LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

I had two more diaper dreams one night this past week, to add to the other two, detailed earlier. I once again as surprised to have had them, as prior to the first ones I talked about, I never, ever had a dream involving diapers, as far as I can recall. even though I've been worn a diaper to bed every night for the last two + years. In the first one, I was sitting on my couch with my younger daughter, and she said something like "Hey, dad, are you going to go get changed out of that?", and then I looked down and realized I was wearing just a diaper, and then I woke up. (I haven't ever worn a diaper uncovered in front of my kids).

The second dream had me again in my car, and this time I took a wrong turn and went down a tight alleyway, and I had to make a three point turn in order to get out, and there were a lot of kids mulling about, riding bikes, etc, in the alley, along with some adults supervising them, and when I put my car in reverse, the rear view camera didn't come on, and looking over my shoulder, I didn't trust that there wasn't a kid on a tricycle or something like that behind my car, so I though, oh crap, I gotta get out of my car and have a look and make sure it's safe to reverse, and then I thought, damn it, I should have worn pants - I was, once again, wearing just a diaper below the waist. 

Not to get all Freudian, but I did have the thought that both of the above dreams involved being seen by kids in a diaper, and probably one of the more "traumatic" diaper-related experiences of my childhood was being turned loose from the car at a highway rest stop somewhere in the US, probably North or South Carolina, when we were on a road trip to Florida, and sent to go play on a playground while my parents prepared lunch. I had a diaper on under my shorts, because we'd been in the car for probably 10 or 12 hours at that point, and I had slept for a portion of it. I went and hung upside down from some monkey bars, and another, slightly older kid at the park asked me loudly why I wore diapers, which is when I realized that my diaper was standing above the back of my shorts. I was mortified, and I ran back to the car. All of which is to say that, from time to time, people have dreams where they suddenly realize that they are naked - I think that maybe, deep in the recesses of my subconscious, being seen in a diaper might be my version of being naked? As to why these dreams have suddenly started occurring, I have no idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've lifted a little content here from an ongoing private conversation I'm having with a fellow traveler on the diaper road, because I thought it raised a couple of interesting topics.

Topic #1: Are there circumstances under which you won't wear a diaper? 

I try to wear 24/7, and usually succeed, except for going to the gym, generally, although I did chicken out when I went out for brunch with my parents this past weekend. Not that they ever would have known, but for some reason, I felt self-conscious about it, which is funny, because they were the ones putting me in diapers when I was a kid. Maybe that's why? Or maybe it's because my step-dad found one of my homemade diapers when I was in my early teens, and he yelled at me about it. Anyway, i felt I wouldn't "enjoy" being in a diaper, even though I definitely didn't "enjoy" not being in a diaper. I had to keep reminding myself not to dribble. 

Topic #2: I have tried out living by the rule that if I'm wearing a diaper, bathrooms are irrelevant to me. But I can't sever my relationship with indoor plumbing; I am just not up for that level of commitment. 

I did experiment before, particularly having the house to myself, with turning the water off to the toilets and pretending they didn't exist, but that didn't work for me for very long. I find the whole cleanup after a messy diaper takes forever, and there is no hiding that kind of situation for very long, if anyone is around, or if I am in public. What works for me is wearing diapers as often and as long as I can, and training myself to let #1 occur in small amounts, frequently. I find that diapers deal more reliably with frequent dribbles than they do with intermittent flooding. As for #2, I just throw in the towel and use the potty, which also lets me get longer use out of a diaper, because for me, once the earth is scorched, the diaper comes off pretty quickly - I can't hang out with a load on board for very long, and certainly not if anyone is home. 

I've never talked to my wife about going #2 in a diaper; she assumes they're just for #1, which is basically accurate. On that topic, because the kids were back in school yesterday, and my night diaper was dry when I woke up, I left it on for most of the day, and at one point at about 2:30 PM (I worked from home), I was picking up some dropped corn silk from the floor (my wife was prepping corn), and the back of my diaper was most definitely showing, and she didn't say anything about it. So, I think that I am making progress in her coming to understand that the answer to the question of if I have a diaper on is generally going to be yes. 

I rarely remember my dreams, and until recently had never had a diaper dream I could remember, but another one came along last night. Very simple this time. I started to pee and panicked that I was going to wet my pants, but I looked down and saw my diaper, thinking "that's OK". I woke up shortly afterwards to a noticeably warm diaper.

I then cheated by going to the potty, but my bladder kept me awake with strong urge feelings. I got up again 2 hours later and immediately wet myself. No sooner had I diapered up after a shower with what I was sure was an empty bladder, than I had another accident. This continued until mid morning. Like you I was working from home, and I realised that I was showing quite a bit of waistband as I filled the dishwasher, but my wife seems to have accepted this as normal. Ho hum.

