LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sheltered [12/03/2023] CH46+47 [Important Subscribestar Update]

On 1/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, Mee said:

the

Just finished chapter 21 The Zoo.  What an Amazing story.   Can't wait to read the rest.   Excellent job ??????

OMG...just finished the last posted chapter.   PLEASE don't let this story die.   It is Amazing.  One of the best stories on this site.????

• 2 months later...

I hate text formatting.

CH36 - Misbehaving

When Emily did come to, the first thing that hit her first was the mental assault on her concentration. Wonderful, a hangover. Well-deserved though, unfortunately. Seeing Joyce right beside her though did bring a smile to her face. Emily shuffled just a tad closer, but paused as she felt a slight tug on her shorts.

Without looking, she even thought something was...touching her butt? Leaning her head over her shoulder, it was a first to see the tendril that was Joyce’s arm having slipped itself not only underneath her pajamas, but her underwear too like it was a cookie jar.

Propped up on an elbow she swept aside a few strands of her hair, still trying to decide how she felt about it: weird, or pleasant. Then her eyes drifted back to the culprit, leaving her bountiful chest as defenseless as apparently Emily had left her bottom.

“Eye for an eye...” Emily grinned with a murmur as she reached forward.

Yet she yelped as her muscles stiffened like a board, locking up her joints and giving her a brief startle. The trap she’d neglected to disarm had activated its claws, giving Emily’s bum a playful squeeze.

“Mmm!” Joyce hummed pleasantly as she shuffled herself. “Just what I needed to wake up!”

“Do I really need to start sleeping on my back now because of you?” Emily giggled as she slipped Joyce’s arm out of her shorts with ease.

Joyce puffed out her cheek before she said, “Well, it’d be a lot harder for me if you were in a diaper...!”

“Is that how this works?” Emily raised her eyebrow. “Making the idea of being an adult so unappealing I’ll never want another pair of panties?”

Joyce’s eyes shot wide open, sparkling with stars. “Really? Is it working?” She held a bated breath, but her own act didn’t last long enough for Emily to either spring yet another trap or call her bluff. “Sorry; did it make you uncomfortable? I just wanted a little more cuddle action last night...”

“As long as it doesn’t keep me from sleeping...” Emily issued her final ruling, rubbing her backside. “Does that mean it goes both ways though?” And before Joyce could answer, Emily mischievously squeezed her breast.

“Wh-oAH!” Joyce yelped herself, jumping out of reflex. “St-stop! At least give me a little warning!” She laughed. “These are pillows for you, not stress balls!”

“Yeah? Did I leave a ‘welcome’ sign on my ass?”

“What’s gotten into you, snarky-pants?”

She had been joking, and so was Joyce, but she caved into it like it was something genuine.

“I have a headache...” Emily moped.

Joyce stroked the side of her head offering a sympathetic look. “That’s what happens when you go past your limit...” She said soothingly, but her stroke slowed down as she remembered last night. The playing field was level again, save for a hangover, but fair enough. “Where were you last night?” Her shift in tone was subtle, yet there wasn’t any play in her voice.

Emily looked back at her from her sideways posture. “At the party with you?”

It pegged Joyce as a joke or something less than honest. Even from Emily, dodging or twisting a serious question upset her a little. “Emily, I’m not joking. I was worried, you know?”

“I’m not joking either...” Emily’s lackadaisical attitude was being dragged down by the atmosphere into her own kind of upset-ness. “Even after we got separated, I was at the party almost the entire time. I waited for you?”

How could she have been there? There wasn’t a chance in hell Emily would be found in the crowd, or so Joyce thought, which is why she scoured the empty spaces all around while entertaining conversation with others. “It felt like I searched the entire dance hall! You’re being honest? Then where were you?”

“I was sitting at a table with some people,” Emily paused to think for a second, “Two people named Rebecca and Hank.”

Joyce pursed her lips, nearly ready to poke holes or call a bluff, but then she did remember at least one of those names being mentioned last night. Drunken Emily had said something about a Rebecca...being a...bitch? But what’s more, Emily had done something on her own Joyce hadn’t expected; socializing.

“You were sitting at a table with a group of people?” Joyce clarified. It still seemed a little out of character, but it’d make sense for why she seemed to have vanished. Dinner tables there were a dime a dozen as well as an unlikely place to find Emily, supposedly. In the pursuit of trying to make her search efficient and quick, she’d ironically eliminated her chances of finding the girl altogether.

“Are you okay?” Emily asked, witness to the crease forming between Joyce’s brows. Her pupils rose back to the girl in front of her.

“I’m fine...” She softly exhaled, “I just...I feel like I let something very obvious slip and it led to only more stress that’s my fault. I’m sorry. I owe you an apology; I came at you last night and just now like it was something you did and not me…”

“No, no it’s fine, really...” Emily put a hand on her shoulder. “It’s sort of fair to think I’d be on the edge near the wall...which was true for a tiny bit. I’m...sorry for not being where I probably should’ve been.”

“Stop that.” Joyce pecked her on the cheek, “Don’t look for silly reasons to apologize when it wasn’t your fault. I take the full blame on this one. But again, I’m surprised you were sitting with other people...how did that go?” A cheery glimmer started to come back to her eyes, now a little excited to hear about her girl’s little (and safe, now that she knew) adventure.

“It...was interesting,” Emily briefly summarized, finding that kind of rating by weighing Hank’s pleasant presence against the exact opposite which was Rebecca. With...maybe a dash of points back in the positive favor, seeing that Rebecca mellowed out towards the end…

“Hank was the guy who offered me to sit with them. He was nice, and I think he does financial management stuff. Rebecca turned out to be his high school friend, I guess; she owns theaters. The play kind, not movies...” Emily emphasized the last bit, feeling residually annoyed by how Rebecca had just “assumed” Emily would know which of the two.

“Mhm?” Joyce nodded thoughtfully, showing great interest. But of course, curiosity was getting to her. “Last night though, in the lobby you did mention Rebecca I think… Something about...not being so great of a person?”

“Oh...” Emily tried to remember, “A bitch, right?”

A small puff of air left Joyce’s mouth as she laughed heartily. “I see you don’t feel any different about it when you’re sober?”

“Well, I sorta figured it out before I got drunk...Hank would probably agree too. He was sort of like her royal handler or whatever. Those people that have to put up with the kings and queens and help them out?”

“A...retainer?” Joyce guessed, trying to find the right word.

“Yeah, that! He was like a retainer for her. Long story short, she was sort of mean to me at first, but I guess she didn’t completely mean it. After Hank called her out it seemed like she got really embarrassed,” she giggled, remembering the next part. “Then she apologized by going to get me a parfait!”

“Awhh...” Joyce couldn’t help herself. Without the visuals and willfully tweaking the context in her mind, it was the same as Emily playing nice with a new friend who was still learning how to deal with “big” emotions. Cute for a kid, but as an adult...well, maybe it could be bitchy.

“Did you get along after that?” Joyce asked.

Emily nodded. “That’s how we started drinking, actually. She told Hank to get me wine as well. And..that’s how it started...” as well as ended.

“So you left the party after getting drunk?” Disapproval was starting to come back to her face. She was going to outright call it irresponsible, but having shot herself in the foot quite recently, she waited to hear her out.

“Yeah, but I think I wanted to stay…”

“So they forced you?” And so easily her opinions of these people had flipped; absolutely enraged by these strangers forcing peer pressure on Emily to--!

“No...not really,” Emily answered back, oblivious to the turmoil in her girlfriend’s head. “I guess more like sound reasoning. Rebecca was really drunk, like, threw up in the elevator drunk… Hank wasn’t bad though, so he offered to take me back to our room first before he’d take Rebecca to hers.”

“But you didn’t have the room key...” Joyce found it difficult to be the silent spectator. Since it was an Emily-grade re-telling, of course she struggled to sit still and save her questions until the end. There were simply too many that a pen could transcribe before the fiery queries would start to burn out.

“Right...” Emily agreed, now sounding not so proud. “I uh...went anyway. I think I even took us to the wrong floor...I think that’s how I ended up in the lobby.”

Joyce took a small breath, feeling as if she saw the essentials of the picture now. “So, after we got separated, you met these people, drank as much as you could, left the party knowing full-well that you couldn’t get back into our room, then meandered in the lobby, all while I was still looking for you at the party?”

Emily’s mouth twitched a smidgen as she averted her gaze. “I...Hank wasn’t gonna let me stay...I was too drunk...”

“Did you explain to him how you didn’t have a room key?” Joyce’s attack came as unyielding. For once, she was starting to hold Emily’s feet over the fire.

“No...I forgot.”

“You forgot?”

“I forgot.” Emily repeated, sounding a bit bothered now. “Can I not forget things?”

Just as Joyce was about to accelerate, Emily’s defensive tone struck made her realize the pressure she was starting to apply. “I didn’t mean it like that...”

“I’m sorry for making you worry,” Emily sighed, with a hand to her throbbing head. “I just...I thought I was doing all the right stuff I should have, up until leaving the party, I guess...”

“No, I’m just being selfish.” Joyce softly spoke as she rose from the bed. “Thank you as always for putting up with me… It may sound narcissistic, but I feel like it’s easy to see by now that I’m usually the one in control of everything around me... I always plan and have backups in my work, so a lot of what I do is pre-planned and it makes sense to me. I can’t control you Emily, and I would never want to, but you’re the first thing in a long while that’s sometimes unpredictable to me. You’re the most important person in the world to me. If I don’t know where you are and I can’t reach you, everything’s just so...” She made grabbing motions at her hair. “So crazy...”

“I feel that way about you too, you know?” Emily said back.

Joyce smiled, “Thank you, that makes me happy to hear.” Though, not that she’d ever doubt Emily’s feelings, Joyce would wager that her own severity was much more. “You...you don’t think I’m a control freak, or anything?” After such a bad taste in her mouth, she was starting to have regrets about what she’d done to Emily with the computer.

“No. Not a control freak,” Emily deterred her thoughts, but not completely refuted. “I’d definitely agree you like having a handle on things though.” Call her a mommy, why didn’t she?

“See?” Joyce’s expression turned to one of somber. “Even you can tell; I’m hopeless. I feel like I’m always apologizing for some stupid overbearing thing that I do...”

“I never said it was unlikable, though?” Emily interjected. Standing on all fours, she crawled over into Joyce’s lap. “Maybe if we were a bit more...traditional, I think I’d have a problem...” Using Jack as her reference, she would be annoyed. But Joyce struck her differently. “But we’re not that. Control is definitely part of our relationship, isn’t it? It’s part of our...you know, lifestyle?”

After all, a mother who couldn’t control her child would lead to pure anarchy… Or in other words, it wasn’t realistic without it.

“I already said,” Emily began to remind her, “You don’t have to act like you’re flipping a switch…” She paused to think of the right words. Joyce always seemed to be better at that. “I know I’ve gotten upset about it before, but I kind of like it when you get concerned like that about me… How you keep me in sight at all times; pull me aside just to check up on me...coddle me… Obviously there’s a limit when I’m an adult, but...” She started to blush, partially feeling like a liar for having a change of tune since they last “talked”. “Now that I’ve had some time to deal with it...I guess I kind of like it when there’s always a small part of Mommy around...”

Emily was laying on her stomach across Joyce’s thighs. The older woman pensively worked with her hands. “You do…?”

“Maybe not originally, but I dunno...I guess I’ve had some time to come around. You care for me in a way I don’t think anyone ever has...”

“Even if I’m a control freak?”

“I promised I’d say something if you get too pushy?” Emily said back to her.

A dumb smile was infecting Joyce. “You’re...you’re gonna regret giving me so much leniency, you know?”

“And I’ll talk to you about it if we ever get there,” Emily smiled. “Please don’t let this affect anything? I’m sorry for making you worry; I can’t say I was completely aware of everything, but I’ll try to be more considerate down the line...” As she reflected on last night herself, a lump started to well up in her stomach and reach her throat. All the anxiety and worry she’d felt from last night, stomached by the adrenaline of new encounters and social pressure weren’t here to let her appear as strong. She suddenly hiccupped as she wiped her eyes. “I was scared too, you know?”

“Thank you...” Joyce massaged her back with her open palm.

Renewed and strengthened, both women sat in their positions for just a few more minutes. As Emily enjoyed her position laying across Joyce’s legs, she felt a hook suddenly snag the waistband of her shorts and panties.

“Hey, no more for you,” Emily grinned as she didn’t bother to look behind. She was the bartender who decided Joyce had gone past her limit. Though, her expression shriveled a little once she felt the cold chill on her bottom, as a full-on tug brought down her clothes and exposed her bare bottom. She wiggled her hips as her head started to turn. “Joyce? What are you--!”

SMACK

A brief, skin-to-skin smack filled the room. A light slap, but just the right point of contact for maximum sound. Emily’s muscles reflexively contracted as soon as she felt the prickly sting on her bum. It didn’t necessarily hurt, but Emily had certainly felt it. Was she just...spanked?

“J-Joyce?” Emily turned her head.

Joyce, meanwhile, had a look of pure bliss; an addict who had found their fix. She held her palm just above Emily’s backside, still relishing the wonderful feeling.

“S-sorry...” Joyce apologized, still chasing off her high. “I felt like that was needed. Just a little punishment for bad behavior.”

Emily rolled her eyes, but smiled. “I thought when all this started, you said there’d be no spanking?”

“If you can change your opinion, I can too, can’t I?” Joyce grinned. She lightly tapped Emily’s butt as she briefly massaged it before tugging her underwear and shorts back up. “Just a little reminder to be on your best behavior~”

“Uh-huh...” Emily kept her face forward and away from Joyce. In spite of the lighthearted fun, she was a little concerned about her own reaction. It wasn’t outright revolting… She was already blushing just from thinking about it. Absolutely not. Spankings were not going to be their new thing…

“But in other news,” Joyce looked delighted to report, “Sheila said you had no troubles last night getting to bed?”

“No, not really…--” Her answer was casual at first, but the atmosphere seemed to freeze, or whatever jovial tune she moved her drum to the beat of had just been crudely stopped. “Sh...Sheila?” Emily sounded confused, somehow hit by a sense of amnesia and reminiscence.

“Yes, Sheila?” Joyce said. “My secretary? She’s the one who found you in the lobby and brought you back up to the room so I could wrap up at the business dinner...” Joyce lost that final polish in her tone, now aware too of the mental gap Emily seemed to have had. “You...don’t remember?”

“I...I do...” Emily bit her lip from trying to recollect. How much had she drunk? Most of the details were there… Figures, places, blurs, and Joyce’s face. It was like staring at a low quality image from afar, only to realize just how many imperfections it was riddled with the closer you got.

Before she could run in circles with herself for too long, Joyce filled in some of the spaces for her. “Sheila found you in the lobby by chance, then got in touch with me. I came downstairs and Sheila said she’d bring you back up to the room… Does that sound familiar?”

“It does...but...” It felt embarrassing to admit just how jumbled the night was for her. “Wait...Sheila put me to bed?” As soon as the words left her mouth, she felt like she already knew the answer, re-remembering fragments in all sorts of places, slowly converging into the full picture.

“Yes…?” Joyce rubbed the top of her head. “How about we get you something for that hangover?”

“Sure...” Emily sighed, only registering the throb again once Joyce reminded her of it. She continued to silently reflect, doing her own kind of digging inside her mind. She was with Sheila… Sheila was in the room… Emily undressed herself...wait, did she? She was given clothes...no, helped into them...she snuggled with Pip, but he sort of just “appeared”, which obviously wasn’t right…

When Joyce came back in, Emily’s face hung in her hands as her eyes peered down at the bedding through the slits between her fingers.

“Sheila...” Emily said aloud, “Sheila, she...she saw so much last night…!” Despite being a whole other person last night, it didn’t affect Emily’s ability to physically cringe just from thinking about it. She laid herself bare to this effective stranger; leaned on her like an actual child…!

“What did she see?” Joyce handed her the glass of water. While Emily was in a mild panic, Joyce seemed much more level-headed.

After a long gulp to help her swallow, Emily exasperated, “Pip! She...Ugh…! She must have thought I looked like a complete kid!” It was only them, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to hide from the invisible embarrassment. No, she was mortified. “I couldn’t even get myself

dressed!

Joyce felt bad for her, but not so much precisely because it’d been Sheila, the only alternative at this point she would ever feasibly consider in place of herself. “Emily, I know it’s embarrassing, but please trust me when I say that Sheila won’t ever speak a word of this to anyone.”

And naturally, in a moment of tension and panic, then came Emily, “H-how do you know that? I’m probably now her weirdest, creepiest work story!”

A tiny cold sweat broke on Joyce as her back straightened a little.

If only this was the weirdest thing I’ve forced on my secretary…

“E...even if it might be,” Joyce decided to leave some landmines buried, “which I don’t think it is, Sheila knows that anything I share with her or have her do is strictly confidential. She’s contracted and it’s been this way for years. ”

“Yeah, years of babysitting?” Emily pouted with pessimism.

“Stop it,” Joyce was quick to admonish her, “the day Sheila betrays me is the day kittens fly.”

Naturally, hearing the botched figure of speech had Emily’s head turning. And for Joyce she knew that she could smile because Emily was still taking in silly stimuli.

