LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

None Dare Call it DIAPER

When I was discharged from the hospital 6 days after surgery, I went to a skilled nursing facility. It was the same one I used after the corneal transplant in 2011. At that time, I had a roomie who was an 84 year old vet who was IC and was in "briefs", Well I had had a Foley in me for awhile, the area was sore and I did not trust myself and wanted something protective "just in case". Nothing heavy-duty. I was offered a brief or a pullup. As it turned out, the "brief" was a full-bore 4 wide tape diaper. I chose the  pull-up since it offered both light protection and could be pulled down (I still have one)

It is interesting that the staff call a full bore pamper a "brief". Are they trying not to humiliate people by not telling it like it is?

For 1-1/2 nonths Little Christine had to be stuffed in the topboxx in the closet while I rode a rocket to recovery, passing the Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy in record time, finishing  a week before I left and with "phenominal" results and on my recent visit to the NP, she said I was "the best looking [medically] heart patient she had ever seen". I did miss Andrea and LIsa

And no, I was not even tempted to try the diaper or even interested once I saw what it was. I still have the dribbles

I was in the hospital for 7 surgeries after a car accident and they always called them briefs. When I went for Physio I called it a diaper and the therapist said " We call it an Attends here". She was rather put out that I used the "D" word.

True, but when it is THAT obvious, it is demaning to Real People. i.e. "Why are you trying to insult my intelligence. Lemme see; it looks like a pamper and it has those tapes like a pamper. Lemme guess; it's a tiara: Right?". It reeks of dishonesty

• Like 1

I have noticed the same thing.  My doctor actually calls my diaper my underwear.  Coversly, when I have gone through airport security I have used the word briefs and incontinence products before to explain why my crotch was flagged and I get blank stares.  Now I only say that I am wearing DIAPERS and there is no longer any confusion lol.

Adults just automatically associate the word diaper with babies.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:52 AM, Little Christine said:

For 1-1/2 nonths Little Christine had to be stuffed in the topboxx in the closet while I rode a rocket to recovery, passing the Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy in record time, finishing  a week before I left and with "phenominal" results and on my recent visit to the NP, she said I was "the best looking [medically] heart patient she had ever seen". 

I just realized after reading this that my diapers may have to be put away for a few weeks after my surgery at the end of October...  I'm having an inflatable penile pump installed and I'm pretty sure I'll be catheterized for a few days and I'll have a big bandage wrapped around my penis for some time.  I don't think being in a wet diaper is conducive to proper healing without chance of infection...

• Like 1
I just realized after reading this that my diapers may have to be put away for a few weeks after my surgery at the end of October...  I'm having an inflatable penile pump installed and I'm pretty sure I'll be catheterized for a few days and I'll have a big bandage wrapped around my penis for some time.  I don't think being in a wet diaper is conducive to proper healing without chance of infection...

Get well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23 minutes ago, scif788 said:

Get well

Thanks. I'm not too worried tho.  Kinda looking forward to properly using all my bits and pieces again in a couple of months!

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.........

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.........

Are you on the square?

When you  are in a facility. it is like being in Rome

I have worked at two different health care facilities, at one we called all incontinent products ( pull-up/ diapers) briefs. 

At the other place they where simply referred to as pads. 

Neither place allowed the term diaper. 

8 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Political correctness hits the undergarment industry. I can understand why they do it, though. Less humiliation for people who actually HAVE to wear them.

Yes but the evasion of the main fact is so obvious that even if you didn't know, you WOULD know that the purveyors of pc-speech are as dumb as a stone and the attempt to disinform is glaring. When I looked at the thing, I saw the padding, the contour shape and the tapes.Was I supposed to think it was a tiara? Just because I came in on a flying saucer, what makes people think it was the LAST flying saucer? I assure you the motor of my craft reached ambient temperature DECADES ago. I am suprised they have not renamed "pull-up" as everyone knows where THAT  name comes from. The persons whom that CAN fool are so far gone that the humiliation would not occur. Besides which, everyone connects nursing homes with diapers anyway. The only persons they are kidding are themselves by thinking nobody with enough marbles left to be humiliated GETS it

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I am suprised they have not renamed "pull-up" as everyone knows where THAT  name comes from. The persons whom that CAN fool are so far gone that the humiliation would not occur. 

But they HAVE waved their "PC" hands over the PULL-UPs as well.  They call tabbed diapers "BRIEFS" and pull-ups are called "absorbent UNDERWEAR".

9 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

But they HAVE waved their "PC" hands over the PULL-UPs as well.  They call tabbed diapers "BRIEFS" and pull-ups are called "absorbent UNDERWEAR".

Where I was, they called then "Pull-ups"

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Where I was, they called then "Pull-ups"

Sorry, I was referring to the PC-ness the manufacturers of store brands.  They all seem to be briefs and underwear instead of diapers and pull-ups.

4 hours ago, Newbee said:

Why can’t companies call them what they are they are nappies and pull-ups it’s that simple.

They are afraid they will hurt somebody's feelings despite the fact that anyone whose feelings would be hurt could see them for what they are

The first time I was in surger that I can remember was in '98 at the sam hospital as the bypass op, related to cancer (yep, I've challenged the two big C's and won) and it was overnight. Well after giving me my 10 O'Clock IV, the nurse, Christine, asked if I needed anything else I said "You got any diapers?", "Yes" she replied. "You got any rubber pants?". She said "No". I said "then forget it" . Of course she laughed, which was what I was after. Now she did not bat an eyelash at "diapers"

5 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

Sorry, I was referring to the PC-ness the manufacturers of store brands.  They all seem to be briefs and underwear instead of diapers and pull-ups.

Was not "Pull-ups" the name of one of the early pre-schooler undies for accidents that then became generi like "coke" and "kleenex"? It was meant to sound like you were using big kind undies and not a diaper

3 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Was not "Pull-ups" the name of one of the early pre-schooler undies for accidents that then became generi like "coke" and "kleenex"? It was meant to sound like you were using big kind undies and not a diaper

I think they are still making them...  "I'm a big kid now" as the jingle goes.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scif788 said:

What pull-ups do you wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't anymore, used to wear Walmart Assurance pull-ups (disposable underwear) but now it's Assurance stretch briefs (diapers) during the day and Abena Abri-form Premium (cloth backed) diapers at night. Occasionally I'll either wear a PUL cover with inserts or a pin-on diaper with a waterproof cover.  Just bought my first gauze 4-layer Purity diaper and Leakmaster PUL pants and figured out the best way to fold the diaper. Then after wearing it two nights in a row with microfiber inserts for added absorbency, I had to figure out how to find the ammonia when washing them (answer: soak with a little vinegar).