LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)

I was expecting her to head out the door, but that should help her avoid her mother's wrath.  However, it just punts the problem.   

• MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 42 - 10/06/22)
3 hours ago, spark said:

I was expecting her to head out the door, but that should help her avoid her mother's wrath.  However, it just punts the problem.   

Yes, I tried to keep Sarah's goal this chapter a bit ambiguous at the start. But yes, it's only for a bit, but Sarah does deserve a break from the crazy babying.

2 hours ago, Babytom948 said:

It is 10/06 today,lol

Oops, got that fixed. Thanks!

I am worried about Sarah's idea: she is obviously very conceited that she can handle her own affairs, but the result is that she gets deeper and deeper. It is obviously impossible for her to insist on her pocket money for a long time, because Pull ups only allows her to escape from the problem that she cannot control her bladder, rather than solve it. This means that no matter how she escapes, she must finally bow to her mother, because she has no unlimited money to hide her Pull ups, which is the result of no matter how she escapes. Sarah's obstinacy makes her distrust anyone around her. She needs a person who can help her solve problems and make her trust unconditionally. At least for now, this person does not exist.

Sarah's distrust even includes her best friends Samantha and Desi. This delusion of extreme insecurity will eventually crush her. Sarah has been avoiding problems since the beginning of the story. She has never considered her medical problems, which is unusual for a normal person. I think if Sarah wants to solve her problems and get rid of her humiliation, she must first learn to face problems and trust her mother, friends or other people, even her enemy Claire, instead of closing her heart.

I have some ideas: maybe we can arrange more drama conflicts for Sarah and Claire. Claire is a bully, but it is impossible that she has no weaknesses. For example, she also wears the same "absorbent underwear" as Sarah under her clothes. She bullies Sarah just to keep her secret from being exposed. Use this method to weaken the bully's authority and hostility, and finally let Claire help Sarah when she buys diapers. Or let Lisa's mother secretly take her to the hospital for examination and then have a showdown with her own mother. There are many ways, but it is obvious that Sarah must give up her stubbornness and pride.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, GQLF said:

I am worried about Sarah's idea: she is obviously very conceited that she can handle her own affairs, but the result is that she gets deeper and deeper. It is obviously impossible for her to insist on her pocket money for a long time, because Pull ups only allows her to escape from the problem that she cannot control her bladder, rather than solve it. This means that no matter how she escapes, she must finally bow to her mother, because she has no unlimited money to hide her Pull ups, which is the result of no matter how she escapes. Sarah's obstinacy makes her distrust anyone around her. She needs a person who can help her solve problems and make her trust unconditionally. At least for now, this person does not exist.

Sarah's distrust even includes her best friends Samantha and Desi. This delusion of extreme insecurity will eventually crush her. Sarah has been avoiding problems since the beginning of the story. She has never considered her medical problems, which is unusual for a normal person. I think if Sarah wants to solve her problems and get rid of her humiliation, she must first learn to face problems and trust her mother, friends or other people, even her enemy Claire, instead of closing her heart.

I have some ideas: maybe we can arrange more drama conflicts for Sarah and Claire. Claire is a bully, but it is impossible that she has no weaknesses. For example, she also wears the same "absorbent underwear" as Sarah under her clothes. She bullies Sarah just to keep her secret from being exposed. Use this method to weaken the bully's authority and hostility, and finally let Claire help Sarah when she buys diapers. Or let Lisa's mother secretly take her to the hospital for examination and then have a showdown with her own mother. There are many ways, but it is obvious that Sarah must give up her stubbornness and pride.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure where @MinnesotaWriter can go with the Sarah/Claire conflict from here.    They've essentially divorced themselves by each other, and Sarah has the leverage in their dynamic.  Sarah still has access to her friends, while Claire has lost hers by being kicked off the Cheerleading Team.  That was a relief for Sarah, because it was causing her stress, but it's Claire's life.  She is also a freshman, so her dreams of being head cheerleader are done.  Even if there is some plans, it's just a standard teenage drama that I've read (and seen) a million times.

