LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Overpriced ABDL diapers

35 minutes ago, ruffledpanties said:

Now I just need to figure out how to decorate my cloth diapers.

Iron on decals. I believe there's special software and ink you can buy and produce the decals at home. I looked for some several yrs ago and when I inquired about them  this is what I was told.

To be honest I believe they are priced due to being a product for a niche market. While yes, one could argue that certain ABDL diapers are more effective and of better quality than their commercial counterparts (i.e. depends and such), the demand for a diaper with prints that of “babyish” graphics is just not a high demand product. While some of us here enjoy wearing diapers strictly for personal reasons, the general public who have a need for diapers due to  incontinence (I understand there are many in our community with incontinence that like to express their ABDL lifestyle) don’t generally have the attachment to diapers that our community here does. This makes manufacturing being done at small levels, thus driving the price up. Personally, I am not an AB, but wouldn’t mind some of the cute printed diapers, but being a bigger guy, rarely are my sizes considered. B)

ABDL companies have to expand their market share and become more mainstream if we want to see lower prices.  Is their any reason why they can't get their product known to non-ABDL incontinent consumers in order to get more business.  Could ABuniverse maybe work with doctors and hospitals to get their product known as medical supplies.   That would drive up their demand (and thus income for expansion projects) significantly.  AB diapers surely have better quality than current medical grade diapers anyway, so why not put the competition on those other companies to drive quality up for all. 

This is one problem that cloth diaper babies and little do not have. They were white and if there was any designs, they were on the rubber panties. The whole clother era can be looked at as having about 5 kinds. 1.  prefolds, 2. 21x40, 3. 27x27, 4, for a while, contour/hourglass and 5. homemade (especially for littles, the ones I have were made after some that were made for a little girl bedwetter in 1951). So just what would be an "ABDL" cloth diaper, I have no idea. It would probably be super thick to showcase itself

The funny part is that the graphics on baby diapers, that ABDL's swoon over,  or bust their humps trying to imitate, mean nothing to the baby

As far as printed rubber panties went. The baby did not care and the little hated them as much as those that were solid or translucent or transparent. The only exception to that was pink and little boys; they hated them more, but we are talking over 4 years of age

Also, in the cloth era, diapers were covered up by clothes. Any parents who let their children run around in "just a diaper and rubber panties" were considered pigs and the subject of talk. But that was a threat used on littles. There was a news story in 1951 in this area about a toddler that was found walking around at night in "just a diaper and rubber pants" and the folks were scandalized and thought it was twisted. The boys 8-15 thought it was funny

So just what would an "ABDL" cloth diaper be? Especially since Babykins, RearZ and LL Medico are AB aware/friendly and sell cloth diapers on the "open" market but do not have special ABDL dipaers. It might be a good idea for them to have a part of the side set aside for the ABDL customers. Comco also was andA.C Medical, despite the disclaimer were fetish-friendly but only on the QT. The owner saw one of my early babydolls and loved it and had some tenuous connections with Shiny Girl. The Christy and Susan panties were as babyish and little as any. RearZ referr's to the overnight garment as a "romper" and I am trying to get them to refer to the longer version of their skirts as babydolls (which they are as much as as the overnight garment is a "romper")

While I wish the specialty ABDL diapers were less, I am realistic about there Niche market products. I am willing to pay the extra for a product that is low volume for myself and I consider a luxury item.  

Those who question the pricing of the ABDL products can read through this informative page that helps explain the factors behind the cost.  

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/12381/business/niche-products/

Joey

It is not only a niche market, it is a boutique market as well. "Boutique" being small outfits that cater to the luxury end of the niche, dealing more in the "fashion" aspect of it. A high quality 'pamper" (considering that it will be used once and tossed in the garbage, I have no idea what that means. In the world of cloth diapers, it means the item will not fall apart or fail after a few uses) is one thing, but one that has pretty graphics is something else beyond "high quality". In a boutique market you are paying for the aritstry

• Like 1

Even aside from that; 5 will get you 10 that all of us are in one or more niche and boutique markets. While I am not in the boutique market for ABLG, which is a niche market, I am in another one having nothing to do with it. So in a way, the economics of specialized markets for function and esthetics touches us all

A question that has sprung to my mind after reading this thread is that of how many premium AB nappies are sold in total. With the dawning of nappiesrus here in the UK and their constantly expanding range of products they stock, it would suggest there's some growth going on, but what are the numbers in terms of nappies sold? Obviously this would be sensitive data from a market point of view, if say bambino were to know ABUs market share etc, so highly doubtful we could ever find out.

