LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

On 11/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, Samriis said:

Just a random thought... does Jamie brush his own teeth?  Do they have little sized toothbrushes?

As an additional thought... would there be little dentists?

Given how bad they are at giving Littles shots and starting IVs you would hope that they have some nanotechnology for dental work.

3 hours ago, messyman said:

Given how bad they are at giving Littles shots and starting IVs you would hope that they have some nanotechnology for dental work.

I think they’re fine at giving shots. I think littles are just a bunch of wimps.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

I think they’re fine at giving shots. I think littles are just a bunch of wimps.

I mean, they’re littles! Of course most of them cry at shots! And Jamie is such a sensitive little thing ?

My teddy bear and I had a bit of a #metoo moment. We’re not sure whose fault it was. Some harsh words exchanged. He told me to watch where I’m sitting. I told him to watch where he’s putting his paws.

He’s in the washing machine right now. I told him to take the time to think about what he’s done. He was fine with it. I think he wanted the time alone to process, cool down.

We’ll be okay eventually. Couples have fights, ya know. They get through them. You don’t share a blankie as long as we have without working through some issues. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Chapter 47

“Isn’t he kind of small to ride a bike,” the sales person asked Becky. Jamie was standing right there and frowned at the man. “We have some really great tricycles,” he offered instead.

“He used to ride a bike all the time,” Becky told him. “So it’s really just a matter of you having one his size.”

The man looked skeptical. “Well, we have kids’ bikes. It would be a really small one.”

“Can we see them,” Jamie asked.

“Maybe a toddler bike,” the man said to himself as he led them across the store.

“You can’t tell me no littles ride bikes,” Becky said. “I’ve seen them.”

“So have I, but with training wheels. These might fit him,” he said pointing to a row of bikes in childish colors and patterns.

“Are these all one-speeds,” Jamie asked. It would be an awful lot or work riding one of them up a hill.

“I think so. You know, the manager is out today, but maybe he knows of something. I can take your number and have him call you tomorrow.”

“I guess that’ll have to do for now,” Becky said. “We’ll figure something out. You’re not the only little who can ride a real bike.” Jamie was disappointed but not surprised. He was, after all, about the size of a 4-year-old big. He didn’t know if they made multi-speed bikes for kids that age back home, but he doubted it.

“That’s okay. Let’s go see how Manda is doing.”

Manda was embarrassed to have no idea what to even look for in a bike, and the attractive man trying to sell her one was making it worse as she demurred when he asked if she wanted to take one out to the parking lot and give it a test.

“How’s it going,” Becky asked as she approached.

“I think we’re getting there,” Amanda said. “We’ve figured out I want a bike.” Jamie giggled.

“How about just an entry level hybrid,” Becky asked. “Or a step up from entry level?” The salesman showed them three, and Amanda picked based on what she knew about bikes: she liked silver ones. Becky bought a rack for her car, and the salesman mounted it and the bike on it, and that chore was done for the day.

“What next,” Amanda asked.

“How about lunch somewhere,” Becky suggested. “Some place new.” She was tired of eating at the same places.

“We could try that new pub on Queen Street,” Amanda suggested.

“Jamie,” Becky asked.

“Sounds good to me.” He ate pretty much the same thing at every pub, and though he had favorites, he was rarely disappointed.

“Okay. Let’s try that.”

“When did Itali stop having a monarchy,” Jamie asked.

“Where did that question come from,” Amanda asked.

“Queen Street. Which queen?”

“Oh,” Amanda replied. “Not quite three hundred years ago.”

Jamie didn’t pay much attention to politics in Itali. He had back home, pretty closely since he worked for the county, and the trends when he left weren’t so good. He always thought people where he was from lacked historical and global perspective. They seemed to think the ways things were where he lived was the way they’d always be, even though that had not been the norm for nearly all of human history and still wasn’t the norm in large parts of the world.

