LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Diapers Like Cigarettes and Alcohol?

I wanted to talk about this because I'm very interested in this idea. Before I break out my wallet and start spending my hard-earned money on diapers I'm wondering...is this fetish like cigarettes and alcohol? (Obviously for those who wear because of need this thread doesn't really apply to you, but feel free to contribute.)

When my parents found out, my mom replaced the word "Diapers" with "Cigarettes", and everything we talked about seemed to work with both words. "Cigarettes" are a part of my life. They make me happy, and while others may not approve of my addiction, it's what I'm into. Of course, cigarettes aren't apart of our psychology.

This "thing' is different for everyone and everyone enjoys it in their own way, there are no real rules or guidelines or right or wrong, it's at a very basic individual level. I have been a D/L most of my life, since around the age of 5-6 per my profile, so for me, it's just the way I am :blush: it's not an addiction or anything else, it just 'is'. Do I regret it?? not really...thats kind of like regretting yoru hair color or eye color, you can change it with contacts or hair color etc, but it will always eventually revert back to the origional, so why bother?

Addictive?? again, thats up to the individual and their needs or wants. If you are an addictive personality, then yes they may pose a problem for you, as they really are enjoyable (yet harmless, except for the potential for a rash :P ) and if you are 'that type' then yes, there might be some issues. but generally, the people into this are so because of a physical need (incontinence) or psychological one due to what ever happened in life or they just feel the need for security and comfort as only a diaper can provide...(yes I am sure there are 100000000 other reasons as well)

So this really is something for you to sort out, as only "YOU" know what you want or what you like and enjoy, and the reasons for doing so.

Congrats on being both frugal as well as qualifying enough to be able to go to a school for a higher education :thumbsup: if you like them enough, you can take your diapers with you! ;)

As for regrets on buying any?? nah... that was years ago and something I really really, R*E*A*L*L*Y wanted, so I went and did it and haven't looked back. I still buy them, and have a reasonable 'stash' that I can choose from as well as some wonderful cloth prefolds and plastic pants that I truly enjoy :thumbsup:

So essentially, this remains up to you, and what you want / need. Sure you can collect input from others of us, but no one can really give you want you are looking for, thats something only you can do for yourself.

Sooooo, personally, you have been here a while, have over 2200 posts, so you know your way around the community, and I am sure have a pretty good grasp as to what htis whole "thing' is.

Pulling the trigger on a purchase that 'might' or 'might not, bring you some simple enjoyment and satisfaction (?) is a tough call.

You say you need to be able to save up at least $15,000 in 2 years, which is $7500 a year or $635 a month or roughly $156 a week, which seems do-able if you stay with in reasonable bounds and don't go qwazy in over spending. The average cost of sample packs is about $7.00-ish, depending on brand, so if you go easy and remember your goal and parameters (min savings of $156 a week) then you might be ok :D find a 'cheap' brand that suits your needs and get a bag or 2 that should last a while...you should do OK. But spending on top name brands (Bambino or Abena, molicare etc) might be out of the realm for quite a while, but there are other brands that function in a reasonable manner and are cost effective, depending on use ;)

Sooooooo, are they 'addictive'?? *shrug* I wouldn't know, as I have been in and out of them for the past 40-ish years..I do what my 'fetish-urges' need and wear when I want (or need) and I don't if I don't 'feel' like it, or it would just be the wrong thing to do (like wearing to work)

An addiction is loosley defined as something that you find you just CANNOT live with out (or think so anyways) so, me, yeah I have this....'urge' or what ever you want to call it. But will I live with out it?? SURE! :D I have gone long periods of time with out them, but then I snap back and also go long periods WITH them. So you can take from that what you may.

All I can say s the only one who knows you is Y*O*U< and no-one else. Are you susceptible to temptation?? or easily hooked on pleasurable (or new neat) things? you might have an issue. If not, then you might be OK....or I could just be out of my pond.

Take what works and disregard the rest, try t and see if you like it and work out the rest over time, thats all yo can really do.

Diapers just *ARE* they are an inanimate object incapable of doing anything on their own. You choose to wear or not. IF you let an inanimate object run your life, then you are an addictive personality. If you don't, then you are OK and diapers wont ruin your world :D

But it all starts with you and knowing yourself.

Good luck and get good grades and become the 2nd diapered President of the USA (Roosevelt was the 1st due to polio)

• Like 1

There's a difference between chemical addictions (drugs, alcohol, ciggies, coffee eyc) and psychological addictions (being ABDL, being into BSDM, watching soap operas on TV, fishing, etc) but the effect on your life is the same :whistling: It's really a question of balance between the addiction and the rest of your life and in how well you control things ;) If you let an addiction get out of hand it will take you over :( If you maintain it reasonably the effects are minimal but still present :blush:

I'm a diaperholic. Do l regret buying any? No but if l would have known once l started, l wouldn't have been able to stop, l might have reconsidered. But then l may have never met my husband and never have my two beautiful children so it worked out well at the end.

Everything can become an addiction. The more someone interacts with an item the stronger the connection is to it in some way, for better or worse. It is up to the person to decide how far they want it to go.

Everything can become an addiction. The more someone interacts with an item the stronger the connection is to it in some way, for better or worse. It is up to the person to decide how far they want it to go.

This :Crylol: . Other than chemical addictions like 'crack' where once may be more than you can control, addictions all begin with starting then not controlling it. Then they end up controlling you :crybaby: The key is self-awareness, for without that you will never see what is happening to you until you're addicted- and maybe not even then :o Since human nature tends to blind us when something is making us feel good, it is incumbent on us to look at that afterward with a critical eye to be sure we're making the right choices, and to remember that everything is just one part of our life, not all of it. When something looms too large in that picture, chances are that you're addicted :(

But the true usage of a diaper/nappy is to hold the body excrement for people with bladder and/or bowel problems. Cigarettes and alcohol arent a need even for the most disabled person. That's the catch.

Years ago before my accident, when I only wore diapers for fun, I used to acquaint my diapers to being the same as cigarette smoking or alcohol. Not as an addiction, but as something extra we buy simply so we can enjoy them.

Guest YoungZeppelin

As a life long DL I have always enjoyed them but for the past few months I have been wearing a lot killing my bad anxiety attacks so its a win win... bit now I feel like I gotta pee all the time so not so much :P . So its a addiction I guess for me but also helps mental issues that I have been struggling with.

If you already have the desire to buy diapers, and it's something that you have been thinking about a lot, then I would say that perhaps you are already addicted. It's really quite unusual for a non-addict to even have the thought of buying a specific adult diaper, join a diaper-fetish group, and ask the question online. I'm not judging you, just stating what seems obvious to me.

Need? I'm sure you are limiting that to physical (incontinence) need, but if you include psychological need you would get a much smaller sample population. A psychological need is totally different than a physical/chemical addiction.

What is the difference between addiction and psychological need? Some people drink or smoke to cope and without it, they don't do well without it. Aren't diapers the same if someone was wearing for psychologial need? What happens if that person goes without?