• 2 weeks later...

I've copied and pasted this from another blog post, because if this is my repository of my experiences of being 24/7 in diapers, I think it makes sense to include excerpts of things I've written in response to other topics; otherwise, I'll have to search all over the place if I ever want to look back upon any of these episodes or stages... I am closing in on 6 months of wearing diapers 24/7, everywhere except the gym. 

On the spousal front, my wife seems to have accepted that I wear diapers to bed, and I have been intermittently wearing printed diapers in front of her, with no comment. These days, once the kids are in bed, she often gets into bed and watches television, and I join her a bit later, after watching the first few minutes of the news. I'll go into the bathroom, wearing a daytime diaper she theoretically doesn't know about, get ready for bed, and then emerge wearing something bulkier and often printed, generally uncovered, or under shorts that don't hide the noise or the bulk. I have wanted to ask her a couple of times what she thinks of the print on whatever diaper I have on, but I have chickened out, because one should never ask a question one doesn't want the answer to. If she says "You look like an idiot", I'll be considerably more self-conscious moving forward than I currently am, and I'd rather not set fire to my newfound psychological freedom, however synthetic it may ultimately be. So, the most feedback I have ever sought has been along the lines of "Can you tell I'm wearing a diaper?", after I pull some pants or shorts on in order to run downstairs, in the off chance I might run into one of the kids. 

In the last few weeks, I have been a bit bolder about wearing during the day, however, stretching the credulity of the idea that I might still be in my night diaper. I know she saw my the back of my diaper a few weeks ago when she was in my office just before noon; I was leaning forward in my office chair and wearing a tall diaper that stood well above the waist of my shorts, however I hadn't showered or gotten dressed for the day yet (working from home), so in theory that could be attributable to my still being in nightwear. A few days after that, we were chatting in the kitchen while I was unloading the dishwasher, bending down and reaching up, and my diaper again was definitively sticking out at the back some of the time, and that was after lunch. Yesterday, we were watching TV in the living room, at about 7:00 PM,  and I was wearing that Tena I mentioned earlier (the one I overwhelmed), and the remote got knocked off the coffee table, and as I leaned forward to get it, I felt my shirt slide up my back (should have worn a onesie), but I didn't want to be conspicuous about tucking it back in, so I waited until she was engrossed with the show again, and scratched my lower back, in the process confirming that my diaper was standing above my shorts, and my shirt was riding well above the top of the diaper. SO, assuming she noticed, I also have to assume that she wouldn't conclude that I was so proactive as to put my night diaper on 5+ hours before I would probably actually need it. 

So, a lot of this is supposition, but, I *think* she must have seen that I was wearing a diaper in the middle of the day at least once or twice, and she hasn't commented on it. I'm not sure if that lack of commentary means she's fine with it; this all goes back to not asking questions one doesn't want the answer to...

On 3/31/2019 at 6:05 AM, stevewet said:

24/7 for over 7 yeas now and completely OK with it. Most of my family and friends know I wear nappies and am incontinent. I haven't had any real problems and it is just part of life now.

Ditto. About 25 years of 24/7 here.

Had a notable (to me) addition to my "wearing nappies 24/7" experience this weekend when I went to an amusement park with a friend and his family; one of the rides we went on is a white water rafting affair, where at a couple of points, there exists the possibility that one might end up briefly sitting, strapped into plastic baby seats in essentially a large floating bucket, under a small waterfall. I didn't actually end up under the waterfall myself, but the previous occupant of my seat seemingly did, because as we boarded the raft, the seat that was left open for me had an inch of water trapped in the bottom of it. There was no drying it and no changing seats - they were all full - so I had about 5 seconds to decide if I was going with them on the ride (for which we had spent 25 minutes in line), or, abandoning ship and walking about a kilometer to where it terminated to meet everyone. I sat in the seat and strapped myself in. My shorts and diaper proceeded to nicely wick up the moisture, for the comfort of whoever got the seat next, but when I stepped off the raft, I had two issues: 1) the back of my shorts were completely soaked, which would have provided good coverage had I experienced an actual diaper leak, and, 2) my diaper was quite wet in the seat and I felt like it bulged notably. 

To avowed fans of diapers, who tend to have "diaper radar", a bulging seat and damp shorts would stand out like clown shoes in church, but I hoped that, to the rest of the populace, and to my friends in particular, I looked like a guy who had just stepped off of a water ride. However, I had what I was worried might be a notable waddle; I was wearing a medium-sized Bambino Magnifico, because they are a high-capacity diaper but on me, under the right shorts, they disappear, and they don't crinkle like, say, a Rearz Safari would. But a Magnifico is a high-capacity diaper - perfect for spending a day at a theme park in, yes, but, drop one into standing water, and it will attempt to double in size. I became very self-conscious, but there was no remedying the situation immediately. I did have a back-up diaper in the car, but the car was probably five kilometres away, and my making an excuse and heading off for it would have derailed our carefully-laid-out plan of attack for the park, so I waddled around for another couple of hours, trying to lag slightly behind the group, particularly on stairs, so that nobody would be given an extended viewing of my rear in motion.

