LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

43 minutes ago, cathdiap said:

O I am sorry. I am not familiar with US insurance terms.

That is exactly the age that I started experimenting with catheters and later on with stents. I guess we both have quite some experience in our own field. Like you I have always bought my own diapers. Must have cost me tens of thousands of your dollars. ? 

I actualy never gave it a second thought as to the cost of my diapers, all I was concerned with was wearing diapers 24/7 and de- potty training and  re- diaper training myself.

I started out wanting to wet my diaper uncontrollably, than grew to messing my diapers also.

Happy to say, I have achieved my goal, and now need to wear diapers 24/7.

The only thing I would change if I could would to achieve my goal years ago.

My latest stent on metric scale graph paper. Very much alike my previous stents, but like I wrote before it is all about the right shape and the right sizes. This one just so happens to be a lot better and more comfortable than the latter.  

1010D070-D9C1-44DF-BAAF-AB77F52A68D6.thumb.jpeg.a587aee9686ee4a7d932688cef921844.jpeg

• Like 5
4 hours ago, cathdiap said:

With this stent I leak small to moderate amounts whenever I change position in bed or sometimes even when I breath in. Once I am asleep these small leaks apparently do not wake me up and they also keep the bladder from reaching the point of contraction. There is one exception however and this happened last night. When my penis is tending towards erection the urethra will block as it is pointing downwards. Then the bladder will fill to the point of contraction which is not the most pleasant experience I can tell. It woke me up and I had to turn on my back to let the erection decrease. Then my full bladder completely emptied at once.

By the way, after this had happened I felt a slight discomfort in the area of the stent so I decided to pull it out. Now everything is fine again so I am about to put it back in. Being continent is so boring. ;) 

I've also experienced that blockage you mentioned from the tip of the meatus pinned up against the diaper, even without an erection! This could also be due to me preferring a tight fit. I've found when stenting to keep the diaper a bit looser-- adds to the crinkle effect as a nice little bonus!

Cathdiap, I noticed you mentioned that you "switched to your back"... What position do you find success in bedwetting? Stomach, side, or some obtuse angle? If any of these, esp stomach, I can see the benefit when stented as the urine would not be situated at the top/back of the bladder as I had earlier indicated (for back sleepers)... The neck of the bladder would in these cases be much more likely to be in constant contact with the urine. Gravity is a big factor when stenting! Looking forward to your response!

Edit: P.S. Thanks for snapping a pic of your latest just now!

• Like 1

I always wear plastic pants over my diaper. One of the benefits is that I can use a looser fit for my diaper. This helps to keep the penis as free as possible in the diaper to let the pee run out more freely. It also helps preventing the diaper from chaving the inner thighs. 

I prefer sleeping on my stomach but urination continues in all positions albeit at a different frequency and in different amounts. The one downside of sleeping on my stomach is that I get erections more frequent in that position.

• Like 1

The best night's sleep I have ever had is using a regular catheter connected to a 2 litre night bag.  It drains perfectly during the night.   My most comfortable stent has been a holey foley with a slit rather than a hole. The slit being carefully placed on the underside. This I can use without being aware of during the day but it doesn't always empty at night in bed resulting in being waken with a fairly full bladder. Getting up in the morning, I need to don plastic pants as a flood is on the way. 

You are right Cathdiap. Keep experimenting ! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it was mentioned much earlier in this thread, but I'm having trouble getting info on how y'all fold/roll/bend(?) the ends of the tube to minimize trauma to the urethra upon insertion. I can't even google up a tutorial on this, as most results are "throw an end cap on it!"

Is there a roll pin or some such technique everyone uses?

Bonus:

My experience has informed me that I want to absolutely zero out the possibility of ingress of a stent or any part of a stent. Putting an end cap on the internal (bladder) end of the stent means that it could come off and get lost if separated from the stent.

Recently, the only thing that saved me from a trip to the ER was that I used heat shrink tubing on the distal end of my cath. This prevented it from getting past the external sphincter because of the increased diameter and inflexibility. From now on, I am always going to have the distal end a greater diameter than the internal tubing for two reasons:

• prevention of migration (increased diameter and inflexibility around the first bend)
  • minimal effort for smoothing the end of the tube

• Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 2:35 AM, doogles said:

I think it was mentioned much earlier in this thread, but I'm having trouble getting info on how y'all fold/roll/bend(?) the ends of the tube to minimize trauma to the urethra upon insertion. I can't even google up a tutorial on this, as most results are "throw an end cap on it!"

Is there a roll pin or some such technique everyone uses?

