LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The baby/diaper equvalence theorem

Howdy everyone! I have written an article this week (its only short) about the place of diapers in the AB Universe. I was frustrated by how diapers appear to be significantly different to all other objects like pacifiers, bottles, baby clothes etc. I believe I have formulated an explanation that in turn, might also explain why other people have such difficulty accepting diapers.

Regarding what you say about replication vs. authenticity--mostly, I strive for the latter, but I think my preference for cloth diapers (and pins, not velcro or a Snappi) comes from the fact I used those things as a child. When it comes to other things--toys, especially--I'm drawn to the more modern stuff. If anything, I think today's kids have it a good deal better than I ever did.

Hi Rachel... I get where you are coming from. Authenticity is about meeting an inner need, not constructing an outer universe. I think also that cloth diapers may be in part seeking to rediscover part of your infancy since most of us were in cloth as babies at our age. Authenticity seeks cloth diapers. REplication seeks 1950s clothe diapers and 1950s waterproof pants. My baby sleeps with a teddy bear every night and is part of the routine of making him feel happier and safer. It is not uncommon.

I believe that the baby /diaper equivalence theorem has a fair amount of validity

many people equate wearing diapers to being a baby except for the elderly or those who have a medical need for them.

this belief is reinforced by parents during potty training when they tell their kids that only babies wear diapers

I believe that the baby /diaper equivalence theorem has a fair amount of validity

many people equate wearing diapers to being a baby except for the elderly or those who have a medical need for them.

this belief is reinforced by parents during potty training when they tell their kids that only babies wear diapers

I can see the point in the equivalency, and the reasoniong behing your position is strong. The only thing constantly "baby" is diapers; toys, pacifiers, cribs, and baby bottles are part-time but diapers are always with babies ;)

Clearly this is not some GUT (Grand Unified Theory) of AB behaviour as there are many, many variables to consider, but most serious commentary on it suggests that it is in the ballpark of explaining some of it.

I would just like to add this: I am a AB and couldn't be one without a diaper, I do however do not need to use it to accomplish that fact..Enhance yes, but not required. And point two, thanks for the last 4 posts, my brain almost exploded with knowledge and thought...felt like I was back in college :P

I would just like to add this: I am a AB and couldn't be one without a diaper, I do however do not need to use it to accomplish that fact..Enhance yes, but not required. And point two, thanks for the last 4 posts, my brain almost exploded with knowledge and thought...felt like I was back in college :P

Thanks repaid. The point of the equivalence is not that you need a diaper to be AB every time but that the diaper is internally considered essentially infantile and that we subconciously make the connection. The next question is whether or not EVERYONE makes that connection or if it is a specific AB connection.

The point of the equivalence is not that you need a diaper to be AB every time but that the diaper is internally considered essentially infantile and that we subconciously make the connection. The next question is whether or not EVERYONE makes that connection or if it is a specific AB connection.

I had bladder control problems as a child. I needed and wanted diapers but was not allowed them. I do not know how much of the "want" was based in the need, but I know that in my daydreams I was diapered and it was right for me ;) In my utopia I'm a pre-teen, not an AB. At that age there is still a need for parental care, control, and protection; it's just that there's more freedom of choice and bigger boundaries at the older age which appeals to me :girl_happy: There must be a 'trigger' for becoming AB, but it may not center around diapers and it may not be a single trigger or even a single category of triggers. You're taking on quite a chore in asking but perhaps you will be able to see something that all others have missed so far :thumbsup: