LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

• Yes, I have a good relationship with my parents.
    • No, I do not have a good relationship with my parents.
    • I have a good relationship with my dad.
    • I have a good relationship with my mom.
    • It's complicated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a great relationship with my parents all my life. I miss my pops so much, and I pray for him everyday. My mom is doing great and  I see her just about everyday if I am not away at work. I grew up with 5 brothers all wild and crazy like me. I married young and also lost my wife at a young age. The main thing I can say about my parents is that they were always there. My mom and dad could care less if I was bisexual. As long as I was happy thats all that mattered. My dad was a sports fanatic and loved his boxing and football, and me and my brothers all excelled in sports. My mom was the disciplinarian and she took care of us when we got out of line. Spankings were a common thing, but me and my brothers were taught respect and honor. Now being a grandfather and seeing the state of our youth I sometimes wonder. My grandkids are great and I admit I spoil them rotten, but they still obey and respect pop pop. I wish my pop had lived longer to see and play with his great grandkids, I do miss him lots. So all in all I have a great relationship with my parents.

I certainly think so.

Often I realize I should be nicer to my mum. She's had an inexhaustible patience with me. It's not as if I was a particularly bad son. I wasn't getting in trouble or flunked school or anything. But I could have been better. Not raising my voice at her for frivolous things. Refrain from 'mansplaining' to her how to take proper care of her car, or do things on a computer, things that she has no obligation to understand. I'd not even think of talking like that to my grandma or my dad, so why does it not seem as unacceptable with my mom? I don't know. I'm not proud of any of that.

My mum knows I'm gay. This one time she made this silly little offhand gay joke, which I kind of put down with a more serious note, prompting her to ask if that means I like boys. I said yes. She shrugged it off with an okay and left it at that. She is an open minded person, although at times can be inapproprietly judgmental, such as the one time when she has had a stay at a hospital, and when I visited her, she told me about this man hospitalized on the same ward, having continence issues, in a condescending manner. I didn't say anything, but thought, that's not very nice, it's not like he was doing it on purpose.

My dad divorced my mum and it was, with the best of words, not nice. I sided with my mum, and I still maintain he was in the wrong (more than she was, anyway), but in the end we all got over it. Mum has found herself a partner who can be a bit handful at times, but overall he not a bad person. 

My dad got married again, he and his second wife have a daughter whom I love very dearly and so does she, I'm her favorite big brother :) . I also have an older sister, she has her own family now. We're very close. My brother-in-law is a great guy, laid back, not taking himself too seriously, and always witty and jokey. And I love my two neices too.

Me and my dad kinda had some disputes over his not-the-most-peaceful divorce with my mum, and what preceeded it, but as I said, we have put that in the past and are now as good as can be.
Dad is a skilled tradesman, when he and mum were still together, he was often doing various side jobs to bring some extra money home, jobs that required woodworking and metalworking skills and he would sometimes take me with him, teach me how to work with hand and power tools, or show me around the little workroom we had back home. I take after him in that regard, finding joy in building or repairing various things, fixing things around the house, altough I incline more towards electrical than other crafts. I'm intent on learning how to weld. MIG and TIG are the methods I admire. Dad was a welder, but he only did MMA.

I still haven't come out to him. I know full well he's not homophobic. He's expressed more acceptance towards gays than my mum has, actually. Probably something to do with my mum being kinda-sorta christian, whereas my dad is an atheist, same as me. When I was sixteen, he, like outright asked me: "So, what about you and girls, anything going on? Or is it boys?" But that was quite a while ago. I wish I had myself figured out back then. It would have been so much easier. I have this worry that it would disappoint him now, learning I'm gay, not because he sees it as something wrong, but because it's probably not what he had expected of me. I'd always get asked when visiting, how's it going with me, what about girls, I'd usually have nothing to say on that matter, and eventually I'd tell them not to ask me anymore, that I will tell them myself when there was something to tell... and he often talks about kids, how now that since my sister is married and has two daughters, and as he has another daughter, that it's my turn now to keep the patrilineality going. And I just don't know how to tell him that it's probably not going to happen.

As for my ABDL side, nobody from my family knows anything. I intend to keep it that way. Some things are just not meant for a discussion at the family table. There's nothing to gain from that.

• 2 weeks later...

if going to my dad's funeral just to see if he was really dead then i guess i do. he was a mean SOB and my mom was the typical wife of of the 60s stay at home and do what she was told. she outed me to my dad more than once which cam with a beating. so when my dad pasted and my sister called me to tell me i was not going to go to the funeral but the man i was living with told me i really should and he would take me. so wearing my fines dress i went omg love the faces of his friends. my mom asked me to leave i got my point across. have not spoke to my mom since them and my sister is very cold to me after that.  

It's...complicated. My mom and I were close growing up, largely because I was used as an emotional crutch and she presented herself as having been wronged by my father (plot twist - she wasn't) but I'm well aware we'd have effectively disowned each other by now if she were alive. My dad and I are surface level close, but I wouldn't go to him for anything deep and know better than to ask for any kind of real help. I've often thought his fondness for me is because more because i'm "his" child than who i am as a person,

12 hours ago, musicaddict said:

I've often thought his fondness for me is because more because i'm "his" child than who i am as a person,

I can very well relate with what you feel about your dad’s motives. For mine, “family” as a concept is a value within itself, regardless of the virtues of family members.

I grew up in a religious household myself with parents who felt they had a right to decide what our beliefs were (which is probably very similar to most religious households, but since that was all I knew back then, we were kind of the one family that was dysfunctional, but did not believe it). I get along fine with my parents right now, but back in the day, my mother was the strict one and my father was the fun one. We didn't like my mom's strictness as kids, but years later as an adult, I found there was a lot more to that story than we knew about at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

My parents were divorced when I was a baby, and I've had a single mom since I can remember. I only ever saw my biological father 1-3 times a year. We never knew each other well, and suffice to say, we had a very distant relationship when I was a child and a teenager. At the time of writing this, we aren't in any contact and have not seen each other in person in 4 years. My mom and I have a very difficult, and downright abusive relationship. 

• Sad 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mother and I are very close. My father died in 1999 and although I loved him, we had some serious issues. I wanted to adopt a baby girl as a single parent and he wanted me to get involved in some self-centered bitch who would run the whole show when it came to raising a daughter and eventually sue me for alimony and child support while not allowing me to see my daughter. (I never did that). I took care of other people's children and mentored them, which he hated. He could never understand my strong dislike for relationships with adult women and why I never wanted to date. I'm sure if he was still alive (he'd be 100!) he'd be very pleased that when I looked into adopting, the first thing I was told was that I didn't earn enough money to go through with it. I'm 62 now, which means I'm way past the cutoff age of 42 for adopting an infant.

Nope. I went no contact with my dad a year after moving out. My mum has been severely mentally ill my whole life; she doesn't have the capacity to have a relationship with me, good or not.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...