LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So I sleep on my side a lot... And no surprise...

I'm a side/stomach sleeper myself. The only effective solution to leaking I've found is cloth diapers. Disposable diapers just don't absorb fast enough if the bladder empties while on my side. I could feel the urine just run down the inside of the diaper to the side. Since no disposable diaper has absorbent padding on the sides, leaking is inevitable. Since cloth diapers wrap around the sides, they are far more effective at absorbing the urine.

The least protection side-sleeping usually requires is lined plastic panties. I'm thinking there might be enough of a market for a side-sleeper's disposable to make it viable for one of the ABDL specialty manufacturers to produce profitably. There are certainly a bunch of us who could well use such a diaper :blush:

Tucking may do the job for you. However, because of my age, weight, prescribed drugs, and the fact that I've been wearing diapers for so long, I have what is called a retracted or buried penis. Most of the time, it is not even visible on the surface or just the tip is exposed. You'd think this would be an advantage when wearing a disposable diaper and sleeping on my side, but it isn't. The urine simply runs across my abdomen to the side of the diaper.

It's possible to make a disposable diaper work better in this situation by adding an extra absorbency pad, tightly fastening the diaper, and then wearing an elastic pant over it to make sure the diaper stays close to the body. This improves the situation, but is unreliable, as the diaper loosens up after a few hours of moving around in bed.

The only consistently effective solution is a heavy cloth night diaper and pull-on waterproof pants.

Lined plastic pants over a disposable is effectively like wearing a cloth diaper over the disposable.

The least protection side-sleeping usually requires is lined plastic panties. I'm thinking there might be enough of a market for a side-sleeper's disposable to make it viable for one of the ABDL specialty manufacturers to produce profitably. There are certainly a bunch of us who could well use such a diaper :blush:

The thing I wonder about is that you spend $1.50 for a good disposable diaper to avoid the laundry involved with cloth diapers; then you wear a $35 lined plastic pant that requires laundering over the diaper. That means that you need a week's worth of pants assuming you do laundry once a week. What is the benefit of using $500 of disposable diapers at night vs. cloth diapers that can be used repeatedly for several years? I can see how disposable diapers with a cover could be useful while traveling. However, as a normal practice, I don't believe it would be cost effective.

It's really not, but for me I never have enough capital to buy enough diapers to last even a few days. I barely afford M4s, and sometimes resort to walgreens brand even :(

I'd switch to cloth in a heartbeat if I had the money :/

I'm a heavy night wetter and the only thing that works for me is a disposable with terry pants and gary plastic over the top. The disposable normally gets most of it and prevents the wet feeling you get with only wearing cloth.

I had this same problem :/

Abena M4s work well for me, cause they're a bit big, but I have a waterproof mattress cover for any unforeseen events. I can't afford to switch to cloth yet, so I try to at least start off sleeping on my stomach. I still move a lot, but I deal with unstuck tapes on soggy diapers more often than leaky ones.

This problem gets mentioned from time to time and what I don't understand is the aversion to cloth diapers. When it comes to protection and night NOTHING beats a thick cloth diaper and generous plastic pants. My baby is a side-sleeper and roller and... like most people. She wears a kite-folded large terry towelling diaper in

Unfortunately for me I don't have the luxury of being able to change often, so I wear M4s 24/7.

I'd have to start off with like 4 to feel safe, and would have to wash them daily... Hopefully I'll be able to soon, but I'm often not able to restock until I'm down to the diapers in my diaper bag.

You can travel and use cloth diapers, no problem. People had been doing it for a LONG time before now. Just need a supply (just like disposables) and a good wet bag *shrug* BFD. If you;re not going on a long trip or anything, it shouldn't be any more difficult then disposables....Even if you do go for a trip, many hotels have laundry facilities, or you could find a local laundromat if you HAD to do laundry (wash wet/used/dirty diapers) If not, then the wet bag comes in handy, and they are available most anywhere cloth diapers are sold. :thumbsup: