LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not AB or Not DL, Are You Something Else?

I'm Adult Kid all the way. My inner child character is a grade schooler, but still in diapers for his weak bladder. Not into any baby things, and my liking for diapers is emotional, not sexual.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I know exactly where you're coming from, because neither AB or DL really fits me. I've never associated with being an AB, and I don't ageplay, so to describe myself as an AB/AK or whatever variation you prefer would be a huge misnomer. Yeah, I have some stuff that could be associated with being an AB, but I don't identify as one myself.

When it comes to being a DL, I've come to tolerate the term even though I've never felt that it truly fit me. Adult diapers have never interested me, it's always been "youth/non-adult" diapers that have gotten my attention, and that continue to get my attention. Part of my interest is definitely sexual which is why I tolerate the DL label, but another part of my interest is completely non-sexual. There are plenty of times where I wear a diaper just to relax, or because it just feels good to me, or because I can throw on a pair of GoodNites and wet them as a matter of practicality. When I'm wearing a diaper in those situations I'm not identifying as a "DL," or wearing like I would while engaging in DL behavior. While there are other times when I'll wear a diaper for purely sexual reasons, it's not every time that I put one on, and I've never felt like the term truly fit me or my interests. I used it on here because it's the only label that kind of fits me, and while the term has grown on me over the years, I've never felt that either AB or DL really fit me or my interests as a whole.

Part of the reason that I've become more tolerant of the DL label is that its definition seems to have broadened over the years. I remember when I first heard the term, it was pretty rigidly defined as someone who only has an interest in diapers, and that it had to be completely sexual. This naturally rubbed me the wrong way because part of my interest in diapers definitely wasn't sexual, and another part of it was. I also remember at least some AB/DL sites stating that if you owned anything that could be found in a Toys R Us, you were automatically an AB, and if you liked any other form of padding, you weren't a diaper lover. This also irked me because I do have stuff that you could probably find in a Toys R Us, but it's not AB/DL related at all, and my enjoyment of other forms of padding would have disqualified me from the Diaper Lover label. The definition has definitely changed though, and I've gravitated more towards what the current definition defines a DL as, but when I was first introduced to it, it definitely didn't fit me because of how narrowly defined and judgmental it was. I joined DD around the time the label's definition started to change, but there was a point where I wouldn't join any AB/DL related sites precisely because of how narrow the definitions of AB and DL were, and how I didn't feel like having to defend which label I chose to identify with at the time.

Part of the reason that I've become more tolerant of the DL label is that its definition seems to have broadened over the years. I remember when I first heard the term, it was pretty rigidly defined as someone who only has an interest in diapers, and that it had to be completely sexual. This naturally rubbed me the wrong way because part of my interest in diapers definitely wasn't sexual, and another part of it was. I also remember at least some AB/DL sites stating that if you owned anything that could be found in a Toys R Us, you were automatically an AB, and if you liked any other form of padding, you weren't a diaper lover. This also irked me because I do have stuff that you could probably find in a Toys R Us, but it's not AB/DL related at all, and my enjoyment of other forms of padding would have disqualified me from the Diaper Lover label. The definition has definitely changed though, and I've gravitated more towards what the current definition defines a DL as, but when I was first introduced to it, it definitely didn't fit me because of how narrowly defined and judgmental it was. I joined DD around the time the label's definition started to change, but there was a point where I wouldn't join any AB/DL related sites precisely because of how narrow the definitions of AB and DL were, and how I didn't feel like having to defend which label I chose to identify with at the time.

And this is EXACTLY why I have been working so hard to get others to realize that diapers do not automatically equal fetish. I've been trying to get everyone to realize that being a DL isn't just something you should be able to accept, but the whole of society as well. While it's not the same, i do feel this is somewhat similar to what gay's had to go through in years past. Once people started to realize that being gay wasn't just about having sex, then society as a whole became more tolerant to gays (not to mention gay people them selves). This is the direction I want to see our community take as well. AB's the same, but remember- baby steps.

I feel like I'm an adult and a baby, but that the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Like - we don't ask parents their kid's age to determine whether to refer to the kid as a 'baby' or a 'child'. We make the judgement based on certain external characteristics, such as are they out of diapers, do they still use a pacifier, do they still go around in a stroller, and we make judgements based on those characteristics regardless of other criteria.

I'm 20 and not regressive, but I like wearing diapers. I like using diapers. I like my pacifier. I like clothes that are comfortable and practical with diapers. I feel like I like those things for the same reason babies (and their parents) like them - like I grew out of infancy but never stopped satisfying the criteria that define 'baby'.

So, who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 6/16/2015 at 3:17 PM, gah!ghost said:

Both my girlfriend (~ashley~) and I have always struggled with this.

For her she is interested into ageplay but never considered herself 'AB' because she felt older than a baby. This also made it difficult for her when she became incontinent since diapers were never part of her ageplay. She has since come to be totally okay with wearing them and even embracing it and making it fun.

For me I have always been interested in wearing diapers from a very young age but even when I was like 8 it was adult diapers that interested me and it was never a sexual thing. It's more of a non-sexual medical fetish I guess? I do also like arm and leg braces and things like that. So I never really felt like I fit in as a 'DL'.

Has anyone else felt similarly?

why feel the need to classify? be you, let her be her, im just me, sometimes i like to get into baby things, sometimes i just want to wear a diaper, i dont see a point in sticking a label on your head(figuratively speaking)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess to me AB is synonymous with Little. I identify as an AB but my little self is not an infant. The precise age is hard to nail down, but being old enough for diapers (and other baby stuff) to be a bit embarrassing is essential. Diapers alone aren't enough though, there definitely has to be some context of being babied by a caregiver. Otherwise it's just a garment.

In the DPf/NL's of the mid-1980's AB was subddivided into Infant, Toddler, Preschooler, Grade-schooler and teen if diapers were involved. Now we have AK which seems to fit Little

For myself, at 5, I use AK, ABLG, ALG/LG but mostly VLG: Bery Little Girl. So, I guess if we wanted to subdivid further, we could have Infant, Toddler, VeryLittle/Little (since some LG's are up to 11 at GirlTalk. To) or anthing from 7 to 15 might be AK

• 2 months later...