“Do you ever worry about it going backward,” Jamie asked.

“How do you mean?”

“Itali is pretty old, but you’ve had a parliament for three hundred years. It could go back to a monarchy. Things change; sometimes they change back.”

“I don’t think that’s an issue,” Amanda replied. Itali’s was a complicated system. There were regressive elements, but none that regressive. It wasn’t Ros or Cantonia or Aidu. But Jamie had an underlying point.

At the restaurant, Becky requested a booth and a booster for Jamie. He waited patiently for one of them to ask if he wanted to sit in their lap for lunch. Becky asked first, and Jamie held his arms out for her to lift him up and situate him on her knees. “What are you hungry for, Baby Bear,” Becky asked. It suddenly occurred to Jamie that he hadn’t been handed a menu or asked what we wanted by a waitress in a long time. They just assumed he couldn’t read, and Becky or Manda would share their menu with him and usually order for him. He looked the menu over and flipped it to see if they had a little food section.

“Maybe we can start bringing little extract with us when we go out to eat,” Jamie suggested. “Just a drop.”

“Why,” Amanda asked with a laugh.

“Because all the little food menus are so short. Like all we wanna eat is grilled cheese and hot dogs. Maybe we could just add a drop to regular food … where is the little extract anyway?”

“For your purposes, it doesn’t exist,” Amanda replied. What a sick little boy he had been after that stunt. She was no stranger to having too much to drink, though it was a rarity, but she had never made herself sick, certainly not as sick as he’d been.

“So it’s up high somewhere,” Jamie asked with a grin. Becky tickled his belly and made him laugh.

“So what do you want, then,” Becky asked. Jamie was jonesing for some little food, but there were other things he wanted.

“Can I have some milk when we get home,” he asked.

“Uh huh. Right before your nap.”

“Then I’ll have a salad.”

“What a healthy choice for such a little boy,” the waitress said from behind Becky as she approached.

“He’s not so little,” Becky said proudly. “Except when he needs his mama,” she laughed.

“Mom,” Jamie whined as he blushed. Amanda thought to herself that both those statements were true, despite Jamie’s chagrin. The waitress took their order and disappeared.

“Can I nap outside when I get home,” Jamie asked.

“Mhmm. I didn’t even bring your mat in from yesterday,” Manda said. He often napped outside in the summer time under their shade tree, and she often sunbathed while he did, usually dozing off.

And after Jamie had has his milk and Manda laid him in the shade with his eyes still rolling around his head and that contented smile on his face that only milk could bring, she spread her towel on one of the chaise lounges and laid on her front, unhooking her top. She rarely did that, but she happened to think of it that day. Perhaps because she had Jamie’s snack on her mind. She supposed she’d need to have her mom bring milk over when Jamie stayed with her unless she decided to start nursing him as well, which she still wasn’t interested in. For the moment at least, the cons outweighed the pros. She wasn’t sure how her mom would feel about it, either. Amanda thought on Jamie’s admonition that they both needed to look after Becky as she went through a hard transition of her own, and Manda didn’t want her mom to feel, even irrationally, that she was taking over the “mom” relationship with Jamie, even just a few days a week. Nursing fell into that category, and the only person who would change that would be Jamie. If he asked, that would be different, and the three of them would talk it out, but he hadn’t brought it up since he’d started nursing.

Manda was taken out of her thoughts by a crash against the fence. She glanced at Jamie to see if he’d woken up, then clasped her top and walked over to see what that had made the racket.

“Sorry,” Amy said when she saw Manda peer over the fence. She was kicking her football around. She picked it up and walked over, seeing Jamie asleep under the tree.

“No worries.”

“I didn’t wake him, did I?”

“He just nursed. The ball could land on him when he’s like that, and he wouldn’t stir.”

“Must be nice to sleep like that. Oh, to be a little, or a toddler. How have you guys been?”

“Good. Been a hectic summer.”

“With moving?”