The real conflict is Sarah/mom and I think both of those are their own worst enemies.   Sarah's reluctance to let her friends (or teachers) know what is going on is destroying her.  It makes sense given the way her mom has reacted to Sarah's issues, which would make Sarah keep this a secret.  But any adult that heard rumors that Sarah's mother is humiliating her by making her sleep in a crib, wear a diaper, and eat from a high chair as punishment would be required to report it.   Do not pass go, do not ask your administrator, do not just tell somebody at school.  They must report.   All Sarah needs to do is let somebody know.  BTW- it becomes a dumb story.  CPS comes- they investigate, and either warn or remove Sarah and Emelia.   Based on what I've read, it would be something that Sarah would not be allowed back home until the investigation was concluded, and Emelia would be removed as well.

FTR- her mom is doing the same thing.   She is keeping this a secret to avoid the shame of having a daughter who is not toilet trained.   We've already spoken how negligent the mom is by treating a medical issue as a behavior issue (even though Amelia only changed after a medical intervention), but her behavioral management isn't working.  It's been a month, and Sarah is still peeing in Pull Ups at school.  She keeps such a close eye of Sarah at home that is forced to pee often enough that she can wet, and still has managed to reach the magic two accidents four times in a month.   Mom, guess what, IT'S NOT WORKING. 

I'm wondering what Sarah has planned now.  Let's say she completes her one-week potty training exercise with the aid of supplemental Pull Ups.  She is free of her mother's thumb for now, but still has a worsening issue with her bladder that is untreated and eventually going to being exposed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/7/2022 at 12:05 AM, GQLF said:

Yes, Sarah isn't doing herself any favors with how she is hiding her problems. And everything she does to hide has the potential to make things worse down the road. I don't think the question is whether her friends are willing to help, we've seen that Desi and Samantha have befriended Lisa despite her incontinence issues. It's a matter of whether Sarah is willing to let Lisa and them help.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:21 AM, Arendeth said:

Thanks for the chapter.

You're welcome!

On 10/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, diaperboymi said:

AWESOME chapter!!!!!  Thanks fitted the update????????

Thanks!

On 10/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, spark said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure where @MinnesotaWriter can go with the Sarah/Claire conflict from here.    They've essentially divorced themselves by each other, and Sarah has the leverage in their dynamic.  Sarah still has access to her friends, while Claire has lost hers by being kicked off the Cheerleading Team.  That was a relief for Sarah, because it was causing her stress, but it's Claire's life.  She is also a freshman, so her dreams of being head cheerleader are done.  Even if there is some plans, it's just a standard teenage drama that I've read (and seen) a million times.

The real conflict is Sarah/mom and I think both of those are their own worst enemies.   Sarah's reluctance to let her friends (or teachers) know what is going on is destroying her.  It makes sense given the way her mom has reacted to Sarah's issues, which would make Sarah keep this a secret.  But any adult that heard rumors that Sarah's mother is humiliating her by making her sleep in a crib, wear a diaper, and eat from a high chair as punishment would be required to report it.   Do not pass go, do not ask your administrator, do not just tell somebody at school.  They must report.   All Sarah needs to do is let somebody know.  BTW- it becomes a dumb story.  CPS comes- they investigate, and either warn or remove Sarah and Emelia.   Based on what I've read, it would be something that Sarah would not be allowed back home until the investigation was concluded, and Emelia would be removed as well.

FTR- her mom is doing the same thing.   She is keeping this a secret to avoid the shame of having a daughter who is not toilet trained.   We've already spoken how negligent the mom is by treating a medical issue as a behavior issue (even though Amelia only changed after a medical intervention), but her behavioral management isn't working.  It's been a month, and Sarah is still peeing in Pull Ups at school.  She keeps such a close eye of Sarah at home that is forced to pee often enough that she can wet, and still has managed to reach the magic two accidents four times in a month.   Mom, guess what, IT'S NOT WORKING. 

I'm wondering what Sarah has planned now.  Let's say she completes her one-week potty training exercise with the aid of supplemental Pull Ups.  She is free of her mother's thumb for now, but still has a worsening issue with her bladder that is untreated and eventually going to being exposed.

