LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When you have a UTI, what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Other than antibiotics and AZO, what if anything do you do make it a little better?

Warm bath and a heating pad (not at the same time) and cranberry juice or supplements are things everyone knows. What has your experience taught you?

• Like 1

I've had a few UTI's, mostly caused by catheter play. After I went to the doc 3 times with UTI's,  he started getting suspicious, since he said it's rare for males to get UTI's, with the design of our plumbing... Since then, I've treated a few UTI's myself, with good results. What I do is buy a half gallon of cranberry juice, and do a "cranberry flush".  I drink the whole container of juice over a period of 4 to 5 hours... Nothing else... No food, water, milk, or anything else. The cranberry juice has no antibiotic properties, but the acid content in it changes the PH level of urine, and apparently the UTI bacteria can't live in it.

I didn't just pull this info outa my butt,  I found it over several sites on the web. It may not work for everyone, but it's worked for me every time.

11 hours ago, diaperwearntigger said:

Antibiotics never work for me.  I usually go two rounds of antibiotics and it doesn't touch it.  This last time, a few months ago, I tried CBD oil instead as I've read it does do the trick.  I will never use antibiotics again.

This surprises me that antibiotics do not work for you. They’ve always worked for me and results start within 24 hours. And not knowing anything about CBD oil I’m even more surprised that it works over antibiotics. What I do know it that the first sign on a UTI you gotta jump on it to get it corrected. UTIs are nothing to play with

Antibiotics , depending on which one , all have unique requirements, some need fluids others are nullified by interaction with other medicines, you really need to read up on them and take them properly.

sometimes certain foods will dampen their effect.

do your research first, then take the full course.

the worst way to take them is by not paying attention.

I get them frequently.  And antibiotics do not work for me very often.  I have gotten kidney infections because the antibiotics do not work.  It's my body.  Even when I was younger antibiotics didn't work well for me when I would get strep throat.  As soon as I got off the antibiotics I would get strep throat again.  They took my tonsils out when I was 5 and that was in 1975.  

CBD oil is wonderful!  It got rid of my UTI.  It's all natural.  No poison like antibiotics.  It has helped with so many other things as well.  

Antibiotics work great for me. I feel better after the first dose. I’m more intent on solving the structural issues that are causing this to happen. Out of 10,000 men under age 50, only 5 to 8 will get a UTI this year, and I’ve now had two this year. I’m committing to PT as hard core as I can.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:22 AM, Alex Bridges said:

Antibiotics work great for me. I feel better after the first dose. I’m more intent on solving the structural issues that are causing this to happen. Out of 10,000 men under age 50, only 5 to 8 will get a UTI this year, and I’ve now had two this year. I’m committing to PT as hard core as I can.

I had kind of assumed that with male anatomy and mainly being wet only, my risk factor for UTI would not be significantly changed by being diapered.  8 months of 24/7 with zero effort at practicing continence and no dramas but am I missing something here? 

4 hours ago, oznl said:

I had kind of assumed that with male anatomy and mainly being wet only, my risk factor for UTI would not be significantly changed by being diapered.  8 months of 24/7 with zero effort at practicing continence and no dramas but am I missing something here? 

My getting UTIs is caused my a narrow prostate. It’s got nothing to do with diapers.

• Like 1

I can usually flush a UTI out by drinking a lot of water. There have been a few times that I have gone into the doctor for a UTI and the doctor said that the results showed little infection because the drinking of water flushes it out of your system. However, a few years ago I had a UTI that I did not even know I had, I went to urgent care for dehydration due to stomach virus and was told that I had a UTI. I ended up in the emergency room a few days later and the UTI had not gotten better with antibiotics and had actually started affecting my kidney function. Be careful with UTI's. If I feel one coming on I drink extra water and take AZO cranberry.

19 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

My getting UTIs is caused my a narrow prostate. It’s got nothing to do with diapers.

Well sorry to hear that but from a personal perspective, "phew!!"...  I've seen a couple of 24/7 folk get nasty UTI around DD and whilst I'm (somewhat) ok with the idea of dependency, actually hurting myself is definitely not on the game plan. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've used organic apple cider vinegar, the one with "the mother" if it don't have the mother it won't work.

Put two table spoons of the apple cider in a whisky tumbler - high ball glass add a table spoon of honey , top up with water stir to mix and drink. Twice a day. Kills it off every time for me.