LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

• Yes, I have a good relationship with my parents.
    • No, I do not have a good relationship with my parents.
    • I have a good relationship with my dad.
    • I have a good relationship with my mom.
    • It's complicated.

I personally had a pretty good relationship with my dad. Unfortunately he died about a year ago. I never had a good relationship with my mom. I was actually financially and emotionally abused by her in the past. I'm currently no-contact with her and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just out of curiosity, how have your relationships with your parents been in general?

I've never met my dad and haven't seen my mom in over 13 years. Was told she had passed 6 years ago to cancer but don't know for sure.....so I guess it's complicated ?

I responded that it was a complicated relationship.  Overall I'm able to say I've always had good re pore with my parents, although there were some tough times, especially as a younger adolescent with my mother - she's always been controlling but at that time even more.  Could've used some counseling at that time due to circumstances, but it was the belief back then, that it was never good to go share your thoughts for fear you'd be considered a mental case, so none was offered.

Both parents are gone now, my dad in 2011 and my mom in 2017.  Strangely I cried more over my mom's death than over my dad's, go figure!

• 2 weeks later...

It's complicated!  My father passed away 13 yrs ago and my mother lives 400+ miles away (my choice to move)  

When I was in my early 20's my parents were going through a bitter divorce and they each used us (kids) like pawns against one another and I chose Mom's side.  I began to hate my father almost as much as my mother did.   After my father had finally moved out of the house, my mother turned on me and forced me to move out as well even though I was helping her with my younger siblings. 

When I got married a few years later, I had to choose which parent to invite to my wedding.  Everyone said that if I invited my Father, they would boycott my wedding.  Nice, huh?  So mom got the invite and the rest of the family attended but after the wedding I mended my relationship with my dad.  Soon after, he remarried and he and his new wife moved from NJ to Florida.  I would talk to him every so often but he mostly wanted to know how my mother was doing.  I believe he still loved her and wished he could have her back.  After a few years, his wife told me to stop calling because she believed my calls were upsetting him too much.  Sadly, I complied and a year or two later, I found out that my father had passed away and she didn't have a funeral for him or tell either of his 2 sisters.

My mother on the other hand has always been a very negative person and has found fault in everything I do/have done.  She couldn't even pay me a compliment on my wedding day without getting her digs in first.  When my husband and I had the opportunity 24 yrs ago to move from NJ to NC, I jumped at the chance even though it meant leaving everyone I knew behind.  Now, I talk to my mother on the phone 2-3 times a month, visit with her once or twice a year and I can shake off her negativity so much easier from 400 miles away.  I love my mother but it is so much easier to love her from afar.

• 2 weeks later...

for some things i do have a very good relationship with my parents about. as far as wearing diapers,useing pacis,and a bottle they don't know about any of that stuff.

I have always had an excellent relationship with my parents, still in love with each other and in excellent health. My Dad finally retired from the meat packing industry five years ago. Mom retired about 10 years ago. Growing up my maternal grandparents live next door. When I was 12 my Mom's youngest sister and her husband bought the house across the street. I remain close with them.

A common bond is that all my sisters, Mom, Granny Vi and Aunt Betsy are urinary incontinent. So are Mom's other sisters who moved far away before I was born so I hardly know them. My father-in-law died in 1996. I wish I had known him. My mother-in-law dies in late 1994, more than 3 years after I married my husband. Unfortunately by the time I met my husband his mother was elderly and suffering from dementia. By all accounts I would have liked her when she was younger.

No, I was born to a mother who despised me from the start and told me so through both words and actions.

I watched her almost beat my younger brother to death one day, which brought back memories of when I was around 2 and she was cleaning the blood off of my face after she had nearly killed me. 

In retrospect, I believe that is why I have a fantasy of being a baby again in the care of a loving Mommy: It's something I never had.

Finally, in 2001, I got the courage to break off all contact with her and be done with my dysfunctional family life.

I haven't seen or spoken to my mother in almost 20 years.

My real father left us when I was a baby.  He drank himself to death at the age of 37.

My step-father was just as abusive as my mom.  He did 8 years in prison for bank robbery, and died of a stroke a few years later after he got out of prison.

Good riddance.  I hope he burns in Hell. ?

16 hours ago, duluthdiapers said:

No, I was born to a mother who despised me from the start and told me so through both words and actions.

I watched her almost beat my younger brother to death one day, which brought back memories of when I was around 2 and she was cleaning the blood off of my face after she had nearly killed me. 

