LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Inheritance

I had a terrible day.   I pushed through the door of my apartment and threw aside my overcoat.   I was mad and frustrated.    I headed toward the bedroom shucking out of my suit, followed by my underwear.   I grabbed a t-shirt and pulled it on, and made my way to the bathroom.   I opened up the linen closet and pulled out an item and got it on.   The one little self-indulgence I had.

It was a diaper.    It made me feel a little better.   More relaxed.     I don’t know why.   I had discovered them years ago when I was a young teen.    I was doing some searches on the internet when I tripped over the ABDL scene.    The concept both frightened and intrigued me.   I read stories about kids forced back into diapers, and the idea initially scared me.    But then I fantasized about it.   Once I had a driver’s license I headed over to another town and bought some.    I would sneak wearing one from time to time.

Then my mom found my stash.    It led to another argument with my parents out of the many.    Even back then my life wasn’t happy.    The one bright side was Uncle Ted.    When things got me down at home or school, I could go over to his house and talk or just hang out.   He always seemed to understand.   When my parents and I argued over my college plans, Ted was there to advise me.

I never knew just what Ted did for a living.   Some sort of electronics or computers.   He always had neat gadgets around the house and great video games.   Sometimes we’d sit there for hours playing them.   Ted told me that when I graduated high school, I needed to make my own decisions.   My parents were already making it clear I’d get no financial assistance from them, so what did their opinions as to my career field matter.

My father told me I should get a degree in computers or engineering or something I could get a job at.   My grades were good, and I was pretty good at basic math, but calculus eluded me, and I didn’t have a knack or interest for computers like Uncle Ted.   What I wanted to do was go into finance.   Be one of those investment bankers or the like.

“Well, if I had a million dollars,” Ted said.   “I would give it to you to invest for me.”    He chuckled.   That was Ted.    Yeah, it would be nice if he could do that.

My grades were good enough to get into the state university, and I did major in finance and business affairs.   While there were some good foundation courses, I spend most of my time in the library and on the internet, devouring the financial media.   I had to find out how things worked.    And there was nothing so relaxing to me as sitting in my dorm room in a diaper reading Forbes.   

And I probably should have listened to my father because when I graduated, I had a hard time getting into the industry.    Nobody wanted to hire a guy fresh out of college.    I was living on ramen going from job to job.   I didn’t even have Uncle Ted to bounce things off as he had moved to Texas or California or something, and I hadn’t heard from him other than the odd email.   And luxuries like a bag of diapers was out of the question.

Finally, I was sitting in the office of a middle manager doing some hiring.   Frankly, I didn’t care for the guy from the moment I met him, but I was desperate.    He outright sneered at my resume.    He told me that they didn’t need someone without any practical knowledge of the industry.   I told him that I likely did and to name a subject.    He did, and it was one I had read up in my extracurricular studies.    I launched into a ten-minute analysis.   He gave a wry smile and said, perhaps they could use me.

That was four years ago.     The job did give me a comfortable living.   I could buy diapers again.   I contemplated the idea of wearing them 24/7.    Two things really stopped me.   First was the price.   While my living was comfortable, it wasn’t extravagant.    Going through diapers by the case would be costly.  Second, I was highly worried about being caught out at work.   Oh, I had done it.    I had to leave the building for lunch to do a change, but I was nervous, so I didn’t do it much.

Yet, at work, I was frustrated that I wasn’t advancing.    My boss liked to take credit for everything his underlings did, and I was OK with that.   I was keen on hooking myself to as the indispensable number two man to an ambitious manager.   But this guy wasn’t ambitious.   He was content to stay in his station and exploit his workers to remain in that position.    I was going nowhere.

Last year I came up with a great idea for the company and worked out a plan on my own time complete with revenue projections.     I had shown it to my boss, and he tossed it on his credenza and said he’d get to it.    A month later I inquired, and he said he said he was running it up the chain of command.    That made me feel better temporarily.    But then when I made inquiries with friends elsewhere in the company, nobody seemed to have seen it.

That night I had come home like I had tonight and diapered up.   I was sitting drinking a beer when the doorbell rang.    In a slight panic I ran into the bedroom and pulled on a pair of sweatpants.    I came back to the door and opened it.

“Uncle Ted!” I said with delight.    “What are you doing here?”

“I had to be in town to conduct some personal business, and I thought I’d take you out to dinner.”

“Sure, great.   Let me put on some better clothes.”   Not did I think that I needed to put on something better than sweats, I was nervous about wearing a diaper around Uncle Ted.

“Sure,  I could use your bathroom while I’m waiting.”

I directed him to the bathroom, and I went into the bedroom and shut the door.   I took off the sweats and peeled off the diaper.    I tossed it into the closet for now.    I got regular underwear on and pulled out a pair of casual trousers.     I went back to find Uncle Ted smiling in the living room.

“Ready?” he asked.

He took me to the best restaurant in town and asked me how things were going.   I gave a non-committal answer.    

"Well, if I had a million dollars, I’d invest with your firm.”   It was a rehash of the old pipe dream.

“Well, if you did have a million dollars.  I’d help you invest it, but I’d probably recommend you don’t use my firm.”