At lunch I finally had an excuse to go back to the car - needed more sunblock - and everyone was seated so I wouldn't be delaying anyone with a jaunt out to the parking lot. Ah, but that posed a second issue I hadn't thought of - the bag inspection upon returning. "Nothing of interest in here, sir, just a bottle of sunblock and a large diaper with a juvenile pink and blue dinosaur print on it." But could I change in the car? We had come in an actual car, not an SUV or a crossover, so, while not technically impossible, it would have been awkward and not pretty for any happy family who streamed past mid-procedure. In the end I decided that discovery of the diaper by an underpaid guard was less likely to result in a lifetime ban from the premises than being seen in the car park at midpoint in a self-change by an inbound family of six, so I stuffed the diaper in a shopping bag, put it at the bottom of a backpack, and stacked sunblock, a hat, and a pack of wipes on top of it. The guy who was inspecting bags on the way back in barely gave it a look - it turns out I could have also had a 14-inch hunting knife and a bottle of Wild Turkey with me, and probably just waltzed in. I found a stall in a nearby washroom, and swapped diapers, which was, in retrospect, the right thing to have done; we spent another eight hours walking around the park, and I had a little bit of irritation between my legs because of the diaper, by the end of it, but had I had that sodden two pound Magnifico swinging to-and-fro down there for the rest of the day, I probably would have been cursing every step at some point. 

• Haha 1
Had a notable (to me) addition to my "wearing nappies 24/7" experience this weekend when I went to an amusement park with a friend and his family; one of the rides we went on is a white water rafting affair, where at a couple of points, there exists the possibility that one might end up briefly sitting, strapped into plastic baby seats in essentially a large floating bucket, under a small waterfall. I didn't actually end up under the waterfall myself, but the previous occupant of my seat seemingly did, because as we boarded the raft, the seat that was left open for me had an inch of water trapped in the bottom of it. There was no drying it and no changing seats - they were all full - so I had about 5 seconds to decide if I was going with them on the ride (for which we had spent 25 minutes in line), or, abandoning ship and walking about a kilometer to where it terminated to meet everyone. I sat in the seat and strapped myself in. My shorts and diaper proceeded to nicely wick up the moisture, for the comfort of whoever got the seat next, but when I stepped off the raft, I had two issues: 1) the back of my shorts were completely soaked, which would have provided good coverage had I experienced an actual diaper leak, and, 2) my diaper was quite wet in the seat and I felt like it bulged notably. 
To avowed fans of diapers, who tend to have "diaper radar", a bulging seat and damp shorts would stand out like clown shoes in church, but I hoped that, to the rest of the populace, and to my friends in particular, I looked like a guy who had just stepped off of a water ride. However, I had what I was worried might be a notable waddle; I was wearing a medium-sized Bambino Magnifico, because they are a high-capacity diaper but on me, under the right shorts, they disappear, and they don't crinkle like, say, a Rearz Safari would. But a Magnifico is a high-capacity diaper - perfect for spending a day at a theme park in, yes, but, drop one into standing water, and it will attempt to double in size. I became very self-conscious, but there was no remedying the situation immediately. I did have a back-up diaper in the car, but the car was probably five kilometres away, and my making an excuse and heading off for it would have derailed our carefully-laid-out plan of attack for the park, so I waddled around for another couple of hours, trying to lag slightly behind the group, particularly on stairs, so that nobody would be given an extended viewing of my rear in motion.
At lunch I finally had an excuse to go back to the car - needed more sunblock - and everyone was seated so I wouldn't be delaying anyone with a jaunt out to the parking lot. Ah, but that posed a second issue I hadn't thought of - the bag inspection upon returning. "Nothing of interest in here, sir, just a bottle of sunblock and a large diaper with a juvenile pink and blue dinosaur print on it." But could I change in the car? We had come in an actual car, not an SUV or a crossover, so, while not technically impossible, it would have been awkward and not pretty for any happy family who streamed past mid-procedure. In the end I decided that discovery of the diaper by an underpaid guard was less likely to result in a lifetime ban from the premises than being seen in the car park at midpoint in a self-change by an inbound family of six, so I stuffed the diaper in a shopping bag, put it at the bottom of a backpack, and stacked sunblock, a hat, and a pack of wipes on top of it. The guy who was inspecting bags on the way back in barely gave it a look - it turns out I could have also had a 14-inch hunting knife and a bottle of Wild Turkey with me, and probably just waltzed in. I found a stall in a nearby washroom, and swapped diapers, which was, in retrospect, the right thing to have done; we spent another eight hours walking around the park, and I had a little bit of irritation between my legs because of the diaper, by the end of it, but had I had that sodden two pound Magnifico swinging to-and-fro down there for the rest of the day, I probably would have been cursing every step at some point. 
Even when I wear disposables rubber pants always ! Protects your diaper and if the seat is wet , keeps your butt dry and allows you to dry your pants with a hair dryer .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So, nobody noticed the “Mystery of the curiously absorbent man” then?

Fortunately, my kids are past the point whereby I’m inflicted with days of interminable lining up outside in the heat for brief bouts of inconvenience, discomfort and unplanned saturation.

Additionally, I’ve carefully cultivated a persona of casual kid-indifference that makes me an unlikely invitee for another family considering guests to include on an amusement park jaunt.  There’s always that frisson of danger that I’d damage one of their spawn by sending them on an age-inappropriate activity, lose another in the carpark or get bored and/or buy the remaining one a beer to see what happened.

I guess I’m somewhat out-of-touch with my AB side of things.

I was however considerably amused by this scenario (naturally of course, only after overcoming with some difficulty, being considerably empathetic to your predicament).  It’s exactly this kind of un-anticipatable twist of events that makes a ludicrous proposition even more difficult than it already is.

Oh, for a simple fishnet-stocking fetish…

• Haha 1

The latest development in my "slowly revealing to spouse that I don't only wear diapers to bed" project: this morning, in our room, I was preparing to get dressed to head out, while my wife was also getting ready for the day. We were chatting, and I grabbed my jeans and went to head into the washroom; I was wearing a pair of shorts I had thrown on over my diaper when I got up, so that I could see the kids off to school without giving them PTSD. I was wearing a Play Dayz with a booster, and it was barely wet, so I didn't want to discard it prematurely, and being a cloth-backed diaper, while it's a bit bulky, it is quiet, and I have worn them for daytime use in the past. Had this been some big crinkly Safari or Barnyard diaper, I probably wouldn't have gone this route. 

So, instead of going into the washroom, I mentally took a breath, and then dropped my shorts, and proceeded to continue the conversation with her, while pulling my jeans up over my diaper, and tucking a shirt in around it, before fastening my belt and heading out. She didn't comment, blink, or perceptibly change the pace of the conversation. I'm not sure what this means, or if it means anything at all. She knows that I definitely don't rush to take off my night diaper as soon as I get up, although if questioned on it, I had an excuse queued up about wanting to shower coming out of a wet diaper, and not having had time yet. But she's never asked so I haven't had to answer. She's seen that I've been wearing a diaper much later into the day, on days when I've worked from home, although, again, I usually have it on under whatever shorts or athletic pants I threw on as soon as I got up, so I'm technically still in my "night clothes" even if it is 2:00 PM - if I'm busy with calls related to work, this is far from unheard of. What I've done up to now, if I need a diaper change on those days, is to put on the same brand I took off, so that, if she's taking notes, it looks like the above-described scenario. However, this is the first time she's seen me get dressed for the day, over a diaper.

The next probing of my self-imposed boundaries will probably involve her seeing me in a different diaper, later in the day, than the one I slept in. I'll wear something distinctive overnight, and spend some time in it first thing in the morning, and then swap it for something completely different, for the day, and either get dressed in front of her, or, later, take my day clothes off while she's in the room, to put on my dog-walking clothes, or whatever fits the circumstances. 

I guess I’m not there and I don’t know for sure but I’d find it hard to believe that this hasn’t caught her attention.  Whether her neutral reaction is because it doesn’t faze her or because she simply doesn’t know how to react or her brain is so overwhelmed by this that it's called time-out (

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_else%27s_problem

), you'd be better placed to tell than me.

So, this is obviously a bear you’re keen to poke.  What are the plans for the major reaction scenarios that the thusly poked bear may impose upon you?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, oznl said:

I guess I’m not there and I don’t know for sure but I’d find it hard to believe that this hasn’t caught her attention.  Whether her neutral reaction is because it doesn’t faze her or because she simply doesn’t know how to react or her brain is so overwhelmed by this that it's called time-out (

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_else%27s_problem

), you'd be better placed to tell than me.

So, this is obviously a bear you’re keen to poke.  What are the plans for the major reaction scenarios that the thusly poked bear may impose upon you?

Wives are strange creatures. My wife is completely at ease with me in nappies but some of the silliest things bug her

• Like 1

Good Douglas Adams reference, @oznl; I like that. As an aside, this reminds me that I must get A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for my elder daughter, post haste, or else I am not being a good father. 