“I just...” Emily exhaled, but started to find anomalies beneath the mental debris. “Wait, how did she even know about Pip?”

“I told her,” Joyce said with no signs of remorse, “otherwise it could have been one of many things that could lead to a bad night...” She ran her hand through Emily’s hair. “It’s nothing to be embarrassed about? Sheila really isn’t the type to pass judgment, and especially tell people about any of that...”

“Yeah...but...”

Joyce had the thought of biting her lip, debating whether to reveal a small tid-bit of information, if only to help ease Emily’s worries.

“You know your diapers? The ones we keep in your nursery?”

“Y-yes...” Emily started to blush. Her diapers. Her nursery.

Joyce’s expression communicated that she hadn’t quite settled on how she wanted to leak the information. “Well…Sheila had a big hand in getting them for us...”

Emily’s eyes widened. She couldn’t be serious. “She KNOWS?” Obviously her voice couldn’t be kept down then. “Wh-why?! Why did you tell her? You said it was--” A hand came over her mouth.

“Shh, shh,” Joyce gently shushed. “Deep breath? Unnecessary stress is a great way for naughty girls to bring back their headaches...”

Emily did just that before mumbling, “I’m not naughty...”

“No, you’re not.” Joyce smiled and nodded. “Sheila knows as much as she needs to. She knows that I wanted them made, and that’s it. Not who they’re for, or why they’re needed. This was a while back, Emily, even before I started planning out your nursery. If she hasn’t said anything by now to anyone, I highly doubt she’d do it in the future.”

Emily still couldn’t wipe the blush off her face. All she could do was assume the worst. Sheila was smart, probably, to be working under Joyce. For that reason, Emily hardly thought Sheila would just “forget” about something as objectively curious as that. It was only a matter of time until she figured out how Emily was somehow related to them.

“Are you upset with me?” Joyce asked cautiously. She was optimistic, yet she wasn’t a mindreader…

“No...” Emily sulked. “It...I can’t say I really trust her because I don’t know her, but I do trust you...” She gave Joyce a hopeful look. “If you say you think she’s safe, then I guess all I can do is go with that.”

Joyce leaned forward with her arms wrapping around the girl.

“I promise. I absolutely promise that whatever Sheila thinks she knows or does know, it will absolutely not go beyond her.” She hated to consider the thought, but if somehow Sheila was possessed and of another sinister mind to leak what she knew, even Joyce wouldn’t hesitate to strike back. Sheila was important, but even more so herself and Emily alike.

All Emily could do was resign herself to fate, leaning her head into the crook of Joyce’s shoulder, feeling the goosebumps appear in droves as a finger traced itself on the back of her ear.

“Can I tell you something?” Joyce asked.

“What?”

“I’m only suggesting this because I think you might need it...”

Now she was looking up at her. “What…?”

Joyce defused herself for only a second as she fumbled with her suitcase.

Emily wondered what travel tissues had to do with any of this, but her heart skipped a beat once she saw what she most certainly did not expect to see in any place other than home.

“J-Joyce…! Why’d you--”

“Hush.” Calmly, yet adamantly, the stressful girl was commanded into submission. The motherly authority came back on the bed, yet Emily, now silent, still couldn’t take her intense gaze off the pacifier. Naturally she wanted to ask questions, express her worries, but she couldn’t. Not when she didn’t have permission to raise a complaint from the start.

As Joyce spoke, even as she bobbed her finger, dangling the pacifier, Emily was distracted for a list of reasons.

“I think you’re getting in over your head, sweetheart. You’re having too many big thoughts again. I will always respect your opinion, take your concerns into consideration, but I’m going to put my foot down in this situation. You need a reminder to not be such a worrywart.”

Maybe Joyce wanted a verbal response, but Emily was simply becoming too good of a submissive, as she could only quietly murmur, feeling the invisible glue applied to her lips.

Joyce looked fondly down at the pacifier, like an old friend who had helped time and time again, only it wasn’t an old friend. A new one, someone that was going to be a fresh presence in their everyday lives.

Turning with her hand raised, Emily didn’t do so much other than allow her lips to part as Joyce slipped it in. It was perfect; designed for Emily’s mouth like a key was made for a lock.

“See?” Joyce smiled. “I like it much better when my little girl gets to hold onto it,” Joyce grinned, daring enough to even tickle the underside of her chin.

Emily was at a crossroads. Part of her still wanted to hinge on the matter that was once at hand, now totally taken from her, courtesy of Momm-- Joyce.  The other part? Well, it was instead chipperly awaiting what the real authority figure had in store for her next.

There wasn’t any motion from her mouth, and of course Joyce would notice that.

Joyce flashed her teeth as their faces were inches apart. “Oopsies, did I forget to turn on the engine?” Raising her finger through the ring of Emily’s pacifier, she gently tugged on it, and just before the silicon teat could break the suction from the infantilized girl’s lips, Joyce pushed it right back in. Tug, push. Tug, push. She needed only to manually make the girl suck with just a few more motions before the machine started to run on its own.

“Much better, my little treasure,” Joyce scrunched her shoulders and face into a pleasured smile as the tone had just shifted so wonderfully. “Keep sucking. Just think about your pacifier and how much your girlfriend, your Mommy, loves you so, so much. How I would do absolutely anything to protect you, cherish you, and make you feel oh-so fuzzy inside!” She couldn’t help herself with the dreaded tickle attack, causing the adult woman to squeal with involuntary pleasure as she wrestled away. Correction, allowed to get away.

They stared back at each other for a few moments, both mesmerized by the other’s gaze.

“This is definitely what you needed.” Joyce said with affirmation. She wasn’t teasing. She was stating the facts.

Emily’s response? More sucking, paired by the occasional remark, which was the light slap of plastic from her pacifier ring, if that could be considered a legitimate retort.

“Now let’s get you up, buttercup,” Joyce cooed as she grabbed her hands. “Good girls don’t go to breakfast smelling like wine now, do they?” She chuckled happily once she saw her girl’s cheeks redden. Bashful and embarrassed, like she should be.

Joyce traced her hand along Emily’s back as they came into the bathroom. It was impressive, equipped to handle them both, but it was surely a feature both Joyce and Emily knew wasn’t quite as impressive as what they had at home.

“Cahn ah tahk iht ouh beh-foah thuh sh-ow-er?” Emily earnestly tried to mouth around the obstacle in her mouth, but she oh so adorably failed with flying colors.

“I promise I’ll get better,” Joyce giggled as she pulled out the pacifier, excitedly pleased to see a thin layer of drool on it, “but until I learn pacifier-speak, what was that?”

Emily reflexively licked the roof of her mouth, always feeling some kind of difference in her mouth after one of those. She was much more meek now, however, surely after being put in her cushy place. “I asked...can I take it out before the shower…?” Though, by the sound of her voice she knew it was a silly question simply because it had already been answered.

“Yes, but only if you don’t bring up what you’re not supposed to?” Joyce raised her eyebrow, as if to challenge a potential opponent.

But rather prey than predator, Emily nodded with a blush. “Mhmm...”

“Then we’ll save it here until we get out of the shower.” Joyce sufficed, already stripping Emily.

“I love you...” The words came out of Emily. She wasn’t looking at her lover; too busy up at the ceiling as she assumed the ballerina’s posture, a difficult move only meant for the experienced veterans at helping their Mommy-figures remove their clothes.

After Joyce’s head came back up after dropping a pair of pajama shorts, she with the force of her own two lips leaned Emily back a little as she deeply connected with her special girl’s.

Taking a deep breath of air she said with a glowing smile, “I love you too. So-so-so much. Could you start the shower?” she asked as she started to undress herself.

And as she watched Emily, particularly her bum, move which-way as the proprietor who frankly had it on lease, as far as Joyce’s ownership was concerned, something ran by her mind. Dealing with Emily’s reaction to Sheila taught her something she hadn’t fully considered.

Up until now, they eventually did address everything in full, equally and completely. But maybe sometimes...it wasn’t quite worth getting Emily as involved as she thought she needed to be. Rather than give her more rope to feed to a fire she always needed help putting out… Her eyes fell on the pacifier.

Like now, and would likely be in the future, Emily maybe needed “help” realizing that some things just needed to stay beyond her. Emmy didn’t have to worry about adult topics or heavy conversations. If Joyce thought it was okay, and she knew it was okay, Emily should only need to deal with it on a smaller level. A safer level.

And effectively, it was robbing Emily of control. She was losing out on responsibility. But to Joyce, that was the entire idea. That was the goal. The pattern they were going to follow. Yet why did she feel so confident in doing this? That was the easiest part in her mind; the very trigger itself. Emily gave her permission for it, and she encouraged it. They’d fine-tune as they went along.

But frankly? Seeing Emily so subdued with her pacifier, being put in a headspace that proved just how unnecessary some of her worries could be? Hell, if this made the history books, if there ever was one for the unusual adventures of Emily and Joyce, this’d surely be one of her greatest plays.

“Okay, time to go,” Joyce announced in two ways. One was the sound of her own voice. Two, was the wet popping noise from a pacifier leaving a mouth that didn’t want it to leave.

“I could have done that...” Emily smirked with a blush as she put on a pair of sandals.

“I know,” Joyce tickled her chin, “but then I couldn’t have?”

“Th...thank you for that, by the way...” Emily said in a shy voice.

“For giving you what you needed?” Joyce asked.

“Y...Yes...” Yes, for giving her what she needed.

“To be honest, I should have been doing that sooner...” Joyce sighed to herself. She was always going to have her mommy-mode feelings and tendencies, but recent events felt like that her conscious efforts had been shell-shocked completely. Making the right kind of play earlier was starting to give her some confidence again in that department. “I love you more than anything, Emily, so I’m going to be better about judgment calls like that. And remember, if I ever do something like that, it’s not because I don’t value your opinion, okay? It’s because I think you’re starting to bite off more than you need to chew.”

Emily nodded, feeling her inner feelings starting to stir. It was the parental lock on the computer all over again. She wasn’t being asked or suggested for anything. She was being told.

Needless to say, the shorter of the two couldn’t keep her shoulder away from Joyce’s arm as they walked down the hall.

“Are there gonna be a lot of people again at this breakfast…?” Emily asked with a tinge of trepidation.

“Probably enough for one table,” Joyce considered with previous engagements as her reference. “A big table.”

“Is there gonna be room for me…?”

“Well that’s why you’re going to be on my lap...” Joyce spoke with feigned assumption and ease as she called the elevator. Then she turned her head. “W-wait, Emily, I’m joking...” She laughed apologetically. “Yes, there will be room. I’m sure they made a headcount based on the guest list; the worst case is that they have extra chairs.”

As they rode the elevator, Emily felt the need for more silly, yet in her mind, important questions.

“...Is it okay for me to order whatever?”

“Within reason,” Joyce decided. “You can order what you want, but I’d like you to keep it light, please? Just go easy on your tummy this morning.” Joyce was the guiding hand that steered the ship, yet by the same stroke Emily held the override switch, and by now Joyce felt comfortable enough to assume Emily knew that. And since there was no opposition, it only led to further affirmation.

“I don’t think I want anything big either...” Emily agreed, now with much more grounded expectations. Funny how fickle the stomach could be. One moment she merely thought of the pancakes, waffles and whipped cream, and the next after a single thought about her tipsy night, she suddenly couldn’t stomach the thought of excessive confectionaries, much less be in the same room as one.

“And no morning drinks,” Joyce felt the need to include. Emily did not however.

“Really? The last thing I can even think about is alcohol...” The poor girl groaned.

“Just in case,” Joyce rubbed the back of her head affectionately. “A rule unspoken is a rule easily broken.”

“Did you just come up with that now?”

“Impressive, ain’t it?” She giggled proudly.

Emily rolled her eyes as they stepped off the elevator.

The lobby, understandably, looked a tinge less vibrant during the day. The daylight and lack of city lights stripped all the glass windows of their mystifying, glime-dazzling nature, in Emily’s opinion. One of the prized ornaments hanging from above was only half as impressive when there wasn’t an array of warm lights passing through it.

Would you be surprised, the restaurant built into the hotel that was serving breakfast, the entrance: glass. Emily was starting to see a theme here…

“Joyce Summers?” The two magic words. All she needed was her name and the red carpet seemed to always appear ever so magically.

“Right this way,” a waitress escorted the pair down an aisle of a mostly busy place and around the corner.

Emily was a little surprised. Big table made her think of five or six people. Not double that. But sure enough, a large wooden circle was where they went, already occupied mostly with others.

Though if there was any sort of pleasant surprise, it would be the unexpected diversity at the table. Financial titans to Emily made her think of older men in suits likely born from old money. Joyce was of course her antithesis to that notion, but so was the view before her. Obviously some of the females were just significant others, like Emily, but others just seemed to...radiate that they were on their own account, that their place was earned by merit and not mutual affections.

And from that same radiation, Emily for some odd reason was...picking up on a wave of...bitchiness?

Amidst the wave of welcomes they received from the table, only then did the head right in front of them turn around to see who had come.

“Emily?” Lo and behold, that head was Rebcca’s.

“R-Rebecca?” Frankly, Emily as an afterthought was a little touched that she even remembered her name. What part about herself left an impression? Being a doormat and reconciled with through the way of sweets?

An outstretched hand with a friendly smile already corralled the girl back on the side of her handler.

“Hi there,” Joyce smiled, “I don’t think we’ve met before?” Smiled so much of a smile that you’d think she was smiling. Objectively smiling. Whether positive feelings were behind it, that was another story.

While it was another business get-together, these smaller breakfasts thankfully were a tad bit less formal, even if talking shop never quite stopped. Moods didn’t need to be as tailored, the fanciest of dress wasn’t required, and certainly for a mature, dignified woman like Joyce, maybe just a tinge of...unbecoming traits could waft a little.

The reality was quite something about Emily getting to other women first before Joyce that quite irrationally upset her. In her mind, it was somewhere between checking Emily’s Halloween candy for tampering and filtering out even the air another predator might breathe so much as even in the same room as her sweet treasure. All this was her natural response, even if all it took was a small sense of reason to snap her out of her unchecked jealousy. But could she be blamed? (Most definitely). There was a damn good chance Emily could have the hots for men or women now. It’d suddenly become the same playing field but with twice the players!

“Hello...” Rebecca from her seat reached out to Joyce’s hand, giving it a light shake. Yep. Joyce for sure was radiating with...something. Something that somehow made the atmosphere all...uncomfortable.

Joyce’s entranced expression as she gave her a firm shake was popped like a bubble with a blunt touch from behind.

“Hm?” With a cute hum of curiosity, all that flame and fire extinguished once her head turned around.

Emily’s hand was half-hooked on Joyce’s elbow. She wasn’t as good as Joyce when it came to oozing with emotion like a nuclear meltdown, but maybe her eyes could work a little magic.

Be nice! Don’t be weird!

She had defused the bomb once Joyce turned her head back, smiling. A more real smile. Still on the side of faux, though. “I’m Joyce, Emily’s girlfriend.”

So much for business. It was starting to feel like an exchange at the high school lunchroom. And if only Emily had seen the faintest corners of Joyce’s mouth, like she was doing just the bare minimum to hide a haughty grin, somehow proud for already having the prize to a game Rebecca knew nothing about and likely would have cared even less to play.

“Joyce, why don’t you two have a seat?” One of the others at the table, outside the range of Joyce’s...influence, called out in a friendly manner.

“If you’re fine with it, there’s two seats next to me...” Rebecca said, though from Emily’s perspective she was slightly averting her gaze from Joyce, looking past her and to Emily, of all people. Unbelievable. But, then again, sort of believable...Joyce was starting to intimidate the woman for no reason other than her own pride and overprotectiveness.

Preventative measures, preventative measures…!

Emily was still too shy for many words, but she knew something needed to be done for Joyce’s sake. Trying to be casual, but not so casually, she grabbed Joyce’s arm, pretending to play with her hand just for a second so she could be the closer one to the chairs, sitting right down in the one adjacent to Rebecca.

Both of them knew that’s the one Joyce had wanted, which is why a look of surprise, and maybe even silly betrayal crossed the reflection in her eyes.

“F-...Funny seeing you here, Rebecca?” Emily did her best to make small-talk, but lord if she wasn’t as rigid and stiff as a board. Joyce, given the degree of separation and a moment to pause, she at least sat down without a fuss. If only Emily had known this’d become a sudden job to babysit her babysitter...

“Funny...” Rebecca sounded like she half-agreed, whereas her other half was too busy trying to discern the sort of stare she was getting from another chair down. “Have we met somewhere before?” She suddenly asked down the chain.

“Oh? Us?” Joyce feigned ignorance as well as paper repelled water. “No, no; Emily told me about you and your other friend last night. Thank you for keeping her company!”

“...Oh, that’s right,” Rebecca took a thoughtful second before looking at Emily, “didn’t you say that she was looking for you? Does she misplace you often?” Rebecca grinned, and maybe Emily would have too, but she felt the fire of hell radiating just over her shoulder.

Maybe in another life, had Emily been blessed with height she could have fully screened the borderline hostile patron beside her. “I would have found her right away, but it’s a little hard when someone meddles and steals--”

“Hi there!” A waitress coincidentally (and oh-so thankfully) interrupted all the different amounts of chatter right then. “Is everyone here to start taking orders now?”

“Uhh...sure, that sounds fine,” One of the men at the other end of the table said. “We’ll work our way down if anyone still wants to take a look at the menu.” He said, likely referring to Emily and Joyce, the last arrivees.

“Joyce, could we share a menu?” Emily asked, pretending like hers right in front of her didn’t exist. Joyce’s lips pursed as she knew she was being called back inside and for good reason.

Emily scooched her chair closer to Joyce, trying to be as quiet as can be while she whispered into her ear.

What are you doing?!

“Nothing! I’m just saying hello to the bitchy bully you met last night.” It was maybe funny and cute last night, but the elevator ride down left Joyce thinking of how all that “bitchiness” had to have been felt by Emily firsthand.

Well stop it!” Emily admonished with a quiet whine. “We’re on good terms now!” At least Emily thought they were. Whatever neutral blood there may have been at the least though, it felt as if Joyce was personally trying to spoil what was relatively untainted. “Think about how this looks for you, too!

Emily then felt the need to roll her eyes, and she certainly did so once Joyce’s face gave the impression she’d just been told ‘no’ to getting a new toy.

Honestly, how bad could she be? Was it jealousy or overprotectiveness? Could she at least be discreet about it? Maybe Emily had only herself to blame; they were just coming downstairs from a little intimate moment leaving her partner high on the pleasures of being a mommy…

Emily’s inner conscience shook its head with guilt. Of course all this excitement was too much for her poor mommy…

“And you?” The waitress was standing by Joyce next.

“Oh, uhm...” Joyce hadn’t a second to really ponder the menu, and neither did Emily. “I’ll take a...coffee, please. Black? Two eggs with toast. Sunny side up, please?”

“...Okay, sure thing. And you?” Now it was Emily’s turn.

Emily blinked, immediately thinking of what her normal preference would be, something involving a pancake or waffle base followed by chocolate chips and a fruit (possibly of the banana variety), but remembering her important talks from the elevator, that was unfortunately off the table…

“Uhm...”

“Could she have the same thing, actually?” Joyce intervened, finally making her first tactful play of the entire breakfast. “Only can we swap her drink for chocolate milk? Add bacon to hers, too?”

Well, not quite how she’d have liked it, not when she was in the audience of Joyce’s business peers… She could have sworn a few even ordered daytime drinks. Coffee was going to be her goto, not chocolate milk…!

But it’d already been done and dusted, carved in stone as the waitress flicked with her pen and moved along.

“Th...thanks, but I would have liked coffee, too...” Emily felt the need to say in a quiet voice.

“But you like chocolate milk, don’t you? I make it for you all the time?” Joyce asked unashamedly.

Not when it’s at a business breakfast…!” Emily found the privacy to complain just a little longer while Rebecca was busy with her order.

“Well I don’t want you having coffee either today; I think it’s already a miracle that you weren’t in the bathroom last night...” Thankfully she didn’t go into unnecessary detail.

As chaotic as Joyce was being, her conscious mind had never left, sensing it was about time she showed Emily she was still capable of rational decisions.

“Rebecca?” Joyce re-extended her hand, “I’m sorry about a few minutes ago. I was a bit bothered by some news I got this morning… Investments falling through.”

The lack of a predatory look on Joyce’s face this time seemed to be of good faith, which is why Rebecca took it once more only a bit more amicably this time.

“Oh, that’s fine. It happens… Sorry about my comment a second ago… I didn’t mean to insult you if that’s what it seemed like.”

And as the two monsters made peace through words, Emily could only wonder why she instead had received offerings of parfaits rather than direct apologies…

“I like her!” Joyce smiled from ear to ear on the drive home.

Emily drilled a finger in her own ear, just to double check. “Y-you looked like you were gonna punch her at first...”

“Huh?” Oh Joyce, so willing to feign ignorance. “Well...maybe I was a little bit out of sorts at first… An investment fell through for me, you know?” She grinned.

“Uh-huh...”

A hand found its way on Emily’s thigh. “I know...I was already riling myself up on the elevator ride down. I started thinking about what you told me about Rebecca and how she wasn’t nice to you at first...”

“You’re a real helicopter mommy, you know?”

“And don’t forget it.” Her voice seemed to carry a small sense of pride, like Emily’s mocking comment was a badge of honor.

“...You were okay with it, right?”

“Okay with how you acted toward Rebecca?” Emily snarked. “Meh. As long as it doesn’t affect you,” she smiled.

“No, uhm...I meant about what happened in our room. As...as long as you were okay with it; how I handled that, I promise I’ll stop asking...I’m just...a little nervous since I was so forward...”

“For someone who calls this such a lifestyle, you’re throwing in a lot of stops, ya know?”

“It is...” Joyce whined with her own smile. If Emily was joking, she wasn’t upset. Good.

“We already talked about our stops, so since you told me not to worry...” Emily inhaled, “then I won’t worry.” But always at the end of the day, saying something was far easier than actually doing it.

“Okay,” Joyce briskly cut the cord, “time for something else. Enough about that. So, do you think you’d ever want to do something like that again?”

“...”

“Emily?”

“Mmm...” Apparently it wasn’t an easy decision. “I guess if I had to I could handle it...”

“If you had to? Well, that’s okay, my little trooper. I think once was enough for you.”

“Hah?” Emily reared her head over to the driver. “Didn’t you want me to come with you last night? You were begging me!”

“I was not begging,” Joyce put on the best ‘totally wasn’t like that even if it was’ look she could give. “I just thought it’d be nice to enjoy each other’s company while I had to deal with business?”

“Yeah, well, that didn’t go as planned.”

“No, it didn’t,” Joyce grinned, “but frankly, even if we were together the whole night, I still think I’d have been dealing with a sleepy little girl regardless.”

“You would not.” Emily frowned with a sharp correction.

“I wouldn’t?” Joyce inflated her tone with feigned ignorance.

“No. I was...I just drank a lot, is all. It made me tired.”

“No, drinks make you emotional, but they don’t make you sleepy. It was way past your bedtime anyway.”

“My bedtime? I don’t have one, need I remind you?”

“Maybe not officially when you’re out of your diapers,” Joyce agreed without resistance like it was a simple fact, and so was the possession of her diapers, to which Emily quietly blushed over. “But since we’ve gotten your sleep schedule back in line, you do start to show signs, ya know? When I say bedtime, I don’t mean an enforceable one,” but oh she so certainly would love to, “I mean the time when your body starts showing signs.”

“I don’t show any signs...” Emily side-eyed her. In her mind, signs didn’t consist of the generic yawns and eye rubs.

“Yes, you do,” Joyce giggled. “You droop your shoulders,” Joyce imitated the posture, “You start rubbing your eyes all the time, and you always do that cute little head-bob…!”

“Y-you do the same thing...” Emily tried to strike back, but since the record showed Emily had never once gone to bed after Joyce, she couldn’t say for sure…

But instead she was ignored. “Oh! Or when sometimes you start sticking your hand under your shirt? That’s too adorable!”

Her last mention sounded completely foreign to her. “What? I don’t do that.”

“Huh?” Joyce apparently knew Emily’s body better than herself. But in all fairness, with the way she handled her, her claim actually might hold some weight… “Yes you do? You do it pretty regularly. You always have it on that cute tummy of yours.”

Apparently Joyce saw the subconscious things in Emily even though she herself didn’t notice. Did that go both ways? Did Emily notice those kinds of things about Joyce as well?

“And by the way...since we were away from the house the entire night...I was thinking maybe you’d like to do some ‘catching up’ on our little promise to each other?”

Thankfully, all it took was some mommy-talk and a pacifier in the morning to keep Emily on her allusion game for once.

“Really?” Emily stifled a giggle and settled for a chuckle. “You think you’ve earned the right after losing me last night?”

“Well, when you put it like that, I do remember last night on the elevator ride down I couldn’t stop thinking of all the different ways I could keep track of you. Bells, a tracking chip, handcuffs...” She hummed for a brief moment, letting the silly act imagine herself as the astute, genius mommy in the making. “But I guess no one at a grown-up party except for you would sound like a crinkle-tush, huh?”

“Let’s stick with handcuffs...”

“Oh, and if we kept you in diapers we wouldn’t even need to take you to use the potty? More time to chat with others!”

“Joyce…!”

“I guess I’m just thinking out loud...but I better write that one down. After all, you said it yourself; I seem to misplace you so easily! Heh, I guess I hear you just as much as see you.”

“Okay! We can use the nursery tonight! Just please stop joking about that stuff!”

With Emily rightly backed into her corner, Joyce felt at ease again to laugh now with herself back on top. “Okay, I’ll let it go, for now.” Thankfully it was a red light, otherwise Joyce would have missed out on the sweet strawberry that’d replaced Emily’s face.

Emily took to looking out the window for the rest of the ride home, her dumbstruck face with quivering lips, trying to wipe a naughty smirk off her face. Her strings she never even knew about herself were starting to be plucked more and more as her owner slowly discovered just the right rhythm to make the bashful girl sing on immediate command.

And never in a million years would she. Never would she dare to be anything but cohesive and compatible, but the thought couldn’t help but cross the lovestruck girl’s mind.

Maybe I should misbehave more often...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5
  • Mee changed the title to Sheltered [05/28/2022] CH36 - Misbehaving

Glad to see this back!!!

I saw your complaint about text formatting. DailyDiapers engine here can be a pain. My best success is to put the text into Google Docs with no extra returns between paragraphs. Instead use the paragraph 'after' spacing to space things on your screen as you write (I personally like 6pts after). When you're ready to post use the download as option as an .rtf file and open/copy it from that version. Keeps the bold out and lets things look right spacing wise. 

Hope to see another chapter about their story soon. Thanks for continuing this!

• Thanks 1

I too was thrilled to be greeted by a new chapter of this one.  And again, you make the wait worthwhile with a deep and emotive narrative.  Lot of ground covered in a tiny window of time.  

You can, BTW, just right-click in the text box and pick "Paste as Plain Text" or hit Ctrl-Shift-V to ditch the formatting that carries over from your writing software/Google Doc/whatever.  

What really intrigued me, oddly enough, was a word choice.  

11 hours ago, Mee said:

stripped all the glass windows of their mystifying, glime-dazzling nature

Glime means to steal a glance.  This is a really interesting context for that word.  Is the implication that one might steal a glance through the window and be unexpectedly fixated by it?  Really cool, either way.  

OMG! I loved this chapter!

I'm glad that, even if it is sporadic, you continue to update this most wonderful story. If you were some other people (ahem: me), you'd probably let it drop and readers would wonder what the heck happened to it. (I really should never publish longer stories until they are completely finished, since I lack the discipline to continue them after a while.)

Anyway, I think I have said before that the relationship between Joyce and Emily is simply the most adorable one in any story I've read on any ABDL site. I can't keep track of the number of mental (and sometimes even oral) "awwws" I utter while reading this story. It's really (to use WBDaddy's definition above) glime-dazzling.

13 hours ago, Bel George said:

Thank you @Mee for adding a new chapter to this amazing story.  

Anytime! But not really, because I can't guarantee my timeliness. Thank you for the comment!

11 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Glad to see this back!!!

I saw your complaint about text formatting. DailyDiapers engine here can be a pain. My best success is to put the text into Google Docs with no extra returns between paragraphs. Instead use the paragraph 'after' spacing to space things on your screen as you write (I personally like 6pts after). When you're ready to post use the download as option as an .rtf file and open/copy it from that version. Keeps the bold out and lets things look right spacing wise. 

Hope to see another chapter about their story soon. Thanks for continuing this!

Yes, it was a late-night posting and I was ready to throw another fit about how I've been posting these. I work out of docs currently and my routine has been pasting as plain text then going italicized word by word and re-adding the formatting, horizontal breaks, etc. I think it sort of reached a point where I partly dreaded posting because it felt like punishing myself for writing so much.

Then I actually stopped for a second to consider conversion methods. Just like both you and WBDaddy mentioned, I for the first time downloaded as rich text and pasted. What I didn't do like you suggested is putting an extra new line between each paragraph. Learning, but this is much better than my old ways. Glad though I finally stopped to consider any easier way, haha.

Also, more chapters exist and are fully written. So...maybe in a week, l'd say? Backlogs are fun to have! Thank you as always for commenting and sharing enthusiasm! I'm sitting on a mountain of half/unfinished stuff that I hope to share sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

I too was thrilled to be greeted by a new chapter of this one.  And again, you make the wait worthwhile with a deep and emotive narrative.  Lot of ground covered in a tiny window of time.  

You can, BTW, just right-click in the text box and pick "Paste as Plain Text" or hit Ctrl-Shift-V to ditch the formatting that carries over from your writing software/Google Doc/whatever.  

What really intrigued me, oddly enough, was a word choice.  

Glime means to steal a glance.  This is a really interesting context for that word.  Is the implication that one might steal a glance through the window and be unexpectedly fixated by it?  Really cool, either way.  

I do pride myself in my super timely releases. Not that I mean to brag or anything, but I did get this chapter in under a year since the last one! My main issue with the mismatch in formatting is mainly just losing the italicized words. Pasting as plain loses that and leaves me having my monitor split between two windows of the docs text and this editor. I'm just combing through italicized word by word and matching it into the editor. Super tedious and annoying, but it's really just my own laziness that's kept me from trying to solve anything until now. That, and I guess I never really considered it.

"Glime-dazzling" was definitely a stream of conscious kind of moment. It was sort of meant to be just two buzz words that could give the feeling of a lively nightlife that catches your eye. Sometimes when I write at least for Sheltered, I might accidentally adopt Emily's perspective that's supposed to be a little more bubbly. I kinda bend the rules a little bit. Sometimes it sticks, other times it doesn't.

Thank you for asking about it though! It made me put more thought into it in retrospect than I had actually in the moment, haha. Thanks for staying so interested and commenting!

7 hours ago, kerry said:

OMG! I loved this chapter!

I'm glad that, even if it is sporadic, you continue to update this most wonderful story. If you were some other people (ahem: me), you'd probably let it drop and readers would wonder what the heck happened to it. (I really should never publish longer stories until they are completely finished, since I lack the discipline to continue them after a while.)

Anyway, I think I have said before that the relationship between Joyce and Emily is simply the most adorable one in any story I've read on any ABDL site. I can't keep track of the number of mental (and sometimes even oral) "awwws" I utter while reading this story. It's really (to use WBDaddy's definition above) glime-dazzling.

I think I keep moving my "post by X" goalpost each time I get busy. So, with absolute pride my claim to fame is posting within a year of the last chapter! I have let two or three stories completely drop, I think. Part of that was because at the time I wrote those stories when I was younger and it shows with the style and content. At least one or two of them just aren't things that I'm comfortable writing anymore. At least for Sheltered, I'm able to keep writing for it because I still have a bucket list of things I want to reach with them and still find it fun to keep writing for their characters.

I may need to use that phrase as an easter egg somewhere in my writing now, "Glime-dazzling." I'm glad you're enjoying the story though, and thank you for continuing to stay interested!

And to everyone, thank you for putting up with my erratic schedule and continuing to show so much interest in a story that has been slowly chugging along for literal years now (which doesn't make me so proud to comment on...). I think by this point speaking on my schedule wouldn't hold a lot of weight because consistency is unfortunately beyond my skillset unless it needs to be. That being said, should be posting another chapter soon!

• Like 7
On 5/29/2022 at 3:27 PM, diaperboymi said:

Wonderful to see an update to this story.   Thank you for being back and staying with it.   I'm sure there's a lot more to follow.  ???????

Thank you very much!

I like formatting again. Also, I think I'm a day late by my self-imposed deadline. I think I really do need a Joyce for some structure. Please enjoy!

CH37 - Wait and See

“Emily, I’m--!”

By now her routine was rehearsed and practiced, refined to become the perfect technique.

Around the corner. One step out in the open. Pivot on the heel. Tighten the muscles, then pounce! Emily’s naked feet soared across the vast valley of slate, a forbidden place where no bare soles would dare to roam. It was sure suicide for Emily’s poor appendages. But she was bold. She was brave. Her gamble as always paid off, taking a leap of faith and being caught by her rescuer and guardian angel.

Emily squealed with delight as Joyce’s firm hands slipped under her thighs and Emily’s legs caught around Joyce’s waist and between her arms like a plug into a socket.

The joy on Emily’s face was always the same, yet the novelty never left. Wrapping her arms around Joyce’s neck she put on her best rosy smile.

“Welcome home!” Emily giggled.

“G-good to see you…!” Joyce grunted for a second, setting Emily back on the floor after a duly needed kiss. Thankfully Joyce found the time to keep her muscles in shape, somehow, but that didn’t mean she was always primed for a surprise attack like that. Give her a second to prepare and she could carry Emily to the depths of hell and back. Catch her on a bad second, and well, she might need a minute. “Did you do all your chores?”

“Of course I did.” Emily nodded assuredly, pacing to and fro as Joyce took off her flats. As much as Joyce claimed to be “caught off guard” by these ‘welcome home’ antics, a niche sort of rule came from it that always made the crime premeditated. Thus, these sort of pounces were no surprise when Joyce might happen to hint at not wearing heels that day, for understandable reasons. With her back facing Emily, she couldn’t help but giggle thinking about the day that spawned that one.

No sprained ankles, but a five-hundred dollar pair of heels went down the drain… Needless to say, Joyce had to do a lot of mommying that night to cheer Emily up. So much, in fact, that she made up the rule just to let her think she’d been punished and absolved of her sins.

“What’s so funny?” Emily asked on her knees, gently rocking Joyce from her shoulders.

“You~” Joyce smirked as her feet were freed from submission. “Speaking of who, were you a good girl today?”

“Of cour-- Wait,” Emily frowned. “You didn’t ask me yet.” As a stickler to the rules as she was, even Emily could be prone to getting caught up in the moment.

“Oops,” Joyce apologetically smiled, but held hope given Emily’s susceptibility to the momentum. “First, are you gonna be my good girl for the night?”

Emily puffed her cheeks as she tried to make the moment look contemplative.

“Of course I will...” Her cheeks reddened. “It’s a Friday, after all...”

“Choose your words carefully. The F-word alone is enough to excite me!”

Just as Emily was starting to stand, Joyce promptly pulled part of her back down by the waistband. Emily went up, but her pants did not.

“E-Emily?”

“...Yeah…?”

“Where are your panties?”

“...W-well...I sorta just...” Her face was starting to magnetize toward her shoulder. “I sorta figured since...”

There was something in itself of Emily looking so embarrassed, so bashful, yet her knees barely bowed inward as she stood there. Had Joyce been robbed of her imagination, Emily’s dwindling sense of shame would continue to compensate as her crotch and nether regions hid behind nothing but the air itself.

“So you took off your panties before I got home, expecting me to find you like this?”

“I...I guess...” She sort of did. Creativity was something she unfortunately had a lot of time to stew with, but slightly less now with her daily tasks...

“You guess?” Joyce took a stand on the wooden floor where she could comfortably look down on the half-naked girl again. “It’s a yes or no question, Emily.”

“Y-yes...” Maybe it was a bit too much for her, starting to bend forward for her pants at the ankles.

“Ah-ah!” Joyce caught her by the wrist and tugged her back up straight. “No, I took those off for a reason. But I don’t remember taking off your panties for you. What’s that all about?”

“I...I dunno…” Emily unfortunately knew where this was going.

“You don’t know?” Joyce laid it into her, just like any stern mother would. “You’re telling me that you took your panties off for no real reason?”

“Yes...”

“Yes?” Joyce repeated. “I think you do have a reason. I think you wanted me to catch you like this. Have you already forgotten that this is the second time now I’m coming home to find you naked?”

“I was wearing clothes!” All of them except for the undergarments…

“Yet not where it counts...” Joyce hung her head into her hand, looking as playfully disappointed as could be. “Emily, these are an awful lot of gymnastics just to tell me you like your diapers?”

“Wha--?! N-no! I’m...” She blushed and groaned. Bloaned. Screw it, the roleplay was getting too embarrassing for her. “I did it because I thought you’d like it!”

Her girlfriend’s eyebrows raised as surprise overtook her look. But her face was a canvas she could paint so beautifully well. Joyce, the emotional artist that she was, formed a crease as she pursed her lips and told a story with her eyes that hardly believed Emily’s “fib” for not even a second.

“Uh-huh…?” She nodded patronizingly.

Emily scrunched her face as she looked agitated now, knowing she’d never get Joyce to break the act now, not when Emily was making it far too entertaining for her.

“Okay, diaper bum,” Joyce calmingly spoke as she clasped her hands, “let’s go get that bottom in something snug!” A bubbly hum escaped her as she took the first few steps.

“No, leave the pants, sweetheart,” Joyce calmly instructed her. Once again, Emily with a furnace of steamy, cushy emotions awkwardly stepped out of the yoga pants fully.

“Was work good?” Emily tried to remain of an adult mind as she shuffled awkwardly by the door to the nursery.

“It was fine,” Joyce said with a smile while she slipped the key into the knob, “but I’m glad to be home. Frankly, I get a little worried knowing that my little girl could be running around the apartment naked from the waist down...”

“I was wearing pants! I only took them off like fifteen minutes ago!”

“Well, as much as I’d like to help you prove that,” Joyce put on an exaggerated shrug, “the video cameras weren’t recording audio today, so we’ll never see when it happened...”

“W-gh...That’s…!” Emily tried to argue, but was so swept up only did she realize now. “Wait, you said audio? That still means you can see--!”

Joyce’s hand gave her stress ball a fun squeeze. “Your cute little bum!” She joyfully interrupted by cupping Emily’s naked butt.

“S-stop!” Emily whined with a tinge of glee, shooting forward into the nursery. “Your hands are cold!” She laughed as she tried to transfer some heat back into her backside.

“And if only you’d have been wearing something to keep you warm...” Joyce tutted. This was always her favorite part; letting their witty banter simply roll off the tongue. Speak reactively. Naturally. Because it was natural, because this was all so real and so casual for them.

The first order of business on the way in for Emily was a squeeze on Mr.Bear’s large stuffed nose. Their typical greeting to one another on occasions such as this. It was like having a greeter at a superstore to welcome all the incoming shoppers, except it was the other way around. Mr.Bear was a...greeter receiver? Weird job, but if it paid the bills…

And even in a land of diapers, nurseries and pacifiers, the human condition by the way of habit and routine is no less out of place than it’d be anywhere else. Up on the changing table Emily went, and just like the unfortunate routine would go, then the strap came over her.

“Do you really need to use the strap?” Emily frowned a small bit, her one complaint becoming the small spice to this “routine” that’d happen to change up the repetition every once and a bit.

“It’s to keep you on the changing table?” Joyce feigned ignorance, something she lended herself to so well when it came to teasing and flustering Emily.

“It’s not like I’m going to fall off!” Emily threw her hands in the air. Correction. She imagined herself doing so. Strap and whatnot.

“Right,” Joyce nodded. So they did agree? “Because you have this strap on.” Maybe not.

Emily pouted, but she cooperated. Next came the gentle tap on her thigh as a signal to do her best to lift her hips.

“So...” Emily waited to let the crinkling of an unfurling diaper finish, “So did anything at all interesting happen today?”

Joyce’s eyes wandered to the ceiling as her spatial awareness seemed to carry on with the diapering like it was breathing. “Mm...I did talk with Sheila a little bit today.”

The S-word had become a bit of a squeamish spot for Emily. She trusted Joyce, naturally, but Sheila outside her tangible realm was fantasized more as a ticking time-bomb than a loyal assistant of her girlfriend.

“Yeah? About what?” The sweet scent of lavender was starting to cloud on her crotch, as was tradition. Maybe it was good she was under the strap, otherwise she’d be wiggling all over from the tingly feeling…

“Uhm...business?” Joyce didn’t sound so sure herself, despite it feeling like such a significant part of her day, now that she thought about it. “A little bit about her. Tiny bit of me.”

That is your highlight?” Emily warped her lips and cocked her head and brow. “Don’t you two talk all the time?” After all, a secretary with no communication probably meant problems somewhere in the chain of logistics…

The eyelids on her partner dropped a bit as she looked off to the side. “We don’t really have many personal discussions...”

“N-no,” Emily suddenly blurted out. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.” She gave an earnest look of remorse, despite having baby powder being rubbed into her privates by the one she was apologizing to. “I assumed when I shouldn’t’ve.”

“Thank you,” Joyce gave her a kiss on the forehead. “I know it sounds a little weird, but Sheila and I have a pretty limited relationship… Don’t get me wrong; we’re friendly, but we’re boss and secretary above all else. It’s sort of hard to forget that whenever we talk...” For multiple reasons, but most of all Sheila keeping to a gold standard herself.

“So she was willing to talk today about stuff?” Emily bounced back.

“She’s always willing, just only as an employee, which is good, but also…” she sighed. “But today wasn’t like that for at least a second. She actually started saying something first today, which isn’t like her.”

“Well that’s good.” Emily nodded supportively, although she felt ill-equipped to really understand their relationship and the actual significance of these events. Therefore, she would engage in the only way she knew how. “So? Tryna be better friends with Sheila? Are you trying to kick me out and get a new baby girl?” She grinned.

Joyce giggled as she pressed the tapes on Emily’s diaper.

“I think it’d cause me some problems if my reports were written in crayon. Besides, your diapers definitely would not fit her.”

My diapers?” Emily repeated Joyce’s choice words.

“Yes, your diapers,” Joyce emphasized with a smile. “I like where I have both of my girls as is.”

“So putting me in diapers is a duty as a boss, too?” Emily laughed.

“Of course it is,” Joyce stated as a fact. “I’m the boss of you too, you know?” Joyce undid the strap as she gingerly patted Emily’s crinkly crotch. “This is the fifth complaint I’ve gotten from HR about you running around half-naked! I can only let you off with so many warnings, young lady?”

“Uh-huh. Well I’m gonna report you to HR for harassment.” Emily stuck out her tongue as she set up and rolled off her hip onto her feet.

“Harassment?” Joyce’s mouth hung agape. “Emmy, sweetie,” she hooked her finger on the diaper’s waistband. “It’s job security!” She paused with a growing smirk, as if awaiting the praise from her masterful wordplay.

“Ugh...” Emily groaned with a simultaneous smirk as she turned away just to hide the giggly look. And just to double down before Joyce’s teasing could reach her ears, Emily leapt forward to the corner where her trusty confidant remained as always.

As Emily nuzzled herself into the giant bear, Joyce drifted to the other end of the nursery as she fussed through the closet.

“I really wish we could just leave your high chair out in the kitchen always...” Joyce passively complained as she contemplated on the few pieces of clothing she had for her baby girl. A crime, unfortunately, one she hoped to rectify soon with more discussions with Amy.

Emily’s ears were enveloped in stuffed bear-ness as her mind was still on the track of dodging humiliation, chanting in muffled cries as she ‘blah-blah’ and ‘la-la’ed her way out of conviction.

“Out of the bear, missy,” Joyce beckoned, holding Emily’s onesie over her arm. “We have your underwear situation solved, but not your uniform.”

“Uniform?” Emily spun her head. Maybe she could hear it all…

Joyce held it out in front of her. She’d been sparing with the outfits thus far, just to maximize their novelty. Emily laid eyes on the pink and white stripes for the first time, small pouch pockets and a hanging crotch flap.

“Did Amy make that too?” Emily asked with a difficult expression. Impressed, yes, but bashful for being the one about to wear it? Most certainly so.

“Yes she did!” Joyce sang as Emily stood up to be stripped of her last pieces of adult clothing.

Up and down her arms went as Joyce slipped Emily’s head through the opening. Straightening it out and feeding her arms through the proper holes, one just might have thought her to be an eccentric featuring some kind of dress. Though, with each audible snap as Joyce lovingly fussed with the crotch of Emily’s onesie, her credibility as a fashionista was plummeting rapidly.

“It’s soft.” Emily remarked as she ran her hands over her clothed stomach. Just when she went to feel the leg cuffs, Joyce gently moved her hands out of the way.

“And just when was it your job to make sure your clothes fit you?” Joyce looked up at her with a playfully stern look.

Emily opened her mouth for a witty reply, but then remembered she didn’t actually have one. Not only that, but how funnily bizarre Joyce’s comment was had knocked the linguistic part of her brain off its center.

“I...” Emily looked partly over her shoulder just to stifle a random giggle. “...I just wanted to see how it felt.”

“Well,” Joyce stood back up, running her hands over Emily’s shoulders before giving the sleeves a gentle tug. “Good thing these have snaps on them. If it slips right off then I doubt it’ll be on you for more than five minutes.”

Emily rolled her eyes. “Are we still going with that?”

“No, of course not, silly,” Joyce chuckled as she steered her to the exit. “You wouldn’t be in your diapers right now, if we were?”

Emily almost made an audible noise of grief for having walked into that so easily. Then again, not so easily, as Joyce seemed to twist her words so masterfully, that Emily could talk about the weather and it’d somehow read to Joyce as asking for a nap in her crib. Either it was all baseless and on a whim, or there existed some kind of mommy logic Emily could never hope to understand. The realist inside of her claimed it was the former, but she stopped being a realist the moment she “lost” her panties.

The order in train carts swapped once Joyce took the lead back to the bedroom, ever so happily leaving the nursery unlocked and opened.

“Can we get shakes tonight?” Emily crinkled in tow with her innocent question.

“You’re being very silly if you think that you’re getting dessert before dinner...” Joyce tutted whilst she unbuttoned her office attire.

Emily had laid herself across the bed, watching Joyce half-naked walk around the room.

After dinner?” Emily emphasized her correction, maybe hoping that somehow earned her brownie points.

“We’ll see,” Joyce gave her non-answer, rehearsed to a ‘T’ just so she could experience the thrill of getting to say it at any point. The joys of being a mommy, getting to experience all sorts of fun little bucket list items, like feeding her imaginary two-year old vague and empty placating responses.

Emily rolled her eyes, technically, as her entire body as well rolled across the bed. “Can we do takeout for dinner, too?”

Now Joyce was looking her way. “Takeout, too? What makes you think you’ve earned all those treats, missy?”

“...Cuz it’s Friday?”

“Friday is only good for one reward,” Joyce sufficed on the spot, somehow finding praise in her infantilized girlfriend surviving a week. But aside from that she also wanted to throw Emily a bone. “But...you also have been good with your chores,” Joyce smiled earnestly, “so I guess that should count for something, too?”

Emily grinned back, but in the back of her mind it was only the pessimistic thought of how it could get her anything but an actual job…

“So that’s a yes?” Emily giggled as she propped herself up with her elbows.

“It’s a wait and see.” Joyce calmly repeated, just about done dressing herself.

“Wait and see for what?” Emily frowned.

“Wait and see if there’s a tantrum or naughtiness that might undo those two treats?” Joyce peaked over her shoulder with a glimmer and a smirk, as if tempting Emily to say something back.

Emily furrowed her brows, nearly about to waltz right into what was surely entrapment, but her last-minute conscience saved her from such.

“...Kay.”

Joyce nearly pouted, clearly expecting a different outcome, yet she shrugged it off. “In that case, go park that bum by the door. Mommy’s gotta grab a few things before we go back out.”

Emily hopped off the bed, doing as she was told, even before the playful swat on her behind sent her forward and onward. As she rocked the heels of her feet on the step just above the slate flooring, Joyce soon came next, stepping down in front of Emily.

Just as Emily started to look up, her eyes brought her gaze back down as a long roll of multi-colored cotton unfurled itself from Joyce’s outstretched hand.

“When did we get those?” Emily asked, a little caught off guard by the sudden addition to her wardrobe.

“I saw these last week. Aren’t they pretty?” Joyce smiled from ear to ear and she kneeled in front of Emily, setting the girl’s foot on her thigh.

“Uhm...they’re cute socks, but...” Emily watched Joyce bunch together the cotton thigh-high socks as she slipped it over Emily’s foot and fed the mile-long sock up her leg.

“But nothing,” Joyce curbed the “attitude”, as she liked to call it. “It’s only getting colder outside, and even if you’re staying in the car I don’t want you feeling chilly.”

“I wouldn’t be though?” Emily tried, although a onesie with a thick diaper was far more compromising than anything Joyce could put on her feet.

“You’re right, you won’t be with these comfy socks?” Joyce gently tapped her knee, signaling Emily’s other foot.

Emily continued to look pensive and reluctant, but practice had made her diligent in separating her hesitation from her actions. She could complain, moan and groan until the cows came home, but it wouldn’t change her compliance in a diaper change, outfitting, sippy cup and the like. Most of the time, at least.

“Wait, why do I have to wear these socks if I’m just gonna wear pants?” Emily continued to poke holes in the plan as it was presented to her, now stepping into sweatpants.

“Because these are just until we get to the car,” Joyce calmly explained, but promptly stopped with her hands on the waistband of her pants. “But if you really don’t want to wear them on the walk down, I think a onesie and jacket are fine too?” She already started to pull them down, albeit much slower.

“No! They’re fine!” Emily whined right up until Joyce reversed her motions, chuckling no less. “I’ll just keep them on for the ride...”

“No, it’s only to give you a little privacy while we’re walking. These come off once we get in the car.” Joyce said back without a laugh, as loving as she was.

Emily pursed her lips, knowing that the decision had been made and it was final. Lowering her chin, she tossed her gaze over her shoulder.

“I hate that you’re getting so good at that...” Emily pouted with an inflated cheek.

“Getting good at what?” Joyce asked with an almost sultry look. She stood back up to pull a turquoise jacket off its hook.

“...Mommying...” Emily quietly answered as she stood. Since the hotel incident and even a little before that, their consistent time spent in these sort of roles had led to much more acclimation for them both. Particularly Joyce. She was kind, loving, and as doting as ever. However, she seemed to be touching more on something that simply felt...motherly. Her sense of finality or authority was only growing with each and every moment for it.