In retrospect, I believe that is why I have a fantasy of being a baby again in the care of a loving Mommy: It's something I never had.

Finally, in 2001, I got the courage to break off all contact with her and be done with my dysfunctional family life.

I haven't seen or spoken to my mother in almost 20 years.

My real father left us when I was a baby.  He drank himself to death at the age of 37.

My step-father was just as abusive as my mom.  He did 8 years in prison for bank robbery, and died of a stroke a few years later after he got out of prison.

Good riddance.  I hope he burns in Hell. ?

I'm so sorry to hear you had such a bad experience growing up. I hope things are going better for you now.

• 2 months later...

I can't say I had a positive relationship with mine. I and my brothers were basically born into a dysfunctional world of alcohol and narcissism. My parents fought a LOT, and I remember hearing my mom screaming at my dad about some manipulative thing he did, and once watching from the stairs as he held her by the wrists trying to keep her from either belting him or scratching his eyes out! . Sadly she died in 1969... I was 8, and never really got to know her.... Though I do understand more about the situation and her life.... And why she drank...though my dad did nothing to help, other than abusing her psycologically and emotionally. I forgave her many years ago, so that brought me some peace. 

My dad the narcissist manipulator and psycological abuser.....I tried for many years to have some kind of connection....but he just wasn't interested. He didn't want kids in the first place, but mom did..so when she died, we were left with a parent who did'nt want us, and who resented us.....and he never pased up an opportunity to let us know that....ugh! So anyway.....he died in 2007.... And As hard as I tried..I really could'nt care less. All the work and effort I put in to help... Emotional investment.all for naught.... I tried to forgive him and his "incompleteness" but thinking about all the stuff he did and the people he hurt still makes me mad, and I hold him responsible for my mom's death. It has been a long road.... And I wish I could just forget the whole f*cking thing.... Someday I guess. So look I guess I can say that no, I do not have a good or any relationship with my parents. Though, I will say I go visit my mom and talk to her now and then, I left her flowers for her birthday and for mothers day a while ago. Part of me misses her...I really wish I could have gotten to know her.. Oh well, maybe next time.

• Like 1

Both my parents have died, we get along much better now. No more arguments, or snide comments. They taught me alot about what NOT to do as a parent. My kids are the better for it. 

• Thanks 1

Thankfully I have and they have a good relationship with each other, even though they are not together anymore 

I work in same company as my dad (Only family works there)

My mom has worked there as substitute, but now has a better job suited for her

• 10 months later...

Replying as I marked It's Complicated.

My childhood was rough. My mom was suffering with undiagnosed Depression and Bipolar Disorder, while my Dad 12 to 14 hour days to make sure the bills were paid. There was a lot to go through when I ran away, but getting myself therapy and convincing my Mom to do the same, we're getting to have a good relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are both gone now. But I had a good relationship with my mom although she was often difficult because of being an alcoholic. I had a much more difficult relationship with my father who was stricter and more judgmental. We kind of reconciled a bit after I left home and he got older. He later apologized for some of what we went through. But we were never close.

• 2 months later...

I had a half way decent relationship with my parents until the age of 13 when I came out to them as being gay. My father despised me and called me all sorts of derogatory names of gay persuasion. My father finally fed up with looking at me finally kicked me out of my home, my mom equally guilty did not stop him. I had nowhere to go and called my aunt and she without hesitation adopted me legally. I was a mess and a wreck. My school grades were well below failing. My aunt helped me get myself back on course and I went to straight A's. She helped me everyday with homework and was my pillar of strength. I don't hate my parents, but I can't say I love them either. As for my aunt, I worship the ground she walks on and owe her my life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a great relationship with my mom! She doesn't know I wear diapies though, but even if she did I know she would support me. She's a very open minded person and I love that about her.? As for my dad, I didn't know him and he shot himself when I was 3. He wasn't a very good man to hear my mom tell it. But that's okay because I believe your desires determine your Destiny, and believe that I have the perfect daddy waiting for me in heaven!?

tenor.gif

• Like 1

@kasarberang I just wanna say thank you so much for such an interesting topic!!

