LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I be worried?

Hey all. Last night my stomach has been bothering me and had what I thought was gas but when I let it rip I found out it wasn't. What it turned out to be was bright red blood and some sort if mucus. What is this? Should I be worried?

I'm not sick to my stomach but my guts feel like they are switching places in my abdomen.

I have the occasional uncontrollable bowel movement but that's usually only if I'm constipated.

Okay, well lets take into account your diet and use of laxatives. Your bowels secret a mucus like substance to help pass stools. It really sounds like you have a bug your body was just trying to get out. The reason it was mucus like is probably due to your level of hydration. If you were properly hydrated it would have come out more watery. The blood could be a number of things. As long as it was bright red blood you are pretty good. That means that the blood is coming from close to your anus rather than far up in your bowels. If you were passing stuff that looked like coffee grounds we would have an issue that means you had internal hemorrhaging and it is coagulated blood. It could be a small tear in your bowel lining from irritation. You did say that your stomach was bothering you so thats a strong sign that your body had something in it that it didn't like. Whether that be an irritating food or a virus or a bacteria. You would be surprised how easy it is to get bacteria in your stomach. There are thousands of bacteria on your hands that can get into your eye ( causing conjunctivitis ie pink eye ) and in your mouth from not properly washing your hands. Your stomach can usually handle breaking down the bacteria but every so often it just says GET IT OUT OF MEEEEE so it will induce vomitting or diarrhea.

mucus visible in the stool is a sign that your guts are very irritated....time to see a Dr to find out why, as well as just what it was that cut you and caused the bleeding.

As Betty says, severe pain, high fever, chills -->> Emergency Department, NOW!

It sounds reminiscent of ulcerative colitis. My mom has had that for over thirty years, and the symptoms she's described (cramps + blood and mucous in the stools) are very similar. She actually went untreated for the first few years. It got bad enough to where she was on the toilet 20-30 times a day before she got it under control with meds.

It's easily treatable with medication and dietary changes, but I would get it checked out ASAP regardless. Blood in the stool is never a good thing - particularly if it's accompanied by other symptoms like abdominal cramping.

Blits, have you ever had a colostomy? You're younger still but I'm thinking you're about to have one really soon any ways. I had one recently at age 36. Luckily they found nothing beyond an internal hemorrhoid (still needed surgery to fix that though). The prep was.....enduring, but the surgery/scope was nothing.

Whew, I'm relieved by the good news! Now do yourself a favor and eat healthy so that you can have less chance of problems later on- you really are what you eat!

Bettypooh

Oh don't worry. I actually keep a pretty good diet. I try to stay away from carbohydrates and surgary drinks. I prefer to eat meat and leafy veggies.