LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

11 minutes ago, oznl said:

Bizarrely, in Australia chips are ALSO big fat oblong lumps of potato fried in cow oil despite a certain US fast food chain carpet-bombing the population with ads describing them as "fries".

Also bizarrely, Smiths sold their chips as "Smiths Crisps" for years in Australia but finally caved in back in 2003 as people kept calling them chips regardless (are you listening Maccy D?).

Who cares.  We are talking sliced potato, deep fried and lashings of salt (and if I get MY way, chilli)  usually served with alcohol.  What's not to love?

Absolutely, they are all good, potato, deep fried is brilliant. The other night I boiled up some potatoes (whole), let them cool, peeled them, sliced them finely, then sautéd them off in a mixture of olive oil, rapeseed oil and butter. They were magnificent.

I realise I'm on a diaper forum, not a cooking forum. So I'm sat here in a white ABU Simple Ultra, Suprima plastic pants and a white Tykables bodysuit.  My other half has headed to bed, so my shorts and t-shirt are now off and I can sit how I like.

Actually on that note, my drawer which I allocated to bodysuits seems to have been accepted. I now have 5 of them, they get washed and folded in the normal laundry, which I do as I'm here WFH. My wife's job that she likes (?) doing is putting the washing away. A month or so ago while I was upstairs as well she asked "where do you want 'these'?".  I just said "I've cleared a drawer there".  Anyway, each time the washing is now put away, my bodysuits are in the drawer waiting for me. I consider that some progress. 

Hope that adds some relevance? 

15 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Actually on that note, my drawer which I allocated to bodysuits seems to have been accepted. I now have 5 of them, they get washed and folded in the normal laundry, which I do as I'm here WFH. My wife's job that she likes (?) doing is putting the washing away. A month or so ago while I was upstairs as well she asked "where do you want 'these'?".  I just said "I've cleared a drawer there".  Anyway, each time the washing is now put away, my bodysuits are in the drawer waiting for me. I consider that some progress. 

That's a good bit of progress; I haven't really tested the waters on this yet, mostly because my younger daughter still intermingles her laundry with ours, which results in her doing deep dives into the clean stuff sometimes, searching for this or that, and while she utterly ignores everything in there that isn't hers, and cheerfully overturns a basket in order to retrieve one sock, leaving the contents for the dog to bed down on, I still worry that a bodysuit, as you call them, or a cloth diaper, might cause a double-take. I struggle to find the right descriptor, as an aside, for these garments - "diaper shirt" is what we call them here when they're for infants, and "onesie" is commonly employed, but can be mistaken for one-piece pajamas, so I usually say "onesie diaper shirt" to describe what is essentially a t-shirt with crotch snaps. Mine are all very sober affairs, designed to look like black or white t-shirts, so that I can wear them as undershirts. I have one pink one that was the result of an ordering error, non-returnable, and I have yet to find a use for it - pink undershirts not forming a large part of my inventory. Being as I have them primarily to make my baby underpants less detectable, I don't have any that are notably juvenile. 

I was keeping my diaper shirts kind of hidden - laundering them myself and leaving them stashed at the back of a drawer - primarily because their existence 100% underlines the reality that I now wear diapers all the time - they exist expressly to allow for discrete daytime wear. While my wife 100% knows that I am wearing diapers all the time, everywhere, we've never actually spoken of that evolution, it just kind of happened. However, coincidental to my having purchased several more of them for an excellent price, my wife decided that we needed new dressers, and she cleaned mine out... and transferred my diaper shirts over to a new one, after carefully folding the ones that weren't still in their packaging. (This further confirms for me that the universe has a sense of humour.) So, now I've taken to walking about in them as necessary, and I employ no subterfuge. Again, this is probably all in my own head - realistically, the paradigm shift for her had to have been the diapers, not the diaper accessories. It would be like if she announced that she intended to live as a man, and then I obsessed over her having bought neckties. 

As to the chips versus crisps debate, here in the frozen North, bagged, thin-sliced, fried, salted, and optionally flavoured potatoes are chips, and what you get with your hamburger at chain restaurants are fries, EXCEPT, if they're paired with deep-fried halibut, in which case, they are universally referred to as chips. Triangles of die-extruded corn flour mash that have been deep-fried and sprinkled with radioactive orange powdered dust are also chips, though sometimes referred to as nachos, however "nacho" can also be used to describe a flavour variant of then, and, to describe a plate of unflavoured corn chips that have been drizzled with either actual cheese, or a petroleum derivative, and served to you at a restaurant intermingled with jalapenos, suspicious meat, and other toppings.  

Had to add something - I'm about to jump into an online meeting for work, so I went and threw on a golf shirt. My wife saw me as I was walking back to my office, and quipped "Business up top, baby on the bottom", in reference, I assume, to the Lil' Monster I'm wearing below.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I was keeping my diaper shirts kind of hidden - laundering them myself and leaving them stashed at the back of a drawer - primarily because their existence 100% underlines the reality that I now wear diapers all the time - they exist expressly to allow for discrete daytime wear. While my wife 100% knows that I am wearing diapers all the time, everywhere, we've never actually spoken of that evolution, it just kind of happened. However, coincidental to my having purchased several more of them for an excellent price, my wife decided that we needed new dressers, and she cleaned mine out... and transferred my diaper shirts over to a new one, after carefully folding the ones that weren't still in their packaging. (This further confirms for me that the universe has a sense of humour.) So, now I've taken to walking about in them as necessary, and I employ no subterfuge. Again, this is probably all in my own head - realistically, the paradigm shift for her had to have been the diapers, not the diaper accessories. It would be like if she announced that she intended to live as a man, and then I obsessed over her having bought neckties. 

