LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange days indeed - a 24 x 7 experiment

The scientific type, I weigh my diaper every morning.  If weight gain is considerably more than I recall adding it’s logged as sleep wetting.  Sought after gems are waking wet with zero memory.  Like this morning, diaper contained roughly nineteen ounces with no memory of releasing during the night.  Elated!!! ???

21 hours ago, spark said:

Does that happen less often?  For me that it still the norm.  In most cases I still awake when I pee, and I don't feel the diaper is wet when I go. 

The thing is that  I typically change into a diaper right before I turn out the lights, which is around 11pm.   On weekdays, I wake up at 6:15.  By that time I've probably wet at least once knowingly, but diaper is clearly wet.  Not soaked, but definitely leading towards a change.  I typically keep it while I fix coffee, make lunch, and eat breakfast.  I leak a few times, and by then I need a change.  But I think I might be wetting unknowingly at night, because it's wetter than I would expect.

Yes.  Nights with clear recollection of me wetting, at least before 4am are now in the minority and yet I've invariably wet (more than once I suspect) by 4am.  The night after my "dry" night on Friday, I went to bed and didn't wake until 4am or so by which time my terry nappy was well soaked.  As I'd only a damp patch in the front when I went to bed, I certainly used it without recollection during the night.

17 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

I think there is likely some connection between sleep state and permission requests. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it though. Mechanically something just kicks in brain be damned.

I guess its just keep going and as you have proven, things do change with time.....I am 18 months in now and do wet but can clearly remember having to get out of bed and stand up to go early in my 24/7 journey.

Its just the same as anything, as you are in the middle of it the change seems slow. 

I think so.  There seems to be a positive connection between a "good" sleep night and bedwetting events.  Light/poor sleep seem to inhibit them.  Alcohol (which causes an initial deep sleep followed by a later poor sleep) seems to these days automatically trigger a bedwetting event early in the night but later events can be hit and miss.

As an aside, this thread seems to have attracted a lot of reads and a lot of likes.  For that I’m grateful.  It’s nice to know that I’m not totally wasting my time in documenting all of this, or if I am, I am at least wasting it in such a way as might be amusing to others.

When “likes” are issued to posts, in addition to the tiny serotonin boost that is released upon digital affirmative feedback (a drug Facebook had worked out years ago), an alert message appears when I log in.  I don’t know WHO liked a post, or indeed WHY.  In addition to the factiod of a post being liked, there is insight shared on how long ago this “like” occurred.

In this place the big “likes” go to the authors on the story forums.  More mundane accounts such as this rarely rank in terms of attractive recreational reading.  That makes sense.  It’s probably more interesting for many to read about a flotilla of nubile young aunts queueing up to baby a young male than uncover titbits such as the practical fall-out of rubbish collection lapses.

Nevertheless today I was somewhat surprised to receive 9 consecutive “likes” in one batch.

Intrigued, I followed each of these “like” links to see what it was that was liked.

They were all posts in this thread and the “likes” were delivered in the same chronological order as the thread had them.  Based on these clues, it would appear that somebody was reading this thread and issuing “likes” as they worked their way through it.  That’s nice. 

The thing that got me was the timestamps.  They spent at least three hours with this thread.  They could have watched “Ghandi” or maybe “Apocalypse Now Redux Edition” with that kind of chronological investment.

If that somebody is reading this.  You deserve a prize!  I hope the hours were worth it.  I get bored with myself after several minutes ?

• Like 6

I actually open my DD nightly (ND?)  reading by opening the 'Our Lifestyle Discussion' forum and hoping to see an update from yourself. It's certainly fun and interesting to read, and I can somewhat (re: totally) relate when you describe our lovely summer weather. Can't wait for winter this year! ( I hear it's going to be on a Tuesday XD )

• Thanks 1

The thing that got me was the timestamps.  They spent at least three hours with this thread.  They could have watched “Ghandi” or maybe “Apocalypse Now Redux Edition” with that kind of chronological investment.