Bonus:

My experience has informed me that I want to absolutely zero out the possibility of ingress of a stent or any part of a stent. Putting an end cap on the internal (bladder) end of the stent means that it could come off and get lost if separated from the stent.

Recently, the only thing that saved me from a trip to the ER was that I used heat shrink tubing on the distal end of my cath. This prevented it from getting past the external sphincter because of the increased diameter and inflexibility. From now on, I am always going to have the distal end a greater diameter than the internal tubing for two reasons:

• prevention of migration (increased diameter and inflexibility around the first bend)
  • minimal effort for smoothing the end of the tube

Do make sure that any pieces which could drop off are secured by the retrieval line.

@Old_PA

100% agree. In addition, my designs incorporate the idea that IF something does disconnect, then it should disconnect beyond (distal to) the external sphincter. This way any detritus would get pushed externally with stent extraction or normal urine flow.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've found a nearly perfect (so far) configuration as far as stents go. I use about 5 inches of a foley catheter bent into an L shape. I see other designs here include a small angle at the interior end (inside the bladder), but I haven't had an issue with migration in either direction, and I would prefer to make it as fail-safe as possible (erring towards external migration during failure).

The big trick is having the distal portion of the L be around 1.5 inches (I'm using it now, so I don't have it handy to get exact measurements or pictures) and very firm. The 90 degree angle and firmness of the bent portion actually "locks in" to the urethral bend. It looks wonky going in, but once it settles, the angle is perfect for any position with zero irritation. I'm actually quite surprised how it is more comfortable than any catheter I've ever used.

The bend is achieved by using heat shrink tubing and various tools to get the perfect 90 degree bend without compromising flow. The internal portion of the stent is peppered with holes punched with a tool punch so that I don't need to worry that the drainage hole of the catheter is too high to allow drainage and so that the entire stent gets flow (preventing dry areas of irritation or pockets where fluid can stagnate).

The heat shrink tubing also allows me to soften the interface between the stent and my urethra. My retrieval line is double stitched through the stent and the heat shrink tubing with 10 pound test fishing line (will upgrade to braided line in a bit) so that if one side breaks then I'll have friction holding the line in place. At the end, I have the two ends tied in a simple overhand knot, then I lark's head through a rubber O ring. The O ring fits nicely over the head of my penis.

The only remaining improvement would be to add more fail-safe features to aid extraction or to find a way to minimize the footprint of the retrieval line. On both, I've toyed with the idea of introducing some magnetic (but bio-neutral) metal into the stent where it is closest to the skin surface. In a pinch, a magnet could be used to draw the stent out. The danger is that too strong a magnet could pinch the skin and do some serious damage. Maybe that's an acceptable risk when the negative outcome is an internally migrated stent, or, less seriously, a broken retrieval line.

One thing to keep in mind about me: I don't get sick, ever. I have never had a UTI in the three years (maybe more?) of using caths or stents. This is incredibly unusual from what I see in these forums, and I warn anyone from jumping this far into our idiotic chicanery without taking proper precautions.

• Like 3
On 6/7/2021 at 4:56 PM, doogles said:

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've found a nearly perfect (so far) configuration as far as stents go. I use about 5 inches of a foley catheter bent into an L shape. I see other designs here include a small angle at the interior end (inside the bladder), but I haven't had an issue with migration in either direction, and I would prefer to make it as fail-safe as possible (erring towards external migration during failure).

The big trick is having the distal portion of the L be around 1.5 inches (I'm using it now, so I don't have it handy to get exact measurements or pictures) and very firm. The 90 degree angle and firmness of the bent portion actually "locks in" to the urethral bend. It looks wonky going in, but once it settles, the angle is perfect for any position with zero irritation. I'm actually quite surprised how it is more comfortable than any catheter I've ever used.

The bend is achieved by using heat shrink tubing and various tools to get the perfect 90 degree bend without compromising flow. The internal portion of the stent is peppered with holes punched with a tool punch so that I don't need to worry that the drainage hole of the catheter is too high to allow drainage and so that the entire stent gets flow (preventing dry areas of irritation or pockets where fluid can stagnate).

The heat shrink tubing also allows me to soften the interface between the stent and my urethra. My retrieval line is double stitched through the stent and the heat shrink tubing with 10 pound test fishing line (will upgrade to braided line in a bit) so that if one side breaks then I'll have friction holding the line in place. At the end, I have the two ends tied in a simple overhand knot, then I lark's head through a rubber O ring. The O ring fits nicely over the head of my penis.