I think I've said this about how I got 'acceptance' of the bodysuits. I left one "carelessly" slightly uncovered and then saw it folded up under the duvet.  So I was like "okay I can wear these".  Never anything said and then I just started openly wearing them.

Last night my neck muscle was hurting, she offered to rub some voltarol in and said it was easier if I took my vest off. So I unpopped and took it off, let the cream soak in, then popped it back up, while she was sat there.  So I really hope progress has been made.  I mean it would be a damn sight easier to just talk about it, but I think you (and others) get this in that it just isn't that easy and will result potentially in an argument about it. So quiet acceptance is great, whilst trying not to rub it in people's faces. 

So, tomorrow morning, we have to go on a little family trip to pick something up. We don't normally need to go to many places at the moment thanks to the UK's tiered Coronavirus system, but we really do need to pick this thing up.  So I will be throwing shorts and t-shirt on over my new normal underwear to drive.  Before that has resulted in a moan and a discussion, but I'm wondering if we've evolved since then.  I hope so, fingers crossed, let's see.  I do genuinely feel so much happier wearing what I want with ease. 

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Had to add something - I'm about to jump into an online meeting for work, so I went and threw on a golf shirt. My wife saw me as I was walking back to my office, and quipped "Business up top, baby on the bottom", in reference, I assume, to the Lil' Monster I'm wearing below.

haha, that is amazing! I love that description, will have to see if I can squeeze that in somehow to a conversation. It does make me chuckle that I sit on Zoom / Hangouts calls with my Chairman and CEO talking one to one with them.  If only they knew what I wore.  But then, who is to say that they're not sat there in alternate clothing.  The thought of either of them in frilly pants or leather crotchless shorts makes me feel a bit ill though ... 

Well, I now have professionally shot photographs that suggest that, while I do perhaps look like a guy who could stand to drop a stone, my oversized jeans do a commendable job disguising my toddler underwear. They undertook a socially-distanced photo shoot at my daughter's dance studio, with everyone spaced apart and wearing masks, except for the subject of the photo, and a few people let in at a time. The moms were busy doing hair and fussing over costumes, so I got enlisted to don a mask and offer an extended hand for dancers holding precarious poses - you extend a (gloved) hand for the to balance off of until just before the photo is shot.

However, the photographer took a number of test shots with me in them, and before he deleted them, he asked if I wanted any of the shots that I was in. I went over and had a quick look on his screen, and I have to say, I don't think any of those 15 (or whatever) megapixel shots picked up any evidence of my having had a Rearz Lil' Splash on the whole time. Maybe one of you trained observers might have picked up something, but, other than my pants perhaps looking like they were one size too large, even the cold, unblinking eye of the camera seems to have missed it. 

This weekend also featured an annual Christmas gathering, heavily cut back, from a peak of maybe 15 attendees, down to four of us sitting in a cavernous basement, 10 feet apart, drinking beer and eating snacks from individual bowls. I remembered well the lessons of the last few weeks, and even though my diaper was at probably 50% capacity when it was time for me to head over, I put a new one on, so as not to have to navigate changing myself at any point, ideally. My plan worked, and when I stumbled home to bed, I threw on some plastic pants for insurance, and just went to bed in that same diaper. It's pretty rare for me to get into bed in a damp diaper, but I have to say that it was pretty comfortable - modern nappies are technological wonders, and I rode that one out until noon the next day, not a bad showing for a "day weight" diaper (a Rearz Lil' Monster in size large). 

I have another of the rare "d-word" conversations with my spouse to report; we went on a fairly long hike yesterday afternoon in a local conservation area, for about two hours of walking, a lot of it vertical, as the paths we were following wended up and down the walls of a valley that overlooked a watercourse. The temperature was hovering around zero, and there was wind, so when we got out of the car, my wife noticed my jacket, which wasn't my heaviest winter jacket, and asked if I thought I would be warm enough. The conversation went like this:

Her: "Are you going to be warm enough in that?"

Me: "Yeah, I'll be fine - I have a heavy sweater on, and I wore long underwear."

Her: "Ahhh, so you WILL wear underwear, but only if it's cold enough?"

Me: "Well, yeah, but I'm also wearing a diaper." 

Her: "Right." And then she dropped the topic. 

This also suggests to me that my oversized jeans and onesie uniform must be doing a relatively decent job of disguising my padded status, because presumably nobody knows my innate shape better than she does, and evidently my outfit didn't scream "wearing a diaper" to her. 

I was wearing a Lil' Monster on that hike, by the way, and it stood up very well to the exertion; they are truly a diaper designed for active people. 

I'm happy to report that I've been 100% in plastic diapers for quite a while, and whereas I used to only insert a onesie into my wardrobe if I thought I had to be really careful, now, I throw one on every day, and it has done wonders for allowing me to completely forget about my diaper - I can pretty much perform gymnastics in a onesie, without wondering if my diaper has appeared at the back of my waistline. If you want to just "fire and forget", consider adding some to your wardrobe. 

Further to my earlier notes about changing "elimination patterns", I also wanted to mention that when I was driving around yesterday, a couple of times, I felt a slight pressure, only at what felt like the tip of, well, my Johnson, and then I dribbled into my diaper, "as far as I know", completely involuntarily. They seemed like small amounts, and it probably happened about every 5 or 7 minutes for maybe 20 minutes. I threw "as far as I know" in quotes there, only because there's a weird anesthetized quality to the goings-on down there lately, and sort of like with quantum physics, the act of my observing a phenomenon could possibly be affecting the phenomenon, I assume. If one's subconscious can summon blindness, or even paralysis, in some documented instances of psychosomatic malady, then it's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility that I'm just granting myself what I know I want, IE, less required feedback and involvement with the potty process. Regardless, I am taking it in stride. Once I got out of the car, it stopped. I didn't try to seize control of the occurrence, because I was concerned I might interrupt it, and I wanted to take some notes. I don't know if I could have or not. 

As an aside, I'm sure I've made some physics aficionados' heads explode with my reference to, and abuse of, a concept integral to quantum physics; I know that I'm doing it no justice, but it was an analogy within easy reach. I concede that you are smarter than I am. 

Talking of walking @Little Sherri, I've had my own breakthrough this week.

I posted on one of your or @oznl's threads about when I appeared downstairs "changed" and ready to go out, with the reaction I got about "not going out in THAT".

Well yesterday (Monday), my wife just turned round and said "let's go for a walk, come on, get your shoes on". Knowing full well how I was dressed.  I put my shoes on, went for a walk and it was really nice and relaxed - no issues, no dramas, no arguing, just what feels like an acceptance that is never spoken about.

Next weekend the in-laws are visiting (garden only, we're UK tier 2, so no in-house contact), so another test to see if I don't have to "change" ... 

Life does feel so much more pleasant at the moment, long may it continue.  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Life does feel so much more pleasant at the moment, long may it continue.  

Agreed, @BedWetMark, agreed. Although objectively it makes no sense (none of this does, really), I am enjoying being in diapers all the time, with no overarching awareness that at some point it has to come to an end.

Today, I threw on plastic pants, to allow me to safely test the limits of a Rearz Elite in medium. I put this diaper on yesterday at about 4 PM before heading out on some errands which were to conclude with a couple of socially-distanced beers with a friend. Further to my comments from a few posts ago about not heading out into the wilds wearing a diaper that only has a couple of hours left in it, I had elected to put on a fresh, ultra-high-capacity diaper for the mission. I'm still in it, 18.5 hours later, and there is still a ton of capacity left, particularly at the back, which doesn't feel wet at all. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear this diaper until around the same time I put it on, so, about 24 hours, assuming I don't get self-conscious about its bulk. Elites in medium start out as reasonably discreet diapers, but, they swell quite notably once they pass the 50% threshold. My kids are both out of the house today, so that helps. Right now I am in comfortable pajama pants because it's just the wife and I, so I don't care if my plastic pants show at the top or I have an obvious wearing-a-diaper outline to my derrière. 

I'm mulling over adding some kind of diaper pail; right now, I am just tossing dead soldiers into the bathroom trash can, and relying on other debris to disguise them, until I empty the can, which I do pretty much every day, but I grow weary of servicing it that often. I was speaking with @diaperedboilerman about how he handles it, and he uses a flip top diaper pail for his, and his offspring's diapers. I was contemplating resurrecting the long-gone Diaper Genie - well, buying another, our original having been consigned to the fires of hell - but I wasn't sure if it could choke down an adult diaper the size of dead raccoon, and also, if stealth is the goal, then erecting essentially an obelisk in my bathroom that says "Somebody Wears Diapers" does not fit the mission. I wonder if I can get spousal buy-in on, say, a mid-sized stainless receptacle with a lid that clips shut or that is lifted by a pedal and otherwise held closed by a spring, the better to discourage air exchange. While this Elite is doing a remarkable job of halting the biological processes that generate that characteristic pee pee smell, I suspect that by hour 24, the forces of entropy will be prevailing within. 

Update: it's 4:20 PM here and I have hit 24 hours in this Rearz Elite Hybrid diaper. It's still decadently comfortable, although succumbing more to gravity than it did before - my onesie helps with that, but even without the onesie, the tabs are holding firm. I put plastic pants on but I don't see any evidence that they've done anything other than look cute - so far, no leaks that I can detect. Now I'm wondering if I can ride this out until I take a shower and get ready for bed. Probably not - I'm assuming that this thing is going to cry uncle at some point. It's been snowing so I've been out to clear the driveway a couple of times, which has allowed me to wear an oversized sweatshirt over top of my oversized jeans, so that I don't feel like my expanding lower area is drawing any attention. Although I definitely feel like I have a slight "cowboy walk" to me now - this diaper is noticeably preventing my legs from coming together. I've cued up one of my last Princess Pink diapers for later tonight; the kids will be home for two weeks after Friday, which will confine me to wearing my "medium weight" diapers (such as Lil' Monsters); I won't be able to get away as often with wearing a heavy diaper overnight and for the first half of the next day, so diapers like the Pink's, and my Safari's and Barnyard's and Alpaca's and BetterDry's will have to go on the back burner. 