“That and other things. I signed a lease.”

“Neat. When do you move in?”

“Ottorio first.”

“That’s still a little ways away.”

“Yeah. No reason to rush into paying rent. Got a whole lifetime of it to look forward to.” She glanced back at Jamie and echoed Amy’s thought: oh, to be a little. “What’ve you been up to,” Amanda asked.

“Nannying most of my summer break. Sweet kids, but not mine. I’m about ready to go back to school to get a break from them.”

Amanda laughed. “You got a while to go still. Are they not well behaved?”

“They are for the most part. They’re just bored, and so am I, frankly. We’ve done the same things several times now. The girl is getting especially whiny. The boy would be happy if I just left him alone in his room when he’s not hanging out with friends.”

“But you don’t?”

“Not every day. His parents wouldn’t be too happy if I did.”

“He’s the older one, right?”

“Yeah. The teenager. He’s helpful with his sister, though.”

“How old is she again?”

“Nine. They’re on their way over here. Their mom asked me to watch them on short notice today, and I said fine as long as she brought them here. Maybe just a change of scenery will help.”

“You can bring them over,” Amanda offered, “and I’m sure Jamie wouldn’t mind playing some. He could use the interaction.”

“Why’s that?”

“He’s not in daycare right now, and I guess this summer we haven’t gone to the park as much.” There was a honk from the driveway.

“Be right back,” Amy said.

Amanda went back to her chair to put her shirt back on. Jamie rolled himself over in his sleep. She was glad he was having a good day. She wanted to ask him about the dream that had upset him so much, but she didn’t want to upset him again. She suspected it had to do with his past, which she still didn’t know as much about as she wanted to. When he’d arrived, she’d hoped eventually to know everything, even though she knew some of it would upset her. She thought a lot of it would come out in therapy with Mary, and some did but a lot didn’t, and Amanda never felt right asking Jamie about it. He’d left it behind, and if he didn’t want or need to share it with her, she had no right to ask.

“Amanda!” The shout startled her and woke Jamie. She turned to see Amy walking up behind her with a young girl she vaguely recognized.

“You know each other,” Amy asked, surprised.

“From the beach,” the girl said.

Chelsea, Amanda remembered. The little girl who wanted to keep Jamie. It was too late to say never mind, Jamie didn’t want to play, because it would hurt the girl’s feelings, and that wouldn’t be fair to her or to Amy, who’d have to deal with it.

Jamie laid back down on his mat, wondering if he’d been seen awake. Nap time wasn’t officially over yet anyway. He thought on his bad luck. Itali was small, but not that small. He didn’t recall the topic of where Chelsea’s family was from ever coming up during their vacation.

“We rented the house next door to theirs at the beach,” Manda explained. “What a coincidence. It’s … a coincidence.”

“Jamie!” Chelsea used her outdoor voice, but she was outdoors.

“He’s sleeping,” Amy said quietly while holding a finger up to her lips. “We have to be very quiet.”

“Because littles need their naps,” Chelsea said softly, imitating Amy.

“Is your brother with you,” Amanda asked.

“No. He’s in a bad mood, so Mommy told him he could just stay home.”

“Why is he in a bad mood,” Amy asked. Amanda led them to the patio.

“He got in big trouble yesterday. He and his friend drank from Mommy and Daddy’s soda in the cabinet we’re not supposed to go into. He said he didn’t even like it and only had a little, but he got in a lot of trouble.”

“I bet he did,” Amanda said with a chuckle. She’d never have done such a thing at that age. Of course, teens experiment, but he was young for that kind of experiment.

“What kind of trouble did he get in,” Amy asked, wondering how long he was grounded for, which meant he’d be with her whenever she was over there and not with his friends.

“Mommy gave him a big spanking and said he was grounded for a whole month. He said it was Jian’s idea, and Mommy said then he couldn’t see Jian until school started.”

