LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

Great work as always.

We all want more, but if you're not feeling it, don't do it.  When I check for stories, I'm always hoping for Jamie.  Doesn't mean I think that you should be run ragged.  Take your time. 

Should we ever meet I'll shake your hand and thank you for your stories.  I might let you hold my bear.  You have no more than 43 seconds, though, and if you're rough with him all bets are off.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wheels are turning. I’m thinking of new chapters and conflicts to resolve. This has been a good break to get some distance.

Frankly, I wish I had wrapped up volume 2 and started volume 3, so I may do exactly that and start fresh when I pick back up

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

Wheels are turning. I’m thinking of new chapters and conflicts to resolve. This has been a good break to get some distance.

Frankly, I wish I had wrapped up volume 2 and started volume 3, so I may do exactly that and start fresh when I pick back up

Hmm.  Maybe you should transform into a teddy bear and gamble around doing bear stuff to distract your readers so we won't notice? :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, Alex Bridges said:

Works just fine for me!!

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Gentle Gemma said:

Any chance this will be a new physical book on Amazon like the first one? 

Yes, it will be. It’s on my to-do list to revise so it has a clean ending, copy edit, and put it up on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

My plan is to wrap up this volume over my Christmas break and think about what my next project is.

I'd like to issue a challenge to folks. I know these are hard times for many people, and maybe that includes you. But if it doesn't and you can afford this, I'd like to challenge folks to this.

A lot of toy drives are organized by offices, and with so many offices closed, many toy drives won't be able to serve as many families this year.

So think about what you'd buy Jamie for Christmas, buy that thing, and give it to a toy drive or other appropriate charity. Some little boy or girl will open that thing on Christmas, and what joy it might bring to them in world that never has enough of that. It would make Jamie very happy to know you did that, and it will make you happy, too, to imagine the smile you'll bring to that child.

• Like 6
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (A Christmas challenge posted 11/29/20)
41 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

My plan is to wrap up this volume over my Christmas break and think about what my next project is.

I'd like to issue a challenge to folks. I know these are hard times for many people, and maybe that includes you. But if it doesn't and you can afford this, I'd like to challenge folks to this.

A lot of toy drives are organized by offices, and with so many offices closed, many toy drives won't be able to serve as many families this year.

So think about what you'd buy Jamie for Christmas, buy that thing, and give it to a toy drive or other appropriate charity. Some little boy or girl will open that thing on Christmas, and what joy it might bring to them in world that never has enough of that. It would make Jamie very happy to know you did that, and it will make you happy, too, to imagine the smile you'll bring to that child.

Good Idea. :)

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

I love this idea. Since Jamie is one of the reasons I started writing Damaged Goods, I feel that I have to give this a go. 

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, folks. I want to apologize for having left this hanging for so long. I found myself focused on other stories and parts of my life, but I'm not the type of author to forget about story.

This concludes Volume 2. I'm going to spend some time over the next several weeks proofing Volume before making it available in print and by kindle on Amazon, but first I intend to re-proof Volume 1 for Amazon as well the 10 or so chapters of I'm Not A Little Girl.

As for future writing plans, I have a number of ideas in mind. The hard part is choosing which one to focus on next. But there will be a third volume of Done Adulting. I don't think Jamie's story is finished yet.

Chapter 104

“It’s kinda awesome, isn’t it,” Ella said to Jamie.

“What is?”

“Deciding to have a dinner party and everyone else doing all the work. Like being able to afford caterers, but they’re free.”

“Ha! Now that it’s been a few months, what do you think of the place now,” Jamie asked as he took a look around at the apartment.

“It’s nice. It’s nice of Amanda to take the couch when I sleep over, too.” She played footsie with Jamie.

“Almost feels weird being in a bed with a person my size in it. The bigs are … well, they’re just so big.”

“I know what you mean. Going to sleep without that nagging worry a giant is going to roll over you.”

“Mhmm.” Jamie was liking his bachelor pad, as he jokingly called it. When he wanted to get a laugh out of the neighbors, he referred to Amanda as his roommate. The neighbors, for their part, were getting used to see Jamie in the area behind their building, playing in the grass on his own, but only within the boundaries Amanda set. He couldn’t wait for the pool to reopen in the spring.

Do you like it here,” Ella asked him. “Are you used to it yet?”

Jamie grimaced. “Honestly,” he said quietly not wanting Becky, Amanda, or Stacy to hear from the kitchen they barely fit in together, “it’s different. I thought it would mostly be different because I was going back and forth, but it’s also ...” He thought of how best to phrase it. “Mom and Manda are different. No, actually, they’re not. It’s just that there’s a different … dynamic, I guess is the word. I was so used to the three of us being a team, and we still are, but … I’m bad at analogies today. I guess I just mean I’m starting to see their personalities a little more clearly.”

“Is that good or bad?”

“Good. Guess I’m just getting to know them better. Manda especially. I think she is changing a bit, just the normal way people do when they’re out on their own for the first time.”

“Growing up.”

“Yeah.”

“Dinner’s ready,” Manda announced. Jamie and Ella stood up from his playmat and made the short trip to the card table she’d borrowed. “Let’s see how well this works,” she said as she picked up Jamie and set him on her knee. Stacy did the same with Ella, with Beck seated to her right.

“Thank you for having us over,” Stacy said again.

“Of course! You had to see Ella’s drawing in person.”

“You did a wonderful job with it,” Becky told her Ella again. “You’re very talented.” Becky admired the landscape scene brightening Jamie’s play area.

“Thank you.”

“Well,” Amanda said, “On behalf of Jamie and myself, I want to say welcome to our home.”

“And I just wanted to add,” Jamie said, reaching out to take Becky’s hand, and looking intently at Stacy and especially Ella, “I’m glad we could be together as a family today.”

Ella reached for her glass. “Let’s drink to that.”

Becky was first to raise her glass. “To family. The ones we have and the ones we makes.”

“Family,” Stacy repeated.

“Family,” Amanda said.

“To this family we made,” Jamie said.

“To this family,” Ella echoed. “To all our families.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

Hmm It's sad for ending but I vote for book 3 to be about penguins from space taking over their world and spanking all the mean amazons from from the previous books with penguin paddles and putting them in timeout afterward after the penguins take over ruling bloodlessly with clever strategies and advanced penguin powers and technology. *nodsnods*

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, YourFNF said:

A solid end to a very sweet story ?

Thank you. I miss them, but they’ll be back eventually.

9 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Hmm It's sad for ending but I vote for book 3 to be about penguins from space taking over their world and spanking all the mean amazons from from the previous books with penguin paddles and putting them in timeout afterward after the penguins take over ruling bloodlessly with clever strategies and advanced penguin powers and technology. *nodsnods*

And these penguins, ahem, are they in the room with you now? ?

18 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

Thank you. I miss them, but they’ll be back eventually.

And these penguins, ahem, are they in the room with you now? ?

Yup I'm hanging out in space trying to pass the time quickly to christmas. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

just finished reading the book for the second time and you know what going to read the first one again.  and afther that this one again to. and when live and your muse gives you time to start book 3 i will be sure i will love it to. hope you have not alredy started book 3 and i have completly missed it. thanks again for this lovely work. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, little dragoniusrex said:

just finished reading the book for the second time and you know what going to read the first one again.  and afther that this one again to. and when live and your muse gives you time to start book 3 i will be sure i will love it to. hope you have not alredy started book 3 and i have completly missed it. thanks again for this lovely work. 

Thank you! I have started book 3 yet. This summer, most likely.