The only remaining improvement would be to add more fail-safe features to aid extraction or to find a way to minimize the footprint of the retrieval line. On both, I've toyed with the idea of introducing some magnetic (but bio-neutral) metal into the stent where it is closest to the skin surface. In a pinch, a magnet could be used to draw the stent out. The danger is that too strong a magnet could pinch the skin and do some serious damage. Maybe that's an acceptable risk when the negative outcome is an internally migrated stent, or, less seriously, a broken retrieval line.

One thing to keep in mind about me: I don't get sick, ever. I have never had a UTI in the three years (maybe more?) of using caths or stents. This is incredibly unusual from what I see in these forums, and I warn anyone from jumping this far into our idiotic chicanery without taking proper precautions.

How do you get the heat shrink tubing to bend in the foley catheter? When you heat the heat shrink tube the material contracts, but it does not bend.

Hello everybody. During an orgasm in which the semen shoots out the prostate and hits the stent, it feels like a shot from a blocked rifle. Has anyone of you had this experience? Has anyone tried to build holes in the middle part to allow the sperm to drain?

On 6/7/2021 at 7:56 AM, doogles said:

Would you be willing to show a step by step how-to in the future?

On 6/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, doogles said:

Apologies for the delay. Attached is the picture I took of the stent I currently use.

stent.jpg

Doesn't it rub or bother you where you cut the stent?

The material of the heat shrink tube will not give problems for being toxic?

On 6/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, Andypandi said:

Hello everybody. During an orgasm in which the semen shoots out the prostate and hits the stent, it feels like a shot from a blocked rifle. Has anyone of you had this experience? Has anyone tried to build holes in the middle part to allow the sperm to drain?

I had this happen while using a 18f foley catheter.  Hurt like crazy and drew blood.  Needless to say, I don't do that anymore.  This makes me hurt even thinking about that.

And back to the stent thread.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, sandiaper said:

The heat shrink is nicely rounded, so I don't have any edges. However, it isn't as perfectly rounded as the head of a catheter. That is the next problem to tackle.

As far as toxicity, I haven't noticed any issues after a week or more.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, sandiaper said:

I just did a quicky search for is heat shrink tubing toxic? and this was one of the bits of information that showed from the search.

• Shouldn't be. Heatshrink tubing is just plastic. Certain plastics just shrink when heated just like the thin clear plastic wrap you see in that wraps tightly around boxes and other packaging. They don't really have to do anything weird to it to make it shrink.

The material used for most heatshrink tubing is polyolefin, in case you are curious. You might like to know there is also food-grade polyolefin heat shrink tubing as well. There is even medical grade polyolefin heat shrink tubing.

edit,  there you are.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:24 PM, doogles said:

Apologies for the delay. Attached is the picture I took of the stent I currently use.

Interesting and simple design.  Distal end sticks into the bladder and the 90° bend keeps it from migrating into the bladder.

Proximal end exits past the sphincter and the same 90° bend prevents the stent from migrating out.

Edited by Fakename4me
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, nicjasno said:

What tool punch did you use?

It's a leatherworking punch I found on Amazon. Pretty cheap, does the work well. Be sure to confirm any punched out bits are fully removed.

Oh, a minor update on my design: I downscaled the catheter used to a 14fr, and now I definitely don't even know it's in. The only thing remaining is minimizing the retrieval system. Suggestions? I was thinking about tinkering with magnets in some way.

I had some time and energy to try a new design that came to mind looking at Doogles' stent.

I got some super soft, food grade platinum silicone tubing about 14fr and stainless tubing that fits tight inside. It feels nice and smooth after assembly, and the dimensions are patterned after Doogles' design. The stainless provides the smooth radius elbow, and with any luck it can be bent a little without disassembly.

If I don't die, I'll post results and pictures!

/Two Hours Later.../

No good. I swear it felt like it was almost there, but I couldn't get purchase on the outer end in order to get the inner end to pass the bladder neck. Now I'm waiting through the stinging and irritation before I can make a modified attempt.

I added a bit of ss tube to keep the inner end straight, and I'm going to try a detatchable section as a "pusher" on the outside end to ease insertion.

Edited by Creepymouse

My clumsy attempt...

I inserted a bent polyetilene tube (5mm outer, 3mm inner diameter) into the catheter tube. I should probably have it extend more into the upwards tube. wasn't bad, wasn't good. Need to refine it a bit. Also, the tube after bent is not fully rigid, so this may be an issue aswell.

2021-07-26 19.46.15.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 3:36 AM, sebt said:

do you know that? I don't remember if it had been mentioned before. very interesting. do you know if we can order it?

https://www.urodevmedical.com/intelliflow-system

That looks really interesting.

But no, you won't be able to buy it anywhere. It's in clinical trials. Best to just keep an eye on it and wait til the trial is over. Looks like they estimate January 2022.