LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
diapermate

Has anyone tried hypnosis?

14 posts in this topic

Just wandered, 'cause this is coming up and down every once in a while: Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? It always seems like the things that aren't really working. General responses?

Yes. I felt a little weird down there but nothing. Maybe mentally I made myself closer to wer differently but nothing really.

On 9/29/2016 at 2:52 PM, diapermate said:

Just wandered, 'cause this is coming up and down every once in a while: Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? It always seems like the things that aren't really working. General responses?

Well here's the gist:

The self-hypnosis stuff found on the interweb is mostly simply bullshit. You'd have to be EXTREMELY susceptible to it for these types of hypnosis to have anything beyond a basic relaxing effect. 

Seeing a good hypno-therapist, well you stand a far better chance of doing something that would work.

however, hypnosis isn't a magic bullet... it can not just flick the "incontinent switch". because there is no such thing as a basic trigger that makes you either continent or incontinent. 
Getting into detail would take a bit more time, but think about it like this... if you're "healthy" and everything is working you're not prone to be incontinent... it takes a physical and mental "effort" to pee... essentially the sphincter (especially the internal, albeit they work sort of in tandem) stays closed without you doing anything. it's "normal".  you have to "engage" it if you want it to open up and pee... keeping it closed is a very subconscious basic action over which you have little direct control... 
As a closely related example: heart beat... your body regulates this on its own... whilst with breathing / relaxation techniques you can learn how to trigger functions of the brain that lower the heart rate, apparently you can't switch it off like "flick - off - dead"... there's a limit to what you can achieve in this regard.... and it's a common misconception that you can learn to lower the heart rate directly - what you can learn is how to trigger things that will get your body in a state where it will lower the heart rate.
It's not exactly the same with the pee thing - but it's a better example.

So you can learn either by hypnosis or whatever to be more relaxed - learn to ignore some of the trigger impulses - be less conscious about making an effort to pee...

and maybe if you are a very deep sleeper hypnosis *could* (if correctly done) even lead to bedwetting and eventually over time (and lots of "positive reinforcement") make you sort of "incontinent".

but again - not an on-off instant switch... and it would to work require a hypno-therapist who's really good at it....
And it would require you to be rather susceptible to hypnosis in the first place...
AND last but not least   you would REALLY REALLY need to WANT IT: not just superficially want it, but like deep down without doubts.
Then it *might* work.

3 hours ago, delta1 said:

Well here's the gist:

The self-hypnosis stuff found on the interweb is mostly simply bullshit. You'd have to be EXTREMELY susceptible to it for these types of hypnosis to have anything beyond a basic relaxing effect. 

Seeing a good hypno-therapist, well you stand a far better chance of doing something that would work.

Thank you very much for the explanation, it puts some things in place. 

When I untrained, I feel like hypnosis did make it easier for me to wet and maybe marginally harder, psychologically, for me to hold, but I'd say the process of actually getting untrained was largely just conscious habituation.

1 person likes this

I think for me, playing a suggestion part of hypnosis over and over and over again did help me to become a wetter. I played it while working, eating and sleeping. After some time it was easier to wet followed by not remembering that I did wet. Again, I think it helped but wasn't the magic to wetting. You have to really really want to do something for hypnosis to help. 

I've had a couple of real live sessions and afterwards I felt like I was wetting my nappies for real for a day or so but in reality the nappies we dry. Enjoyed the experience even though Im still dry.

I bought a book on self hypnosis and after about a month conditioned myself to wet at night when wearing cloth diapers.  I would not wake up at night and be soaked in the morning.

2 hours ago, def51 said:

I bought a book on self hypnosis and after about a month conditioned myself to wet at night when wearing cloth diapers.  I would not wake up at night and be soaked in the morning.

Please share some more details about what you specifically did to condition yourself?

several years ago i tried some files for wetting. and for me they worked alright. they made it easier for me to relax my bladder sphincters and go. a few times i did wake up wet, but after that i stopped wearing as much and everything went away. also it made me feel like i needed to go more often when i wasn't diapered. i stopped listening to them because i was still living at home and didn't want to go through all that diaper stuff with my family. now that im not there anymore, i've been poking around with them again a bit. maybe i'll get back to wetting again :)

Yep I did, as a matter of fact I tried a lot of things to reach my goal, wetting my diaper without having any control over it, and that includes hypnosis. For me it might not have worked for English is not my native language. Therefor I turned to Catheters and shortly after to stents. Stents do the trick for me, so no need for me to try something else.

I used hypnosis for a year and every morning I wet and messy. When I get the urge to poop I can't stop it I get one to two minutes and it comes out. So I wear diapers had a night and well into the morning hypnosis only works if you wanted to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What hypnosis files did you use and where did you get them from?

Years ago I heard about a hypnosis incident at a public event, may have been a nite club.  Some friends of ours were there, I was not, and they told us that  during the "show" one of the participants actually had a full blown pants wetting issue on stage.  I would expect that was not the objective, but possibly the "victim" had a full bladder when he was pulled from the crowd and when he became fully relaxed so did his bladder??

In any case, not the exact point here but found it interesting in any case, that this 'therapy" can have these concequences in the proper situation.