feel more wet 

10 hours ago, Little Christine said:

This is beginning to read like a science fiction novel. Are we talking about well-understood yeast infection or an interstellar invasion? As with the female preparations, these preparations are made under the instructions of those who know the territory by professionals. One name for this condition is "jock itch" so would not the makers of the products take that into consideration?  These are combinations of ingredients, of which Lotramin is the main one used to attack the root cause. Do you REALLY want to go mucking about with the immune or endocrine system without medical supervision or advice? Not me! If anything, this is getting even more scary. I do not use Neosporin unless I must and after consultation. As I understand it, that is an antibiotic and we are running out of those as bacteria are developing resistance to it. In saner times OTC sale of antibiotics was forbidden by law to keep them useful for as long as possible

@Little Christine, Sometimes your back and forth puzzles me...  here's a direct quote from you're earlier message:

"As to treating the rash itself, the best approach seems to be cortisone cream coupled with an anti-fungal such as jock itch/athlete's foot cream. The cortisone dials back the inflammation, and the anti-fungal attacks the source of the problem. You should change your diaper more frequently during treatment."

You have no idea of how long it took to make cortisone safe for use. Even doctors were loathe to use it in the 1970'a and it had been around for a while. I think the first OTC cortisone came around in about 1976.

As for the rash, there are tons of things for that; Desitin, Sudocreeam, etc, but the specific topic here was yeast infection and the biggest advance for that has been the Lotramin based products and even those require a couple of weeks application; at least the one's I have dealt with. Generally speaking you know you have more than just a rash if the itching and burning persists if you do not wear and wet for a period of time longer than it would take the rash to clear up

When I wanted to wear diapers again and wet them. I was worried about rashes because I hear of people getting severe rashes after sitting in a wet or messy diaper for too long. I took a risk for the first time when I wet my goodnites diaper to the point it was getting full. I decided to sit it in and see how long I could last in it. My pants were wet but surprisingly sitting in a wet diaper for hours isn't as bad as I thought. I didn't get a rash but my crotch area did get itchy at times. No signs of severe redness.

3 hours ago, lancerevolover said:

When I wanted to wear diapers again and wet them. I was worried about rashes because I hear of people getting severe rashes after sitting in a wet or messy diaper for too long. I took a risk for the first time when I wet my goodnites diaper to the point it was getting full. I decided to sit it in and see how long I could last in it. My pants were wet but surprisingly sitting in a wet diaper for hours isn't as bad as I thought. I didn't get a rash but my crotch area did get itchy at times. No signs of severe redness.

You don't need to get any severe redness to get a rash.Even just a slight redness with the itch can be diaper rash.