While it was not I who spent three hours reading your blog the other night, I will say that I have certainly spent that much time over the past few years enjoying your story.  Not only do I appreciate your dedication to the "cause," but also your writing skill, editing skill, and thoughtfulness.  If we were  not half a world apart, I bet that we could enjoy a couple of bottles of a good red wine together.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, oznl said:

When “likes” are issued to posts, in addition to the tiny serotonin boost that is released upon digital affirmative feedback (a drug Facebook had worked out years ago), an alert message appears when I log in.  I don’t know WHO liked a post, or indeed WHY.  In addition to the factiod of a post being liked, there is insight shared on how long ago this “like” occurred.

@oznl

I suspect if you paid one of the "subscriptions" (i.e. US $20), you can see WHO liked your posts....  I'm seeing user names tagged with the attached likes, etc.

I always try to remember to use likes more generally.

If I read a post and enjoy it and cant think of anything to actually reply with I try to remember to leave a like. Not quite as personal as a comment but hopefully still saying "hey, I'm here with you"

• Like 1
13 hours ago, zzyzx said:

I suspect if you paid one of the "subscriptions" (i.e. US $20), you can see WHO liked your posts....  I'm seeing user names tagged with the attached likes, etc.

This is interesting - I had no idea. However I have recently started seeing who "likes" my posts. I'd thought it was just a site update or something, but I did donate a little a while back; I feel like I use this site as a therapist's couch and a confessional, and I've jammed it full of random drivel for the last three years or so, so I figured that I owed the site at least enough to cover the storage I am occupying. 

As to @oznl and his "likes" tally, I am unsurprised by this - it's been a good read. I have sometimes spent a couple of hours getting caught up, although I'm probably more parsimonious with my "likes" than I should be. I've liked, in fact if not in click, most of it!  

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This is interesting - I had no idea. However I have recently started seeing who "likes" my posts. I'd thought it was just a site update or something, but I did donate a little a while back; I feel like I use this site as a therapist's couch and a confessional, and I've jammed it full of random drivel for the last three years or so, so I figured that I owed the site at least enough to cover the storage I am occupying. 

As to @oznl and his "likes" tally, I am unsurprised by this - it's been a good read. I have sometimes spent a couple of hours getting caught up, although I'm probably more parsimonious with my "likes" than I should be. I've liked, in fact if not in click, most of it!  

I  recently started seeing them also, I assumed as I had bought the Baby Banker 2022 thing....

• Like 1
On 3/9/2022 at 2:43 PM, zzyzx said:

@oznl

It seems this is it as you, @Little Sherri and @BabyJilly_S are all seeing similar things.

I would like to subscribe.  USD20 isn't much.  The issue there is that it's a credit card payment (as opposed to something like Paypal).  This will turn into a foreign transaction appearing on a statement that will then turn into a query from my beloved that I would not particularly want to answer for the sake of the fight it would most likely provoke.  For now, the only real contribution I can make to DD (without causing domestic warfare) is to provide content.

I should add, I'm don't actually need to know who likes (or not) any of my posts.  It's just that DD is a resource I've been using for some time and it's only fair I should contribute something.

• Like 1

With floodwaters receding, the rubbish truck returned for its’ appointed round on Monday and our fortnight-unemptied thermonuclear stinky-bin met its match in the form of a large diesel-burning side-loader council rubbish truck.  The battle was over in seconds.  Our sins washed clean, we again have 240 litres of volumetric capacity in which to discretionarily chuck used, swollen adult disposables into landfill like the planet’s environment was just lying there, begging to be raped.

Thus concluded a full week, stuck at home, wearing cloth nappies fulltime.

I’m not THAT much of a greenie but I remain slightly awed by how much rubbish a grown up in disposable nappies creates.  Whilst disposables DO offer better visual discretion and odour control (a good thing when out and about), the prime reason for my over-reliance on them is that my beloved prefers me in disposables to cloth in a similar vein that she’d prefer to be shot rather than hung.  She’s not about to sing any Wagnerian arias of joy when I choose paper and plastic over cloth and pins but it IS a distinct preference.  She hates it (slightly) less.