I've bought some Cuties size 6 diapers as stuffers for the slimmer diapers, to hopefully allow me to continue to burn through about two diapers a day, sometimes three if I need to change prior to an outing. Normally I don't resort to stuffers but these Cuties were on sale for $6.99 a 20 pack, so at less than 35 cents each, the math works. It's also amazing how much they hold compared to how slim they start out. I even pulled one out and compared it to the Goodnites we have in stock for my daughter, but, alas, while they absorb more, and are much less bulky, they don't stretch enough to be a viable alternative for her. 

I've been trying nearly 24/7 over the past 2 months now.  I take steps that help me be able to wet while I am sleeping. I wear a lot during the day, but not when I am headed to the gym and doing other activities where I would get embarrassed with a diaper on.  One of the pitfalls came up today.  I was at the gym.  I actually peed my gym shorts when I didn't even realize it.  I was wearing boxer briefs and light grey shorts and so it showed right through.

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Update: it's 4:20 PM here and I have hit 24 hours in this Rearz Elite Hybrid diaper

Are you sure you're drinking enough? ?

I'm in disposables at the moment, & will be over the Christmas period, trying to be a bit more discreet while the girls are home from college & around the house all day every day.  Yesterday at about 8am I put on my first Alpaca - I had to order more disposables for the festive season so I thought I'd try them out.  It was impressive, but by 10pm it was saturated & started leaking into my plastic pants.  I can't see me lasting 24 hours in one, although I may try adding a soaker at some point, just to see if it makes much difference.  Anyway, it was seriously heavy by the time I changed out of it.  An Astronaut & soaker today I think - that may or may not last the day out.

21 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I'm mulling over adding some kind of diaper pail; right now, I am just tossing dead soldiers into the bathroom trash can, and relying on other debris to disguise them, until I empty the can, which I do pretty much every day, but I grow weary of servicing it that often. I was speaking with @diaperedboilerman about how he handles it, and he uses a flip top diaper pail for his, and his offspring's diapers. I was contemplating resurrecting the long-gone Diaper Genie - well, buying another, our original having been consigned to the fires of hell - but I wasn't sure if it could choke down an adult diaper the size of dead raccoon, and also, if stealth is the goal, then erecting essentially an obelisk in my bathroom that says "Somebody Wears Diapers" does not fit the mission. I wonder if I can get spousal buy-in on, say, a mid-sized stainless receptacle with a lid that clips shut or that is lifted by a pedal and otherwise held closed by a spring, the better to discourage air exchange. While this Elite is doing a remarkable job of halting the biological processes that generate that characteristic pee pee smell, I suspect that by hour 24, the forces of entropy will be prevailing within. 

I have a mid-sized stainless steel pedal bin in my study.

It is necessary to maintain a strict sense of discipline in not letting it get too full lest the liner bag get stuck in it, necessitating a rather unpleasant kind excavation work to free it.  It gets emptied on Wednesdays and on Sundays.

Amazingly, the pee smell, unmanaged, will seemingly penetrate the stainless steel (well, alleged stainless steel, it being of low-cost Chinese manufacture).  Ignored for too long, opening the lid can be like having Satan yawn in your face.

So, it also periodically needs to be fumigated, or burned...

Warmer weather brings another uncertain diaper-pail pleasure: condensation.  My head knows that this water is by definition pure but my heart doesn't care.

I guess it's another of the low level anxieties that float around trash removal as a consequence of our habits.

At least I’m not trying to smuggle two dead chickens per day out of the house in my bare hands.

3 hours ago, Stroller said:

Are you sure you're drinking enough? ?

I agree.  I think you need more beer.

I drank beer last night.  Somebody put 1700ml in my overnight BetterDry (I traded UP to a BetterDry for the night shift because I figured that beer had to go somewhere) and damned if I can figure out who.

5 hours ago, Stroller said:

Yesterday at about 8am I put on my first Alpaca - I had to order more disposables for the festive season so I thought I'd try them out.  It was impressive, but by 10pm it was saturated & started leaking into my plastic pants. 

I initially read this wrong, and I thought you said that you'd put on your first Alpaca at 8 AM, and that by 10 AM it was saturated and started leaking, @Stroller, and I thought, "Good Christ, how much do you drink!?!", but then I reread your post and realized that you got 14 hours out of an Alpaca, not 2. I have found Alpaca's to be a very high capacity diaper, but still not as capacious as an Elite. As to whether or not I am drinking enough, I agree with @oznl, I should be drinking  more - I intend to rectify that over the holidays, which for me, start tomorrow. But in general, keep in mind that over the 24 hours I wore that Elite, I also had it off to answer the other of nature's callings probably three times, and I cannot decouple #2 from #1, so, not *all* of my renal output was directed into my nappy. Also, toward the end of its service, I became very deliberate about changing positions in order to utilize the stuffing in the outer reaches of the back and the front, which is not what I usually do, however, I was conducting an experiment, essentially, by the end. Usually, I put my diaper on, and more or less forget about it. 

