LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

XP MEDICAL Branded diaper

ldatsea

Hi , I have been wearing these for a week now (Bed wetter) they are an all around decent Diaper Good fit, Absorbency is good, look and feel is good as well. I have not have any trouble with leaking But the tapes suck they either tear the plastic backing or completely tear off not all the time but more times then not.

Didn't get to properly test the first one. Went to do a quick errand and have dinner and diaper padding was clumped up so bad as to be uncomfortable by the time I got home. Hopefully just a fluke.

Looks like the back of the pad pulled away from the plastic and sagged and bunched.

This is the one thing that bothers me about these, and why I haven't tried them yet. The only diapers that don't have this problem are the Former secure plus Xplus (now called Total dry and Total dry Xplus)) Somehow secure personal care managed to figure out how to keep the padding stuck to the plastic backing so that it wouldn't fall apart and bunch up etc....when either wet or dry

I have had Attends and Depends do this as well as Abenas. oddly I never had a problem with Molicares though..

Anyway, just one more thing to hope Gary gets addressed and fixed. I am curious about these though, but have enough in my stash to last a while with out additional purchases :blush:

TOO MUCH SAP!! I do not fully understand why companies insist on going with more and more sap without any of the other stuff (wood fiber, cotton, whatever) in there. I mean I get it, more absorption less bulk. At what cost? They get extremely mushy, and yes, they clump badly. The plastic seems almost identical to that of attends, very thin and very soft. Overall, they're ok, not fantastic. I understand it's a work in progress and I respect that. As of right now, I doubt I'll order more until a few improvements are made.

Diaper 5 of 8 down, and I wear to bed mostly. First the good, before destroying someones hard work. I do applaud XP (Gary) for taking the risk to step into the ring with the big boys, very admirable.

I love how high the padding comes, very comfortable. Capacity is great, they can hold a ton.

Now the "cons". The tapes, 4 out of 5 have not held at all they come open as diapering, have to supplement with my own. As far as placement I don't really mind higher placement, I'm a body builder so I have big legs and larger butt & wear a large even though I'm 36" waist. The biggy as everyone has already stated , leak guards, he's got to add them. I would use again if at least they were added.

That was my first thought, that I must have gotten powder on tapes or diaper front somehow. Had one more fail since, but the ones that held really held tight. I do rub them down too. If they work only get one shot to place. Could have been something on the plastic because all 4 tapes failed each time.

Interesting fact. Your hands do not secrete oil. You pick it up by rubbing and scratching your face.

Not exactly, Sebaceous glands (oil glands) are all over the body except on the palms of hands and soles of feet. The glands empty via ducts into the bases of hair follicles and secrete sebum (a mixture of fats, waxes, and hydrocarbons). Therefor finger tips are fair game to be oily. I still think there is some sort of release agent on the surface of the plastic when it is produced. Not to mention the millions of floating little particles that have to be present during the production of diapers, which of course are attracted to the plastic as the static charge builds as they run through the machine. This is why I think most diapers are contaminated out of the factory. I usually change in the bedroom, or at least start there so the bed spread is fair game. I open up any diaper I am going to wear or pack to the front and rub it a few times on the bed to swipe off anything there. Never failed me yet :)

Seriously, I highly doubt having tapes that don't stick well enough is even remotely a problem with xp diapers. It's more likely the same short between the keyboard and mouse that is also causing this problem.

I realize that I'm new to these forums but I have been into diapers (literally & figuratively) for 30 some years. I've got a pretty good grasp on how to put one on properly. And I do appreciate your helpful comments.

Musclebaby, I really do like the idea that gary is trying to make a good diaper for us, and I too applaud his attempt. Please don't confuse that as my approval for his diapers though. If anything I was one of the first to point out a number of flaws with them.

I'm sorry if I came across as belittling your opinion, I was just trying to figure why they the tapes would not work for you when every one I've tried has stuck too well. However, Repaid also makes a good point about their manufacturing particles, etc. Though it would be a little unrealistic to expect we'd have to wipe down each diaper before using it, I do wonder if it really was a case of a "bad batch". They do happen after all.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the shipment in time for a diaper change they are definitely soft and I like the feel but the tapes are hard to open or peel off lets see how they hold urine

I just got another order too. The tapes have been lowered closer to the legs which does give a slightly better fit. They are still missing the leak guards though, and the tapes still stick too strongly too. Both hard to open the tapes and impossible to reposition them. I'd still like to see elastic waist bands too since they sag so much when even only at half capacity (which is a lot mind you).

They hold as muh asthe abena but the tapes stick to strong and are hard to peel open so putting on standing is almost impossible. Wished they would put the two layer tapes like abena or Tranquility ATNs other than that good diaper.

I got my 12 pack a few days ago, first thing when I opened them was the convenient similarity to Dry 24/7 diapers. The blue writing appears to be the same, they smell the same and Dry 24/7 only difference is the practically untapeable tapes, they are extremely hard to get a hold of so one can tape them on. The padding separates pretty easily in the back end, I've noticed this while using as a laying down, night time diaper and moving around, active all day diaper. They seem to be pretty absorbant and very noisy.

Frankly, I think they are a different version of Dry 24/7

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a case of the large plus version and after many days usage I can offer the following :

* the tapes are a "use once" design.

* great absorbency.

* stuffing clumps up badly if you're active.

* plastic could be cut smaller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if Gary uses a wheelchair? I was thinking that as awkward as these are for those of us who are on our feet all day they may be just about perfect for someone in a wheelchair. If Gary designed these and that's where his experience comes from the way they fit and function makes more sense.

No gar is not in wheel chair. There was a pic of him on abaip.com after he took it over from Brian. Brian was in a chair he has spinabifida. At least i think his name was Brian.