3 hours ago, oznl said:

That is the question, isn't it? What do I want, and why can't I be happy with what I already have? Up to March of this year, I was a guy who furtively wore diapers to bed, and who relished business trips or rare occasions when the house was empty, when I was free to wander about in nappies. However, I lived in fear of my diaper stock being discovered, or one being exhumed from the trash during, say, a search for a missing earring or something, or, (and this occasionally happened), having to jump out of bed because the smoke alarm sounded or the dog started throwing up, and pull shorts up in a panic, lest I have to fight a conflagration dressed only in a diaper festooned with images of teddy bears.  

Now, I am wearing diapers ~95% of the time, and wearing them openly around the house in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed, and well into the mornings when I work from home. The only time I'm being secretive about it is when I'm out of the house (which is probably a good idea...), and, in the early evenings when we run the kids around, as well as during the day on weekends, and that isn't going to change, either - I'm not going to "come out" to my kids about this, they don't need or deserve that. 

So, essentially, I'm fishing for spousal permission to do what I'm already doing. Why? If I have to answer my own question, I guess it probably has to do with getting a bit of a charge out of someone, another human being, and not an anonymous online spectator, knowing that I'm wearing a diaper. Am I replicating my childhood, basically? Mom & dad knew I had a diaper on (when I had one on, which was only at night or on long trips), and I worried constantly about anyone else detecting it (my siblings knew, of course). Back then, the idea of someone knowing I had a diaper on mortified me, but somehow, over the decades, those early years of anxiety compressed down under the sediments of life, and turned into the volatile hydrocarbon that is this strange fetish, springing to the surface. 

I think I'm hoping that her gracing it with her approval, or at least her lack of disapproval, might move us in a direction where someday, she might participate a bit, but I'm too fearful to just come out and ask for that, so instead, I'm opening this book slowly for her, and hoping that she'll read between the lines and pick up the ball, to mix metaphors. As an aside, she did say that if I ever needed diapers picked up, she'd be happy to get them, which was cute, and betrayed a lack of understanding of the dismal state of what's available at drug stores and supermarkets in adult nappies, which seem to be designed primarily for people to die in, and relatively quickly, ideally within a couple of hours. 

But I still haven't answered the question as to what I'll do if this poked bear reacts like a poked bear. Probably lament that I had most of what I wanted, and I blew it up, in an effort to get all of what I wanted, in direct contravention of the law of diminishing returns. 

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

But I still haven't answered the question as to what I'll do if this poked bear reacts like a poked bear. Probably lament that I had most of what I wanted, and I blew it up, in an effort to get all of what I wanted, in direct contravention of the law of diminishing returns

But surely this can't go on for ever?  You're going to have to talk about it some time aren't you?  She may be very unhappy, but unwilling to show it.  If that's the case, surely your relationship is in serious jeopardy isn't it?  if so, you need to try to fix it if you want it to last.  And if she isn't unhappy, talking about it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

And yes, I know talking about it is very difficult for most people, including me and my wife.  It's giving me grief at the moment too.

I know I'm looking at things from my point of view, not yours.  Don't take this as advice, it's just another bit of someone else's experience.  Obviously I don't know the full story, and I don't know you or your wife either.  Good luck with it to both of you!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

the dismal state of what's available at drug stores and supermarkets in adult nappies, which seem to be designed primarily for people to die in, and relatively quickly, ideally within a couple of hours.

Ooh, there's a marketing opportunity.  We could call them "6-feet-underpants"  or "die-pers" ?  I'm already thinking of the jingle.

1 hour ago, Stroller said:

But surely this can't go on for ever?  You're going to have to talk about it some time aren't you?  She may be very unhappy, but unwilling to show it.  If that's the case, surely your relationship is in serious jeopardy isn't it?  if so, you need to try to fix it if you want it to last.  And if she isn't unhappy, talking about it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I think it's this really...  It really does suck to hit this head on but I'm not sure you've really got the choice.

16 hours ago, stevewet said:

Wives are strange creatures. My wife is completely at ease with me in nappies but some of the silliest things bug her

They are.  My wife will walk into a room, raise 6 blinds on 6 windows, leaving each blind at a different height to the other without a care in the world but then she'd rather stab her own eyes with a fork than see her husband change his nappy...

Went through the "getting dressed over a diaper" routine again this morning, this time accidentally; the weather app was predicting that rain would start within 20 minutes and I really wanted to get the dog out, however it's much cooler today than it was the last couple of days, so I removed my "just got up" clothes, which weren't suitable for a cool walk about the neighbourhood, or, really, public consumption in any climate, and was in the midst of throwing on some jeans, yes, over a diaper, when she came walking into the room, looking for a cord for a cell phone. I actually paused for a sec like a deer caught in headlights, then proceeded to finish dressing and summon the dog. She didn't say anything about my underwear, only asked if I'd seen the phone charger. By the time I got back from the walk, she had left.

4 hours ago, oznl said:

Ooh, there's a marketing opportunity.  We could call them "6-feet-underpants"  or "die-pers" ?  I'm already thinking of the jingle.

"Introducing Eternal NAPpies..."

4 hours ago, oznl said:

I think it's this really...  It really does suck to hit this head on but I'm not sure you've really got the choice.

I guess the question is, how does one go about hitting this on the head? I think that by being open about it, I'm inviting a conversation, but either she's not eager, not ready, or feels it isn't necessary to have one? I mean, if I walked into the room, and she was in the midst of putting on an S&M-themed squirrel costume, I'd probably inquire about it, at least delicately. 

I guess the ball is in my court, and I need to at some point say "SO, I suspect you've noticed that there has been a prolonged and precipitous decline in the number of my boxer shorts showing up in the laundry these days, and that, in fact, the drawer they used to occupy is filled with diapers, said shorts being consigned to the shelf in the closet where I keep my athletic wear, since the only time I wear them is when I go to the gym. Did you have any questions or concerns?" Somehow, though, that seems like asking a question that I might not want the answer to. Or, the alternative is to just go back to freely wearing diapers at night, and being a bit more subtle about being in one during the day. But I'm not sure how satisfying that would be to me, long-term. Is this is because I want to be honest with her, or is it because I want a possibly-unwilling accomplice? And will all this ultimately result in my having to discuss the origins of my nappy obsession with a bemused marriage councilor? It really is too bad that I'm not obsessively collecting stamps or something. 

On 10/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, stevewet said:

I can vouch for that statement. My wife is okay with me going nude around the house ever since I had a life-changing epiphany after being in the hospital back in May. She's okay with me getting back into diapers after being out of them for 20 years after my AB spell in the 90s. She's also getting used to my messing diapers on occasion. What she won't have anything to do with is changing me or even putting a diaper on me, even after I'm perfectly clean and dry. She says that's my thing, not hers. She also will hear none of me wanting to go to a clothing optional or nudist event. She had a hard time accepting me posting G-rated, blurred-face photos of me wearing my AB outfits and would be completely apoplectic if I were to post anything if myself anywhere with any nudity as she wants to "keep [my] body to [herself] and doesn't want anyone else looking at it".  She even rolled her eyes and gave a dirty look when I posted a photo of the back of my diaper that was obviously wet (blue stripe instead of yellow, tan mottled color instead of bright white plastic).

22 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I mean, if I walked into the room, and she was in the midst of putting on an S&M-themed squirrel costume, I'd probably inquire about it, at least delicately.

As would most reasonable people.  To me this looks like a problem silhouetted by the silence around it.  I just wonder if a "push it until it breaks" regime of destructive testing is going to take you where you want to go.

I guess the ball is in my court, and I need to at some point say "SO, I suspect you've noticed that there has been a prolonged and precipitous decline in the number of my boxer shorts showing up in the laundry these days, and that, in fact, the drawer they used to occupy is filled with diapers, said shorts being consigned to the shelf in the closet where I keep my athletic wear, since the only time I wear them is when I go to the gym. Did you have any questions or concerns?"

To me, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable line but I should warn you that I have sometimes been accused of having the emotional repertoire of a Dalek so maybe take that feedback with salt.

Somehow, though, that seems like asking a question that I might not want the answer to.

I suppose it was a bit different for me.  I didn't ask about her questions or concerns.  There seemed little point.  I didn't waste a lot of time trying to negotiate for approval or validation.  I realised I'd never get that from her.  The outcome I was looking for was to be given the tolerance, avoidance, just the "just ignore this" air-space to let me go back into nappies and scratch that itch to see if it stops.  I didn't want compromise on that score even in the unlikely event it was offered and I considered that marriage counseling (not that it was ever mentioned) would inevitably finish up with an inadequate compromise upon which she would then promptly begin fresh efforts to erode.  I figured that discreetly-hidden nappies under adult clothing was a lot less than some other ABDL were asking from their partners and a realisation that I was running out of life and possibly not being considered fairly fueled this fire.

It's a limited kind of technical victory.  And now, having taken Hamburger Hill, I must defend it.

Have you figured out exactly what you want?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oznl said:

To me, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable line but I should warn you that I have sometimes been accused of having the emotional repertoire of a Dalek so maybe take that feedback with salt.

I quite enjoyed this. Tip of the hat. 

