LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

56 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

I don't know why I'm on such a Becky and Baby Bear kick lately.

Honestly I don’t mind. I love how sweet it is but maybe also because Jamie won’t be there all the time so Becky is soaking up Baby Bear time. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Love the mini bonus chapter. However, I really want to see how things go with Ella meeting here parents for the first time in a very long time.

Not many chapters to go until that happens.

• Like 1

I want to see Amanda back in diapers? Okay, I know it won't happen, but I haven't left a comment in a while so I had to let you know I'm still a fan of this and other stories of yours.

• Like 1
On 11/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, littleTomás said:

Love the mini bonus chapter. However, I really want to see how things go with Ella meeting here parents for the first time in a very long time.

Same!  Drama,  thy name is Ella.  ?

• Haha 1

I think Jamie should start looking up Amazon women's dresses to see if any of them wear babyish looking diapers. *nods*

I swear, I'd never do such a think if I was in Jamie's position. *nods*

1 hour ago, Guilend said:

I think Jamie should start looking up Amazon women's dresses to see if any of them wear babyish looking diapers. *nods*

I swear, I'd never do such a think if I was in Jamie's position. *nods*

Bu they are all obviously already heaviy diapered aslready under their clothes.  It's called the Diaper Dimension after all.  I'm pretty sure Jamies bigs like wearing diapers with bears on them.  Sometimes Amanda likes color coordinating with her brother secretly padding wise because why not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Bu they are all obviously already heaviy diapered aslready under their clothes.  It's called the Diaper Dimension after all.  I'm pretty sure Jamies bigs like wearing diapers with bears on them.  Sometimes Amanda likes color coordinating with her brother secretly padding wise because why not?

Of course, why didn't I realize this. I must get back to my research to confirm this very possible theory. 

• Like 1

Chapter 43

“It’s nice to see you again,” Dr. Mary said to Jamie. He didn’t feel quite the same way. Jamie’s attitude about doctors was that he looked forward to when he wouldn’t need to see them anymore. Things come up again, he knew, but when they did, that was precisely what made seeing them again not nice. It wasn’t Dr. Mary’s fault, though.

“And you,” Jamie lied. 

“Your mom and sister talked to me on the phone last week. A lot going on in your life, isn’t there?”

Jamie believed in therapy, but he hated this part of it. It was like pulling teeth. It could be so hard to just talk about what they needed to talk about, and he didn’t always make it easier. Often, he was the one avoiding the topic, but this time the topic wasn’t him. It didn’t seem necessary to go at the issue of Ella’s family sideways.

“Ella’s family is going to be here in a few days. Manda is moving out. Which do you wanna talk about first?”

“Let’s talk about what’s happening first. Ella’s family will be in Itali in two days and in quarantine for ten. How do you feel about that?”

“Scared, kinda. What if they wanna take her home?” That train of thought had not been discussed much after the initial shock. It seemed no one wanted to talk about the possibility, so they just didn’t. At least, he and Ella didn’t beyond the first few conversations. He didn’t know what Stacy had discussed with the attorney.

“Maybe we should focus first on just meeting them,” Mary suggested. There were a lot of what ifs, but there were a lot of certainties, beginning with a simple one: Jamie would be meeting these people, and he wanted to help her through it all.

“Okay,” Jamie said.

“How do you feel about meeting them?”

“Not so enthusiastic, but since they’re going to be here I want it to go well, obviously. I mean, I’d rather this had never happened, but since it is, I want it to go well.”

“What does ‘well’ mean to you?”

Jamie shrugged. “Everyone still loves each other. They like me and Stacy. They accept Ella’s life here. She wishes them well. They go home.”

“You think they might not still love each other?”

“I think her parents will. I think her siblings might be ... I don’t know. I don’t know what that emotion is called, but I know from my past life that when a family member is absent, for whatever reason, it can lead to...” Jamie searched for the word. “Resentment. The stress of the absence can cast a pall over the family, especially the kids. They’re competing for their parents’ attention and affection with a ghost ... Hard contest to win.”

Mary knew a lot about unregressed littles, but they came singly. She did family therapy with unregressed littles and their bigs, but she’d never dealt with a family of littles. There was no such thing in Itali. In this, she recognized that Jamie likely knew and understood more about human families than she did. Her work with Ella had only focused on getting her and Stacy ready for dealing with their own emotions and working through scenarios, rehearsing. “What did you do in those kind of situations,” Mary asked.

“Not much I could do. My job was to get the kids the services they needed. I understood a lot of it, but I wasn’t a therapist, not officially. I just, ya know, did what I could. Tried to be a shoulder.”

“That what you want to be for Ella?”

“Of course.” He adjusted himself on the couch. “Look, I don’t have any experience with this either.”

“So what do you think you’ll do for her.”

Jamie scoffed at how impotent he was in the situation. “Hold her while she cries. Defend her if she needs defending ... Maybe try to help her family understand all this.”

“What’s this?”

“Being a little. Why we ... I don’t understand it so well, but what it is about this life that keeps us here. Though it’s not like I’m so good at even explaining it to myself. No idea what they’ll think of me.”

“What do you want them to think?”

“That I’m good for Ella. I want them to see we love each other. That she’s not alone among bigs and adult toddlers ... That I’m not ...”

“What, Jamie?”

“Some people where I’m from, they don’t like littles. They think we’re weird or defective or perverts. I don’t know anything about her family, but I don’t want them to think I’m part of the problem.”

“What problem?”

“Keeping her here. I would think that. I think I’d be angry at just about anything that made my daughter stay here, even if it was a good thing, a positive reason she wanted to stay. I’d just see that as an impediment.”

“And what if they’re fine with it?”

“Good. Then they’re fine with it.” He doubted it would be that easy.

“Is it important to you for them to like you personally?”

“I’d prefer that. I ... it’s a little important.” He wanted his partner’s family to like him. He didn’t know what Mary knew about his relationship with Ella, but he did know Mary would tell Becky if he told Mary too much. “I just want them to see that she’s safe, healthy, and happy here. Frankly, she’d be happier if this hadn’t happened. Or even happier if she’d never been kidnapped, but that’s ... not even worth talking about anymore.”

“Her family might want to understand more about that.”

“Probably, but there’s really not much to tell, is there?” Ella didn’t remember much about her kidnapping and didn’t want to remember her captivity, certainly didn’t want to talk about it.

“What did you mean by ‘defend her’?”

“If they attack her. Verbally, I mean. If they’re angry at her ... If they try to pressure her to leave. I’ll stand up for her. She might not be able to, ya know. She’s the toughest person I know, but all that baggage, and it being her parents. She might not be able to.” Mary had been working with Ella on exactly that, and even with the exercises and rehearsals, she knew it was a possibility Ella would fall to pieces when she saw them, or else not be able to resist their entreaties. She might not even want to, and for Mary, that was the professional challenge. Ella, not Stacy, was her patient, and Mary would need to be careful and discerning. If Ella did want to leave, Mary would be expected to judge whether it was out of genuine desire or coercion.

“You want them to leave pretty quickly, don’t you,” Mary asked.

“I want them to stay for as long as Ella wants them to.” Not longer. He didn’t know how this would alter his life. He felt selfish for thinking about that, for thinking about what he wanted and not Ella, but her life and his life were intertwined. That she hurt, hurt him also.

And if Ella were to leave, even if because she genuinely wanted to, Becky had already talked with Mary about getting Jamie back into therapy. She knew it would be a of work getting Jamie happy again.

——————-

“Shhh,” Becky shushed Amanda when she closed the door from the garage. “Jamie is asleep in the living room.”

“Sorry,” Amanda said more quietly. 

“He fell asleep with his book, so I didn’t move him. How was shopping?”

“Good. I think I have everything I need to get started. Had to park in the driveway, but it’s all in the garage for now.”

“That just leaves some things for Jamie,” Becky said.