I detailed to him all the grief I was having at work.    He just smiled.     It was great talking to him again.   Dinner ended, and he insisted on picking up the check.     I was just sorry that the evening had ended.

So here I was a year later.   I found out from my boss today that he decided to sit on my proposal because he thought it was too risky.     Yes, the man had no ambition whatsoever.   I mulled over the idea of going over his head or maybe trying to jump ship to another firm that might be more receptive.

The phone rang.   It was mom.   She rarely called me, so I knew something was up.

“I just wanted to let you know that Teddy died.”   Dad always called him Teddy.   I guess his nickname from growing up.    It hit me hard.    It wasn’t like I was that close to Teddy anymore, but he was more like family to me than anybody else.

“Is there going to be a funeral?” I asked.

“I think he was already cremated or something.    There might have been something down in Florida where he had been living.    He hasn’t talked to anybody in the rest of the family for years.”

Well, maybe not to you.    I had dinner with him last year, and I got an occasional email from him.   But I knew there was animosity between him and my dad.     That’s probably why mom hadn’t heard from him.    The fact I spent time with Uncle Ted was always a sore point with mom and dad.    When I finally asked mom alone why dad didn’t want me around his brother.

“Well, we never see Ted being serious with a woman.   Your father thinks he’s gay.”

I did know Ted went out with women.   But it was true he never seemed to have a long term relationship.    “So?   I don’t think he is.   But what if he was.   It’s not contagious.   Even if it was, so what?”

This started another round of arguments, and I was in no mood to have one with mom now over the phone.   I thanked her for the news and hung up.

I went and got a beer from the fridge and drank it down fast.   I grabbed another.    I soon had to pee and let loose in the diaper.    I sat there, mourning in the wetness.

A few weeks later, I was sitting at my desk, and the phone rang.

“Jacob Moore,” I answered.

“Hello, my name is Janet Green from the law firm of Asher and Green in Miami,” a female voice on the line said.

This was different.   “What can I do for you, Ms. Green?”

“I represent the estate of Theodore Moore.    I understand you are his nephew.”    That wasn’t a question.    She was just explaining.     My mind raced ahead.   Estate?    Did Uncle Ted have some money?   Did he leave it to me?   I wondered how much.   

I put my analytical mind.    Well, he always said “if he had a million,” so it probably wasn’t that much.   However, partners in law firms wouldn’t call heirs over some piddling amount.    Maybe I was in for something in the five figures.

“Mr. Moore?” Ms. Green interrupted my thoughts.

“Oh, I’m sorry.   Call me Jake, please.”

“You can call me Janet, then.”

“So, did Uncle Ted leave me something?”

“Yes.   You were, in fact, his only heir.    We are just finalizing all the tax and other issues, but we estimate the residual value to you to be around twenty-one million.”

I lost my breath.

“Did you say, twenty-one MILLION?”

“Yes, didn’t you know?   Your uncle was quite well off after he sold his company last year.     Most of it isn’t really well invested.  He parked it all in mutual funds.     His only other real tangible asset is the house in Key West.”

So he was living in Key West.   That’s why the lawyer was calling from Miami.

“Mutual funds?”

“Yes, not a very elaborate investment scheme.   He had stated that he wanted to hire you to do something creative with it.   I guess he felt like he had more time.”

“What happened?”

“He was discovered with a very aggressive cancer.    He went down fast at the end.   It wasn’t a prolonged illness.”

I was thankful for that.

“So what’s next?” I asked.

“It will take us a few more weeks to get the estate resolved and everything transferred to your name.    But I have some funds in a trust account here I can transfer to you immediately if you like.   It will give you something to start with.”

I provided her with my bank information and she signed off saying she would call me in a few days.     I needed a drink, but it was only ten in the morning.   I walked down to the coffee pot and stood there drinking a cup.   Had this just happened?    Was I dreaming?   Over twenty million dollars?

Ten minutes later my phone chimed.    I brought up my banking application.   I sat there staring at it.   There was a balance of half a million dollars.    I was pretty sure this morning there had only been a few thousand.   Well.

I made my mind up to quit the firm.    I took inventory as to what I was doing.    This could be easy to transfer to other workers.    I could give the customary two-week notice.    I went to see my boss, but he was out.   I went back to my office.    What the hell.   I opened up the web browser on my computer and ordered diapers.     I didn’t care now.   I could go 24/7.   I bought heavy ones and lighter ones.   I bought fancy ones with teddy bears on them.    I could splurge.

Satisfied with my purchases, I headed back to the boss’s office.   He was in this time.

“Are you here to dog me about that proposal again?” he said wearily.

“No, sir.    I’m here to give my two-week notice.  I’m leaving the company”   That woke him up.   “I figure that will give enough time to transition my work on to others.”

“You know you can’t take that proposal to another firm.   Your work is our property.”

What a butthead, I thought.    I wasn’t even thinking about that.   And I developed that proposal on my own time, and the company didn’t even consider it.   Now it was “their property.”

“You know, that isn’t going to be a concern.   I won’t be going to another company.   I’ll be busy investing my own twenty million dollars.    Note that it won’t be with this company.   In fact, since you have continued to be a butthead.”   He looked shocked at me calling him that, but I had enough.

“I don’t think I’ll even give you two weeks, or two minutes.   You can consider my resignation effective now.”    I turned and walked out.    I walked down to the HR department and politely informed them of my departure.    They wanted an exit interview, but I told them I’d mail it in.   I left the few things I had of the company, my desk keys, and my ID and left the building.

I made my way home and got undressed.   I looked at what remained of the bag of diapers.   It might just be enough to tide me over until my orders arrived.   If not, I’ll find a local store from which to buy some.    I got into a diaper and then went to my dresser and scooped up all my underpants.    I stuffed them in a trash bag and tied it up.    I set it by the front door.    Perhaps I’ll throw them out.   Perhaps, I’ll just stash them somewhere, but for the time being, I was 24/7.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

After a day of continuous wearing, I realized that I needed to make some adjustments.    First, I was getting a little bit of a rash, so I headed out to Target and started into the baby section.    Most of the diaper creams smelled pretty bad, but this stuff called “Butt Paste” didn’t seem to bad.   A cartoon baby smiled at me from the outside of the tube.   I guess I have always been more of a DL than an AB, but I had time to kill, so I cruised through the rest of the baby section.

I found the diaper bags.   I figured if I was going to spend my time in diapers, I needed one.   I found one that was a small black backpack.   It didn’t scream baby, but it did have compartments for all sorts of things like diapers, wipes, and the like.    I threw that into the basket.   There were changing tables, but they weren’t sized for me.   Maybe I could get something custom made.    I looked at the clothing.   A onesie might be nice.   None of these would fit me.   But I could order one online.

A few days later, Janet called again from Miami.   “We have some things to go over with you.   You might find it easier if you could come down here.”

“Is there a reading of the will?” I asked.

“That doesn’t happen outside of the movies.   We’ve already read it.   If you want to do so, you can do it at your leisure.   No, we have lots of papers for you to sign.   I could FedEx them all up to you if you like.”

I looked out the window.   It was starting to snow here.   No, Miami would be a better idea.

“I’ll fly down.”

“Great.   Text me your flight information, and I’ll have someone meet you at the airport.”

I went online and found there was a flight leaving in a couple of hours.   That would give me just enough time to pack and get to the airport.   I looked at the fares.   Of course, there was no reason not to go first class.    I threw some clothes in my suitcase.    It occurred to me that I’d need diapers down there for the duration of my stay.    First-class passengers get two bags.   I filled a second with diapers and got out my diaper bag and loaded that up.   My computer nicely fit into the diaper bag so I wouldn’t need two.    I texted Janet might flight information and headed to the airport.    Checking in was a breeze when you have a first-class ticket.  

With a little trepidation, I put my diaper bag on the conveyor into the X-ray machine and was directed t the body scanner.    Would it read my diaper?   I stood there with my hands up for a second, and then the screener waved me through.   All good.   Soon I was on board and drinking a glass of champagne.

A few more drinks on the flight, and I was feeling quite good when I got off the plane in Miami.   As I exited the secure area, I saw a woman in a business suit holding a sign with my name on it.    “I’m Jacob Green,” I said.

“Hi, Jake.  I’m Janet.    This is Mike, our driver.”   She was indicating a taller man in a black suit.   “Do you have luggage?”

“Two?”

“OK, point them out to Mike, and he’ll take care of them.”  

Soon we were seated in the back of a limousine.

“It’s after our normal business hours, I thought you might like to go to the hotel and then have dinner.    We can start pushing paper in the morning.”

“Sure.”

We pulled into the registration area of a Hilton hotel.    Janet led me to the front desk and I was provided a room key.    Janet suggested I go up to the room and freshen up for a few minutes and then we could go to dinner.

I was happy for that.   I had wet the diaper when I got off the plane and I wanted to change it.    I got to my room and found that it was a suite.   The bellman put my three bags in the bedroom and I slipped him a five.   I opened up the diaper suitcase and grabbed a few took one out.    I changed and went and met Janet.

She was younger than I expected, perhaps not much older than me.   I told her I wasn’t expecting a senior partner as young as her.

She laughed.   “I’m not a senior partner.   The Green in ‘Asher and Green’ is my father.”   That explained it.    She told me that tomorrow they’d provide me with the inventor to the estate.   There were lots of papers to sign to transfer the assets to my name.   Notably a dozen or so mutual fund accounts, the house in Key West, and the car.

“Car?” I asked.

“Your uncle had a fairly new Mercedes SLK convertible.   I’ve put it in storage here so it doesn’t get damaged.”

Dinner was finished and Janet was saying her good byes.   I made my way up to the sweet and found that the bed had been turned down.   My suitcases had been moved.   I checked the bathroom trash and yes the diaper had been disposed of.    So much for keeping a low profile.   The maids know everything.

The next morning I went down for breakfast and then came back up and did my daily poop.   This time I wrapped the diaper up in a plastic bag before throwing it away.   I showered and dressed.    Janet had arranged to have a car get me.    A little before nine the phone rang and it was the bellman telling me my car was waiting.

Sure enough Janet was right.    I must have signed my name thirty times.    So difficult taking control of twenty million.    She slid a box over.