2 hours ago, oznl said:

It's a limited kind of technical victory.  And now, having taken Hamburger Hill, I must defend it.

Have you figured out exactly what you want?

I guess in a perfect world, I would wear diapers freely all the time, no subterfuge, and she'd give me a knowing wink and a pat on the behind here and there, and ask me if I'd packed diapers or if I was planning to buy some at the destination, when preparing for travel. I don't think I'd want her involved with diapers that are past their best-before date, anymore than she'd want me involved in her water closet regimen, but if she walked over and snugged a tape up, or said "Maybe you're due for a diaper change?", or unexpectedly bought me plastic pants or a onesie, that would be a thrill. If she wanted to take it beyond that, and actually put a diaper on me once in a while, I'm curious about that - not sure it's what I want, but I'd try it. 

I'd keep it low-key around the kids, but in 10 years, assuming this fascination keeps up for me, once the kids are at away at school or out in the world, I would love for wearing diapers to just be normal. I guess I'm describing complete acceptance, if not active participation. 

I just went back and tried to figure out how long I've been at this... turns out that I first wore a diaper (well, diapers), for the entire weekend at the end of March, intending just to give it a shot. Then I noted the following Wednesday that I was still going with it, I made my first case-size diaper purchases a bit after that, and I haven't looked back. I've been on several business trips packing only diapers for underwear, and spent two weeks in Europe in diapers. Other than the few hours a week I spend at the gym, I've been pretty loyal to my self-imposed requirements. 

27 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

once the kids are at away at school or out in the world, I would love for wearing diapers to just be normal. I guess I'm describing complete acceptance, if not active participation

That pretty much describes where I am now.  The acceptance during the day is pretty much complete, and its just normal now.  Which is great.  I hope you can get there.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I guess in a perfect world, I would wear diapers freely all the time, no subterfuge, and she'd give me a knowing wink and a pat on the behind here and there, and ask me if I'd packed diapers or if I was planning to buy some at the destination, when preparing for travel. I don't think I'd want her involved with diapers that are past their best-before date, anymore than she'd want me involved in her water closet regimen, but if she walked over and snugged a tape up, or said "Maybe you're due for a diaper change?", or unexpectedly bought me plastic pants or a onesie, that would be a thrill. If she wanted to take it beyond that, and actually put a diaper on me once in a while, I'm curious about that - not sure it's what I want, but I'd try it. 

I'd keep it low-key around the kids, but in 10 years, assuming this fascination keeps up for me, once the kids are at away at school or out in the world, I would love for wearing diapers to just be normal. I guess I'm describing complete acceptance, if not active participation. 

I just went back and tried to figure out how long I've been at this... turns out that I first wore a diaper (well, diapers), for the entire weekend at the end of March, intending just to give it a shot. Then I noted the following Wednesday that I was still going with it, I made my first case-size diaper purchases a bit after that, and I haven't looked back. I've been on several business trips packing only diapers for underwear, and spent two weeks in Europe in diapers. Other than the few hours a week I spend at the gym, I've been pretty loyal to my self-imposed requirements. 

Ok.  That doesn't seem to be that much to ask for.  It's remarkably similar to my own expectations except that I'm not expecting any diaper-pats or knowing winks.  Nothing will be given and the most I can demand is that my underwear is ignored.  I'd like the latitude to manage nappy changes & travel logistics without everything having to be completely out of her sight but I'm not pushing it.  Perhaps time will blunt this edge.  Perhaps time will cure me of the need to be diapered.  I will take either scenario.  So far, my preference for wearing nappies has not faded at all.

In terms of my *continuous* 24/7 wearing, we are very, very close in time.  I'm calculating that I went back into nappies on the evening of April 6th (Pacific Time - in LA) and landed (soggily) back in Brisbane early morning of April 8th so the date-line makes it confusing.  Just prior to that though, I'd spend 2.5 months 24/7 and the whole descent into 24/7 started in December last year.

"the damp side" just love that,,, 

I've been 24/7/365 for about two years now, but only the last few weeks as more than insurance, it's great to avoid public loos, and just leak to release pressure in my bladder in small amounts,,,

I took to wearing 24/7/365 really quickly, just feels normal now, and getting used to wetting when out and about also quite quickly,,,

15 hours ago, oznl said:

In terms of my *continuous* 24/7 wearing, we are very, very close in time.  I'm calculating that I went back into nappies on the evening of April 6th (Pacific Time - in LA) and landed (soggily) back in Brisbane early morning of April 8th so the date-line makes it confusing.  Just prior to that though, I'd spend 2.5 months 24/7 and the whole descent into 24/7 started in December last year.