Although speaking of forgetting things, I am having rare misgivings about my plastic underpants at the moment. I wore, I think, my last remaining Princess Pink to bed last night, and my wife didn't bat an eye at my absurdly large, pink diaper, which feels like it rises about a quarter of the way up my back. I remain happily ensconced with in its comfortable confines, and I think I could wear this well into the early afternoon, however, I am scheduled to meet up with my buddy's wife at lunch, to help her in selecting a gift for him. This is the same lady that my wife, in an episode I reported sometime ago, directed to examine my derrière, and to comment on whether or not the jeans I bought were excessively large, and should be exchanged. Of course, as I'm sure you've already guessed, or recalled, I had deliberately purchased those jeans in one size too large, to hang amorphously over a diaper, which is what they were doing in that moment when my wife requested that everyone in the room conduct a study of my silhouette, which was, I assure you, deeply appreciated on my part. 

So, now whenever I see this lady, I wonder if she's casting a second glance at the sizing of my clothes. I assume she's not doing that - I don't think very many people do - BUT, anxiety about such things is a background process for me, akin to digestion - I can't just shut it down based on logic. I'm sure that if I put a onesie over it, and my usual billowing jeans, I'll be fine. The alternative would be to swap diapers, and sacrifice a few hours of this diaper's service life, like changing out lightbulbs before they burn out, rather than after. It would pain my heart to do so. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I initially read this wrong, and I thought you said that you'd put on your first Alpaca at 8 AM, and that by 10 AM it was saturated and started leaking, @Stroller, and I thought, "Good Christ, how much do you drink!?!", but then I reread your post and realized that you got 14 hours out of an Alpaca, not 2. I have found Alpaca's to be a very high capacity diaper, but still not as capacious as an Elite. As to whether or not I am drinking enough, I agree with @oznl, I should be drinking  more - I intend to rectify that over the holidays, which for me, start tomorrow. But in general, keep in mind that over the 24 hours I wore that Elite, I also had it off to answer the other of nature's callings probably three times, and I cannot decouple #2 from #1, so, not *all* of my renal output was directed into my nappy. Also, toward the end of its service, I became very deliberate about changing positions in order to utilize the stuffing in the outer reaches of the back and the front, which is not what I usually do, however, I was conducting an experiment, essentially, by the end. Usually, I put my diaper on, and more or less forget about it. 

Although speaking of forgetting things, I am having rare misgivings about my plastic underpants at the moment. I wore, I think, my last remaining Princess Pink to bed last night, and my wife didn't bat an eye at my absurdly large, pink diaper, which feels like it rises about a quarter of the way up my back. I remain happily ensconced with in its comfortable confines, and I think I could wear this well into the early afternoon, however, I am scheduled to meet up with my buddy's wife at lunch, to help her in selecting a gift for him. This is the same lady that my wife, in an episode I reported sometime ago, directed to examine my derrière, and to comment on whether or not the jeans I bought were excessively large, and should be exchanged. Of course, as I'm sure you've already guessed, or recalled, I had deliberately purchased those jeans in one size too large, to hang amorphously over a diaper, which is what they were doing in that moment when my wife requested that everyone in the room conduct a study of my silhouette, which was, I assure you, deeply appreciated on my part. 

So, now whenever I see this lady, I wonder if she's casting a second glance at the sizing of my clothes. I assume she's not doing that - I don't think very many people do - BUT, anxiety about such things is a background process for me, akin to digestion - I can't just shut it down based on logic. I'm sure that if I put a onesie over it, and my usual billowing jeans, I'll be fine. The alternative would be to swap diapers, and sacrifice a few hours of this diaper's service life, like changing out lightbulbs before they burn out, rather than after. It would pain my heart to do so. 

So I don't know how easy it would be for you to get a case but Northshore Megamax are really awesome diapers. They start out relatively slim and make almost no crinkle when you tape them right. They come in white blue and pink and hold more than a rearz elite(I'm wearing a rearz now). The only downside is they use traditional tapes and landing zone and those tapes take some elbow grease to take off. They were the most absorbent diapers until tykables came out with their new one. A medium should fit you perfectly 

35 minutes ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

So I don't know how easy it would be for you to get a case but Northshore Megamax are really awesome diapers. They start out relatively slim and make almost no crinkle when you tape them right. They come in white blue and pink and hold more than a rearz elite(I'm wearing a rearz now). The only downside is they use traditional tapes and landing zone and those tapes take some elbow grease to take off. They were the most absorbent diapers until tykables came out with their new one. A medium should fit you perfectly 

I have heard very good things about these from a number of people, @PlstkBakdnghtnday - I have to look into what's involved in getting my hands on some. I know that I could probably order them from Amazon, if nowhere else. I'm somewhat spoiled by living within 45 minutes or so of Rearz' world headquarters, so I tend to just select my diapers from their inventory, because I can drive out there and pick them up. The exception being my really slim gym & running diapers - those I get from a health place, but with the current pandemic numbers, I haven't been going to the gym, so I'm not burning through a lot of those right now. 