“These are the keys to the car and the house.    I don’t know what you would like done with them.   We can arrange for them to be sold if you like.   We can have the car shipped to you back home if you like.”

I thought for a minute.   I’d always hard interesting things about Key West.   “I might keep them both.   I guess I should go look at it.”

“You can fly down there if you like.”

“Or I could take the Mercedes.”

“It’s about three hours,” Janet said.   But it’s not an unpleasant ride.

“Would you like to come along?”

“I wish I could,” she said.

So a few hours later with the address of my Key West house in google maps, I set out.    It was a beautiful day to be driving with the top down.   I wish I had brought shorts, but I didn’t think about it given that it was in the twentys back home.   I rolled up my sleeves and made the best of it.   Maybe I could get something in Key West.

I found the house.    It was just a short ways off Duval street.    A small two bedroom with a cute little front porch.    I pulled the car into what passed for a driveway, really not more than a bare spot of sand.   I used my keys to get in.   Things had been shut up for a while so I proceeded to go around opening shades and windows.    The house was sparsley furnished but it had my uncle’s usual collections of computers, games, and gadgets.  I could stay here for a while.   I went and got my bags from the car.

I decided to unpack a bit.    I left the long pants in the suit case.   I’d find some place to buy shorts.  Sandals would be nice, too.     I turned to the diaper suitcase.   I grabbed a armful and headed toward the bathroom.   I spied what appeared to be a linen closet that would be perfect.     I opened it and found it wasn’t empty.    Why should it be.

What I wasn’t expecting was that it already had diapers in it.    Why did Uncle Ted have diapers.   Had he been that sick.   I put mine down on the bed and started looking through them.   These weren’t your usual healthcare diapers.   There were many of the same ones I had.

“Yoohoo,” came a voice.  “Yoohoo.”

A woman maybe in her thirties, maybe older, came in.    She was wearing a lose linen shirt and shorts and sandals.   Her skin was deeply tanned and checkered from years in the sun .  “Hi, are you Teddy’s nephew?”

“Yes,  my name’s Jake.”  I put down the diapers slightly embarrassed and extended my hand.   “He left all this to me, I guess.”

“I’m Kristie.   I live next door.   I saw all the doors and windows open.    So sad about your uncle.   He was a good friend.”   She looked at the pile of diapers on the bed.   “Cleaning Teddy’s diapers out of the closet?”

“You knew Ted wore diapers?” I asked

“Everybody knows Teddy wore diapers.    He’s the Duval Street Diaper Man.”

“I didn’t know that.   Actually, these are my diapers.    I was putting them away when I found the closet I was going to put them in was already full.”

Kristie laughed.   “I guess you two had a lot in common.    Come, I need to show you something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Kristie led me next door to another small house.   The front door was open, and we stepped inside.    On a table just inside were two prominent pictures.    The first was an attractive young man in a Navy uniform.

“That’s my husband,” she said noticing I was looking at the picture.   “He died in an attack on his ship nearly twenty years ago in Yemen.”

I didn’t know what to say.   “I’m so sorry.”

She picked up the frame.    “He loved the Navy.    We were both native conchs.    He always loved hanging out with the sailors off the base.   He wanted so badly to be one.”

“Konk?” I asked.

“Conch, it’s a see animal.”    She pointed to a shell sitting on the table.   “Lives in that shell.   But it’s a word used to refer to a Key West resident.”

I then turned my attention to the other photo.    It was a shot of Kristie and Uncle Ted standing together with an arm around each other.   They both were adorned with beads.   Kristie was wearing tights and a leotard and a tutu skirt.    Uncle Ted was wearing a shirt and a leather vest and just a diaper below.   They both had enormous smiles and were waving with their free hand to whoever took the picture.

“That was Mardi Gras last year.   I loved this picture.    It so embodied the man Teddy was.    He was a friend to everybody.”

“He was a good friend to me growing up,” I said.   “I’m sorry that I’ve not seen him much in recent years.”

“Yes, when he settled here, he hated leaving.   Even to go up to Miami.”

She led me to a small table and presented me with a book.

“Scrapbooking is a hobby of mine.    I’ve been working on this one since Teddy died.”

I opened it up.   The first page had a copy of the same picture that was on the table.    I flipped through it.     There were lots of pictures of Teddy.   Teddy in some sort of parade.   Teddy sitting in a bar.   Teddy on the beach.   Teddy holding a teddy bear.    In most of them he was wearing a diaper with nothing over it.

I flipped the pages.   There was clipping from the newspaper.    It looked like the start of a foot race.   Teddy was standing directing something.     The caption said “Race director Diapered Teddy Moore instructs runners.”    The article talked about Teddy organizing the charity race.     They used the same title Kristie had mentioned, the Duval Street Diaper Man.

“Did Teddy always wear just a diaper?”

“Pretty much.     Oh, he’d wear shorts or long pants if he had to, but most of the time he didn’t.    You can get away with stuff down here.”

I was in awe.   I flipped through the rest of the pages.   There were some other news clippings, often about Diaper Man Teddy’s charity work.   It appears Teddy didn’t just fork over money but actually was actively engaged in the charities.