Drinking her milk. No more juice for the night. No ice cream after dinner. Staying in the bathroom after a bath until she was fully dried off. Using her pacifier... The many little things Joyce maybe once could have been bent out of simply because limits were still being explored. But finally, some of that novelty and newness was starting to wear off, meaning Joyce was starting to find a comfortable level of pressure and Emily was starting to lose her pull… For all perplexingly nice reasons, that is.

Every day was another tiny shackle or ringlet to the padded leash Emily was finding herself in, and it only continued to illuminate the many unknown parts of herself she was starting to become strangely infatuated with. While at any point it’d all come back to her immediately, resigning her freedoms and decisions to Joyce really was...exciting. The diapers were certainly not her favorite, but even those were starting to lose their strangeness. Unfortunately...even the wet ones.

“How’s the jacket? Soft?”Joyce was bent forward as she even took the liberty of zipping her jacket up as well.

“Think so.” Emily answered nonchalantly while she continued to be handled. As for “softness”, it was hard to tell when her onesie was already smothering her with its own cushy feeling.

“Good. Now on your bum; let’s get your sneakies on.”

“Sneakies?”

That look. Of course. The kind that could warble Emily’s mouth into an embarrassed grin that’d betray whatever sense of maturity she was trying to put on.

Joyce’s look. Her typical look whenever she seemed to “rewrite reality” in a way that suited her needs. With a slight raise of her eyebrow and a tilt in her head, she asked in such an intoxicatingly wonderfully condescending way, “Honey...sneakies? The things we put on our feetsies?”

Emily without a word, lest she start laughing, sat on the edge of the floor with a small crinkle, sitting her heels on the edge just so her knees were high enough to drape her arms over, making the perfect shroud for her flustered look.

“I can’t put them on if you sit like that, silly.” Joyce without skipping a beat grabbed Emily’s feet and slid them off their perch with near-frictionless effort. Curse those socks. So went Emily’s modesty shroud as she stifled whatever laughter she was feeling from just a second ago.

“Something wrong?” Joyce asked, knowing full well what all the commotion in her girl’s head was.

“N-...nothing...” Emily tried to calm herself while she feigned fascination with the plain wall.

“Nothing? Emmy, do you think you’re going to be able to handle me taking you out?”

Now she had Emily’s attention.

“Yes! Why wouldn’t I?” Emily knew it had to be Joyce getting a rise out of her, but she all the same couldn’t let it go unchallenged, otherwise she’d definitely double down…

“Well...” All it took was a slight drag in her voice to insinuate the plethora of offenses poor Emily had supposedly committed. “Did I not just get finished putting you in a diaper for running around the house all day naked?”

“It wasn’t all day--!” Emily tried to stop the assumptions before they could fester, but killing the fun was tantamount to sin for the woman in charge.

“--And all this back-talk about what you’re wearing, what you want for dinner, making demands about dessert...” She made a troubled, exasperated sigh. “Emmy, sweetheart, if you don’t think you can handle going out, I’m more than fine with making us something here.”

“No! I’m fine! I can han--” Emily put a stop to herself before she could finish her words. With a scowl she went back to looking by her side. So much for trying to sound like an adult… As if the canvas was fresh once more, Emily looked back at Joyce, the amused mommy, trying to come off as dignified. As dignified as one could be in rainbow socks, a onesie and diaper.

“I am more than fine with going out...” Emily tried choosing the best ‘adult’ form of expression as she could. Hopefully it made the mark.

“Mmm...well, alright then.” Joyce smiled softly, like poor Emily needed the encouragement to somehow find it in herself to be on her best behavior.

“Can we go now?” Emily asked as she held Joyce’s hands like ropes to pull her upright.

“Yes, yes,” Joyce ushered as she opened up the door. Though standing in the doorframe she did flash her open hand to Emily. “Hold Mommy’s hand?”

While a flustered look was given back, Emily without a fuss did take her hand. With all the layering between her legs, having a tiny bit of insurance did feel inspiring.

“Why do I always have to wear pastels?” Emily asked as she swung her sneakered foot while waiting for Joyce to lock the door.

“Because it’s what you look so adorable in~” Joyce said back with the slip of her key into her purse. “Would you rather just your diapers?” She smiled thoughtfully.

“Never...” Emily practically shuddered.

Apart from the soft blow of heating vents inside the car, things were mostly silent.

Crinkle

Mostly silent.

One thigh did their best to brush with the other, vice versa, yet their attempts for companionship were continually hindered by the padding that laid between.

Finally, Joyce set her phone down.

“Emily, you should really stop thinking about it and just try to go...”

“Go…? Go what? I’m fine...”

Now she was raising her eyebrow. Emily knew how lying to Joyce could be an exercise in futility, which is why Joyce thought it was absurd to be catching any even now.

“Sweetie, you’ve been doing the potty dance in your seat for the past five minutes now...”

Emily gasped the slightest bit. “I-Ihm...I’m not doing any dance! I’m just...sitting!”

Joyce rolled her eyes. “It’s going to be at least another ten minutes until the food is ready, then we still have to go get milkshakes...”

“I don’t mind...I’m fine...” Said Emily, not her bladder, who wavered even more at the mere mention of a prolonged wait.

“What’s wrong?” Joyce was starting to find the sympathy in herself once a little coaxing couldn’t seem to do the trick. “Is it because we’re away from the house, is that it?”

“No...I don’t need to...I can hold it...” Sort of an admission to guilt, but instead an admission to needing to pee.

“I don’t want you holding it in,” Joyce softly reprimanded her. “It’s what you’re diapered for? Whatever you need to get out of your system is something you don’t need to worry about once it’s done, remember?”

“It’s the car...”

“The car?”

“What if...what if it…leaks?”

Joyce stared at her for a minute, then undid her seatbelt as she leaned over across the console and Emily’s lap.

All it took was Joyce’s finger to brush its way against Emily’s inner thigh and inside her diaper for her to jump with a yelp.

“What are you doing?! I’m not wet!”

“That’s what I was thinking,” Joyce said without offense. “If your diaper is still dry as a bone, honey, why are you so worried about leaking?” Oddly enough, trust seemed to be involved not only between themselves, but Emily and her diapers.

“I...I dunno...just in case...”

“That’s my job to worry about.” Joyce readily said. “No need to worry about stuff like that, remember?”

“...Yeah, but...”

“But nothing. Emily, I want you to use your diaper. Right now.”

“Right now? But…!”

“I know that I can’t just tell you to forget about whatever might be worrying you, but I’m going to be stern if it’s what helps you. When we go back home you’ll be walking back up in just your onesie.”

“Wh-what? Why?!” Emily whined back. That sounded and felt like a genuine threat. She would have gone for the sweatpants immediately to protect them, yet Joyce had confiscated them long since they first got into the car.

“Because, if you’re going to assume that you might leak, we might as well keep your pants and socks from getting wet, right?”

“That’s not what I mean!”

“Whatever you mean, Emmy, I don’t want you to be thinking about it. I want you to focus on all the fun we’re gonna have tonight. The tasty dinner we’re about to get, the yummy milkshakes we’re going to have right after, and all the snuggles waiting for us at the very end. At no point do I want you worrying about what goes on in your diaper. Whatever happens is my responsibility, even if you do leak. Do I make myself clear?”

“...But...”

“Emily Sen. Do I or do I not?” She was certainly turning up the heat, and judging by Emily’s cheeks, she was certainly feeling it.

“Y-yes...Mommy…”

“Come on, sweetheart, sit in my lap.”

A small, meek gasp came from Emily. Her worries were entirely about something happening to the seat of the car, but now Joyce as well?

“Emily, baby...” She coaxed with her voice, invading Emily’s mind with a tone of voice that killed her resistance with overwhelming love and kindness.

Sniffling, Emily did crawl over, situating herself on Joyce’s thighs in the driver’s seat. Thank the lord for tinted windows.

“It’s only going to be a big deal if you treat it like one...” Joyce stroked her back with a calming rhythm.

“Can I do it in my seat…? I get it...I’ll do it, but...” Emily trembled as she tried to squeeze her legs. It was another one of those moments. A fish as far as could be from an ocean. A fish in the desert without an oasis, as much as she wanted Joyce to be that for her.

“After I just got my love-bug all cozy in my lap?” Joyce tried to stay lighthearted, steering away from what she’d consider teasing. “Do you want some help?”

And by answering her question with a change of topic, Emily figured that to be a hard ‘no’ dressed in sheep’s skin.

It was an uncomfortable few moments for Emily as she did her best not to squirm and mentally tensed her bladder with a half-waning resolve. And as her eyes started to water, through a series of soft grunts and reflexively pressing her hands off Joyce’s legs, a trickling warmth started to spread inside her underwear. Partially covered by her onesie, yes, but Joyce had already grown accustomed to the temperature right above her thighs, which is why she could feel the slight increase as Emily’s sniffles started to pick up.

“All done?”

“Uh-huh…”

“I’m so proud of you, you know? Being able to let yourself go like that?”

“I can’t though...it’s so hard...and it’s embarrassing…!” Again, at home was one thing. Elsewhere was different entirely.

“But you just did? And embarrassment is a very big feeling... You’re too small for big feelings like that, so you shouldn’t be feeling anything like that at all.”

“Mhm...” Emily nodded as she rubbed her eyes, not entirely sure if she could take those words as gospel just yet.

“Hey, remember when we first went to Amy’s? We were running errands that day?”

“Yeah…?”

“And you were diapered then, too?”

“...Yeah...” If any details might have offered some clarity to the distant memory, Emily would have preferred something a bit more generic. Then again, with their frequency as of late, diapers in their household really were starting to pick up a sense of generecy.

Joyce rested her cheek on Emily’s back, smiling fondly. “I remember you went upstairs to Amy’s apartment while we talked about all the clothes I wanted to get you. After, we came up and I found you in the bathroom, covered in tears and you looked so sad...”

On the other side of the fence, the victim herself wasn’t seeing it so fondly. “And look at me now...” Emily bitterly spoke. “I haven’t changed at all...”

“Really?” Joyce smiled even wider. “I wouldn’t say that at all. A time like that already feels like a lifetime ago, and how far you’ve come with me in this relationship shows that. You have changed, Emily. So, so much. Before, something like this could knock you on your feet and leave you winded for the rest of the day. There’s nothing wrong with that, but think about how things are now? A wet diaper might make you feel uncomfortable, sure,” she stroked Emily’s arm, “but isn’t that about it? Those tears are already drying up, aren’t they?”

Milestones were always weird with Joyce. Weird because they were so...weird. Normally a milestone would be a one-month anniversary or buying a house together, spending a holiday together. But their version was always unusual and unorthodox, especially when it was reverse toilet training. She should be cheering for re-training her muscles to relax and pee herself? Certainly in no world of Emily’s did that add up, which is why it could only make sense in a world like Joyce’s, of which she’d been living in for quite some time.

“Can...can you change me?” Emily put her thoughts to words before her filter could even find them.

Joyce was quiet for a second, leading the poor girl to think she’d done a taboo. It went against their motto Emily was trying to follow; kick back, relax, and go with the flow. Calling the shots wasn’t exactly “going” with anything except for your own decisions.

“...No.” Joyce finally spoke, squeezing Emily with another hug. “I love you so much, sweetheart, but Mommy knows that diaper can go for longer...” This was even a step for herself. It was somewhat agreed to let things lie, and Emily herself agreed to staying in her used diapers for more than just a single use, but in fairness, doing it in a new place was likely adding to her nerves.

“...Okay...” Emily knew better than to expect anything else by this point, but being told ‘no’ by Joyce was oddly something new to her.

“Would I change you if we were back home right now?”

“...No.” An obvious answer, with an obvious connection.

“So what makes here any different?” Joyce asked. The moral she was trying to teach was obvious, on the level a child would understand, but that didn’t involve any of the harsh rhetoric an adult might get for missing something like this. She was calm, patient and caring.

“It’s not...” Emily skipped two steps ahead to the inevitable answer. Whether she could say that it was different or not, whatever was in her heart didn’t really matter if the one responsible for diaper changes felt otherwise. There would eventually be some kind of vantagepoint to look back on this objectively and agree with Joyce, but that didn’t do a damn thing for how boxed in Emily was feeling right then. No real anger towards Joyce, just the unfairness of the situation.

She helped Emily off her lap and back into her seat, but not without charging her a kiss. “Just remember that it’s one of the many ways you always show how much you love me?” Joyce held her head there until Emily was ridden with a case of the smiles.

“I’m gonna go see if the food is ready,” Joyce opened the car door, baring against the chipper winds of the city night. “Keep the car warm for me!”

“Ka--...y...” Emily waved her off, but was hit with a double meaning. Did she mean to keep the heat running? Or…

She dashed the thought, and instead resigned herself to a grumpy face while she tried to ignore the warm pad between her legs.

With about half of her milkshake to go, Joyce set it back down on the coaster.

“Hey...” Joyce turned her head and voiced a gentle warning. “Both hands, remember?”

“I know...” Emily with half her attention to Joyce responded. “You should be using both hands too, you know...”

Obviously it didn’t click. “Why’s that?” Joyce smiled.

“Cuz it’s...so you don’t spill any.” Wasn’t that obvious? After all, she expected the same of Emily. It was good etiquette all around, really.

“Well, since I’m the last of us to not spill anything on the furniture, I’m still allowed to use just a single hand.” Power dynamics could not be any more fun. The “privileges” afforded to the few and the rules given to the charges. All the subtle and little things always made it that much more intimate.

“It was just water...” Emily moaned back between sucks from her straw.

“Was it now?” Joyce didn’t disagree, but she tried not to laugh regardless. How funny it was that time could change her tune so easily on a past memory. The night she spilled water on the couch she was sobbing and beating herself all over. A bit silly to think how light she was making it now, but that was only a good thing.

“Yes.” Emily added with childish emphasis. “And I was using both hands that time, too! So it shouldn’t matter if I use both or not!”

“...Well, actually, I guess that’s a good point.” Joyce admitted. She did remember both hands on the glass…

“See? So I should be able to use one hand, too.” And just to demonstrate…

“No,” Joyce shot the fantasy down immediately. Emily’s plastic cup went back down before the rocketship could make it to mars. “That rule doesn’t change. But you still made a very good point!”

How good of a point could it be if nothing changed? Emily could only wonder, but she figured a wrong choice of words might get Joyce thinking more than she should. She was scary when she was thinking…

“Really, by your logic, it’d probably be safer to swap you to sippy cups and bottles full time then, huh?”

“Wh-what? No! I didn’t say that!”

“But you said it yourself, didn’t you? Using both hands on a big girl cup wasn’t enough to stop you from spilling it?”

“I didn’t say it wasn’t enough, I just said that it wasn’t related!” Emily stressed to point out the difference, too preoccupied to realize that it didn’t really change the point Joyce was making for sheer entertainment.

“So if it wasn’t related, then nothing really caused you to spill it?”

“That’s...hnnn…” She was starting to make her annoyed kind of thinking noise. “No...yes! Nothing caused it!”

Joyce nodded understandingly. “Then...we should definitely keep you on sippy cups then.”

“What?! No! Why?” And back to a whining voice as circular logic dictated.

“Emily, if nothing caused it and using both hands won’t solve it either, we really can’t stop you from spilling your drinks unless we give you a little more help?” Gosh, it was so hard not to smirk during these kinds of gaslighting sessions.

“I already have to use sippy cups!”

“Maybe, but...”

“...?” Emily turned her head, wondering ‘what gives’. Did she forget her lines or something? The audience was watching…

Joyce frowned. “Nevermind. You actually do use your bottles and sippy cups, mostly...”

A chance! “Y-yeah!” Emily ever so tactfully spoke up. “Which is why that doesn’t help either. So let’s stop talking about it!”

“But that doesn’t include when you’re pretending to be a big girl,” the mama in charge curtly reminded. Probably the biggest flaw whenever Emily tried this sort of thing was the crucial fact that punishments weren’t meant to be collaborative between the punisher and punished…

“Come over here,” Joyce beckoned with a hand, and Emily was more than excited to oblige.

One to know how to read the mood, Emily’s eyes were already closing as she came in for a kiss. Lips locked and love was exchanged, but what put a real damper on things was when she sat on Joyce’s hand. Her diaper sat on Joyce’s hand, specifically.

Both their eyes opened, only one seemed much more giddy than the other.

“Thought so,” Joyce’s teeth were peeking between her lips. “Wanna do it here or in your nursery?”

“To get...get intimate, you mean?” Emily nervously tried to play it off. So much for a bait and switch… It already felt like she’d wasted a few drops of adrenaline just to psych herself up.

“If that’s what a diaper change is to you, then sure?” Her smile grew more like the dreaded disappointment on Emily’s face.

“How...how did you know…?” Emily pouted with a turned cheek.

“Emily, it’s my job to get a read of the room whenever I’m meeting with other executives,” it really was cute, she laughed, but did kiss her again. “I think I know how to spot a potty face when I see one.”

“I don’t have one!” She vehemently denied, but apparently the writing was on the wall as much as the supposed distant expression was on her face whenever it...happened.

“Of course you don’t, my little nightie ninja.” She almost pat herself on the back for that one. “Now which is it? Living room or the nursery?”

“...Is it a trick question?” Joyce always seemed to fabricate tricks and traps in the strangest of places.

