LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing a diaper while flying

Young1

Has anyone hone through TSA while wearing a diaper? Ive thought aboit wearing one but what if i get body scanned and they pat me down.... what do i say...... how do i not get embarassed? Should i wait to put one on til after tsa??? Younger guy here under 30.....

Many many times. The key is to make sure you change (if wet) before going through security, especially the body scanner. If your diaper is wet it will trigger the scanner where a TSA agent will pull you aside for a pat down or possibly for a disrobement inspection (in a separate room of course away from the public). Wearing baggy clothes helps conceal the extra padding and not provide any unusual visual cues that would trigger a pat down or inspection. I have have gone through TSA security for years using the above tips with no problems. If you do get "inspected" while padded just explain that you need them for medical needs and leave it at that. Most TSA agents are professional enough to finish their work quickly with the least amount of embarrassment to you or themselves. The thing to remember is  TSA agents have seen it all and people of all ages wearing diapers are no exception.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mr Urge Incontinent said:

Many many times. The key is to make sure you change (if wet) before going through security, especially the body scanner. If your diaper is wet it will trigger the scanner where a TSA agent will pull you aside for a pat down or possibly for a disrobement inspection (in a separate room of course away from the public). Wearing baggy clothes helps conceal the extra padding and not provide any unusual visual cues that would trigger a pat down or inspection. I have have gone through TSA security for years using the above tips with no problems.

The thing to remember is the TSA agents have seen it all and adults wearing diapers are no exception.

Thank you i mean ive never done it amd kind of new to the lifestlye. Bit i enjoy just wearing them. But i do usually wear baggy clothes (sweatpants, pajama pants, etc). Im sure i wont be wet but im just worried about the looks from other people if they hear me say "a diaper" to an agent. 

7 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Can't say there's been many times in the past twenty years I've not been diapered going through security.

I guess if you do it enough times you get used to it and dont get bothered by it. But im new to wearing them. Ive alwats had an interest and luckily my partner thinks its hot that i like to wear them but im really self conscious at times and this has been on mind for the last day or so. Plus i hide it from my family amd ny friends, because im younger and am in the car community amd would be mortified if someone found out and outted me. 

Most of the time it isn't a problem unless you make it one. Discretion is the key along with self confidence. I use diapers out of necessity and likewise treat them like any other form of under clothing. In your case, just own the fact that you need/wear them for your own personal reasons and carry on accordingly. 99% of the time most people don't really care what your're wearing provided that it doesn't in any way effect or invade their personal space. This is especially true in public places full of strangers like airports.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Young1 said:

Has anyone hone through TSA while wearing a diaper? Ive thought aboit wearing one but what if i get body scanned and they pat me down.... what do i say...... how do i not get embarassed? Should i wait to put one on til after tsa??? Younger guy here under 30.....

I travel seventy percent of the year and wear diapers permanently.  I can personally promise you that simply having a wet diaper does not flagged you in a body scanner.  Having a completely soaked diaper most of the time does but not always.  For example, many times after a long international flight there is not enough time or no bathroom to change my diaper in before getting through customs and heading for my connecting domestic flight.  You must clear security again and I have done so many times with a soaked diaper.  I have never been pulled aside and patted down in this situation.

As far as being pulled aside be calm and allow the TSA officer to do their job.  I have never found one TSA officer who realized I was wearing a diaper and treated me with disrespect.  Generally you do not even have to let them know you are diapered.  If you are not wearing a onesie then they will see thw waistband of your diaper when they check inside the waistband of your pants.  They always check the waistband first and once they see you are diapered they understand the bulkiness between your legs when they use the back of their hand against your crotch. 

I have been asked several times what I was wearing and I simply say a diaper.  I tried to use the word incontinence products in the past but that had confused some TSA agents.  Everyone seems to know what a diaper is.

About six or seven times I have been asked to go to a secondary room for further inspection.  Of those times I have had to pull my pants down four times.  Once I was even wearing a Rearz Princess diaper.  The TSA agents were always very nice and respectful.  

In short wearing diapers while flying is honestly not a big deal.  Have condidence and most importantly enjoy the benifits wearing diapers afford you while flying. 

• Like 1

If you have TSA pre-check, you don’t go through a body scanner. You go through a metal detector. 

Otherwise, wait until after security to get padded. Use a family or companion care restroom.