“Isn’t he too old to be spanked,” Amanda asked. She was opposed to spanking generally, but a teenager? Amy didn’t know either of them was subject to corporal punishment. She had never asked.

“That’s what he said, and Mommy said no he isn’t. I didn’t think he got spanked anymore, but I guess he does again now. Mommy was really angry and said this was serious. She had her serious face. He cried, too. It was funny.” Amanda didn’t have a sibling but wasn’t surprised to hear that statement. “When is nap time over,” Chelsea asked. She didn’t wanna just sit and talk, even though she thought Amanda was really cool. She got to live with a little. Chelsea only had a doll little.

“Whenever he wakes up,” Amanda answered. None of them was whispering, and she wouldn’t have been surprised if he was playing possum.

“Can I check on him,” Chelsea asked.

“I don’t think he needs to be checked on,” Amanda replied, “but when he wakes up, he’s always thirsty. Wanna come help me make him a sippy cup, and we can get you a snack? Is she allowed a snack?”

“A low sugar one,” Amy said.

Jamie listened for the sound of the sliding door to close. He wondered what Becky would say when she saw Chelsea. Something sweet and kind, he knew. He didn’t dislike her. It was just a lot of work playing with her. She tended to get over excited, which made Jamie nervous as she bounced around. He wondered if he could sneak around to the front and ring the doorbell, and then ask to go to hide in his room. But that would only set her in search of him. Instead, Jamie did the responsible and nice thing and sat down in his sandbox ready to play with her when she came back out.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Sometimes I just wanna see Jamie stick his neck out there and do what he wants to. He's such a nice guy that sometimes he adds unnecessary stress to his life helping others. I still love Jamie though.

He’s not there yet. I think as an unregressed adult, he’s gotten mostly okay saying no when it’s an open option, but when he’s put in a position like this one, the adult in him won’t let him cause unnecessary drama.

Chapter 48

“Thank you for playing with Chelsea today,” Amy said to Jamie. She’d come back over after dinner to say so and watched as Manda got Jamie ready for bed. He didn’t mind being changed in front of Amy. After Mel, she was his most frequent little sitter when she was home from school.

“Of course,” Jamie replied while his ankles were in the air. “I was happy to.”

Amanda gently patted his naked butt. “Fibber. It was very nice of you.” For years now, Amanda faithfully practiced what Dr. Mary had taught her and Becky, to always praise Jamie for the nice things he did for others to help him recognize his own kindness. She folded the night time diaper over Jamie’s hips and taped it on snug.

“She’s totally enamored with you,” Amy said.

“Chelsea or Manda,” Jamie joked.

“Her mom was hoping Jamie would spend some time with her at the beach so she could understand littles better, but Jamie politely declined.”

Amy grimaced. “Sorry. If I had known … well, then it was extra nice of you. She’s probably gonna ask me ten times a day now if she can come see you.”

“Sorry,” Jamie said. His answer was still the same. But he thought on it and added, “Maybe sometimes, with plenty of warning, if you happen to be over at your house with her.” Amanda smiled to herself as she got a diaper cover out of the top drawer of the dresser. Such a good bear, she thought.

“That’s sweet of you, but you don’t have to,” Amy said.

“I know. I can just decide when you ask, though. If I don’t want to, I’ll say no, but maybe sometimes,” he shrugged.

Amanda stepped back to the changing table and threaded Jamie’s feet through the diaper cover, then slid it up his legs. He lifted his hips as she tugged it up to make sure it was on tight. Jamie liked that feeling of it tight around him, and on some mornings, those diaper covers showed themselves to have saved a good deal more laundry. She held out her hands, and Jamie reached for them. She pulled him up and then lifted him off the table and on to her hip.

“Story time,” Amanda announced. She’d let the two of them get spotty with sticking to that routine, and now as she thought about her move, she wanted it to be an every night thing again. At home, Becky had the pleasure of nursing him before bed, and as he so often fell asleep during or just after, Becky put him to bed. Manda tried but didn’t always manage to get her alone time with him over a story book before Becky collected him for his milk. “You can stay if you want,” Manda said to Amy.