“I have something else for you.”   She went over to a cabinet and removed an envelope and gave it to me.   “Teddy told me that if you ever showed up down here to give this to you.”

I took it and opened it and unfolded the letter.   It was handwritten and I recognized Uncle Ted’s, Teddy’s script.

My dearest Jake,

I’m writing this letter in the hopes that you will make your way down to the Conch Republic.    You’ve always been special to me.   A son I never had.    I wish I could have spent more time with you, but your parents wouldn’t allow it when you were living with them.   By the time you were out on your own, I was just too occupied with my own life.    Once I had the diagnosis that by the time you read this will have killed me, I didn’t want anybody to take pity on me.   I just wanted to continue living life on my terms.    I’m hoping that what I’ve left you allows you to do the same.

By now you’ve figured out that I wore diapers.   I discovered them about the same age you did.   I kept it under wraps for years as you probably have, until I was in a position to live out my life in the open.    I know you are interested as well as your parents told me when they discovered your diapers.   Your father knew of my interest from our childhood, and he figured that I was encouraging you.    This is why I had to stop seeing you so often.

I stopped reading.    So that was why dad was hostile about me seeing Uncle Ted.   It wasn’t that he was gay, but they thought he was responsible for my diaper interest.   I shook my head.   If I had known.    Uncle Ted and I could have talked about that once I was on my own.   I continued the letter.

I know you continued your interest in diapers.    When I came to visit you, I have to admit I snooped around your bathroom closet and found your stash.  It made my subsequent decisions about you set in my mind.

I hope you have a good life.   I wish I could be there, but that’s not in the cards.   I’m giving this to my neighbor Kristie.   She’s been my best friend since I moved to Key West.    She will be a friend to you as well.

Love,

Teddy.

A tear came to my eye.   I wiped it away.   Yes, Teddy lived life on his terms it seems.   And now I could do the same.    I’d certainly continue wearing diapers.   Whether I could become the diaper man he was, I didn’t know.

Kristie had gone out on her porch.  I guess she decided that I should read the letter in private.   I carefully folded it and put it back in the envelope and put it in my pocket.   I went out to see her.

“I’m starving.   Can I take you out to dinner?”

“Sure,” Kristie said, standing.   “There’s a restaurant on the corner.   It’s not fancy, but the food is good.”

“Great, let’s go.”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This story keeps getting better and reminds me some of your great writings in "Restricted License" and their adventures in Key West.  I have always had my own thing with diapers and Key West, as it often became my playground.

• Like 1

This story is so well written I can't wait for the next chapter.

I wonder if Kristie was Teddy's care taker. If she helped him with

his diaper changes or maybe went a little further. That would be

nice being he is the same as his Uncle Ted.

I'm also wondering what is in the house he never got a chance

to check it out.

Can't wait for the next chapter. ?

The restaurant indeed was nothing fancy.   Open air with picnic tables.    The waitress brought a drink over to Kristie.   I guess she was a regular.  I asked what it is.

“Artisanal rum.”   I ordered one as well.

When delivering my drink, the waitress made a questioning shrug toward Kristie.

“I’m sorry, Kim.   This is Teddy’s nephew, Jake.    Teddy left the house to him.”

“Hi, Jake.   We all loved your uncle.   It’s sad that he’s gone.”

The food was, indeed, not bad.    After dinner we stepped out on to Duval street.   Things were starting to pick up.    A drag queen was hustling down the sidewalk and stopped in front of us.

“Hi, Kristie,” the queen said with elaborate gestures.   “Who’s the hunk?”

“Rose, this is Teddy’s nephew Jake.   Jake, this is rose.”

I reached out to shake hands, but Rose pulled me into a hug.    I was a little uncomfortable with this, but even more so when she reached down and gave my ass a squeeze.    It was brief, however, and she released me.

“I see he’s diapered, too.    How nice.   Are you going to get his pants off him?” she said to Kristie.   I guess that was rhetorical, as Rose continued her movement down the street.   I was a little embarrassed to be called out over my diaper.

“Does everybody know each other?” I asked.  

“Most of the full-time locals do.   Of course, everybody knew Teddy.    I met a lot of people through him.”

We walked back to the house and called it an evening.   I went through the house.    Teddy had left some clothes, but he was a lot bigger than I was, so they weren’t going to be much use.    In a box in a hall closet, I found a few dozen plaques and awards.   I guess Teddy wasn’t one to show these things off.   I looked through the kitchen, and while it was reasonably equipped, there wasn’t any food in it.   I didn’t know if Teddy never ate at home, or did it get cleaned out when he died.

I made an inventory of the diaper stock.    I could probably live for a while on what I brought and what remained of Teddy’s.    I put my diaper suitcase in the closet for now.    I unpacked the other one, substituting my clothes for Teddy’s and put Teddy’s in my bag.    I was planning to stay for a while.

I was tired after it all, so I got undressed except for the diaper.    The next morning I awoke.  It took me a second to orient myself, and then I remembered where I was.    I wet the diaper.    My morning ritual of late had been to eat breakfast, poop, and then shower.   The windows were wide open, and it was a little chilly, so I pulled on a t-shirt.    I mused.    It was probably only about 68 degrees.   At home, it was likely 28 degrees.