Similarly, how many more would need to be sold for the economies of scale to kick in and the prices starting to drop... Could advertising outside of the AB world boost numbers? I liked the idea jcrowley suggested about getting the word out to doctors and such to boost the number of people buying premium nappies.

As for my thoughts on them being overpriced... I don't think they are personally. Okay, they're not cheap, but given how great the ABUs are compared to the cheaper medical ones, in terms of absorbancy, fit, feel and looks, I'm happy to pay £50+ for 40 great nappies. To me, it feels like decent value for money. If I wanted to, I could pay less than 50p a nappy for tena with decent capacity, but for me, they don't compare to the great feeling of wearing a nappy that has been solely made to look and feel like a proper baby nappy.

On 25.12.2017 at 10:39 AM, jcrowley1985 said:

ABDL companies have to expand their market share and become more mainstream if we want to see lower prices.  Is their any reason why they can't get their product known to non-ABDL incontinent consumers in order to get more business.

ABDL diapers must not be discussed in incontinence fora, my personal experience. The admins there even search for membership in "evil" fetish fora. That is sad, as both parties would benefit. They will probably read this post, too.

Often when in the waiting room at doctor offices I see salesmen come in with their briefcase full of medical drug samples to give to the doctor to  pass along and prescribe to his or her paitents.  I can imagine a salesman going to a doctor office with boxes of Bambino's or ABU Cushies to give as samples to the doctor to pass out in order to boost sales.

Do not laugh. The original owner of A. C. Medical said that the print panties were used at institutions to male them less drab and "clinical", and more appealing to those who needed them and didn't some Chinese diapers have old person prints on them and were named "happy..." something or other?

On 12/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, Joey_AB_DL said:

While I wish the specialty ABDL diapers were less, I am realistic about there Niche market products. I am willing to pay the extra for a product that is low volume for myself and I consider a luxury item.

If you check sites like Wish or Alibaba you can buy the ABDL diapers direct from manufacturer at a MUCH lower cost. 

While I understand that companies like Bambino and ABU need to pay for employees, marketing and warehouse space the amount of markup vs cost from the manufacturer is ridiculous.

For me, I order by the case to save. I end up paying between $1.50 and $1.90 a diaper, not including shipping. For more over $2 gets to be a bit steep and I agree with the above opinion that over $3 is extreme. At that point it may be prudent for the seller to “rethink their ink”. 

Honestly, though, shipping can be a bigger deal breaker for me than the per diaper price. I don’t make international orders, for example. One company in the US has a great new design coming out but is charging $100 shipping for a case or $20 shipping for a 10 pack. Not sure what happened there...

Personally I think the prices are fair and with so many options and the lower prices competition / increased demand bring it's a great time to be an ABDL.  I first got my hands on ABDL diapers back in 2008 when I bought Bambinos.  I couldn't accord or reasonable hide a full case so I paid more, but if you look at the way back machine they were $1.67 a diaper when purchased as a case.  Adjusted for inflation that's about $1.95 per diaper today.  Look at the options we have today!  That same Bambino diaper is now $1.77 a diaper, and now you have products like ABU premium line for $1.95.  Same price as 2008 Bambino, WAY better diaper!

Remember we are a very niche market.  The price WILL be set at what the market will bare now that there is competition. 

• 4 weeks later...

I regress to my little girl side just fine in a dry 24/7.   I used to wear ABU but they leak especially at night and the other ones are thinner and overpriced.  And you can buy the fragrance  besides. The Pampers I wore as a baby and little girl wear plain white anyway.