Right, that makes sense; not that it's a contest (because if it is, you've won), but I thought you were well ahead of me, and when I saw your tally on one of your recent posts, it caused me to question my numbers - how could mine be so close to yours? But I forgot about the sabbatical you took. The fact that you had 2.5 months in the plastic saddle prior to that restores continuity to the narrative.

I pretty much proceeded down this road at least in part after reading what you [ @oznl] have written. I started this topic based on planning to try and go 24/7 for the three weeks in the summer that my family was away before I joined them in Europe, then at some point early on, you chimed in, and as a result I read your story, which lead me to decide to have a go at life continually in diapers a complete weekend, and at the end of the weekend, I thought, this has been lovely, so I'll give it a couple more days, see how it meshes with the weekday routine... and here we are. I took the leap and told my wife about the nocturnal component of my habit in June. I haven't expressly told her that I'm wearing during the day yet, but she has seen me in a diaper probably 4 times now mid-day, and twice unarguably putting daytime clothes on over a diaper. 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

@oznl I read your story, which lead me to decide to have a go at life continually in diapers a complete weekend, and at the end of the weekend, I thought, this has been lovely, so I'll give it a couple more days, see how it meshes with the weekday routine... and here we are.

It's funny how that happens to some.  If I go back and read my own notes, I thought I might last a week or two, get bored and go back to normal underwear.  That was back in December 2018.  I've just never yet reached the point where the thought of stopping didn't bring with it a feeling of deep regret.  Whilst even today, I'm refusing to turn this into some kind of mission with associated success or failure outcomes, it's starting to look like it would be some kind of external crisis that would throw me back out of nappies (with me wearing a sense of deep regret instead) rather than some change of preference.

I don't see how people can pigeon hole this as one of the more left-field sexual fetishes.  It's hardly sexual at all and even if it was, imagine practicing a fetish 24/7 for years at a time.  That would have to get old.

I think it's some kind of dysphoria.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:41 PM, oznl said:

I think it's some kind of dysphoria.

Agreed - either a symptom of dysphoria, or, a preposterous cure for it, depending on one's viewpoint, I guess. I do contend that, for those among us who subscribe, almost anything can be made slightly better via doing it in a diaper. I'll have a tough week at work and end up having to spend a day putting out fires, and I'll wake up and think, God, today is going to be a grind, but then I'll think, what diaper should I wear? And the thought will perceptibly improve my mood.

And I actually think that, again preposterously, this might be good for my relationship with my spouse, because sometimes I'll be just about to snap, and say something sarcastic, or maybe artfully construct an example of what my applying her professed standards for behaviour, but to her behaviour, rather than mine, might look like, and then I'll think to myself, hey, I'm sitting here, openly, in a nice comfy diaper right now, why ruin the mood? Why engage? So I'll ask her if I can get her anything from the kitchen, and then crinkle-crinkle-crinkle my way over there, come back with a couple of drinks, and watch the rest of her show, or whatever. 

Big sink full of greasy dishes? But, done in diapers. You see what I'm getting at. I thought that the novelty of this would have worn off, but apparently it's not the novelty I'm enjoying, since it's not novel, anymore. I suspect that it's acting a bit like an antidepressant, subtly increasing the presence, or the longevity, of serotonin, or dopamine, or some other neurotransmitter.  Regardless of the mechanism of its operation, the result, to me, is clear: I feel better in nappies than I do when I'm not in nappies. Which, I suppose, does me less harm than, say, a penchant for methamphetamine, or compulsive gambling. 

• Like 2
On 3/31/2019 at 5:05 AM, Dubious said:

I mostly want to be incontinent for reasons below and I have worn 24/7 for a long time, but I wont come out of the closet any time soon

If I were incontinent, I would get free diapers and telling it to family wouldn't be so bad and I think that would make me more free and lift a burden off my shoulders 

Sorry for replying to such an old post in this thread, but as someone who is physically incontinent due to spinal damage, let me assure you that becoming incontinent won't be a burden off your shoulders in the long term, but quite the opposite. Psychological incontinence induced by hypnosis may be different in that it is likely reversible, but physical incontinence which you cannot control, nor "switch off" is a lifelong burden in and of itself.

I can't tell you what to do, however I do suggest that you consider the long term consequences over your entire lifetime. You will forever need protective everything, and regardless of your current family situation, someone with incontinence is unfortunately someone that people rarely want to get close to. Sure there are lots who will pity you, and feel sorry for you, but none that will want to share their lives with you. I am incredibly lucky to have the most awesome wife in the universe who is completely understanding and loving despite my disability, but people like her aren't common. I spend my life hiding my disability from everyone in my professional circle, from hotel staff, from airlines, and just about anyone whom I don't want to be written off as a useless invalid. As someone who has been in both a wheelchair, and in diapers, people are more likely to take you seriously in a wheelchair than a diaper.