LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Difficult Is It To Talk About Diapers?

I told my long-distance boyfriend about my DL side a few months ago. I had taken some anti-anxiety tablets the night before and I think they were still in my system, because normally I would never have the courage to tell anyone. He's the only person I have ever told (apart from people on here, of course).

I've started several replies here but trashed them all since I've only discussed diapers in RL with a couple other people- repaid1 and his GF :) So maybe that doesn't count :huh: I don't really have problems discussing anything with anyone. What I do have problems with is that I feel that conversations about things which I consider personal should be kept in private, away from other people's ears. It's not that I'm ashamed of anything- that's just where my personal comfort level ends :rolleyes: I can tell anyone anything which I want to- I just want to know who's hearing that because I'm not wanting to make this part of my public <_< Someday the 'big conversation' will happen between me and somebody else- probably from their discovering that I wear- and I know how I'll feel and what I'll say already. It won't really be welcome but it won't be a problem either ;)

I've started several replies here but trashed them all since I've only discussed diapers in RL with a couple other people- repaid1 and his GF :) So maybe that doesn't count :huh: I don't really have problems discussing anything with anyone. What I do have problems with is that I feel that conversations about things which I consider personal should be kept in private, away from other people's ears. It's not that I'm ashamed of anything- that's just where my personal comfort level ends :rolleyes: I can tell anyone anything which I want to- I just want to know who's hearing that because I'm not wanting to make this part of my public <_< Someday the 'big conversation' will happen between me and somebody else- probably from their discovering that I wear- and I know how I'll feel and what I'll say already. It won't really be welcome but it won't be a problem either ;)

An alternative you've missed is that they might just appreciate that you tried to not bother them with something they would have preferred to not know about ;) When I came out as TG a few of the people I told who had never really been close to me asked why I was telling them, which made me ask myself that very question :huh: I came to the conclusion that you tell people things like this for only 3 reasons: A- They find out whether intended or not. B- They are certain to find out and you want to be proactive. And C- You just want them to know.

I told my wife. She wondered why i didn't tell her before we had sex for the first time. Lol. I waited until a few years later. It was really difficult. Even after all these years i have a hard time talking to her about it. I guess i have never felt comfortable with this desire of mine to wear diapers. I spent so long feeling like a freak. The fact that i didn't have a lot of friends as a kid didn't help. Even when i discovered this community i felt alone.

It's like i want someone to understand me but i don't understand myself. So I've been trying to post more here and i guess try to be more involved and accepted in this community because it's almost like i read about other people's situations and how they live, and it helps me feel less like an outsider.

So my wife knows and even sometimes participates, but im normally too shy to ask. And i apologise for rambling. Its been a weird few months. But i am truly grateful that there is this community where anyone can go and not be judged. Its a wonderful thing and to anyone who has given me advice, i just want to thank you. Thank you for taking time for me when you didn't have too.

I have been married for 35 years now, I bought diapers into my life about 13 yrs ago. The day was just like any other day, normal conversation and I just told my wife I have been wanting to try wearing diapers; as we have enjoyed golden showers and this would allow me to enjoy being wet longer. She simply stated that if I wanted to try it then go for it. Well the rest is history, it is mainly my thing but she has changed me several times over the years (wet and messy) with no cares. We have brought this into the bedroom as part of our play time, and she has no problem asking me if I am wet, or do you need to change your diaper.

The bottom line is if this is something that's a part of you; or if this is something that your seriously thinking about then just bring it up in a conversation with your partner, wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend and discuss it. I know this isn't one size fits all, but give it a shot.

Relationships are all about communication and mutual respect, give it a try. Just my 2 cents worth.

3R

My fiance is the only I feel needs to know about my diapers, as they're a sexually charged object for me, and we try to fulfil each others kinkier desires when we can.

He's pretty kinky himself - he likes ladies panties and wears them most days, sometimes we pick out panties together or I find some for him to wear, so it helps that he's far from a prude. He's been nothing but accepting and supportive, but it's still always a little hard for me to bring myself to bring up the subject with him. I've come a long way, it's a lot less embarrassing now, but it's still pretty silly that it's even a little hard for me to talk about it when I know he doesn't have a problem with it... actually, he's growing to like it.

I've always been pretty shy and introverted so opening up to people and feeling vulnerable isn't something that comes naturally to me. It took so long to work up the courage to tell him in the first place, but it encouraged him to confess his interest in panties, and it brought us much closer together, so as hard as it was it was probably one of the most rewarding moments of our relationship. There isn't much better than confessing your strangest quirks and kinks to someone and knowing they still love and accept you, and to have them open up in turn.

ive never been able to talk to anyone in person about how i feel about diapers. i feel totally ashamed by it. even just saying the worst diapers sometimes....idk i really wish i wasnt like that tho

I just told my best friend about it last night, I tell him everything so I did really want to. When I told him though he thought it was really odd but he was understanding and not the least bit judgmental (thank god!) I had such anxiety telling him however, worried how he might react. in the end I'm glad I did because now I know I still have his support and friendship.

I think its important to tell the people you really care about and who are important to you about the things that are happening in your life and who you are. people like your best friend or partner because they are the people who care about you heaps and want to see you happy. Its a tough thing to say that your an AB/DL, especially to someone you care about, but in my opinion it would be worthwhile considering

I just told my best friend about it last night, I tell him everything so I did really want to. When I told him though he thought it was really odd but he was understanding and not the least bit judgmental (thank god!) I had such anxiety telling him however, worried how he might react. in the end I'm glad I did because now I know I still have his support and friendship.

I think its important to tell the people you really care about and who are important to you about the things that are happening in your life and who you are. people like your best friend or partner because they are the people who care about you heaps and want to see you happy. Its a tough thing to say that your an AB/DL, especially to someone you care about, but in my opinion it would be worthwhile considering

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We just released the new episode of the podcast (see my signature for link) and wanted to thank everyone that participated in this thread. It made for a great segment!

My girlfriend is the only one who knows. But I'm sure my mom knew growing up.

As it is, I have an extremely hard time saying the word diapers. And I don't even know how to ask for her to diaper me. Lol :blush:

It's a bit more complicated with me. Most people who know me know I wear diapers, but it's very difficult for me to tell people the real reason for it. I tell people I wear them because of a lack of bladder control, but it's only partially true. Every time I tell someone I like wearing diapers, I fear they'll misunderstand and think I would harm children. I've been lucky so far, but I figure my luck will run out eventually, so I tell only when I feel backed in a corner and there's no way out of it.

I find hard to talk to my gf about diapers because when ever i bring them up she rolls her eyes and says not today which made me then tell her that that's what she always says. She then cmes out with "i promise next time i will change you" but i know she won't :(

I find hard to talk to my gf about diapers because when ever i bring them up she rolls her eyes and says not today which made me then tell her that that's what she always says. She then cmes out with "i promise next time i will change you" but i know she won't :(

Talking about your wearing diapers and talking about her changing you are two separate things. Hopefully you've been taking this slow with your girlfriend. I'd recommend getting her used to you wearing a diaper around her first (of you haven't already). Include a little foreplay with her and your diapers to get her more interested in them, then move forward with her changing you, babying you, etc.

• 3 weeks later...