That and the fact of me having an arse the size of a Volkswagen in cloth.

Across the week, it was amazing to me how big the Sisyphean task of staying on top of the nappy washing proved to be, or at least, how complicated.  I suspect the magnitude of this task was exaggerated by attempting to walk a line between avoiding “wet nappy” smells in the laundry whilst simultaneously not appearing to be hogging the washing machine.

About every 2.5 - 3 days seems to be the limit (assuming my used nappies are well rinsed before being dumped into the laundry trough to be partially obscured by strategically placed storage crates).  After a run in the machine, my beloved would switch her disapproval from their lie-in-state in the laundry pending wash to my almost comedic attempts to get them dry after washing in the middle of the wettest season in decades.

A few days in, with constant downpours seeing yet another load of washed-but-un-dryable cloth nappies mildewing at leisure and a dwindling cohort of cloth candidates for the next shift, I went nappy-mining at the bottom of one of my hampers and emerged, archeologically triumphant with a “Kins pre-fold night diaper” that’s been laying at the bottom as an undisturbed relic from my pre-24/7 era.  Despite the shortage, I think it’s good to share the love around with my absorbent ensemble and give some of my “C List” products a run.

The first challenge was putting it on.  It’s an North American diaper thing that looks like a morbidly-obsese bath mat.  I’d simply forgotten how to wear it. 

Google to the rescue, I discovered the somewhat-dubious folding pattern and the concept of side-mounted pins.  Looking disturbingly like “Baby Huey” from Looney-Tunes fame, my bladder twinged whilst I was standing in front of the mirror wrestling with the right pin.   Not specifically issuing any order to the contrary, a small amount of pee happened into the fresh nappy whilst I was just about to pull up my plastic pants.  This pee heralded its arrival not only with the characteristic spreading warmth that we all know and love but more worryingly, a pattering noise as it fled the confines of my nappy to drip straight down onto the carpet forcing me to duck-waddle frantically to the en-suite so that matters could conclude over a durable, rinsable floor surface.

It was not an auspicious start. 

The second issue was that no matter how tightly I pinned, it was sliding down my thighs.  Having the house to myself and the weather being warm, I’d rather fancied just remaining on my pinned nappy, plastic pants and t-shirt but gravity thought otherwise (taste and decorum were out to lunch and I thought it best not to disturb them).  Eventually, 1I was forced to don a compression pant just to hold the thing in place with mortally damaged any AB visual credibility.

The afternoon proceeded.  Things DID get a bit better.  The compression pant holding it against me seemed to have solved the “run-off” issue but the absorbency was at best so-so.  The key issue however is that I cannot see how any amount of pinning could keep them in place with a litre or more of wee onboard.  They are just too heavy for the fastening system.  Eventually I got sick of hauling them back up over my hips and changed early.

After their eventual laundering, they’ve gone back to the nappy hamper for another multi-year rest.

With the week up, I’d used a little more than 14 nappies.  Some of the cloth/Velcro ones were frankly not that absorbent and would repeatedly fall short of completing a 12 hour shift.  There were a number of “3 nappy days” that occurred.  Whilst they didn’t do much to reduce the laundry load, they did allow me the operational cadence to repeatedly prove bedwetting by going to be dry.

Back in the office and back in disposables, I do miss my cloth nappies at night.  They just work better and I find them super-comfortable.  I don’t really notice the “wet” sensation from cloth anymore anyway and it didn’t bother me when I could detect it easily.

One slight qualm is skin integrity.  Whilst I can’t say I’ve picked up nappy rash after a week marinating in cloth, I think I sailed close it on occasion and I HAVE managed to instantly, and simultaneously pick up two ingrown hair in my nappy zone.  I wonder about skin/towel/pee friction.

I’d like to be able to go semi-permanently into cloth at night.  I think cloth 24/7 is a little bit too overwhelming.  I know @Stroller does it but he has two significant advantages over me.  Firstly he’s retired and secondly, he has a less combative spouse.