I powered up one of Teddy’s computers and got up a web browser.   I searched the local news sites, and sure enough, there were plenty of pictures and mention of the Duval Street Diaper Man.  Teddy certainly was well known in the community.     I pulled out some of the paperwork Janet had give me.   Teddy did everything with E-Trade.   That was fine by me.    It would make it easy for me to properly reinvest it.   I didn’t need the assistance or expense of a broker.

“Yoohoo!” I heard Kristie call again.   She was standing at the front window.   “I brought you some coffee.”

That was a good idea.   I told her to come in.   I almost regretted it as I was sitting there in a diaper with no pants, but she had seen it before.

“I knew you didn’t have any food in the house.    Teddy had me clean it out when he went into hospice.  I have a key.   I should give that back to you.”

“No, you keep it.   I feel safe having you have it in case of emergencies.”

“Thanks.”  Not only did she set down a mug of coffee in front of me but also a pastry.   “My own scones.   I baked them this morning.   They were a favorite of Teddy’s.”

I bit into it.   “I can see why.  They’re fabulous.”

“Thanks,” she managed a little blush under her tan.

“So what’s on your agenda for today,” she asked.

“Well, I guess I better go grocery shopping.   I also want to get some shorts.   I didn’t bring any as it’s the dead of winter back home.”

“So, you’re staying a while?” Kristie said with a tinge of hopefulness.

“Yes, I think so.    I quit my job when I heard about the inheritance.   I have some work to do, but all it takes is a computer.”   I waved my arms over Teddy’s set up.   “More than enough, here to do that.   I don’t have anything tying me to my old home.   Besides, as I said, it’s cold up there.   I’m not sure I’m ready to take over as the diaper man of Duval street.”

Kristie chuckled at this.   “You look good the way you are.”   I realized I’d been sitting here chatting all this time in the diaper.   But as I said, she’d seen it before.

She told me there as a little grocery store about two blocks away, but if I wanted to do some extensive shopping, the Winn-Dixie and Publix were about a mile up route one.    She also said there was a pretty good men’s shop right on Duval.   There were a few bigger stores over by the Publix.

I walked over to the little grocery.    I picked up coffee, eggs, bread, and some cold cuts.   That should hold me for a bit.    I wanted to explore the Key West scene in the evenings, so I figured lunch and dinner were all I needed now.   I carried my purchases home and put them away and then headed out to the menswear store.

Sure enough, they had all manners of shorts.    I picked a few and tried them on.   I was happy that they were designed loose and fit well over the diaper.   “On vacation?” the clerk said.

“Sort of.   I may be moving here.    I inherited a house over on Whitemarsh.”

“You’re one of Teddy’s relatives?”

“His nephew.   Name’s Jake.”

“So sad.   Teddy was a great friend to everybody.”

“I’ve heard that a lot,” I confessed.

“Of course, Teddy didn’t have much need for shorts,” she giggled.

I waved goodbye to her and took my purchases back home.   On the walk, I realized I hadn’t pooped.    I paused and let it rip.    It was so convenient not having to worry about this.    I got home and shucked the diaper off.   I found that Teddy did have a diaper disposal thing in his bathroom.   I got into the shower.    I went out again and found a shoe store and bought some sandals.

I spent the rest of the day going through the rest of Teddy’s things.   In the laundry room, I found a stack of cloth diapers and plastic pants.   I would have to try these.   I’ve not yet worn them.    I had seen Teddy wearing plastic pants in some of the photos, disposables in others, so I guess he went back and forth.   In one of the bathroom drawers, I found diaper pins.   I’d need those.

That night I decided to put on one of the cloth diapers.    It was a new experience, and I liked it.    It was a bit bulkier.   I wasn’t sure even my new shorts might fit over them, but I guess that wasn’t a problem for Teddy.   But for now, I just jumped into bed with just the diapers and plastic pants.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I woke the next morning and wet the diaper before I got out of bed.     I was expecting to feel wetter with the cloth compared to the disposables I had always worn, but I was mistaken.    It continued to feel pretty good.   Eventually, I  changed.    As I was pulling the plastic pants back up, I mused if I was doing to continue wearing these, I’d have to get some in my size.     Ted’s were way baggier than necessary.

I was finishing up when I heard Kristie’s yoohoos at the front door.   I walked out to greet her pulling on a t-shirt.    “I see you found the cloth diapers.    I’m afraid I left them in the laundry room rather than putting them away.    I washed them when I was cleaning up the place.   Teddy hadn’t had time.”

“You’re a good friend, Kristie,” I said.

“A couple of us are meeting over at Blue Heaven.   Sunday brunch there is a Key West institution.”

“Sounds great.   Let me pull on some shorts.”  I grabbed the shorts I wore yesterday and tried to pull them up.    I was right.  They weren’t going to fit over the cloth diapers and plastic pants.    I’d have to change into a disposable.   “This will take a minute,” I said.

“Why don’t you just come the way you are.   It will be fine.   Teddy always did.”

I was about to stammer out that I couldn’t possibly go out like that, but she looked so happily expectant.   I mean, I could go out like that.   Teddy did, and it didn’t seem to have caused him any downside.   He was famous for it.   I thought about it for a second.   What the hell.  This would be another new experience.   

I slipped into the sandals and followed Kristie out the door.      I looked around as if I was concerned we were being followed, but nobody was there.    We made our way down to the corner and over to Duval.     My heart was pounding.   Was I scared, perhaps?   Was I excited?  Who knows?    I looked around to see if I was attracting notice.   Nobody seemed to be paying any attention.

We crossed over Duval, and the side street was a lot quieter.    I started to relax a bit.   A cool breeze brushed over my thighs.    It was odd being so exposed.    My heart started to pound again as we approached the restaurant.  The Blue Heaven was another semi-open-air type place.   Friends of Kristie’s waved us over to a table.

People did stare a bit at me as I came through the restaurant.   I thought I heard someone giggling, but when I looked around, everybody was minding their own business.

“This is Jake.   He’s Teddy’s nephew.   Teddy left the house to him.”  Kristie explained to the rest of the group.

“I see you're carrying on your uncle’s tradition,” one of the women said.

“That was Kristie’s idea,” I said.   “I’ve been wearing diapers for a while.”  I paused.   “Under my clothes.  I didn’t know about this side of Teddy.”

“Teddy was a good friend to us,” another chimed in.   They all took turns introducing themselves.   Other than the initial observation about me following in Teddy’s footsteps, nobody seemed to give any concern to my diapered state.    Neither did the waitress when she came and took our orders. 

Some other people stopped over during our meal, but the only introduction I needed as “Teddy’s nephew.”   Everybody praised Teddy and expressed regrets over his death.

After eating, we stood on the street, talking.    I had to pee, and I was a little self-conscious about it, but I stared off in the distance and got it going.

I heard giggling, and one of the girls said, “He has that same look when he’s peeing that Teddy had.”   I blushed over being caught out wetting my diaper, but I had to laugh, too.  

“I didn’t realize it was that obvious.”

My heart was still racing when we crossed over Duval street again.   It didn’t slow down until I reached my front porch.    Did Teddy feel this way?    Did he care what people thought?   Apparently not.   It was almost debilitating to me.    I wasn’t sure I could live as Teddy did.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This story is blowing me away as it keeps bringing back memories.  I would eat at Blue Heaven quite often as it was off the beaten path of Duval St in years past. I was always in diaper, T shirt, short shorts and sandals.  Keep the great story going, I cannot wait to see what happens next.

• Like 1

The next day I puttered around the house in the morning.    If I was going to wear cloth diapers, I decided, I better get some plastic pants that fit me.   I spent the morning researching them on the internet and ordered a dozen or so.    Somewhere the same milky white plastic that Teddy’s were.   But I got some other ones.   One was clear.   One was black.   One had cute little teddy bears on it.

I was sitting there in a disposable when Kristie came around.   “Plans for today?” she asked.

“I just finished ordering some plastic pants.  Teddy’s are too big for me.”

“How about I take you on a little tour?”

“Sounds great.   Let me put on shorts.”  Kristie gave me a mock frown at the last part.    In addition to pulling on the shorts, I grabbed my diaper bag.    I figured we’d be out long enough I might need a change.    Kristie asked what it was.    She then went to the hall closet and pulled something off a hook.

“This was Teddy’s.”   She handed me a leather fanny pack.   I zipped it open to find two diapers and a small package of wipes.    This would work.   I strapped it on, and we went out the door.

We headed down southward from the house and turned right when we got to the water.    A stout monument proclaimed this was the southernmost point in the US.   Well, the continental US now that Hawaii was a state.    Kristie took my picture in front of it.   She said it was obligatory.

We walked a couple of blocks over and started up Duval street.   This is where it all happened in Key West.   The first thing we passed was a butterfly museum.   She said I needed to visit that, but it could wait for another day.     As we proceeded north, she pointed out restaurants and bars and shops of note.  We’d switch from side to side of the street as needed.    We stopped in some art galleries.    I never was much into buying art, but I guess I could afford some now.

We’d duck into a bar for a drink from time to time or just to say hello to the staff or the regulars.    Kristie introduced me as Teddy’s nephew, and I got the usual adoring comments about my uncle.   We stopped at one place for a quick bite.   Further up I got my first Key Lime pie at a place Kristie said had about the best ones.

We got to the north end of Duval and turned left and over to Mallory Square where the cruise ships were all docked.    Soon a crowd started gathering.    I asked what was up, and Kristie told me just to wait.    Soon we all turned west and watched the sunset.   This was another Key West tradition.

We got back to my house, and Kristie disappeared and came back with a bottle of wine.   “So what do you think?” she asked me.

“I think I might have to move here.”

The more I thought about it, the more I was sure that moving here was the right move.    I made a list of the things I needed to do.    I’d need a Florida driver’s license.   I already had to get Teddy’s car put in my name.     I called my insurance company and gave them the details.    Then I called Asher and Green and asked for Janet.”

“Hi, Jake,” her cheery voice came on the line.   “I was going to call you. We should have the estate finalized in a couple of weeks.   I can send you the last of the money in the trust account.  It’s a few hundred thousand.    I’ll also need you to sign the paperwork officially ending it.”

“Do you want me to come up to Miami for that?”

