LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic pants. Do they help with leaks?

Ames

@baker7

Wow, sounds like they don't make it easy over there. I did have a little look but they are a little pricey for my budget. I have found a few other brands that seem promising though and have ordered some samples. Hopefully I can find one I love. 

28 minutes ago, Ames said:

@baker7

Wow, sounds like they don't make it easy over there. I did have a little look but they are a little pricey for my budget. I have found a few other brands that seem promising though and have ordered some samples. Hopefully I can find one I love. 

@Ames

No, they did not make it easy, and I remember having to make phone calls to the doctor every day for WEEKS - What happened with me was that they could only provide certain diapers to me, but they ONLY USED 2 suppliers.  When I realized what they were doing to me, I called my Case Manager, and asked her what they do for people in Care Facilities that need them - She said that all they do is throw a pad under the person, and they use Prevail Air, or similar diapers, because they said that "plastic backed diapers caused patients to have adverse reactions, caused skin breakdowns, and other issues."  I told her that a Plastic Backed Diaper is BETTER than anything that they were providing me, and that I found that the REASON they were providing me garbage products were because they were reimbursed $13 USD per Bag of Diapers, when the Plastic ones were $24/bag - so my state was NOT EVEN reimbursing a fair rate, and I YELLED at medicaid, saying that they were CRAZY - and I KNEW the reason that I was unable to get better products was due to the reimbursement rates.

So, I asked the State to INCREASE this rate for me and my situation:  Then they said that there was a supplier in New Hampsire that could provide me the Magamaxes:  Doctor asked me for 5 brands that I liked, then they REJECTED them all:  Basically because they were all expensive and plastic backed  My Criteria: Plastic Backed, and able to last the day, PERIOD!! So, I began using Megamaxes, and Prevail Underpads, although I can get over 200 of the prevails, and I think I'm gonna get rid of them in favor of the Megamaxes.  I like this way, because my supplier orders them from Amazon, and ships them on a "Call when needed Basis!"  Now that I have something that works for me, I have them on my chart.  DON'T Use the Non-plastic backed ones - They don't work well if you have a full bladder :(

Crazy, Huh??  And they Think a Prevail Diaper will handle it hehehehhe, Yeah, RIGHT!!!

Brian

1 hour ago, baker7 said:

DON'T Use the Non-plastic backed ones - They don't work well if you have a full bladder :(

We had our monthly ABDL Munch today and when I padded up prior to going out there, I decided to save my Tranquility ATNs which are my casual choice for around the house, because they don't hold a lot (less than 900 mL in real world experience, closer to 500-600 mL).  The ATNs have some SAP in them because they plump up quite a bit.

I also wanted to save my Abena Abri-Form Comfort L4 (poly backed) because I only get two bags a month due to price.  These are my typical overnight diapers and I only get 24 per month through my Amazon Prime subscription ($1.46/ea, 12 per bag, 2 bags per month).  The Abri-Form Comforts have an ISO rating of 4000 mL capacity but real-world is probably 2-2.5 liters because there is almost always dry padding somewhere in the diaper.  The poly-backed Abena's don't have any or much SAP.  Even when they're saturated they don't tend to plump up.  They seem to be somewhat flat and hard when saturated.

I also use Walmart Assurance stretch briefs for work, but I try to control how much they are used and I use the restroom as much as possible during a workday.  They have probably 350-400 mL capacity (maybe slightly more).  These have some SAP because they plump really well.

My choice when I got ready to go to the Munch though:  Abri-form Premiums L4 (fabric backed version of the Abena diapers.  I stopped using my last bag of Premiums after I started getting the poly-backed Abenas.  I remembered some things about them today...

1. Abena Abri-Form Premiums must have at least SOME SAP in the padding because they plumped up quite a bit when I wet it after the Munch.  It was a bit difficult to walk without being obvious.
  2. The Premiums weep moisture a lot.  Walking into the grocery store on my way home it felt like I had a rolled up wet towel between my legs.  The wetness was evident to me against my legs even though my pants didn't show any wetness.  Several hours later, I'm about to change out of the Premium and it's cool and damp to the touch almost everywhere the padding is wet.

I'm not sure if the Premiums have more capacity than the Comforts (poly) since their ISO ratings are both 4000 mL.  I do know that the Premiums apparently have SAP included (not a lot though) whereas the Comfort polys have little or no SAP in their padding.

For those who are interested in pricing:

• Assurance Stretch Briefs (Walmart) - S/M size, 40 count bag is $15.87 or about $0.40 each (purchased from Walmart)
  • Tranquility ATN Lg size is 81.99 for a 96 count case, or about $0.81 each (purchased from Carewell.com)
  • Abena Abri-Form Premium L4 are about $1.41 each when buying single bags of 12 from Amazon (cheapest I've found) (cases are fairly similiar in price per unit)
  • Abena Abri-Form Comfort (poly) L4 are about $1.46 each when buying single bags of 12 from Amazon (cheapest I've found) (cases are fairly similiar in price per unit)
10 hours ago, Ames said:

This seems like a good idea but I'm not a big fan of cloth diapers. It might be something I come back to if I don't manage to solve it though x

Thank you. I might invest in some and see what happens. Do you get many issues with chafing from them? 

No I have never had issues with chaffing 

18 hours ago, Ames said:

Hi, 

So I have been wearing diapers about a month now but still fairly regularly get leaks from the leg holes. Particularly at work. Not massive leaks but enough to be a pain. I was wandering if plastic pants over the top might help with this? I have been looking at some but have never used them before. 

24/7 for around 14 months.  Early on I had lots of problems with leaks at my legs, usually the back of my thighs when sitting down.

The winning combination for me is a high quality diaper (my day diaper is usually a BetterDry) under Gary PUL pants (cut to fit fairly snugly) and over the top of that, a pair of Spanx (compression shorts).  It seems to help a lot that my diaper is held firmly in place against me.  I very rarely leak now and if I do, it is in sufficiently small quantity for my Gary waterproofs to catch it.  I'm in the same diaper from around 0700 until 1700.

It probably also helps me that as i've grown habituated to diaper use, I developed a tendency to pee very frequently but in very small volumes.

21 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

We had our monthly ABDL Munch today and when I padded up prior to going out there, I decided to save my Tranquility ATNs which are my casual choice for around the house, because they don't hold a lot (less than 900 mL in real world experience, closer to 500-600 mL).  The ATNs have some SAP in them because they plump up quite a bit.

I also wanted to save my Abena Abri-Form Comfort L4 (poly backed) because I only get two bags a month due to price.  These are my typical overnight diapers and I only get 24 per month through my Amazon Prime subscription ($1.46/ea, 12 per bag, 2 bags per month).  The Abri-Form Comforts have an ISO rating of 4000 mL capacity but real-world is probably 2-2.5 liters because there is almost always dry padding somewhere in the diaper.  The poly-backed Abena's don't have any or much SAP.  Even when they're saturated they don't tend to plump up.  They seem to be somewhat flat and hard when saturated.

I also use Walmart Assurance stretch briefs for work, but I try to control how much they are used and I use the restroom as much as possible during a workday.  They have probably 350-400 mL capacity (maybe slightly more).  These have some SAP because they plump really well.

My choice when I got ready to go to the Munch though:  Abri-form Premiums L4 (fabric backed version of the Abena diapers.  I stopped using my last bag of Premiums after I started getting the poly-backed Abenas.  I remembered some things about them today...

1. Abena Abri-Form Premiums must have at least SOME SAP in the padding because they plumped up quite a bit when I wet it after the Munch.  It was a bit difficult to walk without being obvious.
  2. The Premiums weep moisture a lot.  Walking into the grocery store on my way home it felt like I had a rolled up wet towel between my legs.  The wetness was evident to me against my legs even though my pants didn't show any wetness.  Several hours later, I'm about to change out of the Premium and it's cool and damp to the touch almost everywhere the padding is wet.

I'm not sure if the Premiums have more capacity than the Comforts (poly) since their ISO ratings are both 4000 mL.  I do know that the Premiums apparently have SAP included (not a lot though) whereas the Comfort polys have little or no SAP in their padding.

For those who are interested in pricing:

• Assurance Stretch Briefs (Walmart) - S/M size, 40 count bag is $15.87 or about $0.40 each (purchased from Walmart)
  • Tranquility ATN Lg size is 81.99 for a 96 count case, or about $0.81 each (purchased from Carewell.com)
  • Abena Abri-Form Premium L4 are about $1.41 each when buying single bags of 12 from Amazon (cheapest I've found) (cases are fairly similiar in price per unit)
  • Abena Abri-Form Comfort (poly) L4 are about $1.46 each when buying single bags of 12 from Amazon (cheapest I've found) (cases are fairly similiar in price per unit)

Some very good advice on here thank you. 

18 hours ago, babyalan said:

No I have never had issues with chaffing 

Good to hear. I bit the bullet and brought a pair. Giving them a test run at work tonight. Thank you 

16 hours ago, oznl said:

24/7 for around 14 months.  Early on I had lots of problems with leaks at my legs, usually the back of my thighs when sitting down.

The winning combination for me is a high quality diaper (my day diaper is usually a BetterDry) under Gary PUL pants (cut to fit fairly snugly) and over the top of that, a pair of Spanx (compression shorts).  It seems to help a lot that my diaper is held firmly in place against me.  I very rarely leak now and if I do, it is in sufficiently small quantity for my Gary waterproofs to catch it.  I'm in the same diaper from around 0700 until 1700.

It probably also helps me that as i've grown habituated to diaper use, I developed a tendency to pee very frequently but in very small volumes.

Helpful advice as ever. Tbh I tend to pee more frequently and in smaller amounts now. It is becoming easier to manage as time passes. As above, I am test running some plastic pants at work tonight so hopefully it helps. 

14 hours ago, stevewet said:

I always sleep in a nappy and plastic pants to help combat any leaks.

Thank you, I tend not to wet at night and tbh am a bit conscious of that although it is nicer not having to get up to pee in the morning 

• Like 1
On 3/7/2020 at 6:51 AM, Constantlywet said:

I wear polyurethane pants all the time when I'm out the house. They do work for any small leaks but most of all they help with smells. They do a great job in holding any pee smells at bay. 

I usually wear plastic pants over my nappies

• Like 1

Plastic pants are only meant to act as a barrier between a wet diaper and the "outside." If a diaper becomes saturated, plastic pants can and will leak--especially around the leg openings where the elastic will wick moisture to the outside. Some plastic pants work better than others, but I assume with use, they will all leak eventually.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Since cloth diapers cannot leak because they are not waterproof, then it must be that the question is about throw-arays, which have their own waterproof barrier. The answer to that question would be yes, by providing a second barrier

Never be without plastic pants. Make sure they're not too small -- elastics on the legs should be tight -- there should not be too tight on diaper. The diaper has to be the right size -- should be tight around the waist and legs. Leaks occur when the sizing is off. Plastics will stop leaks, but they'll get wet around the elastic leg openings They don't always stop leaks, but they slow them down.

Good luck.

Plastic pants help with leaks, but when you are in a saturated diaper, sit down, press out leaks can often occur in the back just under the leg bands of the plastic pants.

Well, for a number of years, the diaper companies have recommended that they be worn over their produ ts