Actually I just went and had a look, and apparently they will ship to Canada, and with free shipping if the order is over $99 USD, which would mean ordering two cases at $89 each...mmmm.... 80 diapers, $178 USD... so, about $226 CAD... $2.80 CAD per diaper. Not bad, really, if they're as good as everyone says they are. 

Question about the sizing, @PlstkBakdnghtnday - I can wear a medium in most diapers by waist size (~36-38"), however the bottom tapes or tabs barely reach all the way around my tree-like legs, often not hitting the "landing zone", so I tend to wear medium's as single tape diapers for daytime use, and go with size large for diapers I mostly wear around the house or to bed. If I'm buying two cases, I want to get this right. Are you saying that these are slim enough to wear during the day? And do you find they tend to fit on the large side of their sizing range, or on the small side? Thanks for any thoughts you (or anyone) may have. 

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The medium is a little smaller than a large in most other brands. 

I wear a 36/38 as well and they fit perfectly 

A couple of quick thoughts this morning... first, it occurred to me this weekend that this is the first house I've lived in as an adult where I've been in diapers the entirety of my time here. Now, granted, it's only been a few weeks since we moved in, but, because I tossed my bag of boxers while disposing of debris from the last house, I've actually never had underwear in this house. Not exactly headline news, but, I am curious as to how long this can last. I'm hoping that five years from now, I'll be writing something here along the lines of "Well, it's been 5 years since we moved into this house, and I haven't been out of diapers, and I haven't looked back..."

Also, I was sampling beers with my buddies who make beer, and I finally got called out for my apparent camel-like abilities to pack away fluid. We were enjoying beverages made by several of us while sitting outside around a campfire on an uncharacteristically warm evening, if 2 degrees counts as warm, which here, in December, it does. We decided to gather outdoors in deference to the pandemic, however, people were availing themselves of either the washroom just inside the side entrance to the house, or, they were using the bushes behind the garage. Everyone, of course, other than myself. It did occur to me at one point that these guys must be getting older, because they all got up at least a couple of times over the course of maybe three hours, with one guy going three times for sure. As we were wrapping up and preparing to hail rides, one of the guys said "Last call for the washroom", then looked at me and said "Where are you putting it, my man? I haven't seen you move since we got here!" I laughed it off and said my chair, and the fire, had been extremely comfortable, spoke about the myth of not "cracking the seal", and then said "But now that you mention it, yes, I'm going to hit the head before my ride gets here.", and I went into the washroom and faked using it. The Bambino Classico I had on was probably approaching its maximum cruising range for use in one position, but it had served me well over the previous 3 hours, and once I got into bed, where the padding at the back and the upper front could get called into service, I figured it could well last me until the morning. 

Speaking of the padding at the front, I had a weird diaper dream about using my diaper while lying on my stomach, with "Mini Me" pointed due North. I awoke, convinced that I had peed up the front of myself, only to discover that I hadn't done any such thing. As far as I could tell, I hadn't peed at all. Whereas for most of my history, both as a kid, and as an adult, if I had a dream where I peed in my sleep, then I had most definitely peed in real life. Interesting. 

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays, everyone. I had my in-laws staying at my house for the last few days, so I changed gears, operating in my slimmest plastic-backed daytime diaper option. I was not prepared to spend the leadup to Christmas entirely in my cloth-backed "gym" diapers, so I tended to sleep in a Lil' Monster, so as not to waste one of my larger diapers on an assignment that was inevitably going to end prematurely, and then during the day, I went back to my modified Depends. By "modified", I'm referring to the addition of a packing tape "landing zone" on the front of the diaper, so that the tapes can be moved, and also, the insertion of a stuffer - in this case a Cuties size 6 with a perforated cover. The combination is good for about 6 hours, so I've been averaging 3-4 diapers in a 24-hour period. They are very slim and reasonably quiet, though I would not go far from the house in this getup - they tend to fail in unpredictable ways. One will go 8 hours without showing any signs of strain, while another will damped the corner of my butt in hour 2.  But, in combination with my onesies, I've been able to operate for most of the last week without worrying too much about if anything was giving away what I was wearing. 

However, I still had an eye-popper of an experience on Christmas morning. I was handing out presents and collecting crumpled wrapping paper, as the law requires of dads, when my youngest daughter said this, as I was stooped over her, reaching for something: "You smell like diapers." 

Well, my heart basically stopped for a beat, and I had to very deliberately moderate my initial reaction so as not to give away the fact that my most of my processing power was now being occupied with figuring out where to go from here. I had a quick sideways glance at my wife, who was giving me a wry look through eyes that were slits, and then I looked over at my in-laws, who seemed to have missed the comment. Meanwhile, another part of my brain was conducting a systems check... how the hell could I "smell like diapers"? We had been up for about 40 minutes at this point, at most, and I had changed my diaper as soon as I got up - the one I was in would still have had its "new car smell" - it was barely wet. 

My first thought was to just ignore the comment, but, knowing my daughter, I felt that if I did, there was about a 50% chance that she'd say it again, with greater emphasis, so I turned my head and said in a low voice, as nonchalantly as I could muster: "What do you mean, honey?"