“Up?” she said, amused.

“I’m still down in Key West.   I’m planning on moving here.”

“That sounds great,” she said.   “I can bring the papers down to you.   I love Key West and would be glad to have an excuse to go down there.”

“Sounds like a plan.   That’s sort of why I called.    What do I need to get Teddy’s car put in my name.”

“In all that paper I gave to you last time you were here is one headed ‘letters testamentary.’  There should also be the title in there.”

I dug through the file and found both items.   “Got it.”

“Take it to the DMV.   I can do it for you.    You did give me power of attorney for that sort of thing.   I’d have done it already, but I didn’t know if you wanted to keep or sell the car.   You’d have to send me the title document.”

“Nah, I can do it.   I’ve got to go to the DMV to convert my license over anyhow.”

“Sounds good.   I’ll give you a call when I’m ready to come down there.   Anything else?”

“Nope, that will do it.”

“See you soon.”

Kristie told me the license office was up in the big shopping center up on route one.    I headed over there, and in an hour, I had a new car registration and a license proclaiming me an official resident of the Conch Republic.

I had called my landlord up north and told her that I was giving notice.   Fortunately, I was on a month to month lease at this point.     I went back to the house and unpacked the suitcases.    I’d fly up with them empty and then bring back the stuff I didn’t want to ship.    I had plenty of clothes and diapers still up in the apartment, so I didn’t need to bring anything with me.

I got a first-class ticket online and made it over to the airport.    A few hours later I was back pushing through the windy cold that soon I’d be done with.     My car was still parked at the airport.   After spending what would have been a small fortune in my prior life to get it out, I headed to my apartment.

I started by dividing my possessions into two groups:  things I wanted in Florida and things I would dispose of.    I realized that the discard pile could be divided into outright trash and things that I probably should give away.    I called up the Goodwill store nearby, and they said they’d take it all, but I’d need to have it moved there.    I looked up moving companies and found one amusingly called “Let Joe Do It.”    I called them, and they agreed to come by and take the stuff away tomorrow.

I sorted through the keep pile and packed stuff into the suitcases.    What remained was mostly the rest of my diaper stash and some clothes.      I hopped down to the UPS store and got some boxes, and came back and packed those in the boxes.    I returned to the UPS store and have them shipped to the Florida house.

What I had left was my car.    I got out my phone and called my friend and coworker, Matt.

“Hey, Matt.”

“Jake.   How have you been?”

“Good, I’m moving to Key West.   I inherited a house there.”

“Sounds nice.   You won’t believe the changes here.    Your exit letter shook things up for the butthead.”

“I didn’t use that name in the letter,” I said a bit surprised that he used my nickname for the boss.

“No, but it became his official name after you called him that the day you quit.   His secretary overheard you, and she didn’t him either, so she spread it around.”

I chuckled.

“Management came swarming down after HR sent up the letter.   They spent hours with the butthead and then talking to everybody in the department.    By the end of the day, the butthead was fired.”

“Wow.  Wish I could have been there to see that.”

“He won’t be missed for sure.    Do you know John Reed?”

“Up on the fourth floor?   Yeah, good guy.”

“He’s the new department lead.   And, get this, his first order from management was to get your business plan implemented.   They thought it was amazing.    I’ve read it.   I have to agree.”

“Thanks, glad to see it’s being used.   Too bad it took me quitting to get it seen.    If the butthead hadn’t pissed me off the day I was giving my notice, I’d have probably not written that letter to HR.”

“Well, I’m glad you did.”

“The reason I called is I need to ask a favor.”

“Sure, anything.”

“You still muddling through with just one car?”    I knew Matt and his wife shared one vehicle.   It was a problem at times.

“Yeah, hopefully there will be some promotions with the new leader.”

“I want you to have the car I have here.”

“Really?   What do you want for it?”

“No, I want you to have it.   Free.   It’s paid off.   I’ll sign the title over to you.    I need you to drive me to the airport tomorrow.”

“Well, thanks a ton.   Yeah, no problem.   I’ll have my wife drop me over there, and we can take your car.   Well I guess at that point it will be my car.”

“That’s a plan.”

I went and took all the bags of trash I had accumulated down to the dumpster.    The last bag I picked up was light, and I looked in it and realized that it was all my underpants I had set aside when I went 24/7.    Well, I guess this is official as well.   I through that in the dumpster.    I was officially done with underwear other than diapers.

The next morning “Let Joe Do It” showed up in their truck.   The driver was actually named Joe.   He and his son were the entire company except for his wife, who took the phone calls and kept the schedule.   “Everything goes except for the two suitcases and my coat.”   Joe looked over what had to be moved.

“This stuff is nice.    You sure you want to give it away?”

“I have a furnished house I’m moving into in Florida.   I can’t use it.”

“Sure is nice.”

“You want it?”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes.   Take anything you want.   Take the rest to Goodwill.”

“Thanks, man.”

Joe and his son spent the next hour moving stuff into their truck.  They waved good by happily as they drove off.    I walked across the street to a sub shop and grabbed a sandwich.  In an hour Matt came by, and I handed him the signed-off title, and he drove me to the airport.    I was officially done with northern life as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2