“No, but I could think of a way for it to be?” In other words, decide before Joyce did and then some.

“Living room.” Emily finally caved, needing so few threats from Joyce to get the memo. At least with the tv on she had some distraction.

“Alrighty. Let me go get your changing stuff.”

“Stuff that you bought?” Emily with well-placed insecurities reminded her.

Just as smoothly though, “Bought you for your birthday?”

Well damn. The next step was to deny that she had birthdays, but then that could somehow be used to justify her as a baby completely, and whatnot… Emily could never say for sure if she really understood the “Joyce Summers” thought process, but at least she figured it was close to that.

Joyce came back in with an armful of things to perform the ritual. After laying out the mat, Emily astutely noticed the short T-shirt laying by her side. If Emily was already in a onesie, then that could only mean…

“I’m not going to bed yet!” Emily complained, something she was learning to get better at.

“It’s just for if you were starting to feel stuffy?” Joyce tried to play it down. “Do you prefer your onesie? I’ll have to tell Amy that!”

“Noo! I know how this works. You’re just putting pajamas on me!”

“...And if I was?” She had the audacity to ask, dressed in all her day-clothes and looking so...mature.

“If I’m wearing pajamas, you have to, too!” It was the law of the land. By Emily’s decree.

“After your diaper change,” she patted the mat. “I know you weren’t just a good girl to get those treats out of me?”

No, she wasn’t… Emily came over to lay down, always unnerved by the squish from her underpants.

“Did you have a fun night?” Joyce chatted with her charge while the diaper change ensued.

“It’s not over yet...” Emily groaned, always peeved to hear talk about a time being over before it really was. Her eyes may have been bigger than her stomach, envisioned the most but awake the shortest to see the least, but she still liked to be prospective. “But yes.”

“Good.” Joyce’s favorite button of Emily’s was the one right on her nose. “And no, I did not say it was over yet. We can watch a movie, if you’d like?”

She nodded. “Okay. How about a scary movie?”

Had there been any sort of jazz music playing, what taboo was just spoken from Emily’s mouth surely would have stopped the tunes. So in place of that Joyce just stopped short of fully peeling off a diaper tape.

“Why do you ask for things that you know I’m going to say ‘no’ to?” Joyce sighed. While she figured herself a stern mommy and a firm girlfriend, by all accounts she figured herself generous. There was more she probably said ‘yes’ to than otherwise, so why was it Emily’s mission to find all the things she didn’t approve of?

“Come on…!” Emily, the ignorant and forgetful of memory’s past (not really, but vulnerable to being blinded by a good mood), begged from the floor in the midst of a diaper change. “You let me have stuff tonight. I wanna let you!”

“You already have?” The smell of lavender started clouding from her girlfriend’s nether regions. “Emmy, you’ve already had one accident because of the last scary movie...”

“Forgetful” as she was, Emily found it hard not to blush from that.

“I...know, but...this time I’m wearing a...you know.”

Pulling the front of the you-know-what up to Emily’s abdomen sort of made for an answer.

“And is that going to solve the nightmares, too?” Joyce didn’t sound any more convinced.

“And you’re my dreamcatcher?” Emily added with a glimmer in her eye.

Joyce almost flinched and turned away, overwhelmed by such shiny cuteness. Everyone in the right moments had their way with words, and apparently that was Emily’s.

“...I’m fine with any other kind of movie, you know?”

Hook and sinker. Another “maybe” to a yes or no kind of question that surely meant yes. There wasn’t a refusal, and no refusal clearly meant that there was consent (As far as bad morals went).

“Hope you pick something you’re really gonna like!” Emily giggled. Gosh, who would have thought she could use diapers to her advantage? And truthfully, at least this way there wouldn’t have to be any late night bathroom mishaps…

Joyce still gave her the kind of look to say that it still wasn’t all so cut and dry, and dry is what Emily would not be by the end of the night. Not that it really mattered.

After tugging off her onesie and putting the short shirt on, Emily was just a half-naked woman in a shirt and diaper with a fair amount of skin spaced between.

“Okay, you’re all changed. Let me clean up and get changed too.”

Emily parked her butt on the couch, lazily browsing her phone.

When Joyce came back, she looked much more dressed to code, wearing flannel pajamas and a small bundle of something in her arms.

“What’s that?” Emily looked from her phone.

“Insurance.” Joyce threw something at her face.

A soft collision, thankfully, but actually a kamikaze attack by her questionable companion, Pip.

“Pip?”

“Figured he might help you get through the movie.”

“I don’t actually need a stuff--” Emily tried to explain, sick with a bad case of the open mouth, which Joyce the owner of a medical company prescribed with a pacifier.

“It’s the banana one that you like?” Joyce tried her best to entice, and was unfortunately successful.

Pulling the silicon out of her mouth she asked, “So that means if I do this, we can watch scary movies now?”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, buttercup,” Joyce firmly kept her expectations in check. “We are going to try this and see what happens. If I decide we’re stopping the movie, no complaints, understand?”

Playing for brownie points, rather than a zipped lip, Emily opted for a pacifier between the lips.

“Good answer,” Joyce pleasingly smirked. “Let me clean up these milkshakes and I’ll fill up your sippy cup.”

And out came the pacifier. “I don’t need a sippy cup...I’m not thirsty.”

“You will be,” Joyce knew Emily’s needs better than she did. “One less reason you’ll need to get up and go to the kitchen.”

Life was all about compromises...so Emily didn’t push the issue any further.

“So tomorrow’s Saturday, by the way?” Joyce broached a new topic with a sippy cup in hand.

“And the day after is Sunday,” Emily cheekily added.

“So it is.” Getting cozy on the couch was always the best. “I’ve been chatting with Amy a bit?”

“Uh-huh?”

“She’s been asking me all the time about those clothes that she made for you?”

“...Uh-huh...”

“Still not feeling up to it?”

Now she was burying her head into her knees. “It’s embarrassing...”

“And didn’t I say embarrassment is too big for you?” A good back rub always made Emily seem less tense. “You always get to have the final say, but I just want to remind you: She knows what the clothes look like, she knows that she had to make them with diapers in mind...and she knows they’re meant for you, Emily. The only thing she hasn’t seen is you in them?” In other words, Amy had all the pieces, she knew what the finished product was going to be. All that was left was to put the pieces in herself.

“...What if she laughs?”

“She won’t laugh, Emily. Not only would she know not to, but I doubt she’d make all these pretty outfits for you if she was just going to tease you for them?”

“What if I said yes?”

“Then tomorrow we would go see her. It’d give me a chance to actually have some more stuff made for you?”

“More?” Emily spoke up. She didn’t know whether she was intrigued or a little afraid. She wasn’t sure why, but it was still a lot to take in regardless. “And wait, does she already think we’re going tomorrow?”

“She knows that I said I would talk to you about it.” Joyce was explicitly clear. No joking this time. “No one has any expectations, Emily. You’re not hurting anyone’s feelings one way or the other.”

“It’s just...I don’t wanna be the center of attention when I’m all...dressed like this.”

“I can’t say that you’ll be; I wanted to talk to Amy for a bit too, you know? You can always go upstairs to her apartment if you wanna decompress? I’m sure Ashes will want to keep you company?” She smiled, knowing that definitely put a cozy feeling in her mind.

“Yeah...” Emily nodded. “How long would we stay?”

“The afternoon?” Joyce shrugged. “We didn’t talk about times. We go when we go, we leave when we leave. For as long as you’re comfortable.”

Thinking noises starting leaking from Emily’s mouth, bogged down by troubling thoughts, she leaned against Joyce, hesitantly popping the pacifier in her mouth.

“I...I guess we can...” She mumbled through the trinket in her mouth.

“Okay.” Joyce said quite simply. “And if you change your mind, just let me know.”

Sensing that a sensitive subject had already been poked enough, Joyce squeezed her shoulder while she dimmed the lights with the handy-dandy tablet that controlled it all. “And so, with all that out of the way, I guess we’ll move onto the much more ‘interesting’ part of the night...” Joyce sighed, becoming a mother wise to the proper ways of spoiling a little one. Apparently she had more learning to do though as she browsed for something on the tv that piqued her interest at Emily’s expense.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Mee changed the title to Sheltered [06/03/2022] CH37 - Wait and See

I am not sure how many different ways there are to say that this story is awesome. I suspect I've never actually used that word, though, so I'll just leave it at that. And it is so wonderful to get an update so quickly after the last one too!

On 6/3/2022 at 11:45 PM, WBDaddy said:

Gad, another update?!  Not only is it brilliant, but it's threatening to make me look bad for the lack of updates on my own stuff!  :D 

Hm-hmm! It's actually a pretty effective trick, if I may toot my horn. Put simply: disappear for almost a year and write in the meantime. Then, come back and post what you've written regularly to create the illusion of timeliness! Simple! Don't worry, I'm gonna be a dry well of ideas soon enough.

On 6/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, kerry said:

I am not sure how many different ways there are to say that this story is awesome. I suspect I've never actually used that word, though, so I'll just leave it at that. And it is so wonderful to get an update so quickly after the last one too!

Thank you for using your "awesome" on my story! And I know; it's almost a little embarrassing to be complimented on managing a weekly release. For my next great feat I will tie my shoes. In all seriousness though, thank you for commenting and enjoying!

22 hours ago, YourFNF said:

???

I'm going to assume this is a positive emotion/emoji, so thank you!

22 hours ago, TestAccountPleaseIgnore said:

Thanks for the update.

I really enjoyed the slice of life aspect of this chapter.

Thanks for reading and commenting! As the story works into developing their lifestyle a bit more, I want to try and up the frequency a little with those cushy moments just to signal their new norm.

17 hours ago, D503 said:

Lovely. What a treat!

Thank you!

• Like 1
On 6/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, Mee said:

I'm going to assume this is a positive emotion/emoji, so thank you!

Oh yeah that's the universal "bottom begging" emoji ??

• Haha 1
On 6/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, YourFNF said:

Oh yeah that's the universal "bottom begging" emoji ??

Ohhhh! I feel silly now.

38 - Fashionista

“I’m not going.” Emily stood firm with her hands at her sides. Resolute.

“Won’t go, or don’t want to go?” Joyce, sounding somewhat distraught, asked for the umpteenth time. In the span of just a couple hours they were having constant tug-of-wars like this.

Emily furrowed her brow while she concentrated on the floor between Joyce’s feet, wiggling her lips as she herself failed to find the right words.

Then with a small sigh, disappointed in herself, Emily groaned, “Don’t want to...”

“Emily,” Joyce gave herself some dramatic pause to find the right words, “remember how I said that Amy’s been looking forward to this? About how much she wants to see you?”

“Yes...” The stress in her voice could not have been more evident. Not caused by Joyce, but by the war within herself.

“It’s always scary the first time, I know that. But you gotta remember Emily, it’s...not really much of a secret to Amy, anymore?” It barely was from the start. The moment they needed a medium to help them indulge was the same time they were forced to give Amy an indirect glimpse.

“That’s...but that’s still different from her actually seeing it!” Why did she even entertain the idea last night? Why didn’t she just say no? Was it too late to back out? Joyce said it wasn’t, but it felt that way. Social pressures were making her feel that way. She could refuse, but it’d be heavily frowned upon…

“That’s fair,” Joyce nodded, “you’re right, it is different. But so has every new and scary thing we’ve done before? She will not have anything mean to say, Emily. Remember? Amy wanted to do this! And it’s all private. Amy doesn’t talk about us to anyone, and the same goes for all her other clients. Trust me.”

Trust was something that needed to go a terribly far way to make any of this work. Trust had been what brought them to this point, so in theory it made sense to continue to bet on it?

“What...what if somebody walks in and sees?”

“The store is closed today. It’s just gonna be you, me, and Amy.”

“What...what if someone looks through a window?”

“We’ll be in the dressing room or upstairs. The back room doesn’t have any windows, and the upstairs is off the ground floor.”

Damn, there was always an answer, wasn’t there?

Emily continued to fidget, having every point become null and void by crushing facts, but she felt hardly any more enlightened or less worried.

“...Can...can she come here instead?” The words flew out of her mouth, but to Emily they didn’t feel like her own. An off the cuff sort of spew with no meaningful intent. It didn’t change anything. It didn’t eliminate the risk of being outed by someone else. Maybe all it changed was Emily getting to stay in her comfort space.

Joyce was quiet for a second, honestly blindsighted by a sort of fair question. Amy had obviously never come to their home, but that was because they were mostly on a seamstress and commissioner type of relationship, though that seemed to have evolved a little. “Is that what you want? To see if Amy will come here?” Joyce calmly asked. Her patience was still plentiful and she wasn’t testing the girl, just seeking to confirm.

Nervously, Emily nodded her head. “Is...is that okay?”

“...Let me call Amy,” Joyce frowned, at herself and not Emily, “I...didn’t really think of that.”

A few minutes later and Joyce was alone in their room with the phone to her ear.

Just after some short buzzes and another voice was on the line. “Heyyy~!” Amy excitedly greeted, “Thought I’d be hearing from you soon! So? What’s up? Am I still expecting you two?”

“Maybe,” Joyce sighed, “sort of… Emily is having nerves, so she’s still on the fence, but that’s better than how she felt about it the very first time. I don’t think I’m going to convince her to get out of the house today. So...if you’re fine with it, you can come here?”

“Oh?” Amy’s reaction wasn’t expected, as far as Joyce was concerned. They’d known each other for some time, pre-dating Emily quite easily, but the idea of being friends was something still quite new to Joyce, and likely Amy herself. “I don’t mind, as long as you’re okay with it? Sorry,” she chuckled, “I guess I didn’t expect that, but I also guess Emily might be feeling a little nervous.”

“I could see her heart beating out of her chest...” Joyce lamented. “You really don’t mind? It’s sort of a business related thing, so I feel kind of awkward asking.”

“You’re using my personal number, aren’t you?” Amy butted in. “Joyce, I don’t go hunting down my clients just to see how they look in my clothes. Of course this is different...ish. Think of it as me gathering some more visual material in case you plan on having any more stuff made. So okay, how far away are you? Can you send me the address?”

And with a brief exchange of details, Joyce bid her a temporary goodbye, now awaiting her friend to arrive.

“Okay,” Joyce found Emily laying on the couch pensively, “she’ll be here in a few.”

“She’s really coming?” Emily sat up, partly hoping it would be too strange of a request and they could have just kicked this can down the road a little bit further.

“Yes, and because she’s coming now, there aren’t any more backsies on this,” Joyce firmly added, now realizing the beautiful upside. Emily wasn’t in any danger, which is why Joyce had no qualms about the girl painting herself into a corner.

“...Okay.”

“Hey,” Joyce’s voice edged on a warning the moment she saw it in Emily’s eyes. “No attitude. We compromised and got Amy to agree to come here. That’s what you wanted, isn’t it?” If Joyce was a betting kind of person, she’d have guessed Emily was trying to force a ridiculous standard, but wasn’t expecting to have her bluff called.

Emily was quiet with her cheek against her shoulder, looking at the couch while she tried to come to terms with the new, suddenly worse development.

“...Are you upset with me?” Joyce asked, standing beside the couch.

“No...” Emily continued to look away, but her honesty was genuine. “I’m nervous. I’m scared.”

And all the talking in the world felt like it wasn’t going to convince her, hence Joyce’s own apprehension.

“Do you want a bath before she comes? Just some time to relax?”

“I wanna shower...” Emily decided right then. Maybe it was her subconscious trying to do something adult-like before she had to go back into childish clothes, like it’d have some kind of residual effect that could lessen the sensory impact of onesies and footie pajamas.

“Okay,” Joyce nodded, no offense taken. “I’ll check on you in a little bit when we should probably get you changed and dressed in the nursery.”

Emily wasn’t feeling for words, mumbling something akin to a nod before heading off to the bathroom.

With nothing left to do but wait, Joyce wandered into her office, opting to kill time in her own way.

“P-please…!” Emily begged, practically on the verge of tears. “Don’t make me! I...I’m gonna be sick. Please, make her come back another day! I promise! Next weekend!”

“And I promise,” Joyce leaned over Emily, strapped onto the changing table, kissing her on the lips, “you’re going to be fine.” Her voice was rock-steady and completely unphased by the girl entering hysterics.

Emily continued to breathe quickly and sniffle quite often as the denim hem of her dress was pulled up and so was the flap of her onesie to make room for her padded underwear. Thank goodness for the strap, otherwise Emily would have been running. If she had any control she would be doing her damndest to put a stop to this.

The diaper was soft, the powder smelled nice, but any kind of comforts those feelings may have given in the past were nonexistent now. Vastly overshadowed by an impending doom, Emily wanted more than nothing just to hide.

“Do you want your pacifier?” Joyce asked an honest question, not to tease.

“Nnn...no...” She couldn’t keep her eyes straight, constantly shifting where she looked. A pacifier was too dangerous, obviously. She wouldn’t be caught dead with one in front of Amy. Not in front of anyone but Joyce, and that’s only if she made her use one!

“Then here’s Pip,” Joyce set the stuffed animal on her stomach, making her look all sorts of conflicted.

“No...I don’t want this either…! I don’t want Amy to see! Please, Joyce! Please!”

