LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic/rubber pants fitting

So I've got a question for some of you experienced cloth users. 

It seems to me every pair of rubber pants I own is deliberately made to fit like trash. Please hear me out, now.

The most important component to a leak proof fit, to me, is the part of the leg holes that covers the back of the thigh, and lower butt. Basically, the part of the diaper that contacts the chair when you sit. This part always seems to not be large enough relative to the rest of the rubber pants. If this butt part of the rubber pants is large enough, I can tuck a little bit under the diaper, and the whole system is practically leak proof. However, whenever a pair of rubber pants is large enough for this, I find that the front and sides are wayyy over sized. I could practically fit 2 rolls of duct tape down the front side, for example. And this is even with the fact that my diapers are made about twice as thick in the front as the back. The sides being baggy I can understand as these are made to fit many body sizes. However, the back part being too small compared to the vastly oversized front seems like it would be a problem no matter what size of person, since it's a fundamental mismatch of two parts that don't seem to belong on the same pair of rubber pants.

How do you guys deal with getting rubber pants that fit well, and what is your preferred system of rubber/plastic pants that prevents leaks the best for you?

Maybe the best thing you can do, is get custom made pants. Take down all your measurements, (especially over your diapers), waist, legs, through the crotch from front to back, hips. Then you can take those measurements to shops that will do custom, (many do). This will cost more, and add to the time getting an order, but you will end up with the best fit for you. 

Its like a suit, you can buy off the rack, or have it custom tailored. 

Fit is quite a big point . 1st you need waist size, 2nd you need width around thigh, 3rd you need waist to back measurement through legs. 4th look for pants with forwards facing leg holes. important if sitting as it gives a much better fit,( i use a wheelchair so this is important for me).makers will give a size range ie waist from 28'' to 36 ''' look at your waist size and remember the pants have to open enough to go over the diaper. crutch width go large as this will allow thicker padding, plus allow you to spread legs wider for going up a stair .thigh diameter  is very important too loose you leak too tight you can burst leg band and end up with sore red rings around legs,( it hurts). this is really a question that could take for ever to answer so many variables. Go for the best quality pants you can afford. keep all oils and creams away as most tend to make the plastic and rubber deteriorate fast. bye all means drop me a message if you need any help in this area.

What are you wearing for diapers and rubber panties? Good cloth diapers distribute the wetness pretty eavenly thoughout the diaper. You could be overwetting the diapers or something like that. You may also want a "high-waist" panty. Since we do not know what you are doing , it is hard to recommend any changes in procedures. I do not have any of those problems and I go over 14 hours in the same diaper and panties

@Little Christine Yeah I just now realized how not knowing my diaper system makes things difficult lol.

Alright there's lots of pictures, so I have to split this across several posts because of the 15 mb total file limit. 

So here's my explanation: 

The way I use my diapers is based on a "shell and padding model". The shell is the outer part that holds things together, and the padding does the bulk of the absorbing. This allows me to adjust the capacity to whatever level I want. In practice though, I have my "practical" diaper, and my very large ones. 

The Practical diaper:

This is what I use to wear under clothes, when there are other people around/ I'm in public. The beige flats in the back are birdseye baby flat diapers, which happen to be the exact right size for me when unfolded, as used as if they were prefolds. The white is the padding, which is gauze baby flats. Those ones are about 5-10 cm smaller than the birdseye, so they're only good for padding. I use 3 flats for the shell, and I usually use 5 or 6 for the padding. You can't see it in the picture, but the way the padding is layed out, I have 2-3 flats folded in half, and then in half again to make a square. This is placed at the front of the diaper. Then, 3 flats are folded in half, and placed on top, which is the white that you see. This way, I have more absorbency near the front where it matters more (and also bulk in the front tends to be a bit less visible than in the back, imo).

IMG_20190802_021336.thumb.jpg.03795af7bb1871fc15993e75cbf3c5a6.jpg

Put together like this, it's basically a roundabout way to get a standard adult prefold.

IMG_20190802_021352.thumb.jpg.b8df780ec51a4536d6d8db8f841fc4c7.jpg

A couple of points here: 

-From experience, the capacity is about 1.2 litres, which happens to be the actual practical capacity of a  daytime abdl disposable. 

-Why not just buy an actual prefold for all this trouble?

Well first of all, this costs less. The stuffer flats are $1 each, and the shell flats were ~$2.5 each. So about $13-14. Meanwhile, a rearz prefold would cost $20, and have around a third the capacity. Second, this system is adjustable to any capacity I want. And finally, if any flat wears out, instead of the whole thing being trash, I can simply reassign that flat to being a stuffer instead. So nothing truly wears out until it's literally falling apart. This makes my diaper stash's longevity quite impressive. 

-If I were to follow "proper" proportions for making my mock prefold, the stuffers would be folded in thirds instead of halves, so that the stuffer and the the two flanks would each be 1/3 the width of the diaper. This is how it's usually done. However, I do it this way because the half folded stuffers fully cover my bum when I sit down, which is vastly more comfortable than having the padding awkwardly covering half of each cheek. It makes any seat comfy! Also, this configuration folds up quite nicely for transportation or storage:

IMG_20190802_021438 (1).jpg

Here's what it looks like pinned on. 

IMG_20190802_022324.thumb.jpg.f0656751a4b9688a644eb61a41aee80b.jpg

The not-so-practical diaper:

This is what I wear when I don't have to interact with people. At home alone, ect. I have to change less this way, and there's also the advantage that there's absolutely no way I'm forgetting I'm diapered with this thing on. 

It's made from a rearz prefold and a bunch of stuffers. IMG_20190802_021512.thumb.jpg.c20b470ec2ba09ca0a3a3e09465f5d23.jpg

Doesn't look that bad from this picture, so here's a size comparison

IMG_20190802_021638.thumb.jpg.b2e2a8fbd93b5ca4e9739eed27aee7b2.jpg

And here it is pinned on

IMG_20190802_023402.thumb.jpg.1c67fa3b7c80334fca56e3de26925157.jpg

That's about as close as I can bring my legs together when wearing this thing, which is one of the reasons I like it. 

Another few points:

-So the shell on this one is made from a prefold. I find that with rearz, their xs is too small, and s is too big. This shell is an s. I also have xs, which I often just fold up into a stuffer for this diaper, which you can see in the pic. Well, the extra size of the s comes in handy because all the stuffing inside takes up enough room that it fits.

-The capacity is about 3L+. 

-Of course, I can, and often do make it even bigger when I'm in the mood for it. What I've shown you is the baseline configuration I use. At that point it's not even about the capacity any more :) . Doing this sort of thing might be somewhat extravagant with disposables, but that's why cloth is great. Unlike a reasonably sized diaper, there's so much padding in here that the padding in between the legs is comfortably firm, and doesn't really compress. It really changes the way I walk, sit, and even stand. Every step I take, the diaper definitely makes itself known. So that's why this configuration exists when the practical diaper works just fine. Also, I conveniently get to salvage my mistakes in purchasing the rearz prefolds.

And now, finally on to the original point: the rubber pants

And yes, I know I'm really ranty, and I can't stop because I have no self control.

These are the ones I use with my practical diapers. They're rubber, and I also have plastic ones.IMG_20190802_022412.thumb.jpg.e47e65ae6fef823a766eda999eec30d2.jpg

These actually fit somewhat well, but a little small on the back side, as I mention in my original post.

So here's the back. Notice the part where the thighs begin. 

IMG_20190802_022709.thumb.jpg.9e790ca649bfd810bc0b531373cb6f4c.jpg

It looks fine now, but what isn't so visible is that the rubber pant's material is all used up here. They just barely cover the span of the diaper's bottom. And if the pants shift at all, for example from me sitting and sliding just a little bit, leaks will come really easily. Additionally, the waist barely covers the top of the diaper, another common leak point. If i try to pull them up, it straight up exposes the bottom of the diaper. If I cover the bottom to a degree I'm comfortable with, the waist is exposed. So I should just get bigger ones right?

well...

Here is a picture demonstrating just how much empty space is in front. I'm holding the waist open with my hand to show you guys inside.

IMG_20190802_022842.thumb.jpg.6135d81b0c5708edf1a44a713174ef3d.jpg

In there, I can fit: 2 rolls of duct tape, a can of contact cement, and a NATO gas mask filter.

Rubber pants continued:

These are the rubber pants I use with the oversized diapers. IMG_20190802_023035.thumb.jpg.6792724b7c57ece775d63607f126f2c6.jpg

As you can see, they are extremely baggy and oversized compared to the usual ones. To be fair, that is literally exactly how they were advertised. However, they still just barely fit for my large diaper in the back and waist. however...

Here is a pic showing how much empty space is in the sides. Keep in mind it's this much both sidesIMG_20190802_023726.thumb.jpg.f6497b88b22fbf2ee88d5f30996d2da4.jpg

And here's the empty space in the front/bottomIMG_20190802_023740.thumb.jpg.5089977e76810ef54fbef0ffb3196b08.jpg

I'm done talking now I promise:

And now finally, here's now much empty space I have in front. 

2 rolls of duct tape, a box of microscope slides, can of contact cement, NATO filter, bottle of scotch, and can of wd-40.

I should probably mention the normal sized pants have forward facing leg holes, but the large ones do not. And yes, I did make sure I'm not wearing them backwards, because I know for a fact that's something I might do :)

Anyhow, do you see my point now? These proportions between the front and back fit are so awful I feel they can't possibly have been designed this way. That's why I'm wondering how you guys who are more experienced do it?

IMG_20190802_024033.thumb.jpg.2a0a4bf572761251456c6ecf1b463c10.jpg

All my diapers and pants are custom ,I have snap on/ pull on plastic ,pull on vinyl ,rubber pants,rubber bloomers , PUL .

Snap/pull on plastic are Angelfluff "blue ice" they are made exclusively by Gary , now they are a little more than custom ,I bought the patterns ,after they were fitted and tailored to just how I like them ,i have a pattern number ,anytime I need pants I can just call in my pattern number and quantity ,and a couple weeks later perfect pants get delivered ,"blue ice" & "green ice" is there best hardest wearing pant . I wear ultra high rise ,during the day I wear contours ,at night I wear prefold super heavy weight night diapers with rubber bloomers , my rubber pants and bloomers are made custom by kin' s , the key as mentioned to pants is not going off the rack ,with kin's any order with 15 or more of the same item regardless of color ,is considered bulk ,with bulk they make one pant diaper onesie etc ,send it to you let you beat it up , that first is made to your actual measurement , it's with this pant that you can dial in your in your fit ,adjusting it to you ,I used to have very large thighs but new they were going to go away so I planned for that with custom leg openings I am pretty close to medium in off the shelf pant, however I have extra small leg openings ,I standardized my crotch width at 11" , they can handle my day contours, my much more agressive night diaper with double full size liner, or my travel disposable ( double lined Northshore supreme) my cloth diapers are built to be 2 inches taller in rise on waist , it gives you more absorbentcy and for me being in a power chair it's more comfortable ,my trousers are built the same way high in the back low front ,so my butt stays covered ,and my pants don't "bunch up" and look sloppy or tight in the crotch .I think my belt to belt measurement I added an inch , my onesies were made the same way with a longer tail ,that wraps up ,so they fasten forward and can accomodate the bulk of my most aggressive protection, I tend to not use anywhere near full capacity of diaper before being changed but have the capacity if some kind of issue comes up to extend my stay .

Every bulk pant order gets a dedicated custom run ,it's cheaper for kin's to make ,so they pass along the savings , I think mine were like $6 off each pant and got free shipping , they sailed thru customs with declaration of "medical clothing" , you will be able to get a better deal and perfectly fitted pant,ordering single pants is expensive and time intensive , and the end result is not always the outcome you want ,in level of protection or fit , pants should be able to blouse out ,but should not have room for an additional diapered you , you will also find with a fitted pant you will not have that stress point on the rear ,all of my pants were built around 2007 and are all still in service everyday round the clock ,I also have a "spare" new reserve in my dresser if needed like an extra 20 pair .

I don't use petroleum based stuff ,with my cloth ,it eventually seeps into diaper and freely rots your pant out if you do . My barrier cream cleanser etc is all Medline Remedy restore. None of my diapers or pants owes me anything ,eventually they will move on to car wash, shoe shine etc ,i dont have any idea what to do with old pants, i always just figure save the intact parts to use as patches should you ever need them .as general rule of thumb if you dont have fitted pant ,they reccomend your pant to be one size larger than your diaper size .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I remember having a few pairs of plastic pants, I could not tell you today where I bought them from, it was mail order, (early/mid ‘90s) I was still single, I had 1 light blue popping pair, 1 yellow pull on pair and a sort of clear pull on pair, the poppers were my favourite to put on over my (mail ordered) pre-folded diaper, I also had another pharmacy bought incontinence “pants” they were for “Soft-eze” pads light blue cloth stretchy part at the top with a plastic insert part that went between your legs with the pad inside and then buttoned up with 3 buttons in the front, quite noisy too. Sadly I got rid of the before I got married.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

TMI: The best you can do is is have panties that fit a wide range. Instead of something like wast size 34-36 you might waant 34-42 or the like. In the Gary line I can wear from small to 3xl. Look also at the side seam lennth, I do not wear anything under 13" and the crotch width: At least 12". The small would be a tight fit and the 3xl would be quite lose. Mostly I use 2xl though my waist size is 36".Before you buy LOOK AT THE SIZE CHART. If there is a wide range of fit per pantly, as with Gary, you will find several sizes that include your size. If you use the larger sized, you will not stretch the waist and leg bands as much so they will last longer. Also, DPF suggested 2 panties with rubber of plastic. Babykins sells the best rubber panties. Gary are sold through serveral outlets like LL Medico I have 3 A snap (popper), a pull on rubber and one that is part of my babydoll, sometimes over that a clear Babykins Peekaboo of the largest size that will fit unstretched so sometime it is 4, which is the highest number sometimes recommended for "Littles [4 to 7]". The snap-on's get changed with each diaper. That way I am always baby-fresh

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:18 AM, qwerty said:

So I've got a question for some of you experienced cloth users. 

It seems to me every pair of rubber pants I own is deliberately made to fit like trash. Please hear me out, now.

The most important component to a leak proof fit, to me, is the part of the leg holes that covers the back of the thigh, and lower butt. Basically, the part of the diaper that contacts the chair when you sit. This part always seems to not be large enough relative to the rest of the rubber pants. If this butt part of the rubber pants is large enough, I can tuck a little bit under the diaper, and the whole system is practically leak proof. However, whenever a pair of rubber pants is large enough for this, I find that the front and sides are wayyy over sized. I could practically fit 2 rolls of duct tape down the front side, for example. And this is even with the fact that my diapers are made about twice as thick in the front as the back. The sides being baggy I can understand as these are made to fit many body sizes. However, the back part being too small compared to the vastly oversized front seems like it would be a problem no matter what size of person, since it's a fundamental mismatch of two parts that don't seem to belong on the same pair of rubber pants.

How do you guys deal with getting rubber pants that fit well, and what is your preferred system of rubber/plastic pants that prevents leaks the best for you?

I do prefer rubber locking pan ts. Thee is a pair that has a waist lock and locks on each thigh. the thigh locks are on a flat leg band and so is the waist. they are around 250.00 dollars and I have a red pair and never had a leak. The normal rubber pants I have fit snug and a tightly pinned cloth diaper and very seldem have a leak. How ever if  you keep peeing eventually they will all leak, I think.

• 1 month later...

This area just below the butt cheeks is where I get a gap with some of my plastic pants as well. Don’t have too many problems with leakage unless I have an extremely large movement or more than 1 before I get changed. I’m usually padded heavily enough to go 18-24 hours before I get close to leaking. The biggest “problem” I have is the venting of odor from this area. Bending over with a load in my diaper almost always makes it clear what I’ve done in my diaper. This only occurs with my large size pullon Haian or my extra large snapon Haian pants. My extra large Haian and my medium sized Gary high back pants don’t have any gaps in these area but I kind of like a little whiff every now and then as it makes feel like a real diapered baby. The snapon pants give this little treat in the snap area without having to bend over. The past several months I had a relatively benign diaper and the odor coming from my diaper was quite mild but the last time I was at the grocery store I got a family pack of smoked beef sticks and I’ve been chowing down on them enthusiastically. This has definitely gotten the old gut bacteria excited as their byproducts tends inflate my diaper and cover with massive butt explosion lately, something that I find enjoyable as long as there’s no one around to be offended by the smell.

• Like 1

Yeah that always seems to be the problem area doesnt it. What i've been doing is getting my plastic pants one or two sizes larger. This gives me enough material to tuck it in below the diaper at the problem area.

Some mothers I’ve seen while growing up in age of cloth diapers used to do the tuck under of both the leg and waist elastics especially for nighttime. My wife and I cloth diapered both of our children and I don’t remember ever trying this but we had very little trouble with leaks. The extra large Haian pants that I have are probably big enough to do this and my medium Gary high back pants don’t get the gap. In fact they contained soft stool that leaked out of my diaper/soaker while sleeping on my side very effectively. While I appreciate their ability to contain this it does hasten their hardening which leads to cracking after exposure to feces.

• 5 months later...

The basic problems with most adult sized water proof pants is either lack of depth( or short side seam ) and more generally lack of forward facing leg holes and lack of additional volume of material at the back.

In the past i have got round this by buying the same pant in a size smaller and cutting the bottom of it.

This creates a plastic 'mini skirt (longer at the back) that I then tuck down inside the waist band of the larger intact pair of pants.

This generally adds 4 to 5 vertical inches to the rear of the pants and generally the waist band of the lower pants is below my shorts waist band, so if any body wanted to look, they would see my terry nappy through only one layer of plastic!

The "Bear Hugz" I just received from Changing Times Diaper Company in LV,NV aren't the typical adult sized pants (think "LeakMaster" for typical).  I was caught quite off guard when I tried them on for the first time.  The waistband is clear up 2-3 inches above my belly button and if I worn by a female of my height, weight and basic dimensions, they would probably come up just below their breasts.

There is so much fabric that I thought I bought the wrong size until I noticed the waist measurements were identical to the LeakMaster measurements, 36-42" waist.

• 2 years later...

A picture is NOT worth a thousand words: This is done by the numbers with things like size charts. To see how to decide what to get, go to....

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html#buy

Then if you go to the Review section, you will find some good to excellent choices reviewed and their purchase pages made accessible

• 3 weeks later...

Good fitting plastic pants have forward facing leg holes. They should be large enough that the diaper fabric does not come in contact with the elastics. Experiment with folding the diaper and pinning it on so that it doesn't hang too much when wet. I have been doing this multiple times a day for almost 25 years and it took a while to get the folding right for me and to find the right brand of plastic pants to wear. It is a learning process. 

• Like 1

Forwar-facing leg holes are not a necessity. Early models looked more like medieval/renaissance very short pantaloons. That meant they haed long side seams and were VERY full as well as long in the body so that you could fit them to the situation. often tucking the waist and leg elastics under the diaper for a good seal. They could accommodate triple diapers. The forwaerd facing leg openings were to accommodate a closer fit so that the panties became less full and the sides became shorter. The older models looked like two rear halves  and were symmetrical front to back. In thise days there were no "soaker"sso that all parts of the diaper were the same thickness and even pre-folds were not invented. So you needed more diaper. I do not use soakers because, being thicker between the legs than the rest of the diaper, they keep the castic pee between the legs longer where the skin i s more delecate and can burn. Also, fuller panties keep more air in with the diaper