Claire's presence in the last chapter had more to do with needing some tension with Sarah meeting someone she knew while shopping for pull-ups. Based on how Sarah's relationships with other characters go, it was the one that fit the best with how the plot is going to go from here.

Sarah and her mom both share the same motivation for their secrets, and perhaps it could be that that is a unconsciously learned behavior that Sarah picked up on, but both keep secrets to hide parts of their lives that show things aren't normal or out of their control.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe Claire actually does wear pull-ups and has potty issues hence why she changed in the bathroom stalls instead of in the locker/changing room!! And picks on anyone else who she thinks fits the bill!! She was probably the one whose pull-up was found in the trash not Lisa’s!! And I think at some point that will come to light!! But I agree Sarah needs to stop running around the issue of her fall during cheerleading not having been so serious!! Because since then she has lost all control practically of her bladder!! But due to her mom’s reaction to the issue instead of being loving and trying to get to the root of her problem instead humiliates and dominates her because she’s the parent so Sarah cannot truly open up to her Mommy about what’s really going on and instead tries to hide it!! I think at some point soon it’s all going to come to a head!! And Sarah’s going to break down about everything!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have some new chapters coming! Re-posting this synopsis to make it easier to find and get caught up with where things are.

Synopsis: The Story so Far

Sarah’s mom follows an extremely strict potty-training regimen with her youngest daughter, 3-and-a-half-year-old Emilia, who isn’t fully potty trained, but that strict sense of rules and discipline is similar in other aspects of her parenting, as 14-year-old Sarah often is the recipient of thorough spankings if she gets poor grades or misbehaves in other ways. For Emilia, too many potty-training mishaps result in being put back into pull-ups, or worse, being put into diapers and treated like a baby, which is often her fate.

Sarah’s friends at school, Samantha and Desi, invite Sarah to a sleepover in a couple of weeks. Sarah’s mom has always forbidden sleepovers, in part because Sarah had been a bedwetter up until several years ago, but Sarah feels like she might be able to convince her mom about it for once now that she is in high school.

At cheerleading practice, Sarah has to deal with a fellow freshman, Claire, who is jealous that Sarah has gotten the better assignments with the team. At one of the first practices, they are going through a maneuver where Sarah is tossed in the air, but the girls who tossed Sarah fail to catch her, letting Sarah take a hard fall onto the ground.

Later that day, while doing some research on her computer into some new things they could attempt to finally get Emilia potty trained, Sarah wets her pants for the first time since she was a toddler, but as she is alone in her room, she is able to clean up the accident. And with being responsible for washing her own clothes, she can hide that from her mom as well. Besides that accident, Sarah is discovering that she is needing to go to the bathroom much more frequently and urgently than before.

Sarah is able to convince her mother to allow her to go to the sleepover, but only after she turns 15 in a few weeks. Sarah wets the bed that night. For Sarah, who had been a bedwetter as an older child, this was her first bedwetting accident in years. She is able to hide the accident by falsely claiming that Emilia’s diaper had leaked, as her little sister had snuck into Sarah’s bed in the middle of the night.

After those two accidents, and a close call at school the following day, Sarah takes the step of trying on her little sister’s pull-ups, testing them out to find out that they appear able to hold one of her bladder accidents. Sarah continues her scheme of using the pull-ups both at home and in school to hide future bladder accidents, though getting away with hiding her new underwear while being on the gymnastics team requires a lot of stealth and care.

At school, Sarah befriends Lisa, a shy fellow freshman who is getting bullied by Claire. Desi is welcoming of having someone else take part in their friend group, though Samantha is leery of that development.

While disposing of one of her own pull-ups in a school bathroom, Sarah discovers that another student appears to have thrown away an adult-style pull-up, leading her to wonder who else in the school is experiencing a similar problem to herself.

Sarah decides to go to a try-out for a newly created Fortnite team at the school, and Lisa is at the tryout as well. Both girls make the team, though Lisa is far and away the better player.

At the sleepover, the Sarah, Samantha, and Desi play a game of Truth or Dare, where it is revealed that Samantha’s younger brother is still a bedwetter who wears pull-ups at night. Upon that discovery, Samantha gets dared to wear the pull-up, while Desi gets dared to urinate in it. Sarah sees the pull-up as an opportunity to be able to avoid the risk of wetting herself during the sleepover. Once she thinks all her friends are asleep, she sneaks off to grab a pull-up from Samantha’s brother’s bedroom, only to discover that Samantha appears to be making her brother wet the bed by holding his hand in a bowl of warm water. Sarah takes the pull-up but doesn’t let Samantha know what she had seen.

While her sister’s pull-ups are mostly reliable, Sarah finds herself becoming overconfident with them, resulting in a leak that her younger sister notices, and immediately alerts her mother about. Her mother is upset about the accident and is frustrated that Sarah is setting such a poor example for a younger sibling she is working hard to potty trained. Sarah’s mom requires her to go back to wearing the pull-ups for a week, as a way to show that she was consistent in applying the same rules to both sisters.

One daytime accident means needing to wear a pull-up until you are dry for a week. Two accidents in one day mean being put back in diapers for the rest of the day and the following day. Nighttime accidents are counted separately.

Sarah has another bedwetting accident the night after being put back into pull-ups, but this time she is unable to hide it from her mother as the pull-up leaked all over the bed. She continues to have nighttime accidents, which she is unable to hide from her mother. Daytime is a different story, Sarah is able to continue to take some of Emilia’s pull-ups, and wear those during school, which is where most of her accidents happen as she isn’t always able to leave the classroom every single time she needs to go to the bathroom.

At the end of cheerleading practice, Sarah gets into a fight with Claire, who had looked inside her backpack to find Emilia’s pull-ups. While Sarah is able to explain away the pull-up as being something for her sister, the cheerleading coach tells both girls that any future fighting could result in their dismissal from the team.

Sarah’s nighttime wetting continues, with the pull-ups remaining completely ineffective. Her mom orders a package of adult diapers to use for Sarah at night instead and requires Sarah to keep them on the entire night, with no getting up to ask for a change or use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

At school, Sarah goes to the library and uses a computer another student had accidently stayed logged in to do some research about her bladder issues but wasn’t able to find any clear answers to her problem. Her mother is leery of going to doctors, and Sarah is unwilling to see the school nurse, as that would result in her mother finding out that the extent of Sarah’s problem is much worse than she is aware of.

With the aide of her sister’s pull-ups, Sarah is able to go a week of hiding all of her daytime accidents from her mother and is rewarded with being able to go back into her regular panties, but another accident at home just a couple days later has her right back into pull-ups again.

While Sarah normally gets assigned to do any group projects with Samantha and Desi, she instead gets assigned to do a group project for history class with Lisa, who happens to be the niece of the history teacher. Lisa, who lives with her aunt and uncle, invites Sarah to come over to her house for a study session.

While studying (and playing videogames) at Lisa’s place, her friend works up the courage to confront Sarah about her pull-up use, before revealing excitedly that they both share the same condition. Sarah avoids going into the actually details of her bladder issues and the way her mom has handled the situation, instead letting it appear that it has also been something she’s dealt with her entire life.

Lisa tells Sarah about her background (Note: This part is covered in the story, “Diapers Never Lie”), about how she has had incontinence issues her whole life and how the abuse she suffered from both her parents led her to live with her aunt and uncle.

Sarah’s streak of being able to avoid her mom noticing two accidents in one day comes to an end, and her mom follows through with the same punishment that Emilia would get for that offense. Sarah gets put back into diapers for the day.

Sarah’s mom then turns to more drastic measures to get both of her kids out of diapers. She ordered laxatives as constipation can be a cause of bedwetting and bladder issues. Both Sarah and Emilia have to take the laxatives while wearing diapers, which they were required to mess in.

The school bully, Claire, manages to get a hold of one of Lisa’s diapers from her backpack, and taunts Lisa about it in the hallway after school. Sarah decides to get revenge against Claire, taking note of the threat from the cheerleading coach that any additional fighting between her and Claire would result in both getting tossed from the team. Sarah instigates a fight between them, resulting in detention plus a suspension from the team.

Other drama at school quickly eclipses the incident with Lisa’s diapers, and the introverted freshman is able to avoid unwanted attention from her classmates. Samantha, who had at first been annoyed with Lisa joining in with their friend group, is now much more at ease with Lisa taking part in activities with herself, Sarah, and Desi.