She said "You smell like diapers, dad - you know, like baby powder." Ahh ha. She meant that I smelled like Pampers, essentially, which made sense - it hasn't been that long since she could fit into a size 7 Cruiser, so to her, that characteristic baby powder smell is "the smell of diapers", not, as I feared, the smell of stale pee. I had applied baby-powder scented diaper cream, and baby powder, when I got changed before coming down, so, of course, that was it. I said "Yeah, I think some of your mom's deodorant might have gotten on my sweater", and left it at that. But I could see my wife shaking her head.  

On 12/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Little Sherri said:

I was handing out presents and collecting crumpled wrapping paper, as the law requires of dads, when my youngest daughter said this, as I was stooped over her, reaching for something: "You smell like diapers."

Yikes.  Time to switch to unscented sudocrem and maybe a camouflaging bucket of "Old Spice"?  Better to smell like the 1970s than possibly like what you may have smelled of personally in the 1970s...

I'm still relying on my beloved's promise to let me know of any olfactory evidence.  Sometimes I wonder if she remembers this commitment herself.  There's been some long-haul-diaper moments where I thought I would have been given the nudge...

29 minutes ago, oznl said:

Yikes.  Time to switch to unscented sudocrem and maybe a camouflaging bucket of "Old Spice"?  Better to smell like the 1970s than possibly like what you may have smelled of personally in the 1970s...

Ahh, yes, Old Spice. That is indeed the characteristic smell of 1970's masculinity. I remember getting ahold of a bottle of it in the 1990's and torturing my brother by 'blessing' the contents of his closet with a light sprinkling of it, so that he'd be in the midst of getting ready to head out for a heady 1992 Friday night, when he realized that the shirt he was going to wear untucked smelled like the set of Smokey and the Bandit. Good times. 

Changing gears, oh Lordy do I need my diapers. This will not come as shocking news to anyone who has more than a passing acquaintance with what I've been up to, lo these past 20 months, but, due to the aforementioned impending medical encounters, I decided to conduct an experiment. I was brewing in my garage, and I had a couple of buddies over, and we were drinking beer while making beer, as is legally required. I was not prepared to go so far as to NOT wear a diaper - I would have had to go commando to do that - but, I decided to see if I could just not use my diaper for a period of time, like back in the old days. Cruise along for a stretch, feel the need to pee, put it off for a bit, feel a stronger urge, head to the bathroom, and use the toilet like I was taught. You can possibly envision how that went. 

It started with a twinge of a need to pee, a very short time after the experiment commenced, which I ignored. Thence occurred a stronger urge, which I also ignored, and then almost a convulsion, and a hiccup that produced some pee, but I clamped down on it, and it stopped. Then, strangely, the urge seemed to leave me... maybe I was at the 30 to 40 minute mark at this point. Victory was mine... or, not. At maybe the 50 to 55 minute point, I was hit with an urgency that had me physically doubling over for a moment, and suddenly I was fearful that no diaper was designed to contend with what was about to happen, let alone the slim one I had on, so I bolted for the bathroom, however, the deluge set loose before I could get there. So, I found myself standing in front of a toilet, first of all, having to unsnap my onesie, and, second, trying to pause the furious leaking that was occurring, so that I could direct my equipment toward the bowl without showering the floor or my jeans. I couldn't do it. I could not stop myself - I ended up wadding up some toilet paper and physically stemming the flow so that I could position myself over the toilet to finish the job. I soaked the front of my diaper beyond recognition. 

Now, granted, I won't likely be on my third beer before I walk into my doctor's office, but, that said, I was amazed at not being able to stop myself from going - literally staring at myself, WILLING it to stop, and getting no traction at all. This does not bode well for the likelihood that I will be able to endure an unspecified period of time with no diaper on, or, indeed, no pants on at all, while some poor soul probes my wedding tackle with a plastic wand. 

So it was about 3 AM when I typed the above, and I was fairly intoxicated, and was thinking that I had dodged a bullet with respect to soaking through my diaper... er, no. After I got up from my office and headed for my room, I realized that the back of my jeans was soaked. That leaves me with a strange chronological gap... the incident with the furious peeing was much earlier, and I gave up on that retention experiment shortly thereafter and just went back to standard operating procedure. There was much beer consumed. I recall finishing brewing, and then sitting on bar stools chatting from about 8 feet apart in my garage, in deference to the pandemic, however I was also walking around, getting people drinks and such. Their ride came and they left, and then I tidied up, came into the house, typed out the entry above, and only when I got up to my room did I realize that my jeans were soaked. My derrière had felt damp for some time, but, I thought that was just the normal "wearing a wet diaper" feedback. Intoxication possibly had an anesthetic effect on both reports from the southern climate office, and, perhaps, from the ministry of emissions itself. I'm not shocked that I stopped paying attention and overwhelmed a diaper, BUT, my question is, were my jeans visibly wet for a period before my buddies left? I suppose they might, if they noticed, have ascribed it to being from the brewing - there's a lot of water involved - but, I basically had two dessert plate-sized damp patches on my rear, a rather curious pattern for "splash-back" from brewing.