“Emily...” Joyce was finding it hard to hide her own troubled look. She knew this was going to work out. She just did, but of course Emily couldn’t see that. She was far too blinded by her own anxieties and worries. After all, she was the one putting herself most on the line here? “It’s like a bandage, okay? Once we rip it off, you’re gonna feel silly for worrying like this in the first place, okay? Deep breaths, sweetheart.”

And so Emily tried the breathing exercises, maybe just barely passing. And despite her protests, she was currently squeezing the dear inanimate life out of Pip.

And then it came. A distant ring, like the sound of a horn before the impending stampede; the call to battle. Emily stretched her head and looked behind at the door, as did Joyce. Her phone was ringing. Who could it be? Only one specific person in mind was Emily’s terrified guess.

A click of the buckle’s release let Emily off the table while Joyce excused herself to answer the phone.

“Hello? Amy?”

“Mhm. This is she! I’m in the lobby, I think. Did you tell the people here that I was coming? Can I just take the elevator up?”

“Yep and yes. Go on ahead. Just ring the doorbell once you’re here. See you soon.”

After hanging up, Joyce peered around the apartment, winding back up in the nursery.

“Emily...” Joyce stared down at the large stuffed bear in the corner, looking a bit farther out from the walls than it usually did.

“Please...I don’t feel good!” Emily begged from behind the giant bear. “I wanna throw up!”

“Then let’s take you to the toilet, okay?” Joyce beckoned with a hand. She couldn’t see any other way of handling this than by just brushing off her childish delays.

“I’m...I’m staying here...” Emily frowned in her fetal position.

“Here?” Joyce questioned. “So you’re fine with Amy seeing the nursery?”

“No!” Emily shouted back, caught in her own words being twisted right back at her. “You...you know what I mean!” she rubbed her eye while the other hand grabbed as hard as it could onto the stuffed bear.

“I do know what you mean,” Joyce kneeled in front of Emily and the bear between them, “and I’m trying to show you that you’re blowing this out of proportion.”

“But she’s gonna see me like this…! She’s gonna see how you treat me like a baby!”

“I don’t have to treat you like that? Not while she’s here?” Joyce tried to reason. “You’re just Emily, my sweet and beautiful girlfriend. What you’ve always been, and what you’re still going to be today. Can we please come out of the nursery now? I’m not trying to embarrass you. I want to keep the same secrets that you do, but all I’m trying to say is that Amy already knows about some of this...”

Emily in tears followed her by the hand out of the nursery, dearly clutching Pip as well.

“It’s making noise...” Emily sniffled, referring to her diaper.

“It’s always made noise.” Joyce soothed her as she locked the nursery door.

And while Emily self-consciously looked at her butt over her shoulder, she jumped with a startle when the doorbell rang.

“Okay, Em, it’s gonna be fine, alright--” Joyce was assuring her, but fell flat when Emily was nowhere to be seen. With a sigh she walked to the door all on her own. “We’ll find you in a minute!” she called out to the rest of the apartment where a wild Emily lurked somewhere.

Amy was all smiles when Joyce opened the door. Wearing modestly expensive, yet somehow casual street clothes, she had a large canvas bag slung over her shoulder, looking absentminded for only just a second before she paid Joyce any attention.

“Hey there!” Amy grinned, greeting the host first despite being the guest.

“Hey Amy,” Joyce smiled back, “glad you could come! Sorry about the last minute shift...”

She shrugged it off with a wave. “I was expecting worse; this is completely fine with me. I’m too excited to care!” A giddy look ran over her face. “Where’s Emily? Is she getting dressed?”

Now Joyce’s look faltered a bit, glancing over her shoulder. “W-well… She’s a bit nervous right now. I may have lost her...”

“Lost her?” Amy raised her brows. “Should...should I leave?”

“No,” Joyce came right back with a knee-jerk response. “You’ve waited long enough, and truthfully, Emily needs to learn how to get out of her own way… And please,” she lowered her voice, “please no teasing? I know you’d never make fun of her, but she’s...sensitive right now.” Understandably, though.

“Cross my heart,” Amy dutifully nodded, looking no less deterred and still just as excited. “So is she hiding?”

“Definitely,” Joyce stared at the hallway like there was an imaginary trail of breadcrumbs. “I think we should give her another minute though… Do you want some coffee?”

“Sounds great,” Amy smiled, taking her first step inside. “I can’t believe this is the kind of building you live in, by the way… Well, no, I can believe it, but I’m just...wow. Jealous, I guess.”

“Thank you, I think,” Joyce laughed a little, pointing to where Amy’s shoes could go. “It’s convenient,” if not outright lavish and luxurious, “and keeps me close to my work.”

“Oh yeah? Are you the type with multiple homes?” Amy followed Joyce into the kitchen, but of course her head tried to see into the living room the entire short trip the other way.

“Can’t say that I am. No reason for it yet,” Joyce casually shrugged. “Besides, I bet you make a killing yourself. I’d imagine you have a vacation home or something?”

“Hardly,” Amy scoffed, doused in a splash of cold water, reminding her of the difference between her own standing and Joyce’s. “Yeah, I can manage a vacation wherever I want out of the year, but I can’t hold on to properties like poker chips!” she laughed. “Who knows, maybe Emily could find me--Ooh, wait, shit--my bad.” she quickly backpedaled her voice with a look of guilt.

“It’s fine,” Joyce calmly waved it off. “We’re doing fine. It’s a little bit of an adjustment for her, but Emily’s doing well.” For the most part, given that she was hiding at the moment out of fear of embarrassment.

While Joyce brewed some brew, Amy casually walked throughout the spacious kitchen, finally coming over to the fridge. “Awh, who’s the artist?”

Joyce turned her head and saw the drawing on the fridge. Carefully torn from a coloring book was a black print outlined drawing of chirping birds in a nest atop a tree overlooking a river and mountain. A simplified cartoon drawing. The birds were a mismatch of colors, the rivers were anything but blue, and the leaves had transcended somehow beyond the red, orange, and yellow of a leaf’s typical “outrage” season.

“Oh, that? That’s something my friend’s niece did for me a while back,” Joyce shrugged, spinning the lie without skipping a beat, somehow still fresh in her mind from the day Emily colored it.

“Oh that’s cute,” Amy remarked, leaning in a bit closer. She turned her head over at Joyce and said, “There’s an ‘E’ on it, too?” She grinned and the inner parts of Joyce’s lips started to fold.

“Mhm. Funny coincidence. I like to tease Emily about it being a drawing she made for me,” she rolled with the punches and tried to take the meta route.

“Yeah?” Amy laughed and stood back up away from the fridge, happily accepting a warm mug. After a sip with both hands she asked, “So can I use that against her, too?”

“Uh-mmm...” Joyce lightly coughed from the stutter she’d been given mid-sip. “It’s sort of an inside joke...” In very, very recent retrospect, Amy was probably the last person to try and fool. There was far too much chemistry between them added with a handful of writing on the wall that told enough of a story to the point where coincidences couldn’t just be coincidences. Amy knew, and Joyce knew she knew.

“Don’t say anything about it...” Joyce mouthed a whisper.

And with a pair of fingers to her lips, Amy zipped them shut.

Nothing more needed to be said and the topic came to a close. Joyce looked down at the coffee maker with a distant expression before snapping back to the present.

“Alright,” she sighed, having prepared enough and stalled for far too long, “I’m gonna go wrangle her out now. She’s had plenty of time.”

“Look at you!” Amy smirked, “No nonsense kind of partner, huh?”

“Just a very loving one,” Joyce spoke true to her heart. “You can come wait in the living room while I go get her.”

Amy followed Joyce as far as the couch, another room with an amazing view to leave the woman starstruck and distracted enough for Joyce to quietly excuse herself down the hall. It was sort of a guessing game as to where Emily might be, but it didn’t feel like much of a game when the first place she looked was the correct guess.

Like a two-year old caught under the slide, Joyce could see the spot of black hair peeking from the other side of the bed.

“Ready to come out?” Joyce sat by the corner of the bed, looking at Emily sat on the floor, clutching Pip.

“No...” She sorely responded. The thought of exposing herself like this was heart-wrenching. It made her so uncomfortable, so raw and exposed. All those feelings weren’t anything new; it was the same sensations she felt when she was like this with Joyce, except they were good feelings. Now it was all like poison.

“No?” Joyce rhythmically stroked the top of Emily’s head. “If you really didn’t want to do this, why didn’t you just take the clothes off...or use our phrase?”

And then came the helpless gesture; a shrug of the shoulders.

“I think it’s because you’re my good girl. My special, pretty, adorable little girl.” With a little bit of cooperation, she lifted Emily back onto the side of the bed. “Amy worked so hard to make you even more adorable and help us both bond even more than we already have. She’s honestly helped me and you in a few different ways… You’re my absolute treasure, Emily, and I’m very picky about sharing,” she gave her a playfully stern look. “But I want to share this with Amy because I want her to know how appreciative we are. I want her to see how amazing you look.”

“I’m...I’m scared...” Emily quietly spoke. The anxiety was killing her, imagining just how Amy might react. She wasn’t going to see what Joyce saw. She’d see a grown adult in children’s clothes, half-assing some kind of fantasy that hardly translated to an outsider.

“And that’s completely natural,” Joyce touched her forehead with her own. “But the only way you can stop being afraid is by ripping off the bandage, sweetheart. Can I hold your hand?”

Despite being the one who was asked for consent, Emily answered by initiating herself.

“Let’s walk out together, okay? You’re going to feel one-million times better the second you do. I promise.”

“What if I don’t…?”

“Then we send Amy home,” Joyce said as simply as that. “Then, I will spend the rest of today and even tomorrow pampering you and spoiling you until all those bad feelings go away. But I’m not going to do that because it’s not going to happen,” she made doubly sure to get a look at Emily’s eyes.  “Now what do you say?”

Everything was always a downward spiral, funneling into a single point of convergence and an absolute inevitability. Amy was going to know. She knew enough already. That is what ran through Emily’s terrified mind. There wasn’t much left to see, yet that small bit felt even more sacred and top secret than the rest. Words were words and rumors were fickle, but seeing was believing  and oh-so tangible, just like the denim skirt her knuckle was anxiously kneading itself into.

It was almost like learning how to walk again the moment she stood. Shaky legs like a newborn fawn, her caregiver was right beside her to fill the role of a physical and emotional crutch.

Nervousness was a part of life. Fear, apprehension, worry and panic were simply par for the course. Everyone goes through stress and faces difficult decisions and moments in their life, and Emily was going through nothing different, except she’d truly reached a new peak of terror. Her first day of school, being scolded by her teacher, speaking in front of a crowd, her first job interview… Maybe it was the heat of the moment, or maybe it was simply the fact that this moment was the most emotionally tiring and stressful thing she’d ever had to deal with. Her emotions were gaslit like wind chill making the temperature feel absolutely so much colder.

By the time they were out in the hall she was a quivering mess with Joyce’s hand practically behind her back by the way Emily crawled behind.

She was going to die. It was social suicide. The moment she showed herself, it’d all be over. Joyce was insane. She was crazy. There wasn’t anything rational about this! They can’t show Amy, no matter how much she’s seen already! It didn’t matter! It wasn’t right! No, no. Emily knew. She couldn’t do this. Absolutely not. There was still a chance. A chance to turn around and run back to the room, beg while kicking, screaming and crying for Joyce to send Amy home.

Her eyes were focusing lasers on Joyce’s back, the fear was so paralyzing her peripheral vision was shutting down.

“J-...Joy...Jo--”

A mind-numbing jolt of static ran through her body the moment Amy’s gasp reached her ears. The shock fried her nerves and her muscles twitched. Her legs didn’t work and she was locked in place. What she could manage was grabbing the back of Joyce’s sweater with both hands. She didn’t care how it looked because her mind was far too haywire to even care about that anymore. She just wanted to hide. Joyce’s hips were wide, but not wide enough to hide the spread of her denim skirt, courtesy of the woman she was so desperately trying to conceal it from. The window to leave was gone. Over. It was finished.

And then there was betrayal. Her rock. Her lifeline, the one she’d surrendered everything to. She took one step, and then another. Emily couldn’t move her feet, so the moment Joyce shifted Emily stumbled with an incoherent whimper. Everything was so hot, her face was a million degrees. The TV dramas in her mind surrounded her, laughing like a chorus of hyenas, ridiculing her for barely heeding the vast “warnings” they showed with every single stereotype of trusting the dear friend, believing in your closest loved ones just to find a knife in your back.

All she needed was some kind of garnish and she would have made the perfect meal for the encroaching predator. Amy was up from the couch with a wide-eyed expression as Emily’s panic only intensified. Her hands trembled and the worry was all over her face, yet either Amy didn’t notice or in Emily’s biased mind, she was enjoying it all the more just to see the poor victim squirm.

“Ho…--” Amy started to speak, yet she’d continually pause to chuckle, raining down on Emily like damaging blows, making her flinch with each reaction. “H-holy shit…!”

Emily tried screaming for Joyce, fearing for her very life. Amy was a bully. A cruel, ruthless person who was about to make a mockery of her. But the air left her lungs as her nervous breathing robbed her of the ability to cry for help and her head was frozen like her feet.

Amy tensed her shoulders and covered her mouth, frantically looking straight at Emily with wide eyes, then briefly glancing back at Joyce as if she were watching a sport.

Emily wanted nothing more than for it all to stop. She truly did want to disappear. Joyce was wrong, this wasn’t going at all how she said it would. Hiccuping, tears rolled down her cheeks once her mind stopped choking up long enough for her to process more negative emotions.

The moment she did start to cry though, the absolute glee on Amy’s face stopped on a dime as utter horror overcame her.

And finally, after a few moments stretched out into a millennia by sheer anxiety and embarrassment, time started pacing like it should.

“Oh! Oh my gosh! No! No! Emily!” Amy shouted with a desperate voice and stumbled Emily forward into her arms. Joyce continued to watch a few steps back, expecting something like this, but being no less surprised. Over Emily’s shoulder Amy could not seem to wash away whatever cocktail of rapidfire excitement was running through her veins.

“You look so good! Holy shit…!” Amy couldn’t stop her rambling and even looked over at Joyce, gleefully shouting with utmost disbelief, “I made these! I made these clothes! Oh god! Hahaha!” The way she spoke to her creation only interfered with the way she tried to hug the sobbing Emily, prioritizing her own efforts on one front, yet trying to console Emily on the other.

Why was Emily being hugged? She didn’t know why. Bullies didn’t hug their prey. It was contradictory. Picking on someone wasn’t the same as comforting them. Maybe she was going to fling her? Had the conflict already escalated to physical abuse? Maybe Amy was that sort of bully.

Amy kept hugging her, endlessly spewing off one-line comments either to herself or the room for all, drowning in her artists’ high, lost to a plane of creativity neither women in attendance could hope to interpret. Only for brief moments would she ever break free from her own euphoric trance to say something intended to be comforting for Emily, or a half-baked statement for Joyce. By all accounts, it was Amy who had been fried.

“Okay...” Joyce stepped in with a smile, “I think she wants me.” She slipped her hands tactfully between Amy’s arms and Emily, releasing her with ease into a new set of hands.

The touch was familiar almost instantly, and Emily, the well-trained pet that she was, recognized her owner’s scent. The feeling came back in her legs and the adrenaline inspired her to spin around and crash forward into Joyce.

“I’ve got you...I’ve got you...” her soothing voice continued to play on repeat. Amy stood there with a long-lasting look of fidgety ecstaticism, like electricity was firing from her fingertips.

Like it was just them and in their own bubble, Joyce soothingly suggested, “Why don’t we go sit down, huh?” And a quiet look over Emily’s head suggested the same to Amy, who was more than happy to oblige.

Every kind of defense mechanism was screaming, blaring alarms and flashing red lights. She was moments away from self-destruction or complete shut down, and it only grew worse when even the blanket they usually kept on the couch was nowhere to be found.

It was impossible to ignore. Inconceivable to think otherwise. Emily stared at her legs and the floor, willing to believe that somehow magi-fied Amy out of existence. But she knew it didn’t. She knew none of it worked when the sounds Amy made and the presence of her drilling stare shattered all those illusions of pure fantasy.

Amy, meanwhile, continued to make an endless array of facial expressions, animating her hands like her life depended on it. She was over the moon, quite clearly, continuing to snuff any of the concerns she may have had about Emily’s own feelings.

“Oh my God...” Her head couldn’t stop turning and treated Joyce like her prized confidant, someone else to share in the absolute glory. Joyce had already had her fun under the sun with this once and even now it didn’t make Emily any less adorable to her, but even Amy seemed to be pushing the shock factor to new limits.

“I-Ah...ahm...I-hm...I’m sorry…!” Emily finally blurted. “Ihm sorry! Ihm sorry!”

Finally it was the outlandish words that convinced Amy’s mind to write something other than ecstatic on her face. “W--what? You’re sorry?” Quickly, she looked to the Emily whisperer for interpretation.

“Wh...what are you sorry about, Emily?” A bit dusty on her studies in adult child-rearing, the scholar chose to refresh herself on the spot. “No one’s upset with you?”

