LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Airport Diaper Incident

ppdude

A related thread got me thinking about an airport fight I had with another traveler on the same set of flights to differing destinations.

After a turbulent and rough six hour flight, my diaper really needed changing and I wasn't a real happy camper.

My now deceased wife talked me from our seating near the bathroom into it (I am for the most part totally blind). A young mother with her toddler came running up demanding that I let her go first as her baby boy hadn't had a recent diaper change. She heard us discussing my plight and knew that I also needed a diaper change.

After reaching it, closing and locking the door, she started demanding that I come out and let her go first. I had already dropped my pants and had one or two tapes removed when she started knocking and loudly proclaiming that I come out and let her change her kid.

Ignoring her, I finished my diaper change. The whole time she complained loudly to anyone that  listened about my rudeness and selfishness, saying that my diaper change was less important than her kid's.

It took me a little while to complete the diaper change. When I unlocked and opened the door, she practically ripped it out of my hands. She grabbed her kid and slammed the door.

When she came out, she made sure to berate me to anyone that waked by, loud enough to make sure we heard it. She compained over and over again that her son's diaper was more important than mine and that I should have waited for her. We just laughed at her.

She got on our final flight with us, where she continued on to her destination. For about 400 miles she busied herself telling everyone within earshot about my rudeness and selfishness. We couldn't believe she hadn't moved on and still stuck on the "incident."

As we exited the plane at our final destination, I made sure to swipe her with my diaper bag, and at my wife's signal stuck my tongue out at her. We were laughing on the way out. The flight attendant nodded at me and handed me my stick, but not before waggling it in the direction of the loud mouthed and rude woman. She was laughing with us too. I gave her the thumbs-up sign and stepped off the plane and onto the ramp. No more was ever said by either of us.

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

A related thread got me thinking about an airport fight I had with another traveler on the same set of flights to differing destinations.

After a turbulent and rough six hour flight, my diaper really needed changing and I wasn't a real happy camper.

My now deceased wife talked me from our seating near the bathroom into it (I am for the most part totally blind). A young mother with her toddler came running up demanding that I let her go first as her baby boy hadn't had a recent diaper change. She heard us discussing my plight and knew that I also needed a diaper change.

After reaching it, closing and locking the door, she started demanding that I come out and let her go first. I had already dropped my pants and had one or two tapes removed when she started knocking and loudly proclaiming that I come out and let her change her kid.

Ignoring her, I finished my diaper change. The whole time she complained loudly to anyone that  listened about my rudeness and selfishness, saying that my diaper change was less important than her kid's.

It took me a little while to complete the diaper change. When I unlocked and opened the door, she practically ripped it out of my hands. She grabbed her kid and slammed the door.

When she came out, she made sure to berate me to anyone that waked by, loud enough to make sure we heard it. She compained over and over again that her son's diaper was more important than mine and that I should have waited for her. We just laughed at her.

She got on our final flight with us, where she continued on to her destination. For about 400 miles she busied herself telling everyone within earshot about my rudeness and selfishness. We couldn't believe she hadn't moved on and still stuck on the "incident."

As we exited the plane at our final destination, I made sure to swipe her with my diaper bag, and at my wife's signal stuck my tongue out at her. We were laughing on the way out. The flight attendant nodded at me and handed me my stick, but not before waggling it in the direction of the loud mouthed and rude woman. She was laughing with us too. I gave her the thumbs-up sign and stepped off the plane and onto the ramp. No more was ever said by either of us.

First come, first change lol.  Man, what a tale.  Sounds to me the plane crowd was much more sympathetic to your diaper change than her kids.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what reasoning she could possible have for thinking that her child's diaper was more important than any other passenger, let alone a blind passenger.

Honestly, I would think a blind man who needed guidance to the bathroom would have precedence.   Just as a decent person, I would give up my spot for you because it's easier for get to the bathroom, and I would have more options.  You were pretty much stuck with the one stall you wife guided you to.

3 hours ago, ppdude said:

(I am for the most part totally blind). 

