LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are booster pads worth it?

Joep

I wear a booster in every nappy I put on. It's only a attends deo but without it I would be changing every 4 hours. With the booster, I can go 6 to 8 hours depending on how much I drink. Much better for when I'm at work and stuff. 

Today I have decided to wear a Tykables booster pad inside of my Little For Big Cutie diaper while at work.  I will document the experience here including pictures to give everyone an idea of what it looks like as the pad goes from dry, wet, and then soaked.

It has now been eight hours since I put my diaper on with a booster pad.  The booster pad is heavily saturated in the front and not used at all in the back.  My pee pee fills the pad about half way.  My diaper, although wet in the front, is not even close to being filled to capacity.  At this point I have three options.  One, I could change both my diaper and booster pad which would be a waste of a partially used diaper.  Two, I could completely remove the booster pad and discard of it and simply just use my diaper to capacity.  Option three, which I have elected to do in this situation, is to the turn the booster pad around, and place back in my diaper and continue going potty...same diaper, same booster.

20200311_144819.jpg

20200311_145349.jpg

20200311_145402.jpg

20200311_145417.jpg

20200311_145430.jpg

20200311_145441.jpg

20200311_145459.jpg

20200311_145219.jpg

20200311_145539.jpg

20200311_145619.jpg

Edited by CuckoldedBabyGirl

I have now reached around the eleven hour mark of wearing the same diaper and booster pad.  I changed out of my work attire and into something more comfortable and as you can see my diaper bulge is significantly more noticable.   My onesie and fixing panties have been removed and I am simply wearing my diaper and plastic panties.  I remain leak free to this point.

20200311_170847.jpg

20200311_170904.jpg

20200311_170919.jpg

• Like 1

Benefit of having ED and an artificial erection (inflatable implant).  I can push my boy bits down into the crotch of my diaper so I fill from the bottom, up and it stays relatively where I put it, at least overnight. Standing for long periods, it stays put, but sitting down tends to make things "get comfortable" and I have to resituate myself at times to point itdown again.

Since nothing "comes up" on its own naturally, it's much easier to use my entire diaper.  At night I roll over into the prone position to fill the front of my diaper early on because I end up filling the crotch and back overnight when laying on my back.

It has now been eight hours since I put my diaper on with a booster pad.  The booster pad is heavily saturated in the front and not used at all in the back.  My pee pee fills the pad about half way.  My diaper, although wet in the front, is not even close to being filled to capacity.  At this point I have three options.  One, I could change both my diaper and booster pad which would be a waste of a partially used diaper.  Two, I could completely remove the booster pad and discard of it and simply just use my diaper to capacity.  Option three, which I have elected to do in this situation, is to the turn the booster pad around, and place back in my diaper and continue going potty...same diaper, same booster.
20200311_144819.thumb.jpg.759cd7b02129375c8b0404c1b95edf43.jpg
20200311_145349.thumb.jpg.f2e1796b247b77c85f39815294a4b628.jpg
20200311_145402.thumb.jpg.89b759274725bc4840c767f10caa7e3b.jpg
20200311_145417.thumb.jpg.d8218fa3db589a56a57ccf8c35feb3a2.jpg
20200311_145430.thumb.jpg.6f3e91843484bc1fca9013ac4ba6bb44.jpg
20200311_145441.thumb.jpg.e6afc4822d8664715af5bd08b7bee6e7.jpg
20200311_145459.thumb.jpg.a89a88e942c3eedd9143b9998a6f05e9.jpg
20200311_145219.thumb.jpg.3be8f8cee668213ab12ee5d234db9c73.jpg
20200311_145539.thumb.jpg.0abfd1f6799eeaff2b5ba5cbe4fd7ec5.jpg
20200311_145619.thumb.jpg.096e91c9912bca04c6e30483f440761c.jpg

Oh no you wet your diaper, I guess that’s why you wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely say that wearing a booster in your diaper is most definitely beneficial, especially if you are going to be wearing the same diaper for an extended period of time.  Despite having used boosters in my diapers previously, I have never done so at work mainly because I felt my diaper bulge would be too pronounced.  I did not catch any coworkers staring at my diapered crotch even after my booster started to grow so I think wearing a booster to work is no problem.  It worked so well yesterday I am wearing another one today, this time in an ABU Bunny Hops diaper.

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, DiaperedAllTheTime said:

I would definitely say that wearing a booster in your diaper is most definitely beneficial, especially if you are going to be wearing the same diaper for an extended period of time.  Despite having used boosters in my diapers previously, I have never done so at work mainly because I felt my diaper bulge would be too pronounced.  I did not catch any coworkers staring at my diapered crotch even after my booster started to grow so I think wearing a booster to work is no problem.  It worked so well yesterday I am wearing another one today, this time in an ABU Bunny Hops diaper.

How did that experiment go?  I'm genuinely interested.  I think I said this before, but I just can't see how I could get away with a booster and a Tykables - but I like your investigation.

