LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else hate incontinent meds and choose to wear diapers

Well a about three years ago I went to my doctor to get diapers prescribed so medicaide would suplly my incontinent products. She insisted on me trying meds. So I gave in and took a prescription. Now I new taking the meds ment bad side effects and if the pills worked I would still have some accidents cause the meds only stop the majority of the accidents. Well I got home from the doctors office and took the meds and with in 30-40 minutes my heart beat started racing to the point it felt like it was going to eplode and my chest was hurting had tingles in my arms and dizzness dry mouth and some other side effects. I didnt go to the hospital allthough I probably should have but went to the doctor and told her what happend andgave her the rest of the prescription to dispose of properly and said no more meds. She insisted I try another one. So I went to my old doctor and she prescribed the diapers

Now my bigest problem with meds is it is very experimental to find a drug that may stop the majority of your accidents and their are so many to try. Secocond is that you still need to wear some sort of protection to spare embaressing accidents and have to find a way to pay for the protection cause the doc refuses to prescribe protection. Thirdly the side effects they are intollerable and arent worth taking for the rest of your life

I have a mom and some aunts and uncles that the meds dont work for either and the chance of IC meds working for me are slim.

• Like 1

Ha, I just said this in another post. I've had EVERY single pill that could possibly be prescribe for incontinence. Most didn't work, and a few made thing worse. Nearly every urologist I've been to (and I've seen dozens) was completely focused on "curing" me, usually with more pills. They have all acted like having incontinence was the worst thing possible for me- except for liking diapers.

Ha, I just said this in another post. I've had EVERY single pill that could possibly be prescribe for incontinence. Most didn't work, and a few made thing worse. Nearly every urologist I've been to (and I've seen dozens) was completely focused on "curing" me, usually with more pills. They have all acted like having incontinence was the worst thing possible for me- except for liking diapers.

My doc asked if i wanted to try pills. When i told her my incont was nerve related that ended to convo.

At least your doc gave you a choice like they are supose to. Doctors should discuss all your options pills sugery and yes diapers and let you choose your choice like they are supose to. The doctors like to cure everthing out there. Me personal dont want to be cured and meds they only stop some of the accidents I know people who take the meds.

the side effects is why i stopped the meds some worked a bit on the leakage but each brand / type gave me a side effect i would rather not have ....so diapers are the way to go for me... i guess even diapers have side effects (rash etc)...

well said, I feel pretty much the same way. Although they come up with a new medicine that actually works for me, I'm all in.

I swear, this topic is like preaching to the choir! You can suck down as many pills as you want but it hardly ever changes how a doctor thinks diapers are somehow worse for you.

you are so right Brian I experienced this with my doctor and had to go back to my old doc to get the prescription.

I had a TURP for my issues of frequent needs to rush to the bathroom for a small trickle. The TURP just made fewer trips but more and more urgent. Meds either didn't work or gave me side-effects - one was dizziness that made me almost fall over as I walked. No more meds! My urologist ruled out other meds as they were either in the class that didn't work for me or the class that caused the side effects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried a few meds as I am a Veteran and the VA wanted to try and cure me of incontinence. I have accidents when I get bad anxiety and at night when I sleep. The meds did not work for me and the doctor at the time wanted to keep increasing the dosage. I told him I did not feel comfortable doing that and that I thought disposable products were the best coping system for me. I soon after that got a female doctor and she was wicked nice to me. She even told me she has some light incontinence her self and not to worry to much about my incontinence as it was due to anxiety and to work on it with my therapist. She said there are a lot of people with incontinence that never even tell there doctors. But she also promised to get me some name brand products that she did not follow threw with and started to kinda blow me off over the past few months. I have been wetting the bed every night and accidents at least once during the day. I have an appointment to see a new female doctor and I think that my anxiety is feeding into me having accidents. So hopefully she is nice to me and does not try to push meds on me. I like diapers most of the time and have been wearing 24/7 for a little over a year. Diapers are comforting to me and I like being comforted. I wish you all well with diapers or meds. Hugs

• Like 1

The only "IC" med i take is Flowmax and that is actually for my enlarged prostate, as for my OAB, Retention, Incontinence,Nocturnal Enuresis, & as all my fellow gimps know Functional Incontinence, i wear Diapers and Catheterize myself 4 times a day, i wear both disposable and cloth, For disposable i wear Tranquility ATN or Abena M4's and for Cloth i wear Angelfluff Ultimate 3 Contour High Rise, with Gary High Rise enclosed wrapped elastic "Blue Ice" plastic pants or i have some customized Kin's Contour diapers high rise that i wear with Kin's Natural Rubber Pants.