Or pad up and go through the body scanner and just decide not to be embarrassed. They’re just your underwear. Just don’t go through wet.

Been through airports whilst padded three times and never had a problem with any scanners or anything. The advice I had was try to make sure you are dry when going through but I'm not sure it matters all that much. On the off-chance that you do get stopped explain what you're wearing and why (you can say bladder control problems or something) and there won't be a problem.

Bear in mind I haven't dealt with the TSA who have a nasty reputation. My experience is with English security and Canadian security.

6 hours ago, Young1 said:

Thanks guys for the words of wisdom and courage

You just gotta own it. If I’m ever stopped in security or someone confronts me about using the family or companion care restroom, I’m prepared to just say it like it is: I was Changing my diaper, and mind your own business.

I have flown diapered several times and even though I am not incontinent, I was glad I did.  Airport bathrooms and airplane lavatories are often nasty, it was nice to not have to hassle with their facilities, even if it is only for #1.  Plus, they are comfy.

that said, I have never gone through TSA wearing.  I pack a few changes in my carry-on and make sure I only leave clothing in the bag when scanned.  I remove everything else (liquids, toiletries, cables, batteries, etc.). The carry on has never been searched.  I then find a family restroom and diaper up.  

joey

I do know when the first body scanners were introduced if your diaper was wet it triggered an inspection. This largely was because of threats like the underwear bomber and the scanner settings were set too conservative. Over time as millions of people have gone through the machine a more accurate statistical base line has been developed and the scanner settings were adjusted accordingly along with operator training.

I too have had to go through a scanner with a wet diaper due to time constraints and didn't have a problem. However if you are wearing a soaked diaper that can hold a huge amount of liquid like a NorthShore MegaMax, the probabilities go up that the scanner will trigger an inspection. From what I understand it has to do with mass density that isn't proportionally distributed for the body shape.

With PreCheck you usually go through the WTMD but you can be sent to the nudoscan.    I've not had a problem either way (though I always am sure to be clean and dry before going through security).

I have worn diapers many times through security. I went through a secondary screening twice. Once when my diaper was wet. The other time it showed up on the scanner, and they needed to verify what it was. Both times the TSA person was more embarrassed than I was.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here in the Netherlands at AMS Schiphol airport they have those millimetre scanners, where they can see something on a screen if it detects organic materials. 

I found that if I change myself before going through, it’s usually no problem. I went trough once when I was in a rush because my train got delayed. On the train I peed a bit, so the scanner went off. I just told them I wear a diaper because I sometimes drip after a surgery. They didn’t think much of it, and just did a quick pat down. 

I also got a tip from the lady. If you’re embarrassed my it, take it off when checking in, and then put it a clean one on just after security. 

I have always been a little leery about going through security diapered.  I have gone through TSA security wearing a pull up and pp, luckily I am able to be assigned pre-checked which is just the metal detector and not the full body scanner.  If I know I will have to go through the full body scanner, I will go through without wearing a diaper and put one immediately once through security.  Once I was running late, had a mix up at the ticket counter had wound up going through the full body scanner with a dry pull-up and pp.  Nothing was said and I wasn't pulled off to the side.  Needless to say, it has a lot to do with the airport and the TSA crews.

I'm TSA-Pre, so I don't have to go through the scanners, but I've worn pull ups to go through both the scanner and detector.   It is typically dry when I go through TSA and in the USA I've never had an issue.   I pack a diaper in my carry on and put it on once I get through security.

I went to Europe and Asia this summer and wore diapers on all of my flights.   That meant we had to go through security at transfer airports, which I did in CDG and DOH.    Much like the USA, I went through the original security line in a Pull UP, and then put put my diaper on in the bathroom. 

I dinged in Paris, and I can't remember if they patted me down.  My diaper was damp, but soggy.  They ran the explosive residue test and let me on my way.  It didn't affect the speed to get through security, and I had ample time at the gate.   It was an older lady manning the line, and if she knew- she didn't look at all surprised.    In Doha I dinged and the guy felt the padding and asked what it was- which was a stupid question.   They needed to check to see if it was explosive, but he seemed nervous about it.    It was a younger guy and I presume not very experienced.   That took a while because he had to have his supervisor come in to pat me down and I had to drop my pants.    Not a great experience, but again- I'm just wearing a diaper and they let me on my way.   

I think you're better off if you're dry when you clear security, and pull ups are thin enough that they pass through most pat downs.