LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Repairing plastic Pants

The repair method will differ depending on the material.

For vinyl, clean the area to be patched and the back of the vinyl patch, with acetone. Most patch failures are due to lack of cleaning. Use caution, acetone is very dangerous but a very good cleaner on vinyl. Gloves and good ventilation are essential. Don't use vinyl gloves.

Apply vinyl glue, some are just called flexible plastic glue, be sure glue is larger than patch.

Apply patch firmly, rolling out all the air bubbles, let dry for 12 hours.

Rubber can be patched like a tube with rubber cement.

Might be a bit tough to find the right colour patches.

I've never tried to patch PUL. I'll have to look that up.

• 2 weeks later...

ok maybe it's just me.. but why not just throw them out and buy a new pair.. .you're not buying a 40,000 car here..

Works for me. More than half the stuff I have I got for free because it had a little problem that needed repair.

Fixed it for a fraction of the product cost.

• 10 months later...

You want the material to be thicker than 3 or 4 mil

Cut a patch of matching material a bit bigger than the tear

Get some GOOP Marine which is Silicone based and good for several materials including rubber. You can also try any of the GOOP specialty items like Shoe GOOP or Plumbers GOOP (for PVC pipe) but Marine is good for chemically harsh environments like salt water. GOOP has a fairly pasty consistency that thickens as it sets and dries. it is flexible when dry and fairly strong

Put a thin layer of GOOP on the patch and around the tear or come-apart seam

Whit about 5 minutes then put the patch in place and press firmly all over the patch

Let set for about a day

Whether it will work that way for dog bites I do not know.You might try just putting a glob of GOOP in each small hole and letting it set for 7 or so minutes than hand-working it more fully to fill and cover the tooth holes like putty

Or, you could get Rubber Fairy to fix things. But I am certain that she would want to try them out by putting them on you and making you wet to be sure they are fixed

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
addition
  • 4 weeks later...

At the price you pay at some of the places, upwards of $30 USD vs getting a large tube of Marine GOOP for under $10 USD, a piece of material,

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
  • 11 months later...