The laxatives that Sarah’s mom used appear to be helping Emilia get potty trained, as Sarah’s younger sister is almost completely accident free. This puts Sarah in a bind as she doesn’t have the ability to take any of her sister’s pull-ups without her mom noticing a suspicious decrease.

Sarah is too afraid to wear a pull-up to school, seeing how her classmates had tormented Lisa makes her dread what would happen if she wet her pants in class. Sarah decides to have one accident on purpose at home, to get mom to at least put her back in pull-ups, figuring that as long as she can avoid having two daytime accidents on the same day (that would mean going back to diapers the next day) that she would then at least have the ability to have a pull-up on while going to school.

Sarah’s plan backfires when she has a second accident that evening, this time into the pull-up, which leaves her going to bed fearful of how she is going to be wearing diapers the next day at school.

Instead of making Sarah wear diapers to school, her mom calls the school to say that Sarah is sick, and has her daughter stay home for the day. Sarah is thoroughly treated like a baby, being made to drink from a bottle and sit in a highchair for meals. Emilia, whose potty training has finally been successful and now is wearing underwear full-time, has been enlisted to help with the babying of her older sister.

This treatment continues on and off for the next month, causing Sarah to have issues in school with her grades, and leaving her friends concerned for her as well. To try and get out of this cycle of babying, Sarah makes a trip to the drug store to purchase some pull-ups of her own, which she plans to use to conceal her daytime accidents from her mom and trick her into believing that she is toilet trained again during the day.

• Like 7

Chapter 43: The Request

The blue lines on my alarm clock blurred together in the early morning hours. I blinked rapidly and rubbed my eyes before taking another look to see what the time was. Five-thirty-seven in the morning. I shifted under my covers and rolled onto my back, checking my diaper with one hand. All dry. Not that being dry did me any good at the moment.

I had about a fifty percent chance of waking up before I peed in my nighttime diaper based on how the past month had gone. I also had a one hundred percent chance of the diaper being wet by the time Mom got me out of bed and allowed me to go to the bathroom to use the toilet and get showered for school. Even when I woke up dry, the urge to pee was way more than I could hold for several hours. And in the unlikely event that I was able to fall asleep despite the distractions from my bladder, that just meant waking up to a wet diaper later on.

The worst times were like today when I woke up super early in the morning.

Mom had made her nighttime rules abundantly clear. I was to wear a diaper to bed, and the diaper wasn’t supposed to come off for any reason until she came to get me in the morning. Mom told me that the point was for me to practice holding my bladder the entire night. I did get the point she was trying to make, but at the same time, the rules seemed to accomplish what appeared to be Mom’s other two main goals. There wasn’t any wet bedding that needed to be washed, and she didn’t have to wake up in the middle of the night to help me with the diaper.

There were a few times when I had woken up dry late enough in the morning where I had then attempted to stay dry until Mom had come to get me up. The best I had come to staying dry a whole night had been holding it in until about fifteen minutes before Mom had come in to wake me up.

This was not one of those mornings.

Stifling a yawn so as not to wake my younger sister Emilia, who I had to share a bedroom with, I sat upright on my knees in the bed and let my bladder do what it had been urging me to let it do.

It was much easier to pee while sitting up or standing than it was while lying down. The only times I’d wet the diaper while lying down had been after attempting to hold my bladder as long as I possibly could. At least it was warm right now. It wouldn’t be when I woke up again a few hours later. If I was lucky enough, I’d be able to fall back asleep before the diaper got cold and irritating to my skin.

---

“Emilia, go and check to see if your sister stayed dry last night.”

I felt a tug on my blanket and then a rush of coldness as I was rudely uncovered by my sister, who had become enthusiastic about her part in our role reversal.

“Wet!”

I was now alone in needing to be checked on in the morning. Mom didn’t need to check Emilia anymore. Any nighttime accident – not that there had been any in the past month – would have been incredibly obvious given that Emilia had been allowed to wear regular underwear to bed for a while now.

