LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's Your Favorite Diaper Pins?

Curious, those who wear cloth diapers.  What are your favorite diaper pins as far as colors or shapes?  It used to be you could find baby diaper pins just about everywhere including grocery stores.  Now you have to look hard for them even in places like Walmart.  For the record, I mostly wear disposable diapers but I do have some cloth and lots of diaper pins.  They can come in very handy if a tape pops loose on a disposable diaper.  I get only baby diaper pins and they work for me.  I have white, yellow, light blue, dark blue, pink, green and even duck shaped pins.  The most unique diaper pins I ever saw were two miniature holsters with miniature guns in them.  They were supposed to make the kid look like a western gunslinger or something and were pretty cool looking.  I wish I had bought them 40 years ago!

What's your favorite color or diaper pin shape and does anyone have any special or novelty diaper pins?

• Like 1

for my use and best function the 3" stainless steel pins are from changing times diaper co. I have a lot of regular and some novelty baby diaper pins. I always found them more difficult to use with thick night diapers and had problems with them popping open, and bending. I don't care much about color, as much as how well they work,. The miniature holster/ gun pins would be cool.

48 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

I don't know where they came from, but I found some large safety pins about the house that I've been using for diaper pins. They're nothing special; just standard large safety pins.

Are they trying to escape? Playing mind games?

9 hours ago, namrepaid53 said:

I use standard diaper pins that I buy from babies-r-us. I match the color with the color of my plastic pants.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

You mean you did buy them from Babies-R-Us before they went out of business!  Nice that you color coordinate with your plastic pants!  You are a real fashion plate and maybe some day you will get your picture in a fashion magazine!  Kidding!  :)

9 hours ago, dondl2 said:

for my use and best function the 3" stainless steel pins are from changing times diaper co. I have a lot of regular and some novelty baby diaper pins. I always found them more difficult to use with thick night diapers and had problems with them popping open, and bending. I don't care much about color, as much as how well they work,. The miniature holster/ gun pins would be cool.

A few times I have had a regular baby pin pop open or bend, but I think it's more from putting my diaper on so snug and the tension on the pins.  My long time DL friend always layered his diapers so that he had one or two thin outer diapers where they pinned together making the pins hold better but inside he had many layers of baby diapers, like adding soakers.  He always said the big advantage was how quick the diapers would dry and how clean they would get, using many thinner diapers inside rather than just one thick adult diaper.  He would add or subtract diapers inside depending on the level of protection he needed.

7 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I use standard baby diaper pins they are sturdy enough for me.

Yes, for me too.  Never felt the need to buy 3 inch long diaper pins myself for my use, but I can see the larger heavier pins would give you a feeling of security.

I like em all! I’ll try anything I see, that is interesting or unusual. I like to collect all different types/kinds of pin, or fasteners. That goes for baby size, and adult pins and fasteners. If I see something I don’t have, I try and get some. I’m like that with my diapers and plastic pants too. 

By the way, some of my favorite pins, are the ones you mentioned Rusty Pins. The Gun & Holster pins. Some were even useable, or they actually fired off caps! ? EF630E7E-CAB0-47B6-BD58-2ADDF46D83CD.jpeg.2dd40277d02dd6d793a6b8cb02182f57.jpeg5F80C9B3-09F3-46B7-9D14-65CC17D92F68.jpeg.11d12eb4798b84d17f690ba4983f8b66.jpeg

• Like 1

I have tried other 3" pins claiming to be adult diaper pins, but found them to be plated steel and they are too thick and have a rough surface causing them to not slide into my diapers.

the 3" pins I purchased from changing times diaper co. have a good balance of sharpness, smooth and wire just large enough they don't bend.

thought about getting rid of all of my other pins, sell trade through out.

11 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I like em all! I’ll try anything I see, that is interesting or unusual. I like to collect all different types/kinds of pin, or fasteners. That goes for baby size, and adult pins and fasteners. If I see something I don’t have, I try and get some. I’m like that with my diapers and plastic pants too. 

By the way, some of my favorite pins, are the ones you mentioned Rusty Pins. The Gun & Holster pins. Some were even useable, or they actually fired off caps! ?

In the middle and late 80's when my children were infants, we bought cloth diaper clips from Babies-R-Us. They worked great, so I've tried to find them recently and in the past. Had no luck though and couldn't find anything similar. The only thing in abundance seems to be the Snappi clip, of with I am less than thrilled. Where the heck can you find a tensioned clip that uses itself as a spring?

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

In the middle and late 80's when my children were infants, we bought cloth diaper clips from Babies-R-Us. They worked great, so I've tried to find them recently and in the past. Had no luck though and couldn't find anything similar. The only thing in abundance seems to be the Snappi clip, of with I am less than thrilled. Where the heck can you find a tensioned clip that uses itself as a spring?

Not sure what type you mean, but where they like these? 

A0B43EAC-F193-46F2-BEA8-849746E0DF92.thumb.jpeg.55598efd2e27ba1ba2dc42587f40dd49.jpeg

11 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

A0B43EAC-F193-46F2-BEA8-849746E0DF92.thumb.jpeg.55598efd2e27ba1ba2dc42587f40dd49.jpeg

Man, that looks like it's digging a big chunk out of that baby's arm!  LOL!  Seriously, they look interesting but it seems hard to see how they would actually work or attach to both sides of the diaper.  Unfortunately, doing a Google search pulls up Baby King diaper pins but it appears these are no longer made, or if they are, I sure can't find them.

Not sure if they are still made, but I have seen these and other brands on eBay. They have been around for a long time. They work something like Snappies, except you need 2 of these, one on each side. 

17 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Unfortunately, I cannot "see" the picture very well and really can't tell. If they span across the front and have a rubberband like stretch, no. If you cover each of the diaper ends with the clip and snap it down to close and it holds tight, then yes that's it. When closing it over the top of itself, there would be a point where it would "click" as it grabbed.

3 hours ago, ppdude said:

Unfortunately, I cannot "see" the picture very well and really can't tell. If they span across the front and have a rubberband like stretch, no. If you cover each of the diaper ends with the clip and snap it down to close and it holds tight, then yes that's it. When closing it over the top of itself, there would be a point where it would "click" as it grabbed.

Yes, these get set on either side, slip over the diaper ends, and snap shut.

Here is another photo, maybe you can see it better?061A336A-D312-4A3D-B5ED-3B8CC03250B0.thumb.jpeg.3d02cb329e52d7c95cb97d272c1f0bf5.jpeg

2 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Yes, these get set on either side, slip over the diaper ends, and snap shut.

I think that's exactly what I've been looking for. Where can I get them?

That photo was somewhat better, but for the most part I cannot discern any type of graphic easily. I still appreciate your effort in trying to make it work as it takes time and effort to do what you did. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

That photo was somewhat better, but for the most part I cannot discern any type of graphic easily. I still appreciate your effort in trying to make it work as it takes time and effort to do what you did. Thank you.

Only $10 for two on Ebay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Di-D-Klip-For-Diapers-Lot-of-2-Blue-/253912158499

10 hours ago, ppdude said:

You are welcome. I’m mad at myself, I saw a graphic, which was a “how to” in google, but I didn’t save it, and now I can’t find it again. But you seem pretty sure, those are the ones. 

As WBxx has pointed out, your best place to look for them is eBay. Might also check Etsy too. Good luck!

what I can remember, the diaper clips I had were different than the ones showing. There was a u shape clip that you would put over the top of the diaper as both ends were brought together and another piece would slide down to put additional tension on the first u shape.  my diaper would just slide out of the clip.