“Not much, though. Toys and clothes mostly. A lot less to get him since we’re sharing a room.”

“And you’re really okay with that?”

“A little late to not be. Lease is signed. Besides, he shares my bed at least a couple nights a week. I like it. Someone to snuggle with.”

“You know it’s okay sometimes if it’s one of your days with him and you want to reschedule for a date or to go out.”

“You’ve said,” Amanda answered.

“I just want you to be able to do normal stuff for someone your age. I don’t want you to live like a single mom and miss out on being 24.”

“Two days a week and every other weekend aren’t that much.” Amanda caught herself. “I mean, it won’t keep me from having a life outside school and taking care of him.” It was felt that would be best for Jamie, and they knew in practice that might end up being different. She’d see him most days anyway, picking him up from daycare. Jamie had agreed it was the best schedule.

“Did Jamie ever ask you about ...”

“Hey, Manda,” a bleary eyed Jamie said as he shuffled across the kitchen.

“Im’a start calling you Baby Bed Head,” Amanda said, chuckling at the way his hair would always stick up when he got out of bed.

“Don’t you have enough nicknames for me,” Jamie said dryly. 

“What’s with the attitude, buster,” Becky said as she leaned over to pick him up. There was a kilt to her voice, but also a gentle admonishment.

“Sorry,” he yawned. “What are you guys talking about.” He leaned his head on Becky’s chest. She smoothed his hair with her palm.

“The apartment. The last few things we need,” Amanda said.

“No more shopping,” Jamie pleaded.

“Do you need to go lay down for longer,” Becky asked. Jamie was sometimes groggy after a nap, but he wasn’t usually grumpy. He felt sleepy, like his muscles were still tired and soft, laying limp against her.

“No,” he responded. Becky didn’t quite believe him. 

“What if it was in my bed? You can take your bear and just watch TV,” she suggested, suspecting he’d fall asleep again soon. After she’d put him down, she went back downstairs to find Amanda fixing herself a glass of tea. Jamie had shown them how to make cold tea.

“He’s a grumpy butt,” Becky said.

“Wonder why he’s so tired. Maybe he’s not sleeping well.” She stirred her glass. “He does have a lot on his mind.”

“Yes,” Becky sighed. “He sure has been a mama’s boy lately.”

“Mhmm,” Manda said as she sipped. She didn’t mind, but she noticed. She was afraid it was because he was mad at her, even if he didn’t know it. 

“Mel, too,” Becky said. Amanda knew that. She knew why, but now that her mom said it again, it did make her think.

“Do you think he’s mad at me again,” Amanda asked, “now that it’s getting so close? Maybe he doesn’t even know he is.”

“I don’t think so, honey. Sometimes littles just go through phases when they want one person more. Kids, too. You used to do it.”

“What do other families do,” Amanda asked. “Someone just moves out and the little has to accept that as normal. Like when a sibling moves out, I guess.”

“People have different relationships with their littles than you do with Jamie. He is unregressed after all.”

“And he’s special needs,” Amanda reminded Becky.

“You still think so?”

“I think he’ll always be. All the ways trauma shaped him. Even if it’s less obvious now.”

“I don’t see much of it at all anymore,” Becky said. She questioned whether there was something she missed. It made her instantly insecure.

“Mostly it’s not there, but he still kind of fragile. He cries more easily than Rosie, and she’s regressed. Much more easily than Ella.”

“Ella doesn’t cry at all,” Becky said. Not over the things littles typically cried over, and not over many of the things bigs cried over. Ella was more likely to get angry than sad, at least around Becky and Amanda. She was more open with her feelings around Stacy and Jamie.

“I don’t mind that he’s a crybaby,” Amanda said. “He usually stops pretty quick. It’d be cute if he weren’t sad. Makes my heart hurt.”

“You’re a good big sister,” Becky told her daughter.

“I think he spent so many years hiding his emotions, not letting himself feel them sometimes even, he just lets out whatever he’s feeling. It’s good for him.” And though she hated seeing him sad, she loved comforting him. Jamie was at his most Little when he was sad, tired, sick, or hurt. He gave up any pretense of taking care of himself when he felt that way. Amanda and Becky sat silently for a few minutes, thinking about their boy and all that he would need from them over the coming weeks.

“I wish there were something special we could do for him,” Amanda said. “He’s gonna be acting like a miniature big the whole time Ella’s family is here. Gonna be hard. And exhausting.”

“We’ll just have to take extra special care of him. We can call in Mel if we need reinforcements.”

“Seems like all he wants to do these days is cuddle,” Amanda said.

“I know.”

“I’m a little worried about him. He’s always affectionate, but I don’t know. It just seems like he’s trying to tell us something.”

“Lot of change in his life,” Becky said. “Maybe he just needs to feel safe. Where’s safer than in our arms?”

“That’s what it is. You’re not changing.”

“How do you mean?”

“I’m moving. You’re not. You’re the most stable thing in his life right now.” Manda’s shoulders slumped.

“He’ll adjust. We all will. Why don’t you offer to share your bed tonight. You’ll both feel better.”

“I feel fine.”

“I’m your mom. I know you better than that.” 

“I’m just jealous is all.”

“Maybe,” Becky said, “But it’s okay for you to be scared, too.”

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Glad the story with Ella is moving forward, but I'm just as nervous as Jamie. It's like Jamie is going meet his girlfriend's family, but his girlfriend hasn't seen her family in years. It's gonna be weird and possibly a very toxic situation.

• Like 1

Chapter 44

“Hi, Stacy,” Becky answered as she pick up her phone, taking it off speaker.

“Hi. Ella isn’t feeling well today, so she’s going to stay home.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. She’s just ... she’s not feeling like doing anything.” To Becky, that sounded like depression. Jamie would be disappointed.

“Well, I know Jamie would love to see her. I can bring him over later if she feels up to it.”

“Thanks,” Stacy replied. “I’ll text you around lunch time. I’d ... “ Becky heard Stacy sigh on the other end of the line. “I’d appreciate it; I just don’t know if she’ll want to. You know her family arrives today?”

“Yeah, I remember. She’s not talking to them today though, is she?”

“No. Mary said not to do that. She thinks talking by phone could just put everyone on edge.”

“Must be hard to wait. For both of you.”

“Yeah,” Stacy said dejectedly.

“You know if you need anything, we’re here for you. Anything at all. In fact, what if I made you some dinners?”

“That ...” Stacy cut herself off, and Becky heard her stifle a cry. Becky and Stacy were not close despite their littles’ friendship. Becky didn’t know what kind of support Stacy had. Ella didn’t have grandparents or aunts or uncles so far as Becky knew. It was just the two of them, though Becky knew there were friends and neighbors. She just didn’t know how close they were.

“That would be nice. Thank you.”

“I’ll bring it by tomorrow.”

“Thank you. I gotta go. I got a little to take care of.”

“Text me later.” 

Stacy hung up. Becky couldn’t imagine losing Jamie. She couldn’t imagine seeing him hurting so. She didn’t want to try to imagine those things. She felt pity for Stacy; admiration, too, because Stacy had held herself together through months of uncertainty, kept Ella on as good a keel as could be expected. That Stacy had taken in a rescue at all was itself a kind of wonder. Getting Jamie to a happy, well adapted place was hard. A rescue from Aidu? Becky wouldn’t have attempted it. She knew she wasn’t that selfless a person.

At Stacy’s home, Ella had overheard parts of the conversation while resting her head in Stacy’s lap. Stacy set the phone down and ran her fingers through Ella’s long hair. Ella hadn’t said much since waking up. Just that she wanted to stay home. Outside, it was a sunny, warm day. Sun and clouds take no notice of us. The sun shines on the happy and the sad. The same clouds pass over them.

“Do you want some medicine, Ell Bell?” The anti-anxiety pills the doctor gave Stacy for Ella. Or the stronger sedative, but that seemed premature. Ella shook her head.

