LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Firefly 35

Anyone have invasive parents?

Question

I know I do, but I'm not trying to be mean to them or anything.  It's just that they care about me a lot, with good reasons and intentions, but sometimes care about me just a little too much.  Does anyone know how I can reason with them without coming across rude or ultra-defensive?  Any advice would be great.

18 answers to this question

Make their day, leave them fun stuff to find on purpose. Buy some giant dildos, and hide them in easy to find places. Leave sex magazines out. They want to find something, give them what they want. 

10 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I know I do, but I'm not trying to be mean to them or anything.  It's just that they care about me a lot, with good reasons and intentions, but sometimes care about me just a little too much.  Does anyone know how I can reason with them without coming across rude or ultra-defensive?  Any advice would be great.

What do they do that’s invasive?

as long as your parents aren't invading your privacy and going through your things, then i don't think they're doing anything wrong. maybe they are coming off as more "overbearing" rather than "invasive". my mom was/is kinda overbearing. i would want to go out, and she'd ask me several questions about what my plans were, where i was going, who with, what's going in there, when i'd be back, etc etc. then again when i got back, more questions! how was it, did you have fun, did you find what you needed, who all was there, etc etc etc.

i too, took it as invasive, but after i while, i started to think of it as her keeping tabs or living slightly vicariously through me. she doesn't get out much, or have many friends, and probably a bunch of the things i did she thought was neat. plus it might just be her way of showing her caring about me, instead of just a "have fun, bye!" and i'd leave. honestly, if she stopped doing the 20 questions thing, i'd probably would have felt like she didn't care anymore. 

also, and i hate to say this because it makes me feel old, you're at that point of you wanting to prove your independence as a young adult. the "yea, i can take care of myself! :D "-kind of attitude. in the end of it, you'll be fine, your parents just love you, and (sorry for the wording) their little baby is growing up, and they do and don't want you to. i'm the oldest of the family, and i know it was kinda hard on my mom to see me grow up, get girlfriends, go to college, and eventually move out. they just love you, that's all.

51 minutes ago, diaperguy85 said:

as long as your parents aren't invading your privacy and going through your things, then i don't think they're doing anything wrong. maybe they are coming off as more "overbearing" rather than "invasive". my mom was/is kinda overbearing. i would want to go out, and she'd ask me several questions about what my plans were, where i was going, who with, what's going in there, when i'd be back, etc etc. then again when i got back, more questions! how was it, did you have fun, did you find what you needed, who all was there, etc etc etc.

i too, took it as invasive, but after i while, i started to think of it as her keeping tabs or living slightly vicariously through me. she doesn't get out much, or have many friends, and probably a bunch of the things i did she thought was neat. plus it might just be her way of showing her caring about me, instead of just a "have fun, bye!" and i'd leave. honestly, if she stopped doing the 20 questions thing, i'd probably would have felt like she didn't care anymore. 

also, and i hate to say this because it makes me feel old, you're at that point of you wanting to prove your independence as a young adult. the "yea, i can take care of myself! :D "-kind of attitude. in the end of it, you'll be fine, your parents just love you, and (sorry for the wording) their little baby is growing up, and they do and don't want you to. i'm the oldest of the family, and i know it was kinda hard on my mom to see me grow up, get girlfriends, go to college, and eventually move out. they just love you, that's all.

I know that their intentions are good, but it's just that they ARE invading my privacy AND going through my stuff.  For example, if my mom thinks that my room is too messy, she will just go in there and start cleaning it without letting me take care of it myself.  I appreciate the advice, but how exactly would I keep my parents from doing things like that without coming across super rude?

2 hours ago, Bartman said:

What do they do that’s invasive?

Asking excessive questions, asking for excessive details about personal things, and sometimes even going into my room and going through my stuff. 

4 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I know that their intentions are good, but it's just that they ARE invading my privacy AND going through my stuff.  For example, if my mom thinks that my room is too messy, she will just go in there and start cleaning it without letting me take care of it myself.  I appreciate the advice, but how exactly would I keep my parents from doing things like that without coming across super rude?

well, that just sucks. i hope your diapers aren't in there somewhere! just out of curiosity, do you have siblings? you the youngest? middle? oldest? 

you can start by nicely sitting them down and talking with them that first off that you love them, which i know you do. then that you don't appreciate them going through your room without your knowledge or permission. it is an invasion of privacy, and a sign of little or no trust on their part. and get prepared for a conversation and possibly an argument, but things could also go over smoothly, you really don't know until you get there. things could be good and they won't go through your stuff anymore.

and, if all else fails, like @AbabeBill said... start planting things to find! get creative! make them think twice about doing that stuff. but that's more of a last straw kind of thing. tread cautiously. 

good luck!!

23 minutes ago, diaperguy85 said:

well, that just sucks. i hope your diapers aren't in there somewhere! just out of curiosity, do you have siblings? you the youngest? middle? oldest? 

you can start by nicely sitting them down and talking with them that first off that you love them, which i know you do. then that you don't appreciate them going through your room without your knowledge or permission. it is an invasion of privacy, and a sign of little or no trust on their part. and get prepared for a conversation and possibly an argument, but things could also go over smoothly, you really don't know until you get there. things could be good and they won't go through your stuff anymore.

and, if all else fails, like @AbabeBill said... start planting things to find! get creative! make them think twice about doing that stuff. but that's more of a last straw kind of thing. tread cautiously. 

good luck!!

Thanks for the tip.  I'll probably try that, but hopefully before I go :mf_microwave:.  And to answer your question, I do have a couple of siblings, but ironically they seem to be the only ones who are respectful of my privacy.  Also, I always make sure to keep my diapers where my parents will never find them, so at least that's not a big issue.  Knowing my parents, I doubt they'll listen, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Yo. My parents are invasive as f*ck, and I want to get the hell away from them, once I get a car and money from my job, I can get the hell away from them.

8 hours ago, FurryBoy said:

Yo. My parents are invasive as f*ck, and I want to get the hell away from them, once I get a car and money from my job, I can get the hell away from them.

Are they as bad as mine?

Yes, same thing as yours, if not worse and over hypochondriac worrying.

14 hours ago, FurryBoy said:

Yes, same thing as yours, if not worse and over hypochondriac worrying.

So have you found anything that would help get through to them?

1 hour ago, Firefly 35 said:

So have you found anything that would help get through to them?

Basically just telling them to fck off my shit and they won't see it.

8 minutes ago, FurryBoy said:

Basically just telling them to fck off my shit and they won't see it.

I may have to try that, but my parents will probably just punish me for saying that.  Especially if they find my diapers during one of their raids.  Has that ever happened to you?

Maybe at times, but they leave me alone. My mother found my garbage can (covered with a towel) with a dirty diaper and wipes in there, didn't hear anything about it, came home from work and a new bag was put in.

Well I'm glad to hear that they didn't nag you about that.  I'm guessing you also keep your furry side to yourself as well?

My best advice to you, finish school and find a job in a far away place.

Move out, maybe far away, ask for no money.  At your age, not likely.  Sorry.