Just as Adolph Hitler found out the hard way that opening up a second battle front before you’ve finished with the first one isn’t such a great strategy, I suspect I’ll remain largely in disposables for now, fighting with my beloved for my right to wear underwear types my preference instead of hers and leave opening up another battle front over the material my unconventional underwear is made of for another day.

It would probably also be a good idea to wait until the last kidult flees the familial nest.  I think I’d need a wet nappy pail and that probably WOULD be a conversation piece in the laundry.

• Like 2
On 2/8/2022 at 11:10 PM, oznl said:

The thing is, according to the collective received wisdom of the 24/7 diapering world, bedwetting is supposed to be the LAST symptom of diaper dependency to emerge, not the FIRST.

[...]

They have developed bedwetting whilst maintaining some degree of daytime continence.

I think the manual might be wrong on this one: bedwetting can happen sooner than we think and leaves us with the paradox of how to choose NOT to do something we did not CHOOSE to do in the first place.

Sorry to go back in time a little, but I'm just catching up.  Love to read your writing, @oznl, but  I don't always get to read it promptly. :)

"For N=1", as they say... I've been saying that the "conventional wisdom" is wrong here for a while.  My experience was that it's quite possible to develop (go back to?) sleep wetting, without changing daytime habits at all.  I think it's a matter of your sleeping brain being ok with letting the floodgates open, and that behavior has little or nothing to do with any daytime behaviors, or anything physiological.

I do whole-heartedly agree, though, that once that Rubicon is crossed, as you said, it's extraordinarily difficult to go back.  I tried, with all the tools I had, to regain control while sleeping over a two-plus year time frame and failed miserably.   Granted, I tried to revert after 10+ years sleep-wetting, but still.  Didn't happen.  Close to 10 years after that effort, still hasn't happened.

There's a whole lot of individual stuff here, of course, so one person's experience is unlikely to be like another's.  But it's perfectly possible to lose night-time control, have no issues during the day, and (so far) be unable to regain control... maybe not for everyone, but the "conventional wisdom" of,  "that never happens" is... urm... not correct.

Keep up your updates.  I very much enjoy your writing style and following you on your journey!

• Thanks 1
On 3/9/2022 at 10:29 PM, oznl said:

I would like to subscribe.  USD20 isn't much.  The issue there is that it's a credit card payment (as opposed to something like Paypal).  This will turn into a foreign transaction appearing on a statement that will then turn into a query from my beloved that I would not particularly want to answer for the sake of the fight it would most likely provoke.  For now, the only real contribution I can make to DD (without causing domestic warfare) is to provide content.

@Oznl

Understand the main issue....  One option would be buying a "gift" debit card for cash and use that....  Don't know if you have that option in your area.... or if such a cash transaction would be noticed.  Best wishes....

I do enjoy your writing style...  Ok, I'm partially reading for what not to do -- trying to keep things from getting worse for me....

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, oznl said:

I wonder about skin/towel/pee friction.

Bodyglide works wonders for me, in avoiding chafing.

19 hours ago, oznl said:

I think cloth 24/7 is a little bit too overwhelming.  I know @Stroller does it but he has two significant advantages over me.  Firstly he’s retired and secondly, he has a less combative spouse.

Yes, I'm very lucky, and very appreciative of it.  Thirdly, I do all the washing.

19 hours ago, oznl said:

It would probably also be a good idea to wait until the last kidult flees the familial nest.  I think I’d need a wet nappy pail and that probably WOULD be a conversation piece in the laundry.

Using two pails works better ?.  Dry bags as used by canoeists work pretty well as a more discreet alternative.

This really does seem to be a week where nothing happened.

There were a couple of strangely “comforting” bedwetting nights.  These were nights where I went to bed at around 10:30pm, fell asleep relatively easily and relatively quickly and did not waken until at least 4:30am the next morning in order to find that my bladder was quite empty and that I’d “been” in my nappy more than once.  I don’t know why I find that so strangely satisfying but I do.

The only other noteworthy detail was that my beloved washed an item of my nappy-related gear.