“Just tell me what I can do for you, baby,” Stacy said and then added, “whenever you’re ready.”

Ella pictured her family arriving. The disorientation they’d feel. The fear, likely. They must be so nervous, too, she knew. She didn’t know how’d they’d prepared. There hadn’t been much communication between them and the attorney. Stacy swore to Ella she’d told her everything they had sent and asked. And now they were sharing the same sun again.

“Can you close the blinds, please,” Ella asked. “It’s too bright in here.”

——————————-

Becky sipped her tea. She wasn’t in a hurry to get Jamie up. He’d be disappointed again, but at least she could promise he’d see Ella tomorrow when they dropped off the meals. That might make him feel better, helping to make them dinner. She pulled her grocery list from the fridge magnet that held it and started to add to it. When she was done, she went to wake Jamie. Kazoo was waiting on the floor, all wagging dog ready to be played with on a brand new day. Becky admired her sleeping little before waking him.

“Get up, get up, you sleepyhead! Get up! Get outta bed!” Becky sang. Jamie stirred and opened his eyes. “Morning is here, Baby Bear.” He sighed, sat up, and held out his arms. Becky reached into the crib and lifted him out.

“Morning, Mommy,” he yawned as she situated him on her hip. She carried him straight to the bathroom for his morning bath. She set him on his feet and turned on the tap.

“Did you not sleep well?”

“I slept okay.”

“Maybe some water will wake you up. We’re going to see Ella tomorrow, so today let’s find some fun things to do.”

“Not today?”

“Not today. She’s staying home today.” She stripped Jamie of his nighttime diaper and lifted him into the tub. He sat himself down. He knew he couldn’t understand what Ella was going through, but he could be there for her if she’d let him. He knew it wasn’t about him, but he still had to fight away the feeling he was being rejected.

“Maybe I could make her feel a little better,” he ventured.

“I’m sure you can,” Becky replied as she started scrubbing Jamie, who wasn’t paying much attention to her. “And we’re going to make some dinners for her and Stacy today to take over tomorrow. Will you help me?”

“Of course,” he replied, though he knew there wasn’t much he could do in the kitchen. At least, he normally couldn’t. He didn’t know what they’d be making.

“Can you do me a favor today,” she asked.

“Smile for me. It’ll make you feel better. Everything is going to be okay.” She didn’t know that, but Becky believed, even without realizing it, that thinking it even if she didn’t know helped makes things easier, and it seemed to be true more often than not.

Jamie sighed and managed one of his gentle smiles, the kind that only turned up the left side of his lips but made his eyes soften. It was his mellow smile and his contented smile and his tired smile.

“Why don’t we go to the grocery store, and then we can come home and put everything away, and then we can go to the pool? Does that sound nice?”

“I guess,” Jamie answered. “May I call Ella later?”

“Stacy is gonna text me later. I’ll ask if Ella is up for it.”

“She should be,” Jamie said, feeling put out. “I mean, I just want her to let me help her through this. I know that’s selfish...”

“That’s not selfish. That’s the opposite of selfish.”

“Depends on why you want to help. I do wanna help. I just also, ya know, I want her to want me to help. Even need me to.”

“Well, you can start by making her dinner, and when we take it to her tomorrow, I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you.”

————————

“This is a long list, Mom,” Amanda observed as they got out of the car and headed into the store. 

“It’s enough for five different dinners for them, plus our week,” Becky replied. “Here.” She took the list and tore it in two. “Let’s split up.” Jamie went with Amanda.

“Just think,” Jamie said. “Soon you’ll be doing this for your own pantry.”

“Yep.” Amanda headed first in the opposite direction of their mom. She didn’t want to talk about her move at all, mostly because she recognized Jamie was not a happy camper and didn’t want to let him wallow in his bad mood. 

“What would you like for dinner this week,” she asked. “Anything.”

“Hmmm. Tacos?”

“We can do tacos.”

