LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hard to fall asleep

JamieJamie

To be honest you just need to wear diapers more to bed.  Eventually your body and mind adapt to the feeling of the extra padding between your legs and within no time it will be as if you have nothing on at all.  I used to have this same problem before wearing diapers permanently but now I am fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I never had any problems falling asleep while wearing a diaper, so I can’t give you any advice as it comes to that. I’ve been wearing diapers ever since the age of four years old so that is probably why it doesn’t bother me. I think the advice Mark Smith gave you about covers it all. On a personal lever I am more like Steve wet nowadays if I do not wear a diaper to bed I can’t sleep at all.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JamieJamie said:

How do you fall asleep when you are wearing your diaper?  I've tried taking sleep pills so that I can just fall asleep and haven't been to. I don't want to up the dose.  

I've had the same problems as you all my life.  I can't fall asleep when I have a diaper on.  It's funny because I wet the bed until almost age 6 and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night.  Question.  How often do you wear diapers?  Once or twice a week, only on weekends, most of the time?  I think the frequency of wearing diapers make a difference.  If you wear a lot, then you are used to diapers and not so keyed up or excited about them.  If you only wear now and then, you will be more excited that you have them on, like your special diaper time you have been looking forwards to.  That may make you so excited that you have diapers on to where you won't be able to get it off your mind and relax enough to fall asleep.  Here are some of the reasons I think I can't fall asleep when diapered.

1.    I may just be too excited and keyed up that I have a diaper on and can't relax enough to fall asleep no matter how tired I am.

2.   After sleeping for years in regular underpants, the bulk of a diaper, especially between my legs may be keeping me from falling asleep.

3.   I don't live alone and there may be the concern in the back of my mind someone may come in my bedroom and discover me wearing a diaper, even though I have a lock on my bedroom door.  No one knows I like to wear diapers and I want to keep it that way.  Along those same lines, if something should happen such as a fire where I need to get out of the house quickly, I don't want to have to dash out or crawl out a window in just a diaper.  I lived with my elderly parents to help take care of them and keep them in their home.  I was always worried that something might happen in the middle of the night where I would have to get up and help them with something.  It's happened several times and I don't want to have to get up in a diaper to hurry and help them with something.

4.   There has always been the thought in my mind that my diaper would leak and I would have to wash my sheets and bedding.  With others in the house it would be possible but they might notice the wet spots and ask questions - I don't wash my sheets too often as it is.

5.   I am a part time diaper wearer, just for fun.  People who have read my other posts know I advocate a good healthy balance between diapers and a regular normal lifestyle.  Therefore, I don't want to get in the habit of sleeping in diapers all the time.  Maybe once in a while or a couple times a month at best.  Sometimes I take a trip with a friend and we share a hotel room (separate beds).  I never want to get to the point I have to rely sleeping in a diaper or I might wet the bed, even though I get up 5 times a night to pee.  I have it in the back of my mind that if I start to sleep in diapers every night, I may end up relying on them, having some accidents because I do get up to pee a lot and having to always sleep in them since I did wet the bed as a kid.  I'm not getting any younger either.

With all that said, over the past 2 weeks I have slept in diapers about 5 times, the first time I've really been able to do so.  My sleep wasn't as good as if I had not used a diaper and I always woke up when I had to pee, but I was about to get 4 to 6 hours of sleep in my diapers.  I still had the worry I would leak and get the bedding wet.  I still don't want to sleep in diapers all the time, but I think these things helped me.  I use a CPAP which helps me sleep.  I had a cold and took medication and a pain pill which helped knock me out some.  Even a generic 325 aspirin will help me fall asleep.  After waking up in the morning and finding my diaper didn't leak, that may have eased my mind a bit, one less worry to think about.  I don't like to wear diapers on the days I have to work.  I work part time 2 to 3 days a week, and with the cold I had several days off, almost a full week.  Knowing I didn't have to get up and go to work was one less thing on my mind and I figured I didn't have to be anywhere so may as well wear a diaper to bed.  Another thing is my parents are now both gone.  My dad passed earlier this year just one month shy of his 99th birthday.  Although I still do not live alone, I no longer have to worry that I might need to get up in the middle of the night to help take care of someone.  I've also come to the conclusion if my diaper leaks and the sheets get wet, no big deal.  I'll toss them in the washer as the only other relative living in the house sleeps late and it wouldn't be a problem hauling them down to the washer in the basement, as long as it wasn't every day.  Maybe it's just the fact that I'm getting older and not caring as much, even though I still never want anyone I know to find out I like wearing diapers.

My advice is you may always have a hard time falling asleep in diapers for many reasons, especially if you only do it now and then or a few times a month.  DON'T UP THE DOSE ON YOUR SLEEPING PILLS!  Some people say it takes time to get used to sleeping in diapers and you have to do it every night without fail if you want to be able to easily sleep in diapers.  That can be hard when you have to get up early to go to work 5 days a week.  You can't just lay there in bed all night unable to sleep and go to work the next morning like a zombie!  Eventually you may get so tired from lack of sleep that you end up falling asleep anyway, or maybe by that time you are getting used to the bulk between your legs or some of the excitement of being in diapers is starting to wear off and you can relax more.  You just have to keep trying over and over.  Eventually you may get to the point you are able to fall asleep in diapers, maybe you will never get that way.  Relaxing, letting your mind empty, or else think of some other things to take your mind off the fact that you are wearing a diaper may help.  No matter what, when you transition into sleep and your subconscious takes over, it may still cause you not to drift off.  All your training for years is that you don't need diapers and it's hard for your subconscious to overcome those ideas.  Just try to relax.  Empty your mind and thoughts.  Don't think of the fact that you are wearing a diaper.  Try not to be excited or keyed up that you have a diaper on.  That's hard, because the reason you are trying to sleep in a diaper is because you want to, not have to. It's a fetish, you love diapers and wearing them and it's that love and excitement that keeps you keyed up and not relaxed.  Try not to think of anything negative, such as your diaper leaking, someone finding out, any of that.  I'm in your same situation and have been that way for years!  I'm just getting to the point after 40+ years that I can spend a few nights sleeping in diapers and get some fairly good sleep.  Remember, just because many people here say they don't have any problems sleeping in diapers or that they can't sleep without one doesn't mean everyone is the same.  Some people really embrace the diaper lifestyle, wear all the time, wife and family knows and are more open about their diapers.  Some people are way in the closet and don't want others to know.  I think that can factor into worries about sleeping in diapers if you are not as open about it as some people.  Just keep trying and maybe what I've written here might help.  

• Like 1

Like others here I also had a very hard time falling asleep while wearing a diaper. I feel like when I couldn't sleep it was because I was new to wearing diapers and it excited me, plus I wasn't used to the bulk. However I found overtime as I wore thicker diapers with boosters during the day, when I would wear just a diaper with no booster at night time it felt much thinner. Or I would read a book or something before bed to relax my mind. Now I have no problems sleeping at night diapered or not but I usually only wear at night if I have been drinking or am really stressed out. I like to let my skin breathe at night!

I can't remember how long it took to acclimate to wearing in bed.  But, it did take some time.   At first, the "excitement" issue kept me awake too.  I don't think I was worried about leaks because at that point, I could go the entire night without having to go.   The "feel" as well like others said was likely also a distraction.  But, the longer you wear, the more you realize you don't even notice it there.   That's when you should be able to just lie down in bed and fall asleep normally.  

Once I had my own house, the number of nights where I was not diapered is in the low digits each year.  So, I'm at the opposite spectrum.  It kinda feels like I'm naked if I'm not wearing one.

It all depends on if my wife is at home. She knows how I love to wear diapers but is not fully supportive of it. If she is out of town I can fall asleep pretty quickly. Then, waking up in that thick diaper is pretty awesome. 
She tries to support me wearing diapers but doesn’t understand why I like to wear them. I, myself, really don’t understand why I like to wear diapers, but I do. That being said, I have worn diapers around her to bed. In that situation I really don’t sleep all that well. I’m sure it is because I know she doesn’t fully approve of me wearing diapers. If she was more supportive then I probably could fall asleep faster with her there. I don’t blame her, though. Wearing a diaper when you don’t have is rather out of the ordinary. 

It's really a practice thing.  I can remember back in my 20s being too turned on to sleep if I was in a nappy.  THAT fades away.

Going 24/7 took it up to the next notch.  There are quite a few mornings now where I'm woken by the clock radio instead of already being awake, trying to pretend I don't need to get up for a pee.  Quite a few times now I've awoken the next morning to discover I have an empty bladder and a wet nappy and no recollection of doing it.  Either I've reverted to bedwetting or I'm just not waking up enough to remember doing it during the night.

So if you are like me and stick with this, sleep actually gets better diapered.

When I was younger I could never fall asleep in a diaper for the obvious reasons,the more I started to wear to bead the less of a proplem it became nowadays I just get into bed and fall asleep and the wife knows I am diapered in bed when I want to be.

• 2 years later...

I never had a problem with the thick padding What affects me is making sure the hem of my skirt, dress or babydoll is all the way down

Had the same issue for a while.  Now, I sleep better with pants on, but can sleep either way.

I sleep wet, but usually only a little.  So, I've done pocket diapers for years.  Sometimes I wake and say, 'Yes, still dry!'  Sometimes it's, 'DAMN I soaked the bed.'  Mostly it's 'Meh, my pants are a little wet.'

That's just me maybe.

I remember someone asking about pocket diapers and I probably didn't give them a better answer than try them.  They are the halfway point.  More laundry, less garbage.  I still consider chemicals in the water, and diapers in the dirt.  I don't know.  

I mix full cloth, pocket pants, and disposable pants, as situations dictate. 

Sleep pants, my sheets stay drier with cloth and plastic.  I sleep better in a disposable. 

Just my 2c.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, BabyJune said:

That's the difference between light and hard Some people can sleep with a light on.

Do you mean like this?

nitelite.jpg

I've recently started wearing to bed as well. First night or two were tough. Hard to believe that such a small change as diaper vs. boxers would make such a big difference, but it does, especially when it comes to sleep routine. Gradually, I'm getting more comfortable and sleeping longer. I'm wearing the same type of diaper every night, which helps develop the routine. I still wake up when it's time to go, but I'm getting used to using my diaper and not minding that it's wet. I do want to keep control, so I won't get to the point of releasing while asleep, but other than that, I'm getting more and more comfortable every day and night. 

• Thanks 1