I suspect this was by accident rather than by design.  My beloved collects “washing” (ie: clothing found on surfaces) with about as much discrimination as a Baleen whale collects krill.  On more than once occasion, washing from a previous week was recollected and washed again as I’d been tardy about putting it away.  On other occasions, clothes that I brought out ready to wear were confiscated for “washing” before I had a chance to put them on.  Having a pair of shorts unilaterally withdrawn from circulation for washing after being worn once in the early evening whilst watching the news is practically normal.

Don’t get me started on her sock management strategy…

I've tried (gently) to take over clothes washing since I have more time on my hands but this domestic duty it seems will be prised only from cold, dead fingers and that seems a bit of an extreme step to seize executive control of a washing machine.

Anyway, earlier this week I found, neatly folded and stacked with my t-shirts, a pair of my “shapewear” compression pants whose sole purpose is to cover my nappy and help keep it in place.

In all probability, this garment was probably caught in the “suck zone” as my beloved indiscriminately hoovered up vast amounts of available clothing that “needed washing”.

But she didn’t throw it away…  It was folded and returned without comment.  Make of that what you will.

• Like 1

Further evidence that my by-now rampant bedwetting is unrelated to any urge incontinence.

As I’ve been doing recently, I arranged my changing times yesterday (Friday) to ensure that I went to bed in a fresh, dry pull-up cloth nappy and plastic pants.  I’d made sure that my bladder had been 100% emptied into the Rearz cloth diaper I’d used for the evening shift before that change so I knew I’d remain dry for a little while.  To be honest, the outgoing Rearz , although unequal to coping with a whole night in front of it, wasn’t super-wet.  Friday had been quite warm and I’d been quite physically active around the house.  A marked yellow discolouration of the nappy hinted at a degree of dehydration.

Retiring a little before 11pm, I fell asleep quite quickly, a combination of Friday-night red wine and melatonin.

I woke up just before 3am.  It’s fairly normal for me to wake two or three times during the night.

It’s hard for me to tell if my nappy is wet when I’m lying in bed.  It just feels warm really.  A quick finger check under my plastic pants however, confirmed that I had indeed wet myself at some point.  These days this is par for the course.  100% of the “tests” I have performed recently have revealed that I wet in my sleep to some extent by now.

Although my nappy was wet it was only a saucer-sized wet patch at the front.  Probing further I felt dry cloth at my hips and bum.  There seemed to be nothing in my bladder so I fell back asleep.

By morning, I peed a little more into it, awake this time but again there wasn’t much and I had no particular urge.  It’s just the semi-automatic thing I do these strange days.

If it wasn’t for the fact that it was Saturday and my beloved was at home to disapprove, I probably would have delayed my morning change to get a bit more mileage out of what seemed to be a 60% dry cloth nappy.  It just didn’t seem worth changing and I was perfectly comfortable in it.

I changed anyway.

The front of my nappy was wet and again, stained a dark yellow.  At the hips and the seat however, it was basically dry although wetter than it was at 3am.  I resolved to drink more water today.

The thing was though, I’d wet myself a few hours after falling asleep but it was clear that this event had nothing to do with having a full bladder.  I’m fairly sure a bladder urge would wake me and in any case, the void volume was so small that I would not have expected a bladder urge anyway.

I conclude that I am wetting the bed out of a learned habit of high frequency voiding that now persists past the veil of sleep.  This seems to support my suspicion that the appearance of bedwetting has less to do with emerging incontinence than it does with a new pattern of behaviour that is now baked in deep enough to eclipse earlier patterns of behaviour.

I think I’ve read somewhere that this is how things are for toddlers on the verge of becoming toilet trained.  They have the bladder capacity but are simply untrained on how to use it.   It seems that a three year nappy-habit has given me the bladder of a three year old…

• Like 2

An unpleasant week really.  It started on Monday when, quite unexpectedly, at the very end of her working day my beloved was casually told by her employer that he was winding up the company for his retirement and that she would consequentially be made redundant.  At least I know how it feels.  Worse for her, as she works for a “small employer” under Australian law, there is no severance payment, no golden parachute, nothing.  She just gets to walk out the door one Friday and not come back after more than a decade’s service.

