Should moderators be displayed

tayiie

Should moderators be displayed  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Hostile responses? Not here unless you got a warning over somthing then b!tch or whine to me, I do try to be moderate and reasonable but YMMV and i ain't everyone else. When I delete posts, the OP will know why (unless they get banned) and it's nobody elses business <_< If I feel it serves the members I may post why but normally you can figure it out, only the worst posts get pulled :P

Just to be clear, while I still think mods should always be clearly noted as such, my response to the original question was intended to be in response to the concept in general, not just DD or a specific part of DD. I'm aware that the forum mods (literally) have badges next to there names, and that's a huge help in knowing who to go to. I would hate to see those badges go away though for reasons previously mentioned. If the chatroom doesn't automatically identify mods, it should definitely be something that's implemented in the future for the same reasons its helpful on the forum.

Look Betty, if you want the details I'll PM you, but suffice it to say that both DD and Repaid have reamed me in public and in private over innocuous inquiries and suggestions.

You can pretend that the people running this forum aren't disfunctional but you've admitted that it is true.

Will was upset at me for removing a news post about child abuse involving diapers. While not officially in the rules I felt the particular story was "too much" for a diaper-fetish site. This may be colored from my own abuse as a child, but that's a story for another day... or never)

I never realized there was an issue? Its just a website folks. Getting angry over stuff on the internet seem a bit like a waste of energy.

Mods here do a slam bang job. Or maybe i feel this way because I try not to get bent over the words I see.

As for DD chewin ass, it's his damned website, i think its appropriate he does as he sees fit. Ive seen a lot of members come and go over the years and Ive learned if you wanna stay and play be nice. Seems fairly simple.

• Like 1

Everyone is dysfunctional in some way- a point I made with myTherapist who had not reallyconsidered that but agreed with :P Everyone has moods and feelings too, which are not readily visible through a computer screen with sometimes a time lag when you last saw them.Folks who work with me will tell yo to keep your distance when I'm in a bad mood- I can make strong men cry with mere words of truth when I want to <_< Those moods don't last long with me (thank goodness) but my Depression can and that affects my mood.

In general, moderation on DailyDi is excellent. Warnings and explanations seem to always be available, and I know that applied to Willnotwill, as I read the explanation.

However, I do think some automation would help in applying policy -- for example, if removing a post required the moderator to write a PM to the poster with an explanation. That ought to be something offered as part of the site software, invision Powerboard. Speaking of which, I have a tangential suggestion for the "rules" page...a field that changes roughly daily with something interesting enough to make people read it.

I am sorry about Tara, but something was clearly eating her. I would like to think I could have helped, but I am afraid I fantasize. I am saddened, but never really upset by her -- she was feeling a lot more emotional force than I was.

Edited by Dill_Pickle

Pottypanties, I or anyone else can order you all I might like, or even tell you that you will be banned or kicked from chat if you don't do as I say...but as I am not a moderator or administrator, I can't actually kick anyone out of chat or ban anyone from the forum, or delete their posts if I think they are unfit, or move them to a more appropriate topic.

• 4 weeks later...