The past month had been as if a magic switch had been flipped for my little sister. Not a single accident, day or night. Not even a tiny leak or some desperate close calls. But Mom’s final success with Emilia’s toilet training made her all the more frustrated with me. She was convinced that her methods were right, and therefore there must be something that I was doing wrong.

After hearing the expected reply from my sister, Mom slipped into the bedroom, slid a changing pad under my bottom, and speedily removed the soggy diaper, handing it to Emilia to toss into the diaper bin.

Once Mom had finished wiping me clean, I lay on the bed while they left the room and didn’t get up until I was certain I could hear Mom and my sister in the kitchen. I grabbed some fresh clothes from the dresser – high-waisted jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie – and then discreetly reached into my dirty laundry hamper and removed a pull-up with rainbows on it.

This was the third morning since I had managed to hide all my daytime accidents from Mom for a whole week, an accomplishment that was the result of the extra pull-ups I had managed to purchase from the drugstore. The extra pull-ups had allowed me to still have accidents at school while being able to replenish the stack of pull-ups Mom provided me with so that she didn’t realize how many pull-ups I was actually going through.

But now, with my daytime toilet training supposedly complete, Mom was no longer monitoring what I was wearing during the day. That didn’t mean I was going to switch over to panties. The frequency of my daytime accidents hadn’t abated, leaving me to reluctantly admit that I still needed to wear pull-ups.

The only time I would change into regular underwear would be right before bed, as Mom would be removing my clothes to change me into a nighttime diaper, but that was usually only for about twenty minutes or so, so avoiding an accident during those times wasn’t an issue at all.

As I stepped into the shower, I began to silently rehearse my plan for breakfast.

---

I finished my full glass of orange juice without complaint. With the pull-ups I had purchased at the pharmacy last week, having an accident or two at school wouldn’t matter, as Mom wasn’t going to be able to find out. Being able to drink as much as I needed to again was making me feel much better, and I was having an easier time paying attention in my classes again.

The majority of my previous attempts to re-toilet train myself had focused more on avoiding accidents, primarily because of the consequences Mom had associated with them. Now, I was focused more on trying to hold my bladder longer while staying hydrated, and not worrying about the couple of accidents that typically happened during school. While I hadn’t made any progress yet, Lisa had insisted that staying well-hydrated was necessary for successful toilet training.

Being mostly back in Mom’s good graces – aside from the nightly bedwetting – opened up some new possibilities in the coming weeks. I’d been cooped up so much in the past month that the thought of a sleepover, even though that came with the possibility of Samantha and Desi discovering my bedwetting, sounded like a lot of fun.

Now seemed like as good a time as any to ask Mom for something. She was in a good mood this morning. I’d been out of any trouble recently. I was back to getting good grades now that I was less worried about accidents at school. And Mom believed that my daytime wetting issues were all behind me.

I waited until Mom had finished chewing a mouthful of pancakes before springing the question on her.

“Mom, can I ask you something?”

“I don’t know. What is it about?”

“Would it be OK for me to go to Lisa’s place for a sleepover?”

Mom turned toward me, a look of utter confusion on her face.

“Sarah,” she said, still sounding confused about the request. “No, you can’t have a sleepover, not with your bedwetting. What would Lisa think about that? Why don’t you just plan on doing something in the day instead?”

“But Lisa knows about my bedwetting.”

Mom’s eyes widened and her lips pursed together. Mom had never needed to tell me not to tell anyone about my bedwetting. But she had never had to. For one thing, it wasn’t information I would have volunteered to anyone. But to the best of my knowledge, Mom had never told anyone else about my bedwetting, either. And it was clear from her expression that she wasn’t happy that Lisa had found out.

“You told her what?” Mom said, as if she couldn’t believe what she had heard.

I couldn’t tell Mom the truth about how Lisa had uncovered my bladder issues and then confronted me about it when I was at her house to study. I suspected Mom wouldn’t be happy with others knowing about my daytime accidents, and I certainly wasn’t going to violate my friend’s privacy and reveal Lisa’s daytime incontinence issues without her permission, either.

“When I was over at her place, I ended up sitting down on her bed, and it was super crinkly, just like mine is with the waterproof sheet. She told me about her bedwetting, but she was really upset and embarrassed by it, so I told her that I did as well, to make her feel better.”