Just curious you do not have to answer if you do not wish to.  If your blind how do you know what is written on this site?  Just wondering.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

"May the God's Of Fate cause her child's poopy diaper to leak all over her new dress at the beginning of her next 6 hour flight!"

That is one thorough and incredibly specific curse! Thanks for the thought :o

11 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Just curious you do not have to answer if you do not wish to.  If your blind how do you know what is written on this site?  Just wondering.

I use a software tool named ZoomText which is a screen magnifier and screen reader that produces synthesized speech  Between 8x magnification and speech, I can do this site as well as banking and other tasks. Without the computer, I could not do any of this! For more info on ZoomText just type its name into your browser.

9 hours ago, WetDad said:

There is screen reading software that is great. 

This. We have a few screen readers among us. It's a big part of decisions I make concerning the main part of the site such as keeping it html with plain text buttons instead of a CMS with dynamic menus that would be harder to navigate.

3 hours ago, wetatnight said:

I'm surprised that the airline didn't toss her of the plane for causing a disturbance and being unruly

☹️

That didn't even enter anyone's mind at the time, or at least I don't think it did. No one said or did anything. She was generally ignored as it was not constant. She'd pop-off at random intervals. Not that it wasn't irritating; it was. I was happy to get off the plane.

18 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

This. We have a few screen readers among us. It's a big part of decisions I make concerning the main part of the site such as keeping it html with plain text buttons instead of a CMS with dynamic menus that would be harder to navigate.

Thanks for that. It's greatly appreciated. It can be really easy to miss or misinterpret things since I only have small portions of the screen showing at any one time.

Personally, I think if you complained to the airline (especially with a flight attendant who heard every word), the airline should comp you for the cost of your ticket.  I wonder if, these days like you see all the time on the TV news, some other passengers didn't record it all on their cell phone cameras!  Make a big enough stink (pun intended) and the airline should comp you somehow if just to avoid the bad publicity.

16 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Personally, I think if you complained to the airline....

Where were you when this happened?? I just let it all go. None of that even crossed my mind. Since this was a commuter flight with many stops along the way, I'm not sure who had phones and cameras and who didn't. It never elevated to the degree you might see on TV. My phone was powered down for the entire flight. They're always telling you to turn if off so I just left it that way. Didn't turn it back on until we got back to the house. I don't use the camera feature and have it turned off. I don't know if anyone recorded it; my guess is they didn't.

The story below was rampant click-bait but I clicked.  I'm still trying to work out if it is really true.  If so, it seems that there is an entirely new class of uber-mummy  out there for whose spawn, there is nothing that would be too much trouble for other people to go to.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/familyandrelationships/mum-demands-friend-change-dogs-name-so-she-can-use-it-for-baby/ar-AAEXqSn

Kind of in the same genre as the Mommy in the OP post.

Yes, this incident  really did happen. About 15 months ago. In December 2018, my wife is diagnosed with terminal cancer. We took a trip that she wanted to do before she died. We took the trip in May, returning at the end of the month. She died at the end of July 2018. Just had the one year anniversary of her death a few days ago. I'd forgotten about this until the topic of airline security came up. That thread prompted my memory and I related it to you as I remembered. It was pretty amazing. And though I cannot see well, I am a grammar and speeling nazi.

4 hours ago, ppdude said:

Yes, this incident  really did happen. About 15 months ago. In December 2018, my wife is diagnosed with terminal cancer. We took a trip that she wanted to do before she died. We took the trip in May, returning at the end of the month. She died at the end of July 2018. Just had the one year anniversary of her death a few days ago. I'd forgotten about this until the topic of airline security came up. That thread prompted my memory and I related it to you as I remembered. It was pretty amazing. And though I cannot see well, I am a grammar and speeling nazi.

I just wanted to take the time to say I am so sorry for your loss.  It takes a special kind of woman to understand and accept that their husband's need diapers regardless if it is for pleasure or incontinence and I cannot fathom how I would feel if I lost my wife.

• Thanks 1