LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Election Day Anxiety

So, I debated not posting this at all for fear it will turn into the usual party v party fight, but I need to say it, so please, Please don't turn this into a political fight, just how you are feeling today!

I got very little sleep last night, and am very anxious and nervous today. I've been fine in elections past, but this time around I KNOW the candidates are so vastly different that the outcome of this election could have a drastic effect on my life and future. To avoid partisan arguments, I know better than to spell out my concerns, but I'm worried, and stressed and praying for the outcome I think would be better for me.

Are any other depression/anxiety sufferers feeling the pain of uncertainty today?

I think it's pretty natural to go through the five stages of grief when it comes to the election cycle. I finally made it to acceptance a few days ago, realizing that neither candidate is going to be good, but that I could prioritize what I think this country needs most by voting for the candidate who will do that, while swallowing my pride on the parts of that candidate I despise.

The only consolation, I would say, is really look at your state and local candidates as well. Those people will effect you more than the president will, so if you find someone in your state or local elections that you do wholly support, make sure you vote for them.

Me personally, I'm going to see Trolls tonight and avoid all the election night TV coverage. I advise everyone else also watch or do something positive that makes them happy tonight and get a good night's rest. You can't do a thing to change the result after you cast your ballot so don't put yourself in a position to worry about things once you've voted.

• Like 1

I experience the same thing, made even worse by the fact that every election I have voted in has gone against the way I want it to go.

The most recent vote in this country has torn the country apart and made things a lot worse, with only the promise of even worse to come. Never underestimate stupid and easily led people.

However, I don't think a normal governmental election will have the same impact no matter who wins it. You will all wake up tomorrow to find out who won and not much will change. You have multiple levels of law making so the person at the top shouldn't be too bad, and in a few years you will get the chance to change it anyway.

I can assure you that, either way, in a day or two it will all be over and then everyone will go back to making the best of the situation.

• Like 1

I reconciled that both choices would be unspeakably horrible months ago, so I am simply waiting for the hammer to drop. My intention is to distract myself for as long as possible so when I do finally look, I can have the answer and then move on.

Feeling better today. While Trump was never my candidate, I do believe in democracy and he is our next president. His speech last night was very nice, and expressed the right ideals and values, so maybe "The President" will be a better man than "the candidate" who said brash and hurtful things to get the attention he felt he needed to win.

• Like 1

I'm just glad It's all over now. We had nobody decent and electable to vote for so for the first time in ages I didn't vote. I did my best to avoid it all too, but the news kept harping on it even days after it was over and not "news" anymore :( Given all I've been doing of late I didn't need the added stress and I'm still carrying more than I prefer but I can handle it OK.

It's all a done deal now and I don't expect any promises made to be met- that never happens in politics once someone wins, which is another reason I was burned out this year. Maybe next time round I'll be back in action :girl_happy: Till then the rest from it has been rather nice ;)

Bettypooh