“Taco Tuesday,” Jamie quietly mused.

“We can make those. What’s a ‘Tuesday,” Amanda asked, overhearing him and mistaking his meaning.

“A day of the week back home. People call it Taco Tuesday. Or they did when I left.”

“And everybody eats tacos on Tuesday? Is that a rule or something?”

“No. It’s just a joke because they alliterate.”

“Cute,” she said. She handed him the list. “Anything not on there that you want?” Amanda was a soft touch. If it would make Jamie feel better, she’d get him two of anything. Jamie was so hard to cheer up. Most littles just needed their tummy tickled. Amanda had quickly learned that when Jamie was in a sour mood, tickling his tummy pissed him off something mighty.

“Can we get some little snacks for Ella?”

“Yeah. You wanna go pick some out? He nodded, and Amanda lifted him out of the cart. “I’ll be by the dairy.” In sight of the little food aisle. “Just come find me if anything is too high.”

Most things were too high, always were, but Jamie knew Ella’s favorite snacks and anyway, he was glad to be out of the cart. Jamie had spent most of his adult life before Itali alone in public. He shopped alone, he ate out alone. He grew to like it.

Ella liked chocolate and snack crackers. The Cheezums were low enough, but the chocolate was too high. Glancing around, he consider climbing the shelf but knew that would be a bad idea. He’d certainly get in trouble for that. He started walking toward the dairy section when he almost got run over by an older woman pushing her cart down cross aisle. It wasn’t her fault. He did that all the time back in the days when he grocery shopped, turning a corner and almost bumping into someone before they smiled their apologies and excused themselves.

“Woah,” the woman said. She pushed her cart aside and knelt down. “Are you okay?” Her voice had the lilt strangers frequently used with him, the one that told him they assumed he was regressed.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“Where’s your...”

Jamie interrupted her, “Could you please help me get something down?”

“Are you allowed to have that,” she asked, gesturing toward the box in his hand.

“Um, yes.”

“Hmm,” the woman said suspiciously. “Why don’t we go find your mommy?” He was used to being patronized. What bothered him was being ignored. What angered him was the assumption he was lost and dishonest. He remembered the type from his childhood, the kind that assumes kids are always up to something and never truthful, an assumption that was often been applied to him because he was in foster care, as though he were there for some past crime he’d never live down.

“Okay, but first, could you please help me get a bar of chocolate?”

“Are you sure you wouldn’t like some fruit instead? It’s much healthier,” the woman informed him.

Not really wanting to talk to her anymore, Jamie replied, “Thank you. I don’t need your help after all.” He looked instead at what he could reach and reached for a package of cookies Ella liked.

The woman said, “Let’s go find your mommy, and she can decide if you can have those. Do you want to bring your box with you?” People who set out to be helpful sometimes miss the mark. Jamie knew that, and he chose to ignore her. She reached for his hand as she said, “C’mon.”

Jamie yanked his hand away and lost his temper. “All you had to do was say excuse me and walk away. So if you’ll excuse me...” He started walking past her.

“Alright,” she said as she looked around, “let’s just see who’s missing a mouthy little around here,” intending to take him to the customer service counter for them to page his mom. She reached for his hand again, and he yanked it away. Looking around her, Jamie could see Manda comparing the labels on something. All he had to do was shout her name. He didn’t want to. He wanted to handle it on his own, just because.

“Lady,” he said, “I’m not regressed, which is none of damn business anyway, and if you try to touch me again I’m going to scream, so just move out of my way.” He started going around her as soon as he finished talking, sliding past her as she said, “I was just trying to help.” Jamie ignored her and kept walking until he got to Amanda and the cart. He reached up and dropped the two packages in the cart.

“What happened,” Amanda asked, not needing to know him to recognize his pissed off expression.

He looked back, and the woman was gone. “Some nosy big kept trying to grab my hand and take me to come find you?”

“Where?”

“Over there, somewhere.”

“Should we go tell the manager?”

“What’s the point? Probably just say that’s what you’re supposed to do with a lost little.”