As a specialised professional (as opposed to a generic middle manager) in a field where age is seen as experience instead of disability, she has far better re-employment prospects than I did but nevertheless, like myself, she pitched face first into a dark depression at this turn of events inducing corresponding household emotional mood-lighting.

And then on Tuesday, I realised that the train wreck of global logistics in the face of COVID and the crisis in Eastern Europe had finally filtered down to the availability of adult nappies in Australia.  My inability to buy nappies would probably cheer her up, at least until she found out the hard way that nappies in bed for me at least are by now very, very necessary so on balance, I thought it best NOT  to share this new issue with her.

The BetterDry that I use at nights are out of stock at the solitary Australian supplier who carries them and have been so for weeks.

The “Barry” (Rearz Elite Hybrid) that I use to keep myself dry at work are also out of stock at the solitary Australian supplier who carries them and have been so for weeks.

Chatting with the proprietor of my “solitary Australian supplier who carries them” (Littles Downunder) whilst we were standing inside his curiously-empty warehouse, he told me that whilst he had containers “on the water”, timelines for shipping and stevedoring had become wildly unpredictable leading to gaps in supply.  He THINKS he may have them landed in early April but freely admits that the only thing he knows for certain is that he has no idea.

I briefly considered the ABU Simple Ultra Large as a back-up but it is of course, out of stock at the (different) sole Australian supplier who carries them.

The humble Abena L4 IS in stock (from my generic medical supplier) but is physically unequal to a day of physical work when wet and has also increased in price by 6% whilst its tape adhesion strength decreased further by about the same amount.

I CAN actually now source Megamax locally (well, from Sydney so it’s still 600 miles away) however even the case prices for these are nappy-fillingly high.  At around AUD4.20 per unit (if bought by the double-case), they are about 20% dearer than the Rearz and for me personally, are an unknown quantity.  This might be a fine price to pay for a weekend warrior but as a daily driver, it is prohibitively expensive.

If this doesn’t resolve in the next few weeks, my options are to pay a premium price for “Crinklez” (which as I understand it, are simply printed versions of the BetterDry) and deal with any fall out from my beloved with respect to perceived AB inclinations.   This will solve the night problem at least assuming that these are still in stock by the time I run out of runway and need them.

For day use, it is (at least at this stage) still possible to source a “Rearz Inspire+” which as near as I can tell, are practically the same as the Elite Hybrid anyway but possibly with a little more bulk when wet (any answers from cognoscenti on that assumption are gratefully appreciated).

It’s not yet really a crisis.  The crisis comes in late-April at which time I’m actually due to run out of by-now-not-so-optional nappies.

At the back of my mind is the worry that when nappies DO reappear for sale, they will do so at 10% upward mark-ups.  Despite the Government’s assurances that inflation is only running at around 3%, just about everything I look at seems to have gone up at least 10% lately.  An exception to this would be petrol (gas) and steak (steak) which have gone up by at least 18,000,000%.

For now, I will just run down my remaining BetterDry and Barry stocks as though there were no tomorrow but continue to supplement them with cloth and novelty as circumstances permit.

At least he had something in stock for them.  For “cloth”, I bought a new pair of high waisted Gary plastic pants as I’d carelessly run a pin through my best pair. 

For “novelty”, I bought myself a packet of the new 7000ml capacity Tykables “Cammies” in a fetching blue.  Nothing says “commando” like a military camouflage-patterned adult nappy right?  I probably won’t attempt a 24 hour stint in them but they may be useful for those “overtime” nappy shifts that can sometimes occur with dinner parties.  I’ll try one at home first though.  I’ve never used a Tykables product before and I’d prefer to discover any catastrophic failure modes in the comfort of my own home and not somebody else’s.

• Like 1

The Tykables are pretty good, and about on par with Barry (they're so similar I've wondered whether they're from the same machine/source).  

I bought a few cases of the Tykables a month or so ago, and before then a case of Betterdry, so I think I'm ok with supply for a while (about 4 months supply if my math is ok).  

I have been extending my daily nappies through use of 60x60 terry cloth baby nappies folded as a soaker pad.  It's a bit of washing, but the nappy life gets extended quite a bit.  

On 3/24/2022 at 6:14 AM, oznl said:

The BetterDry that I use at nights are out of stock at the solitary Australian supplier who carries them and have been so for weeks.

I haven't been able to get them here in the UK for ages.  They just haven't been fulfilling wholesale orders, or so my local AB shop told me.  They can't get the printed Crinklz either.  On the other hand, they've now got Megamax back in stock.  Last time I was in there they had a single pack of Mediums left (dark blue) & I've been very impressed with them.  The adhesive on the tabs is so strong it's a struggle to get them off, and the plastic covers are pretty bombproof too.

14 hours ago, Stroller said:

I haven't been able to get them here in the UK for ages.  They just haven't been fulfilling wholesale orders, or so my local AB shop told me.  They can't get the printed Crinklz either.  On the other hand, they've now got Megamax back in stock.  Last time I was in there they had a single pack of Mediums left (dark blue) & I've been very impressed with them.  The adhesive on the tabs is so strong it's a struggle to get them off, and the plastic covers are pretty bombproof too.

Plenty at ABU UK; https://uk.abuniverse.com/product/bdy/

• Thanks 1
On 3/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, ozziebee said:

The Tykables are pretty good, and about on par with Barry (they're so similar I've wondered whether they're from the same machine/source).  

I bought a few cases of the Tykables a month or so ago, and before then a case of Betterdry, so I think I'm ok with supply for a while (about 4 months supply if my math is ok).  

I have been extending my daily nappies through use of 60x60 terry cloth baby nappies folded as a soaker pad.  It's a bit of washing, but the nappy life gets extended quite a bit.  

Interesting although the new Cammies are supposedly rated at 7000ml (having just changed out of one that I spent the night in, I have my doubts here) so on the face of it, they should have vastly more range.

Nice idea on the 60x60 baby terries.  I have a load of them I use as liners and soakers for various cloth nappies.  I'd not considered adding them to a disposable though.  I'd have to deal with some spousal blow-back on additional wet nappies hanging around the laundry though.  I can also get Abrilet booster pads for as little as AUD0.23 per unit which is a pretty cheap price for avoiding a domestic dispute.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:14 PM, Stroller said:

I haven't been able to get them here in the UK for ages.  They just haven't been fulfilling wholesale orders, or so my local AB shop told me.  They can't get the printed Crinklz either. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:31 AM, BedWetMark said:

I'm on pretty good terms with my local ABDL nappy-pusher.  He's based in my city so I drop in rather than mail order and we'll often chat.

He was pretty up-front about the supply constraints and nailed it purely on a shortage of containers, shipping capacity and stevedore inefficiencies on the Australian end rather than the suppliers.  It takes ages to find a container, ages to get it on a ship, and then ages to get it off again and through customs in an Australian port.  All of this is conspiring to make delivery dates much longer than usual and very hard to predict.  It's annoying him as much as us.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:14 AM, oznl said:

If this doesn’t resolve in the next few weeks, my options are to pay a premium price for “Crinklez” (which as I understand it, are simply printed versions of the BetterDry)

This is indeed accurate. I have had supplies of both Crinklez and BetterDry's, and they are indistinguishable, other than by way of the effect they may have on your spouse. 

As to the Inspire+ models, they are supposedly directly comparable to their Princess Pinks and Safari's, sort of chassis sharing, along the lines of Buicks and Oldsmobiles, before Oldsmobile was taken out behind the barn and shot. I have some Inspires in stock currently, but no Inspire +'s . But, I do have some Princess Pinks, and also some Barry's, so I have dutifully dug both of the out, even as I squelch around in an over-wet Molicare that strangely leaked only down the front of the thighs of my jeans, when it failed, mercifully, just as my friend got into his car. 