Update: I put a Rearz Elite on, a medium size one, so that I would feel a bit safer conducting my experiment on trying to hold it. The good news is that I've been able to operate in this Elite even having a beer on the driveway with a buddy, and while out shopping, etc - it's probably the highest-capacity diaper that I have that I can wear under a onesie and jeans without giving it too much thought. I've ordered some Rearz Essential's, which are supposed to be the slimmer, daytime weight of the Elite's, so I'm expecting that they may prove to be an excellent daytime diaper. 

As for my experiment, well, I definitely have some kind of urge incontinence going on if I try to retain fluid. I can hold it for 45 minutes to an hour (probably depending on how much I'm drinking), but then I get an extremely strong urge, and almost immediately, I start dribbling, and the stream quickly builds in strength. I have stood there and tried to clamp down on it with all of my power, and it does nothing. I drain into my diaper, unless I redirect it, but I can't press pause even to do that. This is probably the first time that I've been slightly "concerned" about a turn of events, because evidently, while I've been cruising along, thinking that everything has been staying more or less static in terms of what I can and can't do in that department, changes have been taking place. Which I'm more or less fine with - I have no plans to abandon my course - but, I have no idea how I'm going to manage the upcoming medical appointments if there is a real danger that at some point between 30 minutes and an hour after my last release, I am going to suddenly start soaking my pants and have no ability to stop it. Maybe forgo drinking for a few hours prior? 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

basically had two dessert plate-sized damp patches on my rear, a rather curious pattern for "splash-back" from brewing.

My bet would be some got around the leak guards at your crotch and followed gravity, not uncommon for a "flood" event.  With the notable exception of the cloth Babykins the other week, I find it best to trust my diaper and never try to hold.  The diaper just seems to work better that way.  I rarely leak in disposables these days.  Now that I've said that, I'll put the mop on standby...

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

As for my experiment, well, I definitely have some kind of urge incontinence going on if I try to retain fluid. I can hold it for 45 minutes to an hour (probably depending on how much I'm drinking), but then I get an extremely strong urge, and almost immediately, I start dribbling, and the stream quickly builds in strength. I have stood there and tried to clamp down on it with all of my power, and it does nothing. I drain into my diaper, unless I redirect it, but I can't press pause even to do that. This is probably the first time that I've been slightly "concerned" about a turn of events, because evidently, while I've been cruising along, thinking that everything has been staying more or less static in terms of what I can and can't do in that department, changes have been taking place. Which I'm more or less fine with - I have no plans to abandon my course - but, I have no idea how I'm going to manage the upcoming medical appointments if there is a real danger that at some point between 30 minutes and an hour after my last release, I am going to suddenly start soaking my pants and have no ability to stop it. Maybe forgo drinking for a few hours prior? 

Last time I tested myself it was 9 months ago and I lasted nearly two hours from completely empty before wetting my pants a little.  To make it "real", I wasn't diapered.  I thought that if I was diapered, it would somehow lower the psychological bar and the test wouldn't be real.

I'm not sure where I am now.  I suspect from a practical standpoint I'd need to be in a nappy but I could get by without one if I stayed close to bathrooms.  I have no plans to do this.

Well, it's the last day of this strange, strange, year, and I am in a reflective mood. I got my order of Rearz Essentials this week, so, after this Lil' Monster I am in hits the dustbin, I'm going to put one of those on, and probably ring in the new year in it. This marks the first complete calendar year that I've spent entirely in diapers since I was of a single-digit age, and, as of now, I am at 21 months of 24/7. 

As I type this I have a laundry basket that I have to attend to, with a pair of jeans and a onesie in it that took a little flack from a diaper leak yesterday, which I blame not on the product I was in, but on my own inattention, as I drank 10% beer and watched Top Gun. My point is, this road has not been without its bumps. That said, my overarching thought about all of this is one of wishing I had done it earlier. I thought this was going to be a lot more difficult than it has been, so far. That may be partly a function of my own insanity, and partly a function of the effectiveness of modern diaper technology, but here we are. 

I also wanted to note that I'm not, as of yet, deriving any less satisfaction from this than I was when I started out. In fact, as my confidence has increased, I am arguably happier; the stress relief of wearing nappies used to be somewhat offset by background concerns about being found out, but those have considerably diminished. The biggest factor in that equation is undoubtedly my having come out to my wife about wearing diapers, but, beyond that, I now have a record of operating in diapers. discretely and successfully, in almost every common scenario I could imagine. I haven't been in a plane crash in a diaper yet, but then, I haven't been in a plane crash yet. The one notable exception is an anything-beyond-cursory doctor's appointment; that situation awaits me in early 2021. 

I want to tip my hat to the purveyors of adult onesies; I have owned a few of them for 18 months or so, but I bought a bunch more about a month ago, and I have had one on every day since. They make a huge difference in how confident and carefree I can be. Any of you out there who are thinking of test-driving a multi-day sojourn in plastic underwear, buy a couple of diaper shirts. They hold everything in place nicely, they smother a bit of the crinkling, and, you never again have to worry about if your t-shirt is untucked and your pants are riding down. I think that a stock of these should be mandatory for everyone with a plumbing license, as an aside. 

However, my heartiest toast goes out to all of you here, without whom, I would not have had the guts, or the knowhow, to be where I am today. Thank you very much for your kind support and sage advice, fellow diapernauts. Stay damp, by friends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1