Amanda sighed, suspecting he was right. “You wanna cookie?”

“I want a goddam drink is what I want.”

“Hey,” Amanda said softly, hoping her lowering her voice would nudge him to lower his as he knelt down in front of him. “Take a deep breath with me.” She inhaled deeply, and after rolling his eyes, he did the same, and they did it twice more. “I’m sorry that happened. Do you wanna go outside for a minute and calm down?”

“No. I wanna ... I don’t know what I wanna.”

“Then let’s finish up our shopping, and we can go home and figure it out. You want in the cart or you wanna walk?”

“In the cart, please.” At least there he could just sit and zone out. Amanda picked him up and gave him a hug and a kiss before getting him into the seat.

“Sure you don’t want a cookie? Or your paci?”

“Pacifier,” Jamie said softly. Amanda got it out of the diaper bag and handed it to him. He looked at it and twirled it in his fingers before putting it in, then rested his elbow on the handle and his chin in his palm until they found Becky.

“What happened,” Becky whispered to Amanda when she saw Jamie looking unhappy.

“A big was rude to him the little food aisle. Tried to grab his hand,” Amanda told her.

“Are you okay, baby,” Becky asked, stooping down to look him in the eye.

“Yeah, I’m just having a bad day,” Jamie said. 

Becky kissed his cheek and tousled his hair before straightening up. Putting on a smile, she said, “Let’s check out and go home.” Inside, she was upset and angry. Something as simple as a trip to the grocery store shouldn’t make her little boy’s day worse, and that it had made her feel bad, and it made her feel angry. It was hard enough to manage Jamie’s bad moods without the world conspiring against them. And Becky knew, and had said many times, you’re only ever as happy as your least happy child.

After checking out, she buckled Jamie into his car seat while Amanda loaded the back of the car. “What can I do to make you feel better today?”

“Nothing. I’m okay.”

“No you are not, James Patrick,” Becky said playfully. “And if I have to dress up in a bunny suit and sing a song to make you smile today, then we’re stopping at the costume shop on the way home.”

“Hehe,” Jamie chuckled despite himself. 

“There you are,” Becky said as tousled his hair again. “Let’s go home, and we’ll unpack, we can have an early lunch, and then we’ll go straight to the pool.”

Becky was fed up. She was fed up with inconsiderate bigs who didn’t see her Baby Bear for who he was. She was fed up with the move. She was fed up with the anxiety and drama of Ella’s family. She was fed up with Jamie not being happy these last few days. If Jamie needed to cuddle and cry it out, she was ready for it. If Jamie needed someone to be his champion and tell the world to go fuck itself, she was ready for that, too.

Once home, Becky sent Jamie to his room to change into his swimsuit while she and Amanda unloaded the car. Amanda picked up on her mother’s irritation and felt a little defensive.

“I just let him down to get something for Ella,” Amanda told Becky quietly so Jamie couldn’t hear from down the hall. “He was only gone a minute.”

“It’s not that,” Becky said. “I do that, too. It’s just ...” Becky tossed the dishrag she was holding back onto the counter.

“He’ll feel better when you feed him and after he gets some exercise this afternoon. Then you’ll feel better, too.”

“You’re only ever as happy as your least happy child,” Becky said again.

“Hug,” Amanda asked as she held her arms out. Becky hugged her back.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Hmm hope Jamie wasn't also in the habit of nearly running over free roaming toddlers in our world.  If so Becky might spank if that comes out.  Poor Ella she needs someone to alter her timeline though Jamie would I think be extra sad if she never was at his daycare.  :)

• Like 1

This most recent chapter really reminds me of the early days from volume one in terms of writing style. Really excellent and I like both that Luke is able to stand up for himself more effectively, and that Becky takes on that momma bear role so well. I hope Ella can open up a bit to Luke though. I personally know how painful it is for someone you love and care about to be hurting, and when it seems that they don't want you, it's a punch in the gut.

• Thanks 1
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)