What size are you wearing by the way, M or L? 

I get most of my diapers at the Goodwill and thrift shops.  They are not premium diapers by any means, more like store type brands.  Some are better than others but since I usually wear for about 3 hours a couple times a week when I get up early, they work well enough for me.  I do use booster pads in them now and then and yes, they do extend the life of the diaper by at least an extra hour.  I used to get diaper doublers from Babies R Us and they worked very well and were inexpensive, but now that they have gone out of business, I look for adult doublers if I can find them.  I got several packages of boosters at the Goodwill months ago, made by Tranquility and they are a little thicker than the diaper doublers I used to get.  They work very well, especially on the low end diapers I usually wear.  They don't add much bulk except a little in the crotch of the diaper where I usually put it.

I make soaker panels (boosters) for my cloth diapers out of Zorb 3 and it is fantastic. It is almost a necessary item if you don't want a diaper to leak. I can wear a diaper for at least four hours.

• Like 1

I have had mixed results with booster pads I like betterdry or crinklz diapers the best and when I am expecting a high volume night ( when been out drinking, or going out drinking) I will use a booster or two.  You have to when diapering up account for the expansion of the booster and diaper, and leave the crotch a little saggy but make sure it is tight around your legs and waist.  If you diaper up like you normally would you are more succeptable to press out leaks when sitting on your padded rear.  For extra protection I wear a pair of plastic panties they help if you were to have a little leakage.  I will also use boosters when I want to waddle around in little time.

If you wear cloth diapers, booster pads are a must, in my experience. I made several out of Zorb II when it was available. That stuff can't be beat for absorbancy. I can go about 3½-4 hrs between changes.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:40 PM, BedWetMark said:

How did that experiment go?  I'm genuinely interested.  I think I said this before, but I just can't see how I could get away with a booster and a Tykables - but I like your investigation.

What size are you wearing by the way, M or L? 

L

We have used booster pads, but we prefer using the huggies overnite size 5 baby diapers as a booster. They have helped out alot, and have saved me from having my diaper changed while out in public, but sometimes I do have to be changed away from home.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:17 PM, le Hollandais said:

If you wear cloth diapers, booster pads are a must, in my experience. I made several out of Zorb II when it was available. That stuff can't be beat for absorbancy. I can go about 3½-4 hrs between changes.

It very much depends on which cloth nappy you wear.  Some are designed just as holders for boosters, in which case you haven't got any capacity at all without them.  Others are absorbent enough that I'll get through the day without trouble with only 1 or 2 changes (and another at night).  There's no need for extra pads (& no room for them either).  And there's everything in between these 2 extremes of course.

This week I'm just wearing 48-inch terry nappies, folded in a Chinese fold, which is a neat bit of origami that gives you a built-in booster pad.  I've just taken 6 out of the washing machine that were all I needed for 48 hours.

• Like 1
On 6/4/2020 at 5:41 AM, Stroller said:

This week I'm just wearing 48-inch terry nappies, folded in a Chinese fold, which is a neat bit of origami that gives you a built-in booster pad.  I've just taken 6 out of the washing machine that were all I needed for 48 hours.

That sounds like a neat fold. I'll have to try that.

6 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

That sounds like a neat fold. I'll have to try that.

Chinese fold is called "Origami Fold" in a .png I found with various folds:

image.thumb.png.ba44bc2d07a493a448a537e50905fea0.png

32 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

Chinese fold is called "Origami Fold" in a .png I found with various folds:

image.thumb.png.ba44bc2d07a493a448a537e50905fea0.png

I use it from time to time and yes, this fold is it's own booster.  Unless you're fairly slender (and I am not), you'll find it easier with a 60" x 60" square and I can usually get 12 hours out of one of those.  Folded, the architecture is such that there is a lot of padding where it is needed.  There is minimal padding around your hips so if you're a side sleeper, make sure your plastic pants are secure because you're going to need them.  If I'm wearing terries during the day, they will probably be folded this way.  After a couple of very minor side leaks, I've tended back to kite folding for nights.

The first time I folded this way, it was a bit of a mission but after a few practices, it's pretty easy.

For boosters in general, for the most part I don't but I have discovered that an Abena L4 + Abri-let booster is nearly as good as a BetterDry and fractionally cheaper.

4 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

Chinese fold is called "Origami Fold" in a .png I found

It's got lots of names - e.g. bat, butterfly, angel wings.  Here's where I learned it from - there's other folds there I haven't tried yet as well.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:34 AM, nappylover78 said:

In summary - it's not always worth it.

I love using boosters for when I know I can’t change for a long period of time (car rides, long days of classes, etc.) because they greatly increase capacity. I like Northshore boosters and something to keep in mind is you can reduce the leak guard issue by using a booster that isn’t quite as wide as the core of the diaper. Also they do add a little bulkiness, but it’s wherever you put the booster, so it can be in the front/underneath area, not the butt.