I would say that the Barry possibly has a bit more capacity to it? But the difference is probably nominal. They both claim around 5400 ml, depending on the size. However, my experience - and I am testing the limits of my recall here - has lead me to the impression that an Elite Hybrid has a bit more going for it than a Safari or a Princess Pink. That said, they are both fine diapers in their own right. If all you can get your hands on is an Inspire+, then you could probably do worse. Such as if everything goes out of stock except the Tena products that they stock in supermarkets. At that point, I will start wearing garbage bags stuffed with newspapers.  

• Thanks 1

I had a rather odd experience last night.

I’d gone to bed at around 10:30pm.  As it was a weekend night, alcohol may well have been involved.  Consequentially, it was of little surprise or note that I slept right through, failing to wake for one or more pee events that had evidently occurred through the night anyway. Like a baby I suppose.  Except I didn’t wake up screaming.

Rather annoyingly, I woke 13 minutes before my beloved’s 5am alarm (she is something of a morning person and likes to start her weekdays at this time).  It’s a cruel biological joke that sees me reliably anticipate morning alarms by several minutes and spend the last few minutes of repose, laying in bed waiting for them to go off.

In any case, I was in that half-twilight dreaming zone that is neither completely awake nor asleep that can be a thing for me on the wrong side of 5am.  My mind will wander, seemingly at will between the mundane reality of a dwindling supply of minutes before “night” is irretrievably concluded by an invariably-these-days-depressing clock radio news broadcast and a rather bizarre dream world where upside-down parodies of everyday life are met with unflinching credulity and people can turn into penguins.

Suddenly, through the semi-hallucinogenic jumble, I suddenly felt the warm trickling flush of a nappy that was getting wetter.

Wetting a nappy has been the normal way for a pee to happen for years now so when it occurs there is no surprise, no twinges of panic that might lead to some reflexive attempt to stop, I just let it flow.

It wasn’t a very big pee at all, probably only 5 or 6 seconds worth and in the fashion of things urological for me nowadays, it did not so much stop as dissipate into a comfortable dripping.

The thing was, there was absolutely zero pee urge that accompanied it and I absolutely had not commanded the release that had just occurred.  It happened by itself and I just happened to be awake enough to notice it.

The volume of pee (not very much), the complete absence of any pee urge that precipitated it and the total total dearth of any internal sensation relating to peeing (other than transiently getting an even wetter and warmer crotch) made me think that this may very well be the type of wetting that is now commonly occurring without waking me.

I suspect I was asleep enough to “wet the bed” but awake enough to realise that it was a totally involuntary act that occurred with zero advance notice and zero messages from a bladder that might otherwise wake me.

I remembered this event all day.  I thought I’d better write it down before I forgot about it.  Thus was my 1,160th night spent in nappies.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, oznl said:

Suddenly, through the semi-hallucinogenic jumble, I suddenly felt the warm trickling flush of a nappy that was getting wetter.

Wetting a nappy has been the normal way for a pee to happen for years now so when it occurs there is no surprise, no twinges of panic that might lead to some reflexive attempt to stop, I just let it flow.

It wasn’t a very big pee at all, probably only 5 or 6 seconds worth and in the fashion of things urological for me nowadays, it did not so much stop as dissipate into a comfortable dripping.

The thing was, there was absolutely zero pee urge that accompanied it and I absolutely had not commanded the release that had just occurred.  It happened by itself and I just happened to be awake enough to notice it.

That's my normal at night - generally no warning these days.  During my upright hours I usually get a few seconds' warning, except when I've just turned a tap on.  Mind you, I'm still not wetting when I'm asleep.

4 hours ago, Stroller said:

That's my normal at night - generally no warning these days.  During my upright hours I usually get a few seconds' warning, except when I've just turned a tap on.  Mind you, I'm still not wetting when I'm asleep.

I think the thing that was missing here was the "few seconds warning".  All I felt was wet warmth and I only had deductive logic to tell me where it was coming from.  I didn't authorise it and the first I knew about it was when I felt it coming out.  All of the usual "I'm about to pee" sensations were AWOL here and even the peeing itself was largely a sensory-free experience.  This kind of makes sense because I would have thought those sensations would have woken me up normally.

It's quite an odd phenomenon (for me at least) but I suspect it's been seen before by others...

• Like 1