“I...I look weird! This...this is wrong!” she sobbed,  pinching the fabric on Joyce’s sleeve. “Please…! Please let me change! I don’t wanna do this anymore…!”

“No, please don’t!” Amy nearly gasped at the gunshot of a plea. “Emily…!” The snuggled duo suddenly became a trio the moment Amy slid right next to her other side. “This...this is so perfect! You look amazing!”

It didn’t matter what words of encouragement there were. Emily could hardly see it that way. She was embarrassed. Mortified. She wanted to be dignified, dressed maturely. This was for Joyce and no one else. Where was the undo button? How could she rewind this mistake?

“Emily?”

What if she just stopped breathing? Or pretended to fall asleep? Maybe Amy could be convinced to go home if she tried that.

“Emily…?”

Or...or if she locked herself in the bedroom. Or the bathroom. Hold herself hostage until Amy left. What if she left herself? No, bad idea...baby clothes and all…

“Emily!”

Startled and teary, Emily jumped from the raise in volume of a voice right next to her. Joyce had won her attention, maybe if only for a brief moment.

“You do not look weird and this isn’t wrong. You’ve heard it yourself, haven’t you? Amy thinks you look great!”

“Adorable,” Amy, a devil for the details as much as a fuss for every improper stitch, corrected, “actually.”

Rolling her eyes with a grin, Joyce hoped some of it might be infectious for the overwhelmed girl. “See? Amy would never tease you, especially because there’s nothing to tease about.”

“But...” Words were words, and feelings could cut much deeper than just sounds, but the reverse could also be true in some cases… Emily’s irrational logic was failing her and that only continued to make things feel less and less stable.

“And for as long as Amy’s here today, you’re going to stay dressed like this.”

Right then, words nearly did kill. Had the look in Emily’s eyes and the noise from her mouth been testimony, Joyce would have been charged for murder. And just as her conscience was fading and she really was about to sink inside of herself, Joyce simply would not let go of the reins.

“Hey, look at me?” Joyce reached into her metaphorical bag of assertive tricks and steered Emily by the chin to look back up at her. “You’re sitting here right now, aren’t you? The world isn’t ending, you’re still loved, and you’re in front of two people right now that think you look absolutely amazing.”

Emily’s lips tensed up as they struggled to decide what they wanted to do. Quiver, speak, or just stay put.

And if there wasn’t enough baggage already, “And Emily, also remember that you can always blame me? I’m the reason you’re dressed like this, aren’t I? So if you want to be mad, be mad at me. It’s okay, I can handle it.” She laughed at her own self-sacrifice, but Emily didn’t laugh back. The troubled look never left her face, but she wasn’t making desperate noises anymore. No more desperate pleas. She was uncomfortable and nervous. But...she wasn’t dying. It wasn’t quite the end of the world. Just potentially the onset of it. Nevertheless, there was one less degree of imminent danger, as exposed as she literally was and felt.

“Emily?” It wasn’t Joyce’s voice, and that meant to pay it respectful attention, Emily would have to look them in the eyes. Quite hesitantly, Emily looked up at Amy.

“Can I just say how happy I am that you’re wearing this?” At some point, the skirt of Emily’s denim dress was between Amy’s fingers. “I’ve never had the chance to make stuff like this before, and you should have seen what Joyce was like when I first showed these to her! Weren’t you bouncing off the walls?” She laughed at Joyce’s expense.

“M...Maybe a little...” With a sudden shift in spotlight, Joyce averted her eyes a small bit, but she was smiling.

“Emily, I just want you to know that I think you look amazing dressed like this and how much it means to me that you’re willing to show me how it looks.” And the entire time she spoke, her eyes continued to shift up and down, emotionally overwhelmed herself by the absolutely surreal reveal. To Amy, it was stupefyingly amazing just how much a person in already-amazing clothes could magnify the wow-ness of it!

And finally, just by a tiny bit, Emily’s mouth was tugged by the corners, even if only a little.

Then the front of her denim dress was nonchalantly flipped up.

“Oh my gosh! That’s right! I thought we made a onesie for this one!”

Suddenly smiles were quivering frowns.

“A--AMY!!”

“So it’s comfy when you move around? They feel like clothes-clothes, right? Not like costume clothes?”

“I...I guess...yeah...” The blush never left her cheeks since Amy’s arrival, but Emily was finally open to limited conversation as she “walked”, but more honestly shuffled across the floor for Amy. It was like wearing these for the first time all over again with how Joyce asked similar questions, only now there was a whole new level of scrutiny.

“Is this your sketchbook?” Joyce couldn’t help but peer into the large object already half-outside the large canvas bag that Amy brought.

“One of them,” Amy answered without turning her attention, “ever since you put me down this rabbit hole, frankly I’ve had to separate some of the idea streams just to keep it from getting jumbled.”

“So what you’re saying is...the one you brought today has to do with stuff related to...this?” Her curiosity couldn’t have been killed even if it were nuked. With a probing and mischievous finger, Joyce was already dying just to “accidentally” flip the front cover open.

“Hm?” Now she finally looked back over her shoulder, sitting front and forward just to watch the embarrassed model in diapers walk the line. Suddenly Joyce’s hands were back at her sides, one busying itself with a warm mug of coffee. “Yes, it is.” And quite defensively she pulled the canvas bag far and away from snooping peeks. “Which you can see when I decide to show it to you.”

Now Joyce was frowning. Playfully. But a frown nonetheless. “Boring.” She miffed.

“Has she played in this outfit yet?” She looked back over at Emily, looking busy with the way she awkwardly drilled her toe into the floor, desperately hoping to be allowed to sit back down.

“Uhm...well, sort of.” Joyce half-shrugged. Now the idea of “play” wasn’t feeling so universal. They hadn’t exactly done much that could be considered physically engaging… There wasn’t a place with privacy for it. “We haven’t done anything outside the house, if that’s what you’re asking.”

Amy nodded. “Well if you ever do, let me know how it goes. Obviously it makes her adorable,” and with her tone of voice it was like she was studying objectively despite such emotionally-charged words, “but it’d be ideal to make sure that it’s functional.”

“It has been so far, but it’s not like we can just go to the park like this...” Maybe in her dreams, but dreams were just that. Then again, many dreams were coming to life as of late…

“N-no...” Emily quietly whimpered. “Please...”

“Nope, don’t worry.” Joyce liked to tease, but only when it was appropriate. “You won’t be dressed like this in front of strangers.” An important part out of respect above all else for Emily, but also others who had no business with this, nor should they be forced to. As for Amy… Joyce quietly watched her for a few minutes. She was harder to tell just what all of this enticed her. The clothes, obviously, but to what degree and just how much of that bridged into other aspects?

“Emily? Hon?” Amy started, casually using the pet name, “Could you just try turning around and touching your toes for me?”

“Uhm...o...okay...” Clueless and none the wiser, Emily did so, stretching as best as she could.

Joyce was confused as well, but the spectator sport spoke for itself from the bleachers. She watched as the denim skirt of the dress started to ride up, not fully exposing what was underneath, yet just started to tease it. And from the corner of her eye she watched Amy dutifully scribble some notes.

“Okay, thank you!”

“What was that for…?”

“Just making sure none of the fabric stretches funny…” Amy continued to write, and Emily, as innocent as she was right then, was too self-conscious to notice the tiny wink from Amy that Joyce did in fact see, which was meant for her. One lover of adorable clothing to another.

Amy was good. Too good, and Joyce was trying to compose herself, lest Emily get any more nervous from the things she didn’t understand, nor would she be allowed to know.

“Okay, good. This is good. Really good.” Amy nodded affirmatively. “What about her sleepers? How have they been doing?”

“Oh...uhm...I don’t think we have tried them yet, come to think of it.” And also come to think of it, she’d only put Emily down in her crib for a nap only a few times. She still had yet to make Emily spend the night in it. The only problem though was that meant being without her cuddlebug a whole night herself…

“Mind if we give them a try now?”

“Emily, hon? You okay with that?” Joyce asked Emily, who was still standing at the front of the room nervously, specifically because no one had told her it was fine to leave yet.

“I...I guess...” By this point, things were already quite exposed in Emily’s eyes, so what difference did it make if her embarrassment was colored in pink or blue.

“Let's excuse ourselves for a little wardrobe change, then~” Joyce hummed with her stride as she took Emily by the hand and down the hall. “We’ll be just a second Amy. No peeking!”

They walked right by the nursery this time and into the bedroom.

“You moved them out in advance?” Emily asked from the bed.

“I didn’t want to risk opening up your nursery while she was here,” Joyce explained as she pulled out two different pajama sets from underneath a pair of normal looking jeans. “Unless you would have wanted Amy to see?”

“No...that’s okay...”

“You definitely seem a lot less nervous, you know?” A lot less, sure, but it was a relative term, and didn’t do away with her nervousness altogether.

“I...I dunno… She’s already seen me now, so...” And need she be reminded, but her denim skirt was flipped up and three loud pops from her crotch later, she was looking at her own diaper. “But I don’t like wearing a diaper around her...”

“Sorry, Em, but diapers are part of the whole process. And I doubt Amy minds those either, because it’s half of what makes the clothes fit so well, you know?” She added a kiss as a bonus, just to keep her soldier strong.

“Does...does doing this stuff make me weird?”

“It would be weird if we didn’t have our special things that make us feel so good…” Off the outfit came. “Everyone has things that they like, Emily, and just because others might not or may not understand it, that doesn’t make this stuff any less valid.” Thankfully Emily wasn’t a kicker when she didn’t want to be, as Joyce fed her feet into the sleeper without a struggle. “This does make you feel good, right?” Because it sure did for Joyce.

“Y...you know that, already...” Something that was at this point embarrassing to admit. Their justifications started in different places, but they always ended in the same spot.

A decent stretch of time had gone by, and it was filled with plenty of stretching from Emily. Awkward poses, rotating her arms, legs, going as far as crawling (which could only be coaxed out of her after much easier instructions to digest).

It’d become an extensive R&D session for Amy and Emily had become the poor puppet, whilst Joyce played the part of conversationalist for both sides, keeping Emily out of her own head as best as she could and continuing to chat with Amy.

“Like this…?” Emily mumbled with her face away and back towards the two women, splaying her legs in a sitting ‘W” position. She was in her second set of pajamas, which essentially felt identical to her, but as Amy put it, “Function is only half of fashion!”

And while Amy scribbled away; sketches and notes like a raging storm of overflowing consciousness onto paper, Emily finally turned partly over her shoulder.

“...Joyce?”

All it took was her tone of voice and Joyce was on her feet and over.

“What’s up?” she asked with a hand on her shoulder. “Did I mention how well you’re doing, by the way?”

“Thanks...” Emily scratched her head a little. It wasn’t itchy though.

“You can whisper in my ear, you know?” Joyce offered it up with a patient smile. Whether it was legitimate focus or mindful politeness, Amy was temporarily lost in her own sketchbook.

Cupping her hands over her mouth, like sharing a secret at recess, Emily shared with a nervous whisper, “I...I need to use the bathroom...”

“Amy?” Joyce exaggeratedly sighed at the woman on the couch. “Can’t we give her a break? I think by now Emily’s feeling a bit exhausted...did you get enough of what you need?”

“Oh?” she looked up from her sketchbook, but still wasn’t quite following. “Oh! Sure! Yeah, no, this is plenty. Thanks for being my model today, Ems! You can get changed, if you want,” she waved her off like it was her own studio. “Or don’t? You look cute, too?”

“And that’s that,” Joyce beamed at the flustered girl. “Can you stand?” Without waiting for an answer, she chanted, “and...one...two...three!” Hands in hands, Joyce bounced on the balls of her feet before finally rocketing into the air, standing her legs upright and so the same with Emily’s.

Behind closed doors, Emily wasn’t expecting Joyce to also be behind said door when they went into the bathroom.

“What? Don’t give me that look,” Joyce lightly chastised as she worked the zipper lining Emily’s back. “These were made to need a little help in getting them off,” just as quickly she spun back around as Emily’s pajamas hung from her knees, “and even if Amy is here, I’m still the one in charge of your diapers, got it?”

“I do get it...” Emily blushed all the way through her compliance, looking one way, then shooting her head right in the other direction the moment she was staring into the mirror. “C-can we turn on the sink or something? Just so--”

She was interrupted by a loud tearing adhesive sort of noise. The kind of noise that was like pulling apart strips of velcro. The kind of noise a diaper might make if it was taken off.

“Emily, she already knows.” Joyce reminded with a loving kiss.

“That...that doesn’t mean she still has to hear…!”

“And she didn’t.” Probably. It didn’t make Joyce’s tone any less soothing.

Joyce didn’t leave the bathroom when Emily sat on the toilet, and admittedly something like this didn’t bother her as much anymore, especially when it looked like Joyce was preoccupied with other things on her phone. A level of trust a mother might have for her recently toilet trained child, who has at least enough know-how to do their business and flush. Conditioning was both a frightening, and admittedly exciting thing.

“Sorry about that!” Joyce announced their return, and Emily was looking a bit more put-together this time now that she was in jeans and panties, two things that were simply incompatible with her other wardrobe nowadays. And yet the diaper she was just wearing was as if it had residual effects, somehow clinging to her image like a phantom.

When Amy looked at her by chance, or made eye contact to converse, Emily could see through her eyes. See the Emily that she was probably seeing. Just the silly girl who was still in diapers. The incompetent adult that could hardly hold her bladder, much less a job--

“Emily…?” A finger probed her cheek, momentarily lost in thought.

“What?” Emily quipped as she swiped away Joyce’s finger, who looked pleasantly bemused.

“So grouchy,” she chuckled. “I asked if you had anything in mind for lunch?”

“Like what? Are we ordering?” Takeout sounded wonderful, especially after an emotional gauntlet like that.

Joyce shared a look with Amy, who shrugged with disinterest. “It can be if you want? I think it’s fair to say that you earned the right to pick what we get for lunch?”

And so they did, as for once Emily wasn’t afraid to indulge herself. After being made the spectacle of these two, finally she was feeling some confidence now without a pampers prison putting her in check, she was willing to be a bit selfish.

Joyce strolled back into the living room, phone slipping back into her pocket. “Okay, order has been put in. It shouldn’t be too long.”

“Thanks for treating me, you two,” Amy finally huffed, apparently reaching some sort of conclusion with her work as she finally closed the book, sounding satisfied. “Oh! By the way, Emily? I’ve got a question for you.”

“Yeah?” Nervous was all she could be at her best right now. Just coming off of diapers and baby clothing, she’d only ever interacted with Amy in padding, so forgive her for being a bit skittish over a surprise ambush of questioning.

“Relax, relax, I’m not going to ask anything weird,” she laughed, “Joyce said you’ve been out of a job for a bit? How’s that going?”

Oh. Not a weird question, but not a comfortable one either. And apparently Joyce told her…

“It’s...going, I guess.” Emily tried to shrug, playing the role any adult would. Answering the tough questions, but somehow in a way that made the person asking not feel uncomfortable. In other words, lie and placate. “I’m managing, though. I’m sure I’ll be working again soon.”

“That’s good,” Amy nodded thoughtfully. “Because you know, I think I could give you some work?”

In unison, Emily and Joyce looked at her in surprise.

“What?

Hey folks! This fellow here is open for commissions! Want something written? I come at just $10/1000! I'm flexible and excited to bring your kinky (or cushy) ideas to life! Reach out and contact me!

Want to read Chapter 39 early, by the way? Find it on my Patreon for just $3! Otherwise it'll be on here soon enough! Thanks for all being such big fans!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Mee changed the title to Sheltered [06/12/2022] CH38 - Fashionista

So glad to have a new chapter with Amy.  

I would love to see back-zipper pyjamas should being used for real, maybe as soma kind of light punishment (maybe for taking of her diaper by herself).

And I'm very curious to read about the type of work that Amy has for Emily. 

7 hours ago, Bel George said:

So glad to have a new chapter with Amy.  

I would love to see back-zipper pyjamas should being used for real, maybe as soma kind of light punishment (maybe for taking of her diaper by herself).

And I'm very curious to read about the type of work that Amy has for Emily. 

The outfit has been mentioned, therefore it is canon, therefore it is a possible weapon in Joyce's unlimited arsenal of Mommy-ness! Quite frankly, I think all this cooped-up stuff going on with Emily is bound to make her antsy. She's been misbehaving an awful lot, lately...

Also, who knows what Amy wants from her?

Thanks for reading and commenting!

3 hours ago, diaperboymi said:

What a Fantastic chapter ?  I'm sure it was almost traumatic for Emily but she got through it.   Can't wait to see what Amy has in mind????

Trauma is best taken in shifts. Or light doses.

Hm.

Something like that. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Frankly, I think pushing Emily to show these clothes off to Amy is just a vehicle for Joyce to get Emily more comfortable wearing these clothes on a regular basis, possibly even when they go out. 

23 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Frankly, I think pushing Emily to show these clothes off to Amy is just a vehicle for Gayle to get Emily more comfortable wearing these clothes on a regular basis, possibly even when they go out. 

Who is Gayle?

• Mee changed the title to Sheltered [12/03/2023] CH46+47 [Important Subscribestar Update]