LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well, it finally happened =/

For everyone it seems there is always some defining moment where things change and nothing is quite the same afterwards. As one moves through life, these events can be small or large, and they are noted as such, but still remain as moments of change in daily lives.

Personally, I remember the first time someone called me "sir" I was a whole 18 years old at the time. I don't remember where or what the occasion was, but I do remember the 'title' and how awkward it felt, as I considered myself as just being me and not really 'worthy' of the 'title' of being refereed to as "sir'. (I mean of coarse someone saying "yes sir' how are you sir"? etc, not a title of nobility or anything like that :P I am an American and we don't have such things here, it's just a form of respect I guess...respect for your elders (GAD!!! ) from those who are younger...what ever.

Anyway...it happened again today, well....kind of yesterday as well, someone kept calling me 'sir' and I guess I have gotten used to it and more or less ignore it anymore :P but today was more pertinent, and made me very conscious of who I am, or more to the point, who I am becoming.

I went out to get some breakfast at Carl's since they have a $1.99 breakfast platter (1 scrambled egg, a sausage patty, 2 strips of (very thin) sliced bacon and a biscuit) and some coffee and the 'girl' at the register rang up my order which came to just short of $4 ($3.60 something) but then as I was pulling the money out, she re-rang my order and announced that she gave me a........

SENIOR DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I paid for everything, but this really stuck in my craw...I'm Not T*H*A*T old! :P I mean sure, I'll be 55 next year, but damn! let me enjoy my last 6 months of being a non-senior GAD!

I have no clue as to why she rang up my order like that. Maybe it was how I was walking, or just me having just gotten up (breakfast ends at 10:30 and it was 10:25 when I got there)

I didn't 'smell' old (wasn't wearing a soggy diaper or anything) :P and I was just wearing a tee shirt and jeans...I don't know... Hell, I don't even have that much gray hair! I mean give me a break!

Either way, it was just one of those changing moments in life that sticks with you, which some people enjoy and others might be annoyed by...:glare:

But now, evidently I am a "senior sir" *sigh*

What ever, maybe it's not a big deal, but it still bothers me. Maybe it's my "inner child' fighting this whole aging' thing. I don't 'feel' old I don't think I 'look' old..and I don't smell old :blush: but just the same...somehow I have now garnered the senior discount :rolleyes:

Well, one thing for sure, I guess I'll have to find another place to eat breakfast! :roflmao:

Anyone else run into this awkward moment of life change?? or is it just me??

Well you did not look old to me on Wednesday and Thursday and I am pretty sure you didn't change that much in a day and a half. Anyways as daddy reminds me birthdays are better than the alternative and I say you are only as old as you feel, guess that is why I turned two again.

I just started a new job like 2 weeks ago. They told me to take my time and get used to the job. So I did.

I still outperformed multi-year job veterans. It was glorious. >=D

I have been working the current job I have for the last 14 years, and granted it's usually considered a 'kids' job or young person job (high school or college) I do it because I can and simply because I got tired of all the corporate BS and A-holes I had to deal with in all the other places I worked.

Whats really fun though, is most of the people (kids) I work with are around 1/2 my age, and yet I can work circles around them. :P I am faster, more efficient and thorough and detailed oriented then any of them, and yet they don't learn from the example of how to do stuff or improve their own skills (if they had any) to begin with :P

Yeah I'm getting older, and I try to not let it bother me (much) but the senior discount came unexpectedly and was such a surprise that I didn't know WTF to do, I even mentioned it at work and everyone just laughed..(great....thanks! ) :P

Made me feel 'oh-so-much-better!' :P

But I'm over it now...and thanks for all your inputs! :D

It happened again this morning! :badmood: this chick keeps ringing me up with this stupid discount! WTF. :o I mean sure it saves me a whole .32 cents on my order, but really??? a senior discount??? REEALLY??

Maybe she needs glasses or something..I don't know.

It's just weird. :P

We are a nation built on fear. I'll explain what I mean. I know that sounds very much like hyperbole. What I mean is that we are so afraid of being told that we overlooked something, that we have to include. It's rather ridiculous. Some people would be genuinely offended not to receive that senior discount. They might actually file a lawsuit. And so… You, my young friend, actually I have no idea what you are, or how old you are, anyway, you get that discount applied to you. Lucky is in it?