I have an excellent relationship with both my parents. Though my dad passed in 2003 from dreaded cancer. My parents would have been celebrating their 60th anniversary December 12th of this year. My parents loved me without question and supported me in every way they could. Even my 2 younger brothers were very well loved. I can't figure where one of my brothers went wrong with his son, but thats a whole other story. As a child I was raised with love and kindness. Both my parents worked and I took care of the house till the age of 15 when my twin younger brothers were born. I came out to my parents at a very young age about being bisexual, and my mother already knew before I spoke the words. My dad in his own words told me I will always be his little girl no matter what. He meant that and he kept his word till he passed. My mom became too much of a burden for my brother to handle so she has been living with me for the past 10 years. My mom always took care of me when I was young and if I ever got sick (which was rare) she took time off from her job to take care of me. I now in turn do everything in my power to make her remaining years as comfortable as I can for her. My wife adores her and also helps and my dear nephew loves his nana and is with her most of the day. I know growing up kids told me they hated their parents and I never understood why, but reading this thread me and my wife are sitting here holding each other and just crying like two little girls. Reading how some of these parents were to their children is just in a simple word horrendous !! Why on earth would you have children and treat them like yesterdays garbage ? I have wanted children all my life and was never blessed. I have had 2 miscarriages. I guess god intended me to be barren. I have raised my nephew since the age of 13 and he has been nothing but a joy and a treasure. After reading the stories I went upstairs and hugged my mom and kissed her cheek and told her I love her. I kiss her many times a day and tell her I love her constantly. I never know when god will take her from me, but I do know that I hugged her and kissed her. Reading these stories makes me question if there is a god and why he would let things happen the way they do. Free will is something we all must think about...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would definitely choose the "it's complicated" option. I have a good relationship with my parents now, but that is mostly because I find forgiveness is much less energy-intensive than resentment. My dad passed away when I was 9, but my memories of my early childhood are pretty peaceful. I got a step-father out of the deal a year later. 

My step-father was very hard to live with when I was a 'tween and a teenager; he was a practicing alcoholic even then, and very critical, emotionally and occasionally physically abusive. There was a distinct divide in terms of the standards of living of his kids from his previous marriage, versus my siblings, and he devoted a lot of his energy to trying to sew resentment between all of us, creating artificial rivalries and discord and a general feeling of living in a war zone, which he seemed to enjoy. He also openly humiliated me in front my extended family regarding my needing to wear diapers to bed. Later, after I no longer needed them, when I started secretly wearing cloth diapers of my own making, he found one under my dresser in my room, and yelled at me about it in front of my entire family, a deeply humiliating experience for a 13-year-old, which caused me decades of deep shame and embarrassment that I am only now coming out from under. This site, and the kind advice of the people here, has been an invaluable aid to that, by the way. 

My parents also lost about a decade post-retirement to a decent into alcoholism that caused them to miss the early years of my children's lives, and that had us all thinking they were circling the drain, but with a tremendous amount of effort on all or our parts, they got through it, and they seem to be pretty stable now. 

It seemed that I was a lot closer with my mother than I was with my father when I was a kid. As I got older, my father and seemed to clash a lot, until my choices led me down the wrong path at age 22. Sadly, the marriage was falling apart long before. (Lots of arguments and accusations of who messed up who to put it lightly) 

During my extended time out, including mental health treatment, I came to the realization that none of what I experienced was “normal” or healthy. I also come to the realization that my father and I were really not all that different. 

Now, it’s different. I’m talk to my dad once a week, even if it’s only a few minutes. 

I suspect my mother is bi-polar along with a nice selection of other unresolved psychological issues.   On the one hand, I was mommy’s little boy. I could do no wrong. On the other, she got mean on the other side of that pendulum, trying to pick a fight with me or dad, and getting madder when neither of us would take the bait.   I don’t call nearly as often. When I do, it can last quite a while, but at some point, I become the bucket that she emotionally vomits into. She’ll go off the rails because of how my sister is an evil bitch who won’t let her see her grandkids (and now great grandson), or how her husband is a good for nothing bum and the step kids want her to die because they think they’ll get her house, etc....  I think the only reason I put up with it is because part of my job is to be a target of guest hostility, even for things that I have absolutely no control of. 

So, yeah, it’s complicated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, kasarberang said:

I personally had a pretty good relationship with my dad. Unfortunately he died about a year ago. I never had a good relationship with my mom. I was actually financially and emotionally abused by her in the past. I'm currently no-contact with her and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just out of curiosity, how have your relationships with your parents been in general?

Well let's clink glasses, that's the same senario I'm in. Easily the least fun is that my dad was a really fun guy, sad to see him return the milk from the store and not himself ?.

*a round of applause for the last dad joke to be had*

• 5 weeks later...

My parents are wonderful. I've always known that they love me and have my back, and feel comfortable telling them about anything - even my fetishes! When I first discovered my kinks I was struggling a lot with self-acceptance, and telling them and them accepting me made a big difference.

• Like 1