LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Message - You Are Not Permitted To Use This Board

I have BT Broadband (in the UK) and cannot get on to this forum and am presented with the message 'you are not permitted to use this board'. I have tried changing IP addresses which made no difference and cleared the cache of my browser but still can't get in. I am on a PC using a different provider at the moment so can get in. Have you banned a whole range of IP addresses?

Looking at the InvisionBoard website - that is the message you receive if your IP address has been banned.

I have BT Broadband (in the UK) and cannot get on to this forum and am presented with the message 'you are not permitted to use this board'. I have tried changing IP addresses which made no difference and cleared the cache of my browser but still can't get in. I am on a PC using a different provider at the moment so can get in. Have you banned a whole range of IP addresses?

Looking at the InvisionBoard website - that is the message you receive if your IP address has been banned.

Yeah, it's happened to me before (on BT too). It's an anti-spam measure but all anti-spam systems occasionally bite real users. A PM to DD fixed things.

Another thing you could try would be to open your router/modem's config page and disconnect then reconnect (try this link, but it'll only work for people with a BT "Voyager" type modem/router). If you can't reach the config page you could always turn the modem off then on again to reconnect too. The result will be that you're assigned a new IP address, hopefully outside the blocked range of addresses.

To be honest, I'm fed up of BT Internet. Their customer support is rubbish and completely reliant on their damn flowcharts rather than basic common sense. I'll be giving them the heave-ho as soon as my contract is up in May.

Thanks for that info - I can see where the moderators are coming from but it is a pretty large blanket to through to combat spam - InvisionBoard like PHPBB, VB, etc all have various addons for tackling spam and blocking ranges of IP addresses seems to be too untargetted.

I have tried getting a new IP address but it didn't make any difference.

It's likely to slow you down a bit, but you could try connecting to the board through a proxy server - that way the proxies IP would be read by the site, not yours.

Here is a list of some free proxy servers

Other free ones can be found by doing a search for "Free Proxy".

The problem with a free one is that they seem to be up and down frequently, and usually slow you down a lot.

I don't know off hand where, but there are also paid proxy serers availible, they are pretty reliable, and don't slow you down that much.

I, too, am blocked and it appears that my entire ISP has been blacklisted. I can access the whole site save for the Invision forums/blogs. I get the "you are not permitted to use this board" message as well. My ID itself is not locked but after flipping among three IP's within my ISP, I'm still blocked. I've tried a few different proxies and it is definitely not an issue with the board software itself other than the blockage of my IP block.

DailyDi, HELP!

I, too, am blocked and it appears that my entire ISP has been blacklisted. I can access the whole site save for the Invision forums/blogs. I get the "you are not permitted to use this board" message as well. My ID itself is not locked but after flipping among three IP's within my ISP, I'm still blocked. I've tried a few different proxies and it is definitely not an issue with the board software itself other than the blockage of my IP block.

DailyDi, HELP!

Well, when attempting to use a proxy for this purpose, you DEFINATELY DO NOT want a transparent one! (transparent proxies still show your actually IP to whatever you are connecting to), idealisitally you want a High Annymous one (that will block your true IP, Web browser type, exc. - it the Max. privatecy you will get [other than "chain proxies"]), a plain Annymous proxy will hide your IP, but reveil browser, OS, exc. (sometimes this is best for just getting in to sites if your ISP has been banned). By "hide IP" what I mean is it shows the server you are connecting to the proxies IP not your true IP.

If you want to check what IP is actually being seen by servers you can test it by going to http://www.whatismyipaddress.com

Same thing has happend to me, and I dont know why. One day I tried to log in, and suddenly my IP address was apparently banned. So I have to use Utunnel.net to be able to post here. I emailed DD, but of course I recieved no response, even after four emails to them concerning my problem. And whats even worse, is they post MY pictures on their site of my wife, but apparantly feel im not important enough to be able to log in, go figure. So i cant use chat cuz u cant chat through an anonymizer. Meh, whatever, but yeah, I have been having the same problem for like 5 months now. Welcome to the club.

I have cleared all IP bans we had in place.

As of 2 minutes ago, I still am not having any luck. I get the "You are not permitted" message and can't logon, even though I logged on via the proxy so it is not an id/password problem.

Thanks for looking into it but there is something still not permitting some of us in.

As of 2 minutes ago, I still am not having any luck. I get the "You are not permitted" message and can't logon, even though I logged on via the proxy so it is not an id/password problem.

Thanks for looking into it but there is something still not permitting some of us in.

It's nothing we are doing. Try clearing your cache and resetting your ip

Hi - I have cleared my cache, tried a different browser, changed my IP address - nothing has made any difference. The only way I can get to this forum now is via a internet cafe machine or running proxy server software on my webserver which screws up all the fancy features of this board. It is a shame about this issue really - I came here from Diaper Girls because they went pay access and this site was far, far better. Don't really want to go elsewhere!!

It's nothing we are doing. Try clearing your cache and resetting your ip

Due to the nature of this site, I clear my cache and other personal data on exit every single time. I've tried Firefox, IE, two different machines and none can access the IPB sections. Most odd. This is one I could sink my teeth into if I had some logs or something to work with.

Due to the nature of this site, I clear my cache and other personal data on exit every single time. I've tried Firefox, IE, two different machines and none can access the IPB sections. Most odd. This is one I could sink my teeth into if I had some logs or something to work with.

Putting in an ticket with Invision to see if they can help.

Here's what I get when I try to logon, the only link that works under "Useful Links" is the "Contact Admin" and all others return to this screen:

untitled.JPG

That sucks guys! but please understand DD is trying. Give him alittle slack he didn't design this board, let alone the faults that come with it. Give him a chance at least he made "Them" fix chat!!!!

Quite a few people have had that same screen come up. I had it when I was at home a couple of months ago and was only able to get back in when I came back to uni. And I didn't know any other way to get in like you have been able to do.

It did used to be mainly UK members I think which used to be affected by this problem. But now it seems to have spread across.

Quite a few people have had that same screen come up. I had it when I was at home a couple of months ago and was only able to get back in when I came back to uni. And I didn't know any other way to get in like you have been able to do.

It did used to be mainly UK members I think which used to be affected by this problem. But now it seems to have spread across.

this is the message i get also trying to get on to chat

Connecting...

Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission {ipb.vars['ibirc_server']} resolve)

That sucks guys! but please understand DD is trying. Give him alittle slack he didn't design this board, let alone the faults that come with it. Give him a chance at least he made "Them" fix chat!!!!

Seriously, I think 5 months and four emails is enough, i have given them their chance, they need to fix it. Also, I don't want to see any more pics of my wife in your photo gallery if i cant even use your board or chat. You guys need to fix this problem,

Seriously, I think 5 months and four emails is enough, i have given them their chance, they need to fix it. Also, I don't want to see any more pics of my wife in your photo gallery if i cant even use your board or chat. You guys need to fix this problem,

There's no need to take your Bat & Ball home trancefreek :whistling: Daily Di has said he's doing all he can to get the problem fixed.

D :) lly

There's no need to take your Bat & Ball home trancefreek :whistling: Daily Di has said he's doing all he can to get the problem fixed.

D :) lly

Well, I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that I have emailed them numorous times about this problem for the past five months and have not recieved anything back from them. I just think that's kinda lame, and it becomes rather frustrating.

I'm not bitching, I'm just trying to be informative and help get this resolved. I understand the issues with supporting software you didn't write. I just want to be factual and hopefully get back without having to use a proxy.

Any word? It is still broken for me. I'm going to see if I can create a new ID, blockedbotox to see if it will let me use a different ID. Something is still afoot. Do you have any logs you can look at? There has to be some evidence of me being rejected somewhere.

Thanks again.

OK, I created a new ID and it will not allow that one on either. It is definitely something to do with either the IPs, the domain or something larger than my ID. I also attempted to reset my lost password to see if that acted differently. Everything IPB takes me to the screen I've previously posted, no exceptions.

Any word? Can you look at the logs for errors? Surely something is showing up. I'll examine them with full confidence I'm only looking for the problem. I'd only need the snippet of this morning (4/20/2007 6:30AM-7:00AM CDT) log to see if my IP or ISP is showing anything. I'll even sign an NDA if that's what it takes to get this resolved because if I can find it for myself, the others will be similarly blocked and the restoration of service to all should be simple once we narrow it down to an issue.