I had spent the past week debating with myself about the best way to ask for a sleepover. Telling Mom that Lisa already knew about the bedwetting was key, but I wanted to frame it in a way that focused more on me trying to help my friends than on the fact that I told someone else about the bedwetting.

The next objection Mom raised was one that I had fully anticipated.

“But how are you going to get a diaper on for bed?”

Mom hadn’t let me try to put on a diaper myself, and, to be honest, I suspected that I would have a bit of difficulty at first with getting it on. I decided that relying on Lisa’s experience was again the best choice.

“Lisa will be able to help me get it on if I have any trouble. I mean, she’s been wearing them to bed her whole life, so she knows how to get them on without any issues.”

I didn’t say that Samantha and Desi would be at the sleepover as well. I didn’t say that it would be only with Lisa, but I did my best to leave that impression without explicitly saying so. My two other friends did present a problem. They were in the dark about my bedwetting, and I intended to keep that the case. But I had the perfect plan to maintain that secret.

“But what if your diaper leaks?” Mom asked, clearly not through with her objections yet.

“Mom, I’m sure Lisa knows how to deal with leaks. She has a mattress protector, and the bed is more than big enough for the both of us.”

Mom fell silent and let both her hands fall to her hips. I could see how flummoxed she was now that all of her objections had been countered. I felt a bit hopeful. Mom could be strict about things like this, but she always gave reasons to back up her decisions. She wasn’t going to arbitrarily say no to a sleepover if she couldn’t give a good reason for why I shouldn’t be allowed to.

“Alright, you can go on a sleepover, if, and only if, I don’t see any more bad grades from you, and you don’t have a repeat of the accidents you’ve been having in the day.”

That was as good an offer as I felt I was going to get.

“I can do that,” I replied, trying not to sound too eager.

“When’s the sleepover going to be happening?”

“Don’t know yet, Lisa had offered to do it, but we were waiting to see if you’d be OK with it before deciding on a date, but I’d probably go home with her on a Saturday after a Fortnite team match or practice.”

“That will work, but you’ll need to let me know when you have a date decided on.”

I felt a wave of contentment flow over me as I finished the remainder of my breakfast, even going so far as to partially refill my cup with a few more ounces of orange juice. Life was getting as close to normal as it had in a long time.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 43 - 4/16/23)

Glad to see this back! Also glad to see some improvements on the mom front. Her mom is psycho and clearly abusive. Unfortunately she's going to get busted eventually. Really wish she would get into a doctor so she can learn the problem and maybe receive treatment. My guess though is she's beyond treatment with as long ago as the injury was...

Easy start here we will have to see how long it will last. I would not be surprised if it turns out that her mother will do some cleaning or something and find her pull-ups while she has her sleep over.

39 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Really wish she would get into a doctor so she can learn the problem and maybe receive treatment. My guess though is she's beyond treatment with as long ago as the injury was...

I agree but guess that would cost some Money which she probably dont have but her mother and telling her would ruin the "progress". So i dont really think she will do because the way i read it at the moment she doesnt even think of it as a injury that would need a doctor. So thinking that she can solve it herself with time might be an option in her mind.  

So good to see this return with an update! 

And oh man, does Mom ever betray her fear of getting caught here.  I remember this kind of reaction from my mother when I was a teenager.  She tried to slap me in the face one afternoon after school, and I caught both the swinging hand and (pre-emptively) her off-hand and pinned her to the couch.  She bit my arm, not enough to draw blood, but damn sure enough to leave an obvious bruise that persisted the next day.  Which, of course, knowing that I had an IEP team meeting the next day, you bet your ass I wore a t-shirt, and she complained bitterly about it.  

Shockingly, the IEP team didn't think this rose to the level of physical abuse, so my gambit was in vain. 

4 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Shockingly, the IEP team didn't think this rose to the level of physical abuse, so my gambit was in vain. 

Side note-I'm a mandated reporter.  I haven't quite hit 1,000 IEPs yet, but I'm getting close (99% facilitated by me).  If you told me- I don't even have a choice to report it.  It's the law, and I lose my credential if I don't.  If there is somebody under 18 and being abused- say something to somebody.  In your case- the IEP case manager and EVERYBODY else on the team should have lost their job.  Mind you- I can't read minds, and if you don't say it directly, I might not realize what you're trying to say.

This is what makes this story so fascinating and frustrating.   Mom is so emotionally abusive, but Sara's self-reliance is really hurting her.  I think all of her friends (especially Lisa) are smart enough to know how to respond if Sarah just tells them.    That's how Lisa beat her mom, and ended up with her aunt and uncle. 

This story is like Star Wars.  It's a long time between updates.  Unlike Star Wars- the later episodes are good.

6 hours ago, spark said:

If you told me- I don't even have a choice to report it.  It's the law, and I lose my credential if I don't.  If there is somebody under 18 and being abused- say something to somebody.  In your case- the IEP case manager and EVERYBODY else on the team should have lost their job. 

It was 1988 - the laws were a lot different back then. 

6 hours ago, spark said:

This is what makes this story so fascinating and frustrating.   Mom is so emotionally abusive, but Sara's self-reliance is really hurting her.  I think all of her friends (especially Lisa) are smart enough to know how to respond if Sarah just tells them.    That's how Lisa beat her mom, and ended up with her aunt and uncle. 

Agree.  Mom is abusive more generally though, with the corporal punishment and all that.  Trad family nonsense. 

17 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Glad to see this back! Also glad to see some improvements on the mom front. Her mom is psycho and clearly abusive. Unfortunately she's going to get busted eventually. Really wish she would get into a doctor so she can learn the problem and maybe receive treatment. My guess though is she's beyond treatment with as long ago as the injury was...

I'm not sure if it's an improvement in the mom front so much as Sarah managed to out-manipulate her for a change. As for treatment, Sarah and her mom both have their own reasons for that being avoided, so it's unlikely, at least in the short term.

17 hours ago, The Cle-venger said:

welcome back and thanks for the update

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Kahlez said:

Easy start here we will have to see how long it will last. I would not be surprised if it turns out that her mother will do some cleaning or something and find her pull-ups while she has her sleep over.

I agree but guess that would cost some Money which she probably dont have but her mother and telling her would ruin the "progress". So i dont really think she will do because the way i read it at the moment she doesnt even think of it as a injury that would need a doctor. So thinking that she can solve it herself with time might be an option in her mind.  

Sarah's plan's often come with some unintended consequences, so we'll have to see how the sleepover goes.

14 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

So good to see this return with an update! 

And oh man, does Mom ever betray her fear of getting caught here.  I remember this kind of reaction from my mother when I was a teenager.  She tried to slap me in the face one afternoon after school, and I caught both the swinging hand and (pre-emptively) her off-hand and pinned her to the couch.  She bit my arm, not enough to draw blood, but damn sure enough to leave an obvious bruise that persisted the next day.  Which, of course, knowing that I had an IEP team meeting the next day, you bet your ass I wore a t-shirt, and she complained bitterly about it.  

The way that the mom attempts to keep her mistreatment of Sarah private is one of the more sinister aspects of it, and shows she knows as some level how abnormal her treatment of her daughter is.

9 hours ago, spark said:

Side note-I'm a mandated reporter.  I haven't quite hit 1,000 IEPs yet, but I'm getting close (99% facilitated by me).  If you told me- I don't even have a choice to report it.  It's the law, and I lose my credential if I don't.  If there is somebody under 18 and being abused- say something to somebody.  In your case- the IEP case manager and EVERYBODY else on the team should have lost their job.  Mind you- I can't read minds, and if you don't say it directly, I might not realize what you're trying to say.

This story is like Star Wars.  It's a long time between updates.  Unlike Star Wars- the later episodes are good.

What also is working against Sarah is the fact that she is actually having the incontinence issues, so while her mom's behavior is abusive, Sarah's actual need for diapers and pull-ups adds a tiny bit of legitimacy to her mom's actions, which creates some doubt for Sarah.

And yes, the upcoming sleepover chapters are going to be quite good. We've got one more chapter before that though.

• Like 3
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)