LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapering yourself and leaving enough room

Unlike others, I lay down when I diaper myself. Kinda like I would if I was being diapered by someone else. I lean my head forward so I can see what I am doing and put the diaper under me so that the top of the back of the diaper comes about 2 inches above the "crack". However, this differs with diaper size, type, and brand. I have found that for messing, it is important to make the top tapes rather tight so that the diaper does not begin to sag as weight is added. I am a male so, I also try to leave a bit of room in the front to. When I do the bottom tapes, I keep this in mind and pull the diaper up so I am just barely stretching the elastic in the crotch area and then fasten the tapes to keep it here. Doing this allows the elastic on the diaper to keep it snug when it is not loaded. When I go to fill it, the elastic allows the diaper to stretch in the front and back in the lower portion of the diaper, making room for what is now entering the diaper. Remember how I made the top tapes rather tight, this helps keep the diaper high on my body to prevent sag and, keeps the cuffs on either side of the crotch pulled tight on my skin so the diaper does not leak. It will probably take a few tries to get it just right doing this but, one you get it, it will make much more sense and be MUCH easier to do it again and again. Good luck, let me know how this works out for you if you decide to try it!

I've never really bothered to do anything special with regards to this. I just diaper up and head off to do what ever it is I have planned or need to do. If / when it comes to "that" time, I just go and worry about it later. Sometimes making a 'special effort' is part of the deal as well. It's not just going to fall out on it's own, so a push here or there makes the experiance more memorable :)

I have done this with both cloth and disposables. I noticed with disposables especially, if you fold them lengthwise FIRST, then putt them on, that helps create a better fit, and more space or room in the seat if needed for what ever impending disasters you have coming :P But either way, I don't do anything special, since diapers aren't designed to be formfitting anyways, and they are wide and bulky, there is plenty of room for most everything anyways, Unless you are putting them on So tight that they can't function, but instead end up ripping...and what good is that? :P

If your gonna take a dump, thats what they are made for, so I don't see any particular reason for a special way to put them on to make more room, they already have that.

Just my .002 worth

The type of diaper makes a huge difference as well. You want something with very deep and pronounced standing leg guards to prevent things from squishing out around the legs.

In my experience, both Bambinos and ABU SDKs fit the bill very well here. I wear 24/7, and I tend to alternate between Bambinos and Tena Slip Maxi. That said, I have to be careful when wearing Tenas, as the leg guards aren't as high, which has lead to a couple "uh-oh" moments for me. Dry 24/7 are another that can be a little iffy for messing -- and for exactly the same reason.

A properly constructed diaper has enough room in the seat naturally. You don't have to adjust how snugly you fasten them. My preference is to tape the diaper very snugly, but not so tight as to tear the tapes off if I bend over. Diapers always stretch and will slide down or sag if not fastened snugly.

• 2 weeks later...