Amy followed Amanda to the kitchen and took Jamie from her while she made him his bottle of water, and though she didn’t say so, she got a cookie for him from the cabinet for being such a good boy. Upstairs, Jamie sat between them on Manda’s bed while they took turns reading to him, trading off paragraphs with the book across Jamie’s thighs as he reclined against the two of them. It was fiction appropriate to a child about to become a teenager, and Jamie liked it. He liked that they were stories where nothing too bad ever happened and that had tidy, happy endings. On his own, he read more mature fiction, but for bed time, he liked these books that he and Manda picked out at the library.

“Where’s my bear,” he asked as they paused to turn a page.

“I didn’t see him downstairs,” Manda said.

“He’s not in here,” Jamie asked. He felt sure he had left it in the room that morning. He’d been playing with Kazoo on the rug while Amanda showered.

“I don’t think so,” Amanda said as she twisted around to check behind the pillows and Amy did the same on her side. She leaned over the bed, lifted the bed skirt, and looked underneath. No bear.

“Was Chelsea up here,” Jamie asked.

“No. She only came into the kitchen and the bathroom,” Amy assured him.

“Here,” Amanda said, handing the book to Amy, “I’ll go check downstairs.”

“Thank you,” Jamie said. She ruffled his hair as she stood up.

Jamie relaxed against Amy. She wasn’t Mel, but he was quite fond of her in a brotherly sort of way. He’d missed her while she was away at school. Amanda came back in with a not happy look on her face.

“What’s wrong,” Jamie asked.

“Mom wants to tell you,” Amanda replied. Jamie swallowed, afraid. Amanda picked him up and put him on her chest. Amy, curious and worried, followed.

“What’s wrong with my bear,” Jamie asked, “Did Kazoo chew it up again?” He thought Kazoo knew better.

“It’ll be okay,” Amanda assured him.

“’It’ as in things in general or ‘it’ as in my bear?”

Becky was sitting on her bed with a placid look on her face. Amanda handed him off to her, and she seated him on her right thigh so they were looking at each other.

“What’s wrong with my bear,” Jamie asked plaintively.

“He’s ready,” Becky replied.

“For what?” The teddy bear afterlife? I need answers, Jamie shouted in his head.

“His new coat, silly,” Becky said as she reached behind her pillows and grabbed the bear. “I want to reintroduce you to your bear,” Becky said proudly. She put the bear on her left thigh facing Jamie. Jamie smiled back at Becky and his bear, looking tentative.

“Is that really my bear,” he asked. He was skeptical. It looked too well done.

“Uh huh,” Becky replied as she turned the bear around, revealing a thin zipper. She pulled it down to reveal the original coat underneath. “See?” Jamie let out a giggle as she zipped it back up. It looked very nearly just like it did when it was brand new. “Are you just gonna stare at him, or are you gonna give him a hug,” Becky asked.

Jamie let out a single chuckle and reached across Becky’s lap for the bear, taking it into his arms. There were three “awws”, and Becky wiped a tear away. Jamie let himself enjoy his bear, let them have their “cuteness” moment, then threw Amanda a dirty look, and then threw the bear at her.

“That was so mean,” he said.

“What did she do,” Becky asked.

“She made me think something had happened to him.”

“Amanda Delaney Webb,” Becky chastised her daughter. “How could you?”

“It was just a joke, and a short one,” she said as she handed Jamie back his precious bear and knelt in from of him. She took his small hand and held it in her own, giving it a kiss. “I’m sorry. Do you forgive me?” It wasn’t planned or anything; she had just stopped first in her mom’s room to ask if she had seen the bear.

“Only if we can finish the chapter tonight,” he replied.

“It’s almost bedtime, Baby Bear,” Becky said.

“We only have a few pages to go,” Amanda assured her.

“Okay, five more minutes,” Becky said, letting Jamie go.

“More like ten,” Amanda said as she put Jamie and his bear back on her hip.

“I should go home,” Amy said. The scene made her want a little of her own someday, a little boy she could sew a bear for. “Can I get a hug,” she asked.

“From which one of us,” Jamie deadpanned. Amy smiled as she reached out her arms for him. She got her hug, and she handed Jamie back. The four of them walked to hallway. Amanda and Jamie bid Amy goodnight as Becky walked her downstairs.

Jamie got himself resituated on Manda’s bed as he held his bear and she picked the book back up.

“You’re mean,” he reminded her before she started reading.

“You’re not mad,” Amanda said back correctly. She knew every tone of Jamie’s voice, expression of his face, and bend of his body language. He was a very happy little with a good-as-new bear. “But I’m sorry again anyway.”

“I love you, Manda,” Jamie said as he snuggled deeper into the crook of her arm.

“I love you, too, Baby Bear.” She kissed the top of his head.

Becky peaked around the corner. “Bring him back when you’re done reading.”

“If I have to,” Amanda said with a wink before turning her attention back to the book. “Now, where were we?”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Alex I just wanted to take the time to let you know that I have enjoyed every moment of your story,  l have been a fan of your writing since the  first chapter of part one.  When ever I am feeling down or not up to "Adulting" I re-read your stories and hope for a update.  I just want to say Thank you for your time and talent.

Baby Toni

P.S.  Thank you for my Jamie fix ☺☺☺☺

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Baby Toni38 said:

Alex I just wanted to take the time to let you know that I have enjoyed every moment of your story,  l have been a fan of your writing since the  first chapter of part one.  When ever I am feeling down or not up to "Adulting" I re-read your stories and hope for a update.  I just want to say Thank you for your time and talent.

Baby Toni

P.S.  Thank you for my Jamie fix ☺☺☺☺

Aww! Thank you, Baby Toni. I always appreciate the kind words and knowing my writing is appreciated and that Jamie is so loved.

7 minutes ago, Baby Toni38 said:

I am embarrassed to say that sometimes (read always) I pretend  (read fantasize) that I am Jamie. 

Where is that portal again, me and my ducky are ready to go. 

Little boys are ‘sposed to play pretend!

6 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Yeah Becky for doing a good job with Jamie's bear for her Jamie bear. World Question: Do bears in Italia just look like larger dogs (i.e bears on Earth)?

What we call a bear, they call a dog. What we call a dog, they call a bruin.

People in Itali think teddy bears represent a different species entirely not related to their dogs. People in Itali didn’t have the word “bear” until the introduction of littles, so they think a bear is a tiny, cute, harmless, furry animal from Earth.

I woke up with my teddy bear’s arm supporting my head. I know it’s silly, but I like this thing way more than I thought I would.

9 hours ago, SGTbaby said:

I love how sweet the short chapters are lately 

Me too! I want to squeeze in more sweet and gentle chapters (maybe because I need more of that in my life), and these short chapters are perfect for it.

And Jamie is such a good bear, he deserves it for all the less pleasant things that I make happen in his world.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Alex Bridges said:

What we call a bear, they call a dog. What we call a dog, they call a bruin.

People in Itali think teddy bears represent a different species entirely not related to their dogs. People in Itali didn’t have the word “bear” until the introduction of littles, so they think a bear is a tiny, cute, harmless, furry animal from Earth.

I woke up with my teddy bear’s arm supporting my head. I know it’s silly, but I like this thing way more than I thought I would.

Me too! I want to squeeze in more sweet and gentle chapters (maybe because I need more of that in my life), and these short chapters are perfect for it.

And Jamie is such a good bear, he deserves it for all the less pleasant things that I make happen in his world.

I:)

• Like 1
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)