Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

here in the UK we are not allowed to own firearms unless we have a legitimate useage for one, I.E. a farmer. I used to do rifle shooting with the army cadets and i was damned good, I would like to be able to do that again but simply can't as the authorities will not allow it.

This is frankly a bad idea. Storing a firearm with one in the chamber is ASKING for accidental discharges. Seriously, stop doing that. If you have time to get to your firearm, you have time to chamber it.

I have a concealed weapons permit for my 22LR pistol. Then There is my hubby's weapons. I think the loudest of his weapons is the 308, also it could knock me on my rear if not properly balanced to fire the weapon. I don't care for the 45 he has but does damage in the right places.

I have a concealed weapons permit for my 22LR pistol. Then There is my hubby's weapons. I think the loudest of his weapons is the 308, also it could knock me on my rear if not properly balanced to fire the weapon. I don't care for the 45 he has but does damage in the right places.

That kind of sounds like my Taurus judge. It's wildly inaccurate at over 15 yards, but will absolutely blow a large hole in you close up.

This is frankly a bad idea. Storing a firearm with one in the chamber is ASKING for accidental discharges. Seriously, stop doing that. If you have time to get to your firearm, you have time to chamber it.

I guess I should add that I live in close proximity to the Mexican border.....ever have a group of illegals roll up to your hunting camp? I have.....they got water and not lead that time but had it been drug mules....different story. Additionally almost everyone I know that has a CHL carries a loaded weapon, it's more common than you think.....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have mutliple weapons and they were trained from the factory to sit and stay with no interaction. So far after 10 years they haven't moved, shot anyone or run away to kill anyone I'm proud to say. When they do shoot off their ideas it's at the range or the outdoors. I keep them clean and they remain loyal to me and I know at a moments notice I can pick one up and it will let me and any intruders to my home that it's "VOLENS et POTENS" (latin for Willing and Able) to defend my home, property and family.

Never trust a safety. It may fail, but human error might also occur (forgetting to put it back on). The safety is really an "un-safety". Relying on it makes a gun less safe.

my wallet was stolen recently, and it had my license and various other cards in it, my license has my address on it so now im concerned that someone will know where to find me and rob my house, so now im STRONGLY considering buying a .380 when i get work(so i can afford it), what would be the best one to get? i want maximum capacity, and obviously accuracy is important, i also want to be able to accessorize it with things like a mounted light and laser, maybe even(or instead of one of those) a camera to put on it so if i have to draw it i have a record of events.

There is no trick to safe gun control other than education and practice. Become familar with your weapon. Develop muscle memory, so you don't have to think, your body just responds when it needs to. I always carry one in the pipe and no safety, but also finger AWAY from the trigger when drawing the weapon. Use the stock, not the